Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Holland Earns More From Agriculture Than Nigeria Earns From Crude Oil - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Holland Earns More From Agriculture Than Nigeria Earns From Crude Oil (479 Views)

How A Nigerian Teacher Earns A Living With An Organic Tomato Farm / Apart From Agriculture What Business Can You Start With N10M? / Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holland Earns More From Agriculture Than Nigeria Earns From Crude Oil by Impactever(m): 10:36am On Jun 04, 2019
Let us all chew these economic realities:

By DR OBINNA ALIGWEKWE ....( A UK BASED NIGERIAN MEDICAL DOCTOR)

1. Holland, a small nation at 42,000 square kilometers, is smaller than Yobe state, the sixth largest state in Nigeria.
At 17 million people, her population is dwarfed by that of Nigeria.
------
Yet Holland earned more from AGRICULTURE, than Nigeria earned from selling crude oil.
------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Singapore, a tiny nation of 722 square kilometers, is about the size of Alimosho and Ikorodu local governments.
At a national population of 5.5 million people, all its inhabitants cannot even form a bloc vote to elect a Nigerian president.
---------

Yet, Singapore generated more electricity than the whole Nigerian nation, an average of 10,000Megawatts.
Singapore's major port generated much more revenue than our federal government is budgeting for all expenses, including the padded version.
------------------------------------------------------------------

3. South Korea has no oil.
At a crude oil production rate of zero barrels per day, she is dwarfed by Nigeria's output of 2.2 million barrels per day.
-------
Yet, South Korea refines almost 2.5 million barrels per day, while Nigeria imports petrol.
----------------------------------------------------------------
There is more where that came from.

Iraq and electricity?

South Africa and infrastructure?

Ethiopia and transport?

Ghana and aviation?

Benin Republic and maritime?

He went further to say that :

"There is a reason why when it is time to comment about Nigeria and socio-political issues, I hang my jocular mien and come out guns blazing"

"Nigeria may spend several generations playing catch-up, and that is even assuming we start getting it right at this moment, which I am afraid we haven't."

By DR OBINNA ALIGWEKWE ....( A UK BASED NIGERIAN MEDICAL DOCTOR)

His Facebook URL : https://m.facebook.com/obinna.aligwekwe

Reference :
https://www.government.nl/latest/news/2018/01/19/agricultural-exports-worth-nearly- €92-billion-in-2017
Re: Holland Earns More From Agriculture Than Nigeria Earns From Crude Oil by SocialJustice: 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
Holland is a city in Netherlands not a country and it is the Netherlands you're referring to not Holland.

1 Like

Re: Holland Earns More From Agriculture Than Nigeria Earns From Crude Oil by Impactever(m): 11:17am On Jun 05, 2019
SocialJustice:
Holland is a city in Netherlands not a country and it is the Netherlands you're referring to not Holland.

Maybe you need to do a better findings.

Now let me brief you ......Holland was formerly a name given to the 2 most popular provinces in Netherlands.

Holland was where the Dutch East India Company was founded and it was where all the major ports and centers of commerce were. So when the Netherlands were established in 1584, foreigners were still dealing with Holland most of the time.

That's why Holland became synonymous for the whole country, much to the chagrin of other provinces.

Thus in this Modern days / Present days,

The Entire Netherlands is referred to as Holland .

you can find out.

Now back to my post .....The Holland in my Headline refers to the entire Netherlands as a country.

HOLLAND = NETHERLANDS

The same country ....( but has two names)

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Holland Earns More From Agriculture Than Nigeria Earns From Crude Oil by SocialJustice: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2019
Impactever:

Maybe you need to do a better findings.

Now let me brief you ......Holland was formerly a name given to the 2 most popular provinces in Netherlands.

Holland was where the Dutch East India Company was founded and it was where all the major ports and centers of commerce were. So when the Netherlands were established in 1584, foreigners were still dealing with Holland most of the time.

That's why Holland became synonymous for the whole country, much to the chagrin of other provinces.

Thus in this Modern days / Present days,

The Entire Netherlands is referred to as Holland .

you can find out.

Now back to my post .....The Holland in my Headline refers to the entire Netherlands as a country.

HOLLAND = NETHERLANDS

The same country ....( but has two names)

Thank you.

This is how you fail exams repeatedly and blame village people who do not know you. Believe what you want. It is not even the capital of the Netherlands and at best is only used informally.

You have come here to share information on a country you don't even know. No serious person will pay attention to you.

Believe what you want, at least I've done my part to educate you.

Re: Holland Earns More From Agriculture Than Nigeria Earns From Crude Oil by Impactever(m): 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
SocialJustice:
This is how you fail exams repeatedly and blame village people who do not know you. Believe what you want. It is not even the capital of the Netherlands and at best is only used informally.

You have come here to share information on a country you don't even know. No serious person will pay attention to you.

Believe what you want, at least I've done my part to educate you.

Hahaha...you just shot yourself at the foot....

No point embarking on unnecessary argument with you , I have taken notice of your Low level of comprehension......

The screenshot you just posted even made it clear to you that Netherlands as a country is informally referred to as Holland .....

Same country ( Two names)

which is a confirmation of my earlier post ....but your " I too know" mentality will not allow you to comprehend it.

maybe you need a special help to improve your comprehensive ability....

Moreover, whether you comprehend it or not....

Learn that from me today, Netherlands as a country is otherwise known as Holland .....Quote me anywhere in the world...

And most importantly, Stop deviating from the purpose of the post......And learn to give your opinion on any issue without insulting anyone .....

Thank you ...

(1) (Reply)

Help: Why Can't I Upload Picture On Nairaland? / Pure Palm Oil At Very Affordable Price / 200 Old Layers Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.