Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? (17565 Views)

Charge Your Phone, Power Bank & Other Devices With NEPA Light, No Generator / How To Charge Phone With "Hand Sanitizer And Coffee" / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by RaymondHarmony: 7:06am On Jan 10
After buying a new phone or power bank, why is it compulsory to charge it first before using it ?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by slimjohn2k5: 7:36am On Jan 10
I no dey charge till battery die

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by vickthourh(m): 11:41am On Jan 16
Charge wetin..

It's not compulsory

15 Likes

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by saudatu(m): 11:41am On Jan 16
Google is your friend or ypu contact the manufacture for clarification.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by WiszyFraud: 11:41am On Jan 16
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by munavi: 11:41am On Jan 16
Charging your new phone and powerbank before usage is not compulsory but it is recommended to help ensure smooth setup, battery calibration, full capacity testing, and of course peace of mind because of sellers unreliability for naija. cheesy

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by dacool1(m): 11:42am On Jan 16
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by edlion57(m): 11:42am On Jan 16
To wake the battery cells

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Dpharisee: 11:43am On Jan 16
The reason is that the sensors are sometimes programmed to read 100 percent as FULL capacity, but if you start using it at 70% it may send a message to the system that 70% is the optimum, so anytime the battery gets to 70% it will indicate FULL and you won't be getting complete value for money.
That's why the manufacturer will always indicate charge before use.
Its also called calibration
IPDGP:

Abeg, wetin u dey talk
U know nothing about tech If you saying this
All these kids on Nairaland, I am engineer with several years experience, this is the most basic thing you should know, for you that knows so much about Tech.

149 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by oluking: 11:43am On Jan 16
how did it get to front page grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by BUSHHUNTER: 11:43am On Jan 16

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by thesicilian: 11:43am On Jan 16
Personally I don't think it is compulsory. I think it's just a gimmick by the sellers and manufacturers, looking for someone to blame if the device doesn't work well. How can you tell me to charge my power bank for 24hrs before use? Would I be buying a power bank if I had 24hrs electricity?

35 Likes

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by BigDawsNet: 11:44am On Jan 16
The device are uncharged for several months after they were manufactured...

You need to charge them before use... to avoid destroying the battery cell

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Obito555(m): 11:44am On Jan 16
I Only charge when battery is low
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by forkinsonlolo(m): 11:44am On Jan 16
that was holdschool. the newer batteries, lithium iron battery, dont need to be charged at all before use as long as there are some charges on it

10 Likes

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Lawalemi(m): 11:45am On Jan 16
Waiting for engineers to talk.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Karleb(m): 11:45am On Jan 16
These days you don't need to.
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by talk2hb1(m): 11:45am On Jan 16
I think is for calibration of the Battery

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by MeineMutter: 11:45am On Jan 16
oluking:

Mod wants people to argue over it or may be there is no suitable headline to move to fp since morning under that category being supervised by the moderator.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by yesloaded: 11:45am On Jan 16
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by dheolexaone(f): 11:45am On Jan 16
It's not actually compulsory, but it's a good idea to charge a new phone before using it. This helps to optimize the battery's performance in the long run. 😊
Battery also have a life span. So you Gaz give them the right energy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 11:46am On Jan 16
It is done for induction of the battery into a technological species of special formulation where the formula can easily metamorphosed into a scientific transparency of organized rehabilitation. Kai!!! Book no easy. Abeg make una clap for me small.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by EkelediliBuhari: 11:46am On Jan 16
BluntCrazeMan:
Not necessary.

After-all,, the sellers use the residual battery-power to do the testing and setting-up before handing it over to the buyer..

You just lied to yourself.
I know you don't believe this, but you just said it and wanted us to believe it.

Bleep on first-date and/or on wedding-night is not necessary.

If you’re not married, discontinue the convo

If you are read up the laws on consummation then we go continue this discourse
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by safarifarms(m): 11:46am On Jan 16
The device battery has been without charge for a long time during transit and on the shelf of the store.

Battery power has been draining gradually during this period. If you get to use it especially for extended period without first charging the batteries you risk damaging the battery cells thereby reducing the battery life.

Even after first charging before use you also need to be mindful of completely draining your batteries.

If you often completely drain your batteries you are also destroying the battery life and you'll soon need a replacement.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Endinjustice: 11:46am On Jan 16
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by tiswell(m): 11:48am On Jan 16
M
Re: Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? by Tonytonex(m): 11:48am On Jan 16
oluking:
LOL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†. In this life, just make me money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Tecno T8 User About ? / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On / Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.