Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business (24335 Views)

Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia / If Someone is selling You A Jumia Account, do not take it / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by SoNature(m): 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
Carlyboi:
Guess the US might win the war finally against Hauwei but the bigger trade War it’s gonna be really difficult for The US and lastly Apple and iPhone gonna suffer for it in China their biggest market!

My brother, Donald Trump wants most of those American companies with giant factories in China, like Apple and Boeing, to pack up and return to the US.

It's American First, and it's not going to be funny!

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by SoNature(m): 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
Carlyboi:
Guess the US might win the war finally against Hauwei but the bigger trade War it’s gonna be really difficult for The US and lastly Apple and iPhone gonna suffer for it in China their biggest market!

My brother, Donald Trump wants most of those American companies with giant factories in China, like Apple and Boeing, to pack up and return to the US.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by Awaja(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
The same way Naira Marley is coming out victorious will be same for Huawei’s ,vilification is a stepping stone.
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by kernel01: 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
Carlyboi:
Well they can just stick with Samsung and other European companies like Nokia and besides their brands like xiaomi are doing pretty well too!so China might easily hurt Apple products sales in China

If they deny all Chinese mobile the major Apps, just like Whatsapp did to Blackberry, they will stay off mobile market.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
pansophist:

Like I've said earlier, the US may win this battle, but cant win the war. Banning of Huawei has sent a message to all business worldwide that reliance on American tech and business can be catastrophic. And it will force the Chinese to create their own tech ecosystem and eliminate dependence on US owned ecosystem such as alphabet, and also be a direct competitor with the American tech.

Huawei is about 30 years old, and look how much they've achieved, up to becoming the number 2 in world mobile market. Just watch, the US just released a monster. Finger crossed.

Which business world wide?

One of the Communique reached after the G7 Summit 2018 in Quebec was...
"the need for free, fair, and mutually beneficial trade and the importance of fighting PROTECTIONISM "

Another mutually shared understanding at Buenos Aires in 2017.

"when United States trade representative Robert Lighthizer and his EU and Japanese counterparts announced their initiative on the sidelines of World Trade Organization meeting in Buenos Aires, they did not single out any one country for fostering allegedly unfair competitive conditions caused by large market-distorting subsidies and stat-owned enterprises, forced technology transfer and local contents requirements"

An EU trade commissioner by name **Cecilia Malmstrom** said...
"there's no secret that we think that China is a BIG sinner here".

In a joint statement by Mr Robert Lighthizer, Ms Malmstrom and Hiroshige Seko Japan's minister of economy...
"No country should require, force or pressure technology transfer from foreign companies to domestic companies through the use of joint venture requirements, foreign equity limitations, administrative review and licensing processes".

The United States under Trump is just leading the charge against China on behalf of EU and the top Asian nations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:

You know how Nairalanders respond to things like that, always at the defense or offence of anything Islamic.

That's why Boss.
I know bro and you are actually right.
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2019
udemzyudex:
I just hope what happened to ZTE won't befall Huawei.
It's already happening before our very eyes man. sad
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
pansophist:

Like I've said earlier, the US may win this battle, but cant win the war. Banning of Huawei has sent a message to all business worldwide that reliance on American tech and business can be catastrophic. And it will force the Chinese to create their own tech ecosystem and eliminate dependence on US owned ecosystem such as alphabet, and also be a direct competitor with the American tech.

Huawei is about 30 years old, and look how much they've achieved, up to becoming the number 2 in world mobile market. Just watch, the US just released a monster. Finger crossed.
grin your brain is working overdrive on corei7. Spot on analysis.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by TheKingIsHere: 9:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
Where are those ignorant clowns shouting China will deal with USA? grin

Let them come and see now.

Huawei is as good as dead if China don't beg Trump.

Whether you like it or not, America is your master.

5 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by TheKingIsHere: 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
pansophist:

Spoken like a true ignoramus.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by li2pac1717: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
There are selling a stake in the business. The company is not own by Huawei. They are just highest shareholder in company. Stop misleading people with fake news.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by li2pac1717: 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
SoNature:

You so funny. China wanted to even ban Boeing themselves to promote there aicraft maker COMAC. Also, Apple need China like China needs Apple. But Apple needs china more because china is a country and will survive
for so many years.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by li2pac1717: 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
It is so funny to see the level of ignorant on Nairaland. Do you know Huwai just launch the first 5g in UK. Meaning Europe is not onboard with USA. USA cant fight china alone.
TheKingIsHere:
Where are those ignorant clowns shouting China will deal with USA? grin

Let them come and see now.

Huawei is as good as dead if China don't beg Trump.

Whether you like it or not, America is your master.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by TheKingIsHere: 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
li2pac1717:
It is so funny to see the level of ignorant on Nairaland. Do you know Huwai just launch the first 5g in UK. Meaning Europe is not onboard with USA. USA cant fight china alone.

USA can't fight China alone?

This guy is a clown. Next joke please grin

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
SoNature:

Cost of production is much higher in the USA...there is a reason they have those factories in China in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
The problem with Chinese companies outside China is that most times they hardly honour trade laws like they do in Africa.

Her neighbouring countries are very sceptical of doing biz with them.

It's because Africa don't have choice else doing biz with China is at it own risk. It's only the developed world that can give them tit for tat.

As popular as k pop is in Asia and all over, I am yet to hear that their major artists perform in China. Yet they want to dominate Korean entertainment industry. Korea sabi pass them and they no gree. Very rigid country running a killer economy. That is how they run their economy. They will penetrate, takeover and start controlling u with their useless policies yet they won't keep us own.
It's good developed countries are putting them on check.

They don't have soul.
I prefer to run biz with a core Arab country than China.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by li2pac1717: 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
Dude i live in USA. I have better exposure than u
TheKingIsHere:

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by josephni12: 10:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
I fully support the US on this although they themselves are not saints.
China that persecutes Xtains & Muslims Vs US that gives citizens freedom to worship.
China that steals tech vs US that pours money for R&grin.
Banning FB, WA, Wiki, etc in their country yet you want to sell your brands to others; if your brands are better they would speak for themselves.
its good that America is now standing up against their unfair trade practice. Even their Asian brothers are complaining.
I hope that the US solidifies their relationship with other Asian heavy weights especially India, India can also give them cheap labour.
I prefer a US dominance than a Chinese dominance, I will even prefer Russia.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by TheKingIsHere: 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
li2pac1717:
Dude i live in USA. I have better exposure than u

And how do you know I don't live in USA?

You can see your ignorance?

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by anambraamaka: 12:19am On Jun 04, 2019
MAGA
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by li2pac1717: 1:55am On Jun 04, 2019
If you live in USA you should know how Dow Jones and other stock equity has fallen so rapidly. Atleast there is 24 hours electricity in USA
TheKingIsHere:

And how do you know I don't live in USA?

You can see your ignorance?
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by Studyinchina200(m): 2:28am On Jun 04, 2019
Team China.

God bless China.

I love China.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by Timekeeper: 2:41am On Jun 04, 2019
li2pac1717:

So for ur village mind, u tink China can fight USA alone.... Stay in ur hut n start typing rubbish
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by OlivetBen(m): 6:31am On Jun 04, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
I see Huawei surviving this...
Mainly by European and Asian backup...
Uk, France and Germany have given them a Go with building their 5G...
Asian countries would also do same, except Japan and maybe South Korea
Says who?
An European country to support Asian country, a communist state over a democratic could try? It seems so if you don't know what is at stake
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by OlivetBen(m): 6:32am On Jun 04, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Says who?
An European country to support Asian country, a communist state over a democratic country? It seems as if you don't know what is at stake.
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:12am On Jun 04, 2019
kernel01:

America is China's biggest market, secondly if you've read the report clearly, you would have seen "that countries are suspicious of their cyber safety". They are seen as state agent.
This may be true in other sectors but in Tech its so not true!!China is China's biggest market in smartphone and other electronics...
Huawei makes 45% of its sales i. China!!
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by TheKingIsHere: 8:19am On Jun 04, 2019
li2pac1717:
If you live in USA you should know how Dow Jones and other stock equity has fallen so rapidly. Atleast there is 24 hours electricity in USA

Like I said, you are ignorant. Just look at what you wrote.
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by kernel01: 8:40am On Jun 04, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

This may be true in other sectors but in Tech its so not true!!China is China's biggest market in smartphone and other electronics...
Huawei makes 45% of its sales i. China!!

Sure! Secondly... China needs more export to retain their position on global scale. The only thing they've got on America is rare earth metals, Japan is an alternative.
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by liohan: 9:58am On Jun 04, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Who are the Asians?
The next biggest market in Asia after China, India, will rather align with the US than with the Chinese.
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by ollah2: 11:48am On Jun 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Why is US pressuring her allies to boycott Huawei if they can fight them alone?
Re: Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business by tck2000(m): 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
Oyerinde16:
Africans are supposed to be cashing in on opportunities to make good income but our youths n leaders are too blind to see anything, if such trade wars was going on in Africa the way they will leverage on it to exploit and milk you dry will be a race while the war last. Some big boys are buying currencies and travelling to as much as four countries to exchange and make mad profit if u know u know if u don't know you are 10 steps behind GBE soul eh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Startup An Oil-servicing Company In Nigeria / Demolition Starts In Mpape Market, Abuja (pics) / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.