Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea (23286 Views)

Caroline Danjuma Laments About Traffic In Banana Island After Paying N3bn / Thicky Minaj Causes Traffic In New Jersey As She Hawks Bottled Water / Pre-Wedding Photo Of Ebuka Obi-Uchendu's Lookalike Causes Traffic In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by CotenantNIG: 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
or better still live near work
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by ojun50(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2019
He dey sweet to talk,,,

1 Like

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by lonelydora: 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2019
vizkiz:
The only thing lagosians Nigerians need is force!

I always tell people this.

1 Like

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by stevedeey(m): 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
What about the drivers who don't have bank account let alone BVN? The idea is noble though
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by eyeview: 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
First, the govt will gulp billions to buy a few cctv. First corruption. Then some area boys will steal it after a few days and we are back to square 1

1 Like

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by apache4: 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
grin
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by zomby(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2019
Lagos traffic is not a new thing, it has been in existence for many years, and this will remain so for year to come...simply because of the obvious reason.

Now the best strategy to immediately reduce it is to simply go back to the system that worked effectively and efficiently in the past...The name of this strategy is Odd and Even number traffic system...

For those who are too young to know what the Odd and Even number traffic system stands for...abeg google it or ask old folks smiley

The system worked...and it should be reinforced.
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2019
Vision2045:
The only problem to dis great idea is the corruption of our minds as a nation.

Corrupt officials will jeopardise the ideas
Maintenance culture will jeopardise the cameras
Na my person dey there will jeopardise the registration process
And some little few will jeopardize the earnings.

The problem is the people not the system

The first thing you spotted was problem. Same way some folks believed that iron/aluminum can't fly in the air, but today we have airplanes. It's quite possible bro.

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by vizkiz: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
lonelydora:

I always tell people this.

If you check other states, they have little or no traffic issues
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by SheldonCooper: 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
In a sane world , we don't need all these though measures . Discipline and enlightenment is the way to go. Have you seen the way our people dispose refuses? Ask yourself how the heaps of refuses got to be on a pedestrian bridge. A pedestrian bridge ! Who in his sane mind will leave home just to dispose dirts on the bridge. Lawma is trying. I mean, how easy is it to pack dirts all over lagos at every nooks and crannies of lagos? .About the trafric congestion. It's simple. FINE every buses that doesn't use the bustop to drop off passengers. You see these Danfos and Molues. They will always drop and pick up passengers on the road .thereby stalling other vehicles behind .
This is Nigeria. We just don't care until it affects us personally.

2 Likes

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by lonelydora: 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
vizkiz:

If you check other states, they have little or no traffic issues

Port Harcourt nko?
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by SheldonCooper: 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2019
zomby:
Lagos traffic is not a new thing, it has been in existence for many years, and this will remain so for year to come...simply because of the obvious reason.

Now the best strategy to immediately reduce it is to simply go back to the system that worked effectively and efficiently in the past...The name of this strategy is Odd and Even number traffic system...

For those who are too young to know what the Odd and Even number traffic system stands for...abeg google it or ask old folks smiley

The system worked...and it should be reinforced.

That's archaic . Really it is. Cause of Hold up is the public transport picking and dropping passengers anyhow on the road. Solve that and see
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
Vision2045:
The only problem to dis great idea is the corruption of our minds as a nation.

Corrupt officials will jeopardise the ideas
Maintenance culture will jeopardise the cameras
Na my person dey there will jeopardise the registration process
And some little few will jeopardize the earnings.

The problem is the people not the system

Many people will not agree with you that it is the people not the system because they are part of the the problems.
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Ugosample(m): 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2019
Aidejay:
The best way to end traffic jam is for Nigeria to deamalgamate and separate into 3 independent regions
And 3 independent countries
this is a silly comment
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
Harrymig1:
Brilliant idea

nothing brillant about the idea, just a copy and paste idea from the UK
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Aidejay(m): 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
apache4:
I'm a proud Gay
Go to the nearest police station and announce it
Not here on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Yankiss(m): 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2019
A brilliant idea. But to turn it more fair, the offender will be summoned to the nearest court. In New Delhi, India, there is no Police on the highway. Once you breach traffic laws, u will return to court summons in your Pidgeon hole. The CCTV record is used as evidence at court and the offender is prosecuted accordingly. To avoid misuse and tyranny, direct debit from one's account isn't proper. A court has to give the order.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by AlphaT1(m): 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2019
lonelydora:
We all need to go back to the days of 'even' and 'odd' number plates driving on a particular day.

But wait ooo, this his suggestion might work. Since you can't just open another account with banks
It's like Pay Day loan from access bank na....once you have an account (for salary) with any bank, you are qualified to dial the codes and get the Pay Day alert from Access Bank instantly.
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by mkoabiola: 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
Easier said than done

Keep dreaming

Corruption will kill d system

1 Like

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by apache4: 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
pls take a chill pill grin

Aidejay:

Go to the nearest police station and announce it
Not here on nairaland
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by TheTruthRaw: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2019
I awear dis man wan run for Political office. Make we dey look.

1 Like

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Saintp(m): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
The traffic light will work for one week in the whole year

1 Like

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by 9jaRealist: 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
lonelydora:
We all need to go back to the days of 'even' and 'odd' number plates driving on a particular day.

You mean when car owners used to “buy” 2 license plates for the same car... grin

1 Like

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by solutn2chemical: 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
Good Idea : So Lagos and other Cities can say good bye to traffic

In addition to step 1 - 5 below is the use of Even and Odd Plate Number that will reduce the number of vehicle on the road by half.
1 Install Camera to track traffic offenders
2 Syncronise Bvn to track offenders
3 Court to prosecute judgement
4 Government makes the money in billion to maintain the process
5 The public keeping saying it through all means and media until goverment implement the idea.
6 Let the good idea keep coming, team work works always.

Rootworks
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by benkk015: 1:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Good ideas with deficiency, what if I don't gave money in my account,where will d debit comes from
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Adesolomon2014(m): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
dapyd1:
That would work until, like every other thing our goverment initiates,it is misused.

It will be seen as a revenue collection drive and the number of people who will lining up for review of CCTV for wrong infractions will be mind boggling.

That is if the CCTV lasts beyond 2 months. Either for lack of maintenance or by stealing.

Nevertheless, good idea, coz something has to be done to tame the madness we exhibit on the street, as it seems the educated people in cars are more mentally unstable than the illiterates on the streets that they always criticize.

1 Like

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
stevedeey:
What about the drivers who don't have bank account let alone BVN?
The idea is noble though
Many them have bvn
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Gerrard59(m): 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
He mentions CCTV as if there's constant electricity to power the system? undecided

Lagos needs an efficient, affordable, clean and safe train aka metro network. Afterwards, implement what the Singaporeans did with the ERP aka congestion tax. At certain hours, vehicles plying a particular road will pay huge amounts. For instance, 3MB from 6-9am attracts 1,000 entry fee.

It's common sense for goodness sake!

1 Like

Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by fkj950ax(m): 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
Harrymig1:
Brilliant idea

I will so sue my bank, the entire board will come on their knees begging me.
A traffic offense and deduction is made from my bank. Even CBN has no legal right to disclose my BVN without a court order.
Re: Solution To Traffic In Lagos - Alibaba Shares 'perfect' Idea by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
Yankiss:
A brilliant idea. But to turn it more fair, the offender will be summoned to the nearest court. In New Delhi, India, there is no Police on the highway. Once you breach traffic laws, u will return to court summons in your Pidgeon hole. The CCTV record is used as evidence at court and the offender is prosecuted accordingly. To avoid misuse and tyranny, direct debit from one's account isn't proper. A court has to give the order.
Direct debit act as a deterrent measure to curb the aforementioned menace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers / Comedian AY's Eid-il-fitri Outfit / ‘My Father Raised Me To Be A Modern Day Man’ – DJ Cuppy Reveals (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.