Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,263 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus (25605 Views)

Nigeria U-20 Team Miss Flight Back Home In Protest Of Unpaid Bonuses / Liverpool Players Having Fun With Trophy On Their Flight Back From Madrid (pics) / Nigeria U20 Women Get Cash Gift For World Cup Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by israelmao(m): 11:40am On Jun 04, 2019
The worse Flying Eagles ever.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Heineken(m): 11:40am On Jun 04, 2019
ITbomb:
Dem know say dem no do well so if dem step back into Naija, e don be for dem.

So dem wan confirm their allowee before coming back
hahhah aha their case be like person wey fail exam and get f9 parallel wey dey fear take the result go show the father for house.
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Manshoesq: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2019
They deserve their bonuses no matter how they lost..in Europe players get their money even when they lose.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Olugbenga1234: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2019
Beedude:
A contract is a contract. I believe most of those guys paid their ways into the team and not on merit. Depending on the agreement NFF had with them, I believe the agreement should be fulfilled for them accordingly. But those boys no sabi play ball, they should apply for paralypics football for Nigeria cos none has a bright future from what they showed in Poland
Yeah ur right I have a friend who is an academy he said the players pay money so as to be picked for the tournament.
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by fykes(m): 11:42am On Jun 04, 2019
NigPatriot:
This set of U-20 Nigerian team is a total disgrace. The players were simply lazy. I watched the match against USA. I was just shaking my head. They lacked zeal. I began to wonder, just driving around Lagos, I see hungry young guys playing on patched fields, sometimes even under rain or intense sun with great passion for the game.
Now in a tournament watched by scouts from the best of clubs in the world, then they exhibit laxity. What really happened? Is this the best u-20 the coach could assemble? Or the normal Nigerian factor of bribery and corruption set in.
U are spot on. The truth is, players are usually picked from home-based clubs and foreign run or rich owned academies. Money is often paid to take dis guys to such tournaments by sponsors, clubs in d hope that foreign scouts can sign them or invite them for trials abroad. Sales of this players also make dem windfalls.
Again, scouts and agents pay for their players to be in national teams as it increases their market value and marketability.
So are they doing best, far from it... They are just d opportuned.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by femi4: 11:43am On Jun 04, 2019
captianfreeman:
This are children who are under 20. undecided

Nigeria as a nation is far from redemption.
cry
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 04, 2019
I take God beg una, if dem give everybody bonuses, that Tijani must not collect shishi.

Arrow will not meet us ooo undecided
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Jdbrasco2: 11:50am On Jun 04, 2019
I know Nigeria usually produce very talented youth team. What happened this time?
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by makyegh(m): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2019
They should be flogged.
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:58am On Jun 04, 2019
Na dia right... After all Kelvin Prince Boateng will collect bonus for doing jackshit in Barcelona.

I don't want them to come close to super Eagle... All of them are trash.
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by temiflex01(m): 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
Israellionel:
See Wetin My Fellow Nigerians Dey Talk For Up??
Na Today I Sabi Say Govt No Be Our Problem,
We As People Are.
They Earned That Bonus And Looking At History,
We Know What Happened With Our Nigerian Girls In 2016 Or Thereabout,
When After Winning The AWCON,
They Weren't Paid.
I Think The Team Is Also Skeptical About This,
Hence Staying Behind.

So Because They Didn't Do Well In The U-20 Competition,
They Shouldn't Receive Anything.
They Have Families And They Should Be Given What They've Earned.

Don't Bash Them Pls.

I Wonder How Nigerians Can Be Heartless To Their Fellow Countrymen.
Other Nations That Were Sent Out In The Group Stages Nko?
Weren't They Paid

Pay Our Boys Pls.

Finally! I read a comment from someone with brain. Kudos to you! Now I see most Nigerians don't have brain, that's why the country is not growing. Idiots full nairaland. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by IkemChris(m): 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
Who them hep? They should stay there joor. Lazy Nigerian Youths
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Olarewaju89: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
Thunder fire you people.
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by DonBenny77(m): 12:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Skindiveaa7:
Please buy your booth and start playing if na so the ball easy

I went to school so no need for that, you need school so you can spell easy words like boot. Schooling ain't easy.
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Ellixlimswag(m): 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
make them pay them abeg... no be them start to fail obasanjo Jonathan and buhari have failed and still failing us nobody owe them kobo..
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by BluntBoy(m): 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
They should thank their stars that they represented Nigeria. If it were North Korea, they would not even dare open their useless mouths to demand for match bonuses.

Bunch of useless nitwits. Let them remain there in Poland. Good riddance!!!
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by chris31(m): 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
Selection error is the reason we performed badly
Look around Europe & within our league u will understand what i mean
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by KingAzubuike(f): 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
mastercee:
Just imagine... They are more concerned with money than glory.

Rubbish team!
Na NFF dey cause am most times the Nigerian team are on outing dem go con dey use money entice them. Saying things like any player that scores a goal will get 5M etc. It makes them not to play as a team and each player eager to get on the score sheet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Odinaka00(m): 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
Wetin una expect from them nah? Stupid players that bribed their way into under 20 at least they need to cover the money they may have paid to their useless Corrupt Coach
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by 9jaRealist: 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
>
NIGERIANS ARE THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO NIGERIA!

I keep repeating this phrase here on Nairaland, and everyday there is invariably more evidence to validate same. Just witness many of the disgraceful comments and sentiments here. Some have accused the players of bribing their way onto the team, but even assuming (for the sake of argument) that they did who is at greater fault? Is there a bribe giver without a bribe taker? And who bears the greater responsibility? Those assigned with the responsibility of building a capable squad or those who merely took advantage of the market made available by those saddled with the onerous responsibility? Of course, both are at fault to varying degrees but nobody can shave your head in your absence.

Others accuse the players of age fraud, as if they do not bear any collective shame being part of a country and culture that cannot create and maintain basic records, or one in which government officials are ready to falsify passport or such other official records for a price? A country and a culture where (if this particular allegation is valid) entire communities, villages and schools, are willing to participate (by commission or omission) in age-fraud. People “accuse” them of playing for money as if that is a crime (for professional footballers nonetheless). Are they supposed to play for free and for the veneration of the same ingrates that have quickly taken to SM to insult and castigate them?

Sadly, one of the primary problems of Nigeria is the tendency of Nigerians to collectively and obsessively persist in chasing shadows instead (and in derogation) of substance. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TEAM IS MERELY SYMPTOMATIC OF THE NIGERIA’S SHORTCOMINGS! This team and these boys are NOT the problem, but merely symptoms of the real problems bedeviling Nigeria. Accordingly, if this country and the slowpokes who run it have a scintilla of honor left in their DNA, they should quickly pay these players whatever was AGREED-UPON, instead of continuing to disgrace us in the comity of nations - sadly to much applause from the chattering class who should know better.
>
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Drhighchief11: 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
NigPatriot:
This set of U-20 Nigerian team is a total disgrace. The players were simply lazy. I watched the match against USA. I was just shaking my head. They lacked zeal. I began to wonder, just driving around Lagos, I see hungry young guys playing on patched fields, sometimes even under rain or intense sun with great passion for the game.
Now in a tournament watched by scouts from the best of clubs in the world, then they exhibit laxity. What really happened? Is this the best u-20 the coach could assemble? Or the normal Nigerian factor of bribery and corruption set in.
Man know man selection
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Ossaifamous(m): 12:18pm On Jun 04, 2019
Mtew
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by udemzyudex(m): 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
Them don know their scope. grin immediately you return back to Nigeria,just forget about your bonus oo,Nna collect everything over there.
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Odinaka00(m): 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
9jaRealist:
>
NIGERIANS ARE THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO NIGERIA!

I keep repeating this phrase here on Nairaland, and everyday there is invariably more evidence to validate same. Just witness many of the disgraceful comments and sentiments here. Some have accused the players of bribing their way onto the team, but even assuming (for the sake of argument) that they did who is at greater fault? Is there a bribe giver without a bribe taker? And who bears the greater responsibility? Those assigned with the responsibility of building a capable squad or those who merely took advantage of the market made available by those saddled with the onerous responsibility? Of course, both are at fault to varying degrees but nobody can shave your head in your absence.

Others accuse the players of age fraud, as if they do not bear any collective shame in a country that cannot create and maintain basic records or one in which government officials are ready to falsify passport or such other official records for a price? A country and a culture, if we are to assume the veracity of this particular allegation, entire communities, villages and schools, are willing to participate (by commission or omission) in such fraudulent activity. People accuse them of playing for money as if that is a crime (for professional footballers nonetheless). Are they supposed to play for free and for the veneration of the same population that has quickly taken to SM to insult and castigate them?

Sadly, one of the primary problems of Nigeria is the tendency of Nigerians to collectively and obsessively persist in chasing shadows instead (and in derogation) of substance. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TEAM IS MERELY SYMPTOMATIC OF THE NIGERIA’S SHORTCOMINGS! This team and these boys are NOT the problem, but merely symptoms of the real problems bedeviling Nigeria. Accordingly, if this country and the slowpokes who run it have a scintilla of honor left in their DNA, they should quickly pay these players whatever was AGREED-UPON, instead of continuing to disgrace us in the comity of nations - sadly to much applause from the chattering class who should know better.
>

You may have dropped some facts in your comment but not every thread requires a long written grammar nah.. If you take Nigerian matter too serious bro you fit die before your time lol
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by udemzyudex(m): 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
Some Nigerians are just stup1d I swear, this is football,you win some and you lose some.

You lots posting trash here were hailing them when they trash Qatar 4-0.

Nigerians will become your friend when you are winning,Nna just fail ,I mean do mistake fail then you will know the kind of human you're dealing with.

Are they the only ones that didn't perform well? Some didn't even get pass group stages,how long have they been training together for this tournament?

How many friendly matches have they played? I'm sure some of you won't put that into consideration.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by 9jaRealist: 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
Odinaka00:

You may have dropped some facts in your comment but not every thread requires a long written grammar nah.. If you take Nigerian matter too serious bro you fit die before your time lol

grin grin grin

It was a stream-of-consciousness vent...lol!
>
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by 9jaRealist: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
BEST OF LUCK TO THE LADS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE FUTURES...
Being cheated/duped by Nigerian public officials is virtually a Right of Passage.
>
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Ayoleeboy007: 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2019
I can't blame them I heard the players paid 5 million Naira each to the coaches to b allow to play in d competition those that couldn't pay were dropped back. if it were you what would you have done?
I also do not blame them for being stingy with the ball ,they had to shine to recoup their money who knows if some of them sold their parents house to pay. Abeg make una remain there jare if I b them I no go come back if I no see my bonus complete becos once dey land 4 Nigeria na story dey go dey hear.
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by Ubekus: 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
Why not use canoe and comeback instead of wasting our money on plane for those fishermen �.
Re: Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus by EKELEONU(m): 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
Oforboh and Okon should be paid. The rest should gerrrrarahere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frank Lampard Returns As Chelsea Manager / Kenneth Omeruo, Taribo West And Daniel Amokachi Have DinnerTogether / South African Players To Earn R520k (N13m) Each After Defeat By Nigeria At AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.