Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' (19762 Views)

Police Officers Attack BBC Journalist Covering IPOB Sit-at-home / Kaduna Train Attack: BBC Describes Terrorists As 'Gang' / Saudi King-Merkel Handshake: Northern Social Media Users Attack BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
BBC Igbo channel on Facebook has come under attack from it mainly Igbo followers for wishing them Happy Eid festival.

The Igbo, who are majority Christians has shown disapproval for the BBC for not acknowledging the religious sentiment of it followers.

See photo bellow

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
The BBC doesn't respect the religious base of it followers. How can you wish Christians Happy Eid?

BBC is disgusting!

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by oilPUSSY(f): 2:18pm On Jun 04, 2019
BlacSmit:
The BBC doesn't respect the religious base of it followers. How can you wish Christians Happy Eid?

BBC is disgusting!

BBC and their crew are something else.
Imagine going to Saudi or Islamic channel or page to say Happy Christmas knowing fully well that your followers are Muslims.. What would be their reactions ?
Some few Igbos that have Muslim friends can facilitate with them on individual basis, but posting on that page will attract backlash while some will leave the page out of anger..

BBC should respect and acknowledge the fact that Igbos are predominantly christians and stop this unnecessary provocation.

Modified.. Seems like BBC has apologized.

https://www.nairaland.com/5226161/bbc-igbo-apologizes-insensitivity-it#79024499

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by KingOfallOsu: 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by simonlee(m): 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
So you guys cannot felicitate with us...but all of una wan chop salah ram?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Many people have unfollowed the page.
Those guys are something else.
Imagine going to Saudi or Islamic channel to say Happy Christmas

Height of insensitivity

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
But i have couple of igbo friends that are muslims, you igbo christians need to take a chill pill.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by achi4u(m): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2019
With all the problems they've caused to NdiIgbo ,they still have the gut to wish them terrorist celebration

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Preshy561(f): 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
Lemme run and unfollow those idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Preshy561(f): 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2019
fuckerstard:
But i have couple of igbo friends that are muslims, you igbo christians need to take a chill pill.

You wish. grin

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Balyz: 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
BlacSmit:

BBC is disgusting!
There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Igbo Muslims just as there are confirmed millions of Hausa/Fulani Christians. No Muslim Hausa will take offense if the BBC were to wish the Christians amongst them a merry Christmas.The BBC was merely wishing the Igbo Muslims a happy Ed fitir but the bigots amongst you never failed to disappoint

73 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2019
The first and second comments on that page are hilarious. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Bede2u(m): 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2019
Balyz:
There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Igbo Muslims just as there are confirmed millions of Hausa/Fulani Christians. No Muslim Hausa will take offense if the BBC were to wish the Christians amongst them a merry Christmas.The BBC was merely wishing the Igbo Muslims a happy Ed fitir but the bigots amongst you never failed to disappoint
name 10 of the bolded...just 10

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
Balyz:

Since I was born and now I am getting old, I have never seen an Igbo Muslim and yet you claim there are millions and billions of them, why are you lying?

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by deomelo: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
Balyz:

Sadly, bigotry don eat deep deep into their collective and societal fabric.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
Preshy561:

You wish. grin

If you know army market in oshodi, i know an igbo guy there who is a muslim. I didn't know sef until one day i saw his WhatsApp status and i was like really?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by deomelo: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
Bede2u:

There are Christians in Kaduna, please name 10.

You see how silly and ignorant you sound?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Preshy561(f): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
fuckerstard:

If you know army market in oshodi, i know an igbo guy there who is a muslim. I didn't know sef until one day i saw his WhatsApp status and i was like really?
Really? From couple of Igbos to now an Igbo guy?

Tell us another lie. grin

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
fuckerstard:

Any body can write a false tale to prove a baseless point and that is exactly what you are doing.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Bede2u(m): 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
deomelo:

There are Christians in Kaduna, please name 10.

You see how silly and ignorant you sound?
i can name

Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa
Shehu sani
Binta Masi Garba
Archbishop Peter Yariyok Jatau
Bishop Joseph Danlami Bagobiri
Rev. Fr. Clement Ozi Bello,
Rev. Aniya Bobai of the Evangelical Church of West Africa (ECWA);
Rev. Bako Kabuk,
Pastor Paul Chikira,
David Maigari
Adamu Seko,
Rev. Fr. Peter Dama,
Apostle suleiman

Now tell me 10 igbo muslims....not 10 enugu muslims
Mumu boy

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
Preshy561:

Really? From couple of Igbos to now an Igbo guy?

Tell us another lie. grin

Well then, no issues. All igbos are christians!!!

Ardar:

Any body can write a false tale to prove a baseless point and that is exactly what you are doing.

I agree with you all, no reason for long thing..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
RichBoy247:

Igbos hate everyone.

Yoruber Muslims are very vile and hateful human beings, they hate everything and everyone including their own people.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
fuckerstard:

I agree with you all, no reason for long thing..

Just stop with the lies to give your self hope about something that is not true, it's pathetic.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by seanfer(m): 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
Bede2u:
i can name

Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa
Shehu sani
Binta Masi Garba
Rev. Bako Kabuk,
Pastor Paul Chikira,
David Maigari
Adamu Seko,
Rev. Fr. Peter Dama,
Apostle suleiman

Mumu boy

Enugu Muslims are no longer Igbo by tribe because of their religion?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Bede2u(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
seanfer:

Enugu Muslims are no longer Igbo by tribe because of their religion?
ok even better...name 10 enugu muslims. Sorry...name just 5

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by naptu2: 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2019
Bede2u:

1. Sheikh Abdullahi Adam Idoko:

He is the Chief imam of the University of Nigeria (UNN) Nsukka. Hails from Ogute Enugu-Ezike in Nsukka, Enugu State.
He is also the Deputy secretary-general of the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA).

2. Ustaz Christian Isah Okonkwo:
He is from Akpugo in Nkanu LGA, Enugu State, embraced Islam as a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). He was the president of Moslem Corpers Association in Kaduna State and the Moslem Corpers Association of Nigeria.
He was made the chief Imam of University of Ibadan in the 1980s.
He is currently the Director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA)

3. Alhaji Abdulaziz Chibuzo Ude:
Hails from Anambra state.
He is described as a businessman, Industrialist, Billionaire and a Philanthropist.
He was an acting Chairman of the Board of Directors of NEWSWATCH in the 1980s.
He is the founder of Nok Publishers and first African editor at Double Day.

4. Alhaji Daud Onyeagocha:

He is from Imo state, a human right lawyer.
He is the Chief Imam of Imo State and the Waziri Hausawa. His grandfather was said to be the first recorded Owerri man to embrace Islam in 1908.

5. Sheikh Daud Nwagui:
He is from Afikpo in Ebonyi State.
He is a Muslim from birth and the son of late Sheikh Ibrahim Okpani Nwagui, the founder of the Islamic Center, Afikpo who brought Islam to Afipko in 1958.

6. HRH Dr. Abdulfatai Emetumah:
He is the Igwe(Traditional ruler) of Umuofor Kingdom, Oguta LGA , Of Imo state. He is described as an Islamic scholar.

His father, Eze Alhaji Abdul Gaffaru (Ezeodo, Eze Ohazurukwe I of Akabor) is said to have converted to Islam during the war and thereafter brought it to his home town.

7. Sheikh Shehu Uthman Anaga:
Hails from Ebonyi state. Became a Muslim at the age of 13 in 1972. He has worked with JNI as a Preacher. He holds a BA in Islamic Studies from the King Sa'ud University in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
He was the vice principal and later principal of of Jama'atu Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies. He was the provost of the Jama'atu College of Education, Kaduna. He has completed his Masters and is pursuing his PHD.

8. Alhaji Yahaya Ndu:
He is from Ezeagu LGA in Enugu State. An Imam at Al-Hauda Muslim School. He was the presidential Candidate of the African Renaissance Party (ARP).

9. Ustaz Aminu Igwebe Odera:
He is from Orlu in Imo state. Converted to Islam at the age of 12 in the 1970s. Studied Islamic studies and later Food science technology in Tripoli University Libya.

He was the chief Imam of Owerri. He was appointed the director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) in 2000. His maternal uncle, Late Muhammad Ukaba was the chief imam of Orlu Local Government.

10. Chief Abdulkadir A Obiahu:
He is from Afikpo in Ebonyi state. He is an Engineer by Training, in 2007 he was conferred the Chieftaincy title of 'Onye Nchekwa Okwukwe Ala kuba Na Ala Igbo' (The Defender of the Islamic Faith in Igbo land) by His Royal Highness, Eze Nwosu Ibe, the Ezeigbo I of Abuja. He converted to Islam in 1982.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9552117_2019060416_28_14_jpeg6d6a423459cdc3fce41235dbd44739a9

I've got more, if you are interested.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by Balyz: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ardar:

Since I was born and now I am getting old, I have never seen an Igbo Muslim and yet you claim there are millions and billions of them, why are you lying?
you've obviously never Left your village

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by kernel01: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
simonlee:
So you guys cannot felicitate with us...but all of una wan chop salah ram?

You lack wisdom. How does felicitate, with others mean greeting me in a religion I don't know.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Attack BBC Igbo For Wishing Them 'happy Eid' by deomelo: 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
Bede2u:
i can name

Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa
Shehu sani
Binta Masi Garba
Rev. Bako Kabuk,
Pastor Paul Chikira,
David Maigari
Adamu Seko,
Rev. Fr. Peter Dama,
Apostle suleiman

Mumu boy

1. Sheikh Abdullahi Adam Idoko:
He is the Chief imam of the University of Nigeria (UNN) Nsukka. Hails from Ogute Enugu-Ezike in Nsukka, Enugu State.
He is also the Deputy secretary-general of the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA).

2. Ustaz Christian Isah Okonkwo:
He is from Akpugo in Nkanu LGA, Enugu State, embraced Islam as a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). He was the president of Moslem Corpers Association in Kaduna State and the Moslem Corpers Association of Nigeria.
He was made the chief Imam of University of Ibadan in the 1980s.
He is currently the Director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA)

3. Alhaji Abdulaziz Chibuzo Ude:
Hails from Anambra state.
He is described as a businessman, Industrialist, Billionaire and a Philanthropist.
He was an acting Chairman of the Board of Directors of NEWSWATCH in the 1980s.
He is the founder of Nok Publishers and first African editor at Double Day.

4. Alhaji Daud Onyeagocha:
He is from Imo state, a human right lawyer.
He is the Chief Imam of Imo State and the Waziri Hausawa. His grandfather was said to be the first recorded Owerri man to embrace Islam in 1908.

5. Sheikh Daud Nwagui:
He is from Afikpo in Ebonyi State.
He is a Muslim from birth and the son of late Sheikh Ibrahim Okpani Nwagui, the founder of the Islamic Center, Afikpo who brought Islam to Afipko in 1958.

6. HRH Dr. Abdulfatai Emetumah:
He is the Igwe(Traditional ruler) of Umuofor Kingdom, Oguta LGA , Of Imo state. He is described as an Islamic scholar.
His father, Eze Alhaji Abdul Gaffaru (Ezeodo, Eze Ohazurukwe I of Akabor) is said to have converted to Islam during the war and thereafter brought it to his home town.

7. Sheikh Shehu Uthman Anaga:
Hails from Ebonyi state. Became a Muslim at the age of 13 in 1972. He has worked with JNI as a Preacher. He holds a BA in Islamic Studies from the King Sa'ud University in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
He was the vice principal and later principal of of Jama'atu Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies. He was the provost of the Jama'atu College of Education, Kaduna. He has completed his Masters and is pursuing his PHD.

8. Alhaji Yahaya Ndu:
He is from Ezeagu LGA in Enugu State. An Imam at Al-Hauda Muslim School. He was the presidential Candidate of the African Renaissance Party (ARP).

9. Ustaz Aminu Igwebe Odera:
He is from Orlu in Imo state. Converted to Islam at the age of 12 in the 1970s. Studied Islamic studies and later Food science technology in Tripoli University Libya.
He was the chief Imam of Owerri. He was appointed the director of Administration of Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) in 2000. His maternal uncle, Late Muhammad Ukaba was the chief imam of Orlu Local Government.

10. Chief Abdulkadir A Obiahu:
He is from Afikpo in Ebonyi state. He is an Engineer by Training, in 2007 he was conferred the Chieftaincy title of 'Onye Nchekwa Okwukwe Ala kuba Na Ala Igbo' (The Defender of the Islamic Faith in Igbo land) by His Royal Highness, Eze Nwosu Ibe, the Ezeigbo I of Abuja. He converted to Islam in 1982.

We all know how to cut and paste

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda / 2023: PDP Has Committed Suicide – Ohanaeze / N45m Form: INEC Should Penalize Buhari For Violating Electoral Act - PDP Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.