Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban (18701 Views)

Huawei Has Completed The World's First 5G Live Broadcast In The UK / Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google / Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by nigeriapenbase: 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
TechNews By Topmag.pw

Due to the US Government’s recent trade war with China, the Chinese company has now reportedly reduced new-handset orders from its manufacturing partner Foxconn.

Smartphone-maker Huawei was recently added to the United States’ “Entity List”, a move that has effectively stopped Huawei from doing business with any of its US-based associates, and which has significant implications for both the software and hardware used its future smartphones.

Its Known that,Various chipset manufacturers (such as Intel and Qualcomm) have ceased all dealings with Huawei, but perhaps more significantly, the phone-maker also won’t be allowed to implement critical parts of the Android mobile OS that require access to Google-run services – which includes the likes of YouTube, Gmail, and the Google Play Store, which is used to install and verify apps and games.

With the Chinese tech giant’s ongoing issues, it’s perhaps unsurprising that it has been reassessing its goal of becoming the world’s leading smartphone manufacturer by 2020.

Production reduction

A new report from the South China Morning Post (SCMP), citing people familiar with the matter, has stated that Taiwanese manufacturer Foxconn has “stopped several production lines for Huawei phones in recent days”.

The timing of the change strongly suggests this reduction is a response to the ongoing US trade ban controversy, although the South China Morning Post has conceded that “it is not clear whether the decreased production is temporary or part of a longer-term cut” and that “smartphone manufacturers have flexibility built in their production schedule”.

With Huawei overtaking Apple during Q2 of 2018 to become the world’s second-biggest smartphone maker, the company was hoping to topple the current leader (Samsung) by 2020.

Read More At: http://topmag.pw/2019/06/03/huawei-has-reduced-phone-production-deals-after-google-ban/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by nigeriapenbase: 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by BlueAir: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
Doesn't mean the Chinese won't purchase and value their own products

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by Revolva(m): 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
America rules the world take it ok

33 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by Hienna(m): 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
shocked
Just dey feel some country as dem dey talk about investment and tech going on in our country and guess what this kind of tech post is what most Nigerians pay attention to...
But is the country destinied not to developed??
The fault isnt in d president hand i guess...
But lets face reality...
Nigeria may become a better Country later bt it will take a lot of time..
So if u can wait till 15/25 yrs no prob..
If u cant just hustle for money invest or travel out oppourtunities plenty abroad..
Na connection u go need to get job here. cry
Ur Choice thou.

11 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by bigfish3k: 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
hi
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
Still on still, SAMSUNG : THE KING OF PHONES!

11 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by danowena: 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2019
smiley
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2019
Revolva:
America rules the world take it ok

Trust me ,their influence is starting to wane. Other countries will start seeing American companies as non reliable entities and they will be shifting towards other market coz they know the USA just sanction at will.

Trump is fighting too many trade wars, Mexico, Canada, Europe, China, about to add Japan soon e.t.c. If China can persevere, trump will back down Caz the stock market is feeling the impact and the American big guys here are not happy that much.

Although this will affect Huawei, but trust me it’s better they fight this off now and try to grow themselves with little input from American companies. China have the products, what’s left is the branding, which is what Apple and other American companies have over them.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hehehehhehe.. Dem neva chi chum chin.
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by bigfish3k: 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2019
i tort they were doing gra gra before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by Amuocha: 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2019
I feel so sad to hear this...anyway Sai Trump grin
Apple on the rise again
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by Brownhypo: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
If na you nko
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by Goalgetterz: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ya wah
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by Songsing: 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2019
District of Columbia the pedophile state colonizing America

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by eddieguru(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
cool cool cool
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by brightalo17: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
World power is world power not only in wars but almost in everything. See how usa Is shaking Chinese company like nobody. Am a HUAWEI user but. Seems like I will soon pot till the whole war is over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by ssogundele(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ok. But thought some said they won't be affected by the trade war? China ban twitter, Facebook, telegram and others and the world didn't fall so it's pay back time for their own phone companies to be bad by the rest of the world

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by FRESHG(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
IMAM LUCASBALO AKA ABBEBAILEY WILL NOT LIKE THIS NEWS sad
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by SmellingAnus(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
Lol
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by mooustea: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
why now
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
Hehehehhehe.. Dem neva chi chum chin.
says tecno fan boiz grin
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by AmazingELixir: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
grin grin grin

Donald Trump is to Huawei what Buhari is to ipobians.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by IMASTEX: 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
Expected

I am using one of their brand. It is cool. I was planning on getting a higher one. Thank God I haven't yet before this issue.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by mangojuice(m): 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
Iblad0994:

Trust me , their influence is starting to wane.
When they turn their radar on Nigeria you will prefer to be a citizen Guinea Bissau

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by vicfajeze: 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
DEM GO HEAR WEH
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by aadoiza: 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
Their plans are working
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by AllenSpencer: 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
Huawei must crash

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by Oweku: 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
cool
check my signature below
Re: Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban by SmellingAnus(m): 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
Iblad0994:

Trust me , their influence is starting to wane.
you are right but it will still take hundreds of years for there influence to totally diminish ... Who says their influence can't increase before the next 50 years...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Android Users : Who Knows How To Use Mtn Bis With An Android Phone? Pls Help / Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives / Infinix Unveils The Zero 6 Flagship Device To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.