Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

The Problems With God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problems With God. (3657 Views)

The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / The Solution To The Problems Of This World Is Adoption Of A True Religion / What Are The Problems Of An Atheistic Position? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
dalaman:

OK Roger. . I'm good, thanks for asking, it's been a while, hope you are good?

I am fine.

You see, religion section is not like it was in 5 - 8yrs ago. Folks like you don't patronize here frequently.
Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
TheArranger:

Don't bother. YOU ARE RIGHT!

Lol... Out of his hole.

You see, you guys are fierce esp when put in the same hole with Abrahamic faithfuls. That is the only moment you pull the gun.

Makes we wonder if atheism is disbelieve in existence of Abrahamic concept of God only.

Or should we assume that is what atheism actually is?
Re: The Problems With God. by TheArranger(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Lol... Out of his hole.

You see, you guys are fierce esp when put in the same hole with Abrahamic faithfuls. That is the only moment you pull the gun.

Makes we wonder if atheism is disbelieve in existence of Abrahamic concept of God only.

Or should we assume that is what atheism actually is?
On the contrary, sir. I've not even begun conversing with you. However your toxic method and baseless intellectual bullyism just puts me off. Judging from your first few posts, you already strike me as an arrogant fellow who just wants to hear himself talk. I can already tell that any further discourse with you would be akin to pouring sand on an open wound. Just wanted to get that off my chest cause this will be my last response.

Side note: Common sense alone should tell you that "A-Theism"(did you see that?) has nothing to do with any worldview that isn't theistic. Thus, the last parts of your post in red shouldn't even be pondered on at all. But what do i know sir? Hmm?

2 Likes

Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
TheArranger:

Side note: Common sense alone should tell you that "A-Theism"(did you see that?) has nothing to do with any worldview that isn't theistic. Thus, the last parts of your post in red shouldn't even be pondered on at all. But what do i know sir? Hmm?

Theism can be categorized into monotheism, pantheism and deism. Isn't it?

But your focus is on Abrahamic concept of God which is monotheism. The OP has been Christian this, muslim that. Is that the only religion out there? Ain't there naturalistic Pantheism which view nature as God?

When you meet a natural pantheist and tell him/her God doesnt exist, he will look at you as stupid.
Re: The Problems With God. by tintingz(m): 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

This question can only drive us into another subject. But I will answer.

Yes.. But it depends on how you define consciousness.

If the ancient people could worship Sol (our star called Sun), does that mean Sun is conscious?

Yes it is... Maybe when you define consciousness as awareness and reaction (not sentience)
Can you explain how ancient people arrive at that belief? By believing energy is anthropomorphic?

And who said God must live outside universe before it can be God?
Most theists believe God must transcend outside the universe to be independent or God will just be a natural phenomena bound to our universe just like every other natural phenomena if he's inside the universe.

Worship mean acknowledging worth of something. If people finds it worthy, they should go ahead and worship it.
What makes you think it's worthy of worship, does energy care? Give me reasons energy is worthy of worship.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by tintingz(m): 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

My argument is centred on the fact that person God/s are personification of impersonal forces. Which mean, people give a personality, human attributes to natural forces and entities. This effort, doesn't in anyway changes the original nature of the forces but rather help people understand it better.

Energy is not essentially Jehovah. That is not my argument. My argument is that, in many religion across the world, it is recognised as God. Shakti is an example. And also, the nature of God of some spirituality is the same with energy and consciousness. Since it is found that what people (some religion) call God is a natural entity, force of nature or nature itself.
Is this a fairytale or fact?

I mean how do people made up the characteristics of energy into a personal God, did energy ever interact with them?

Some people believe God will throw people inside hell, did energy also told them that?

I'm still trying to understand the connection with the nature of energy and a personal God.

2 Likes

Re: The Problems With God. by Brock1: 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
Cheers01:

Calm down. I feel your stance.

I hope them religious people learn that their God is nothing but fairytales to non believers.

God is not fairy tale. who hung d sun in d sky, d moon and d water in d sky? No human can do dat. See how we came into existence from wat we don't comprehend.
Re: The Problems With God. by dalaman: 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

I am fine.

You see, religion section is not like it was in 5 - 8yrs ago. Folks like you don't patronize here frequently.

Yeah, no new arguments and exciting debates that's why. .
Re: The Problems With God. by hahn(m): 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2019
dalaman:

Yeah, no new arguments and exciting debates that's why. .

What new debate can you expect from a 2000 year myth?

2 Likes

Re: The Problems With God. by Zoroaster: 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
Brock1:

God is not fairy tale. who hung d sun in d sky, d moon and d water in d sky? No human can do dat. See how we came into existence from wat we don't comprehend.
i'm the one that hung the sun in the sky smiley

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by LordReed(m): 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
The problems are just so overwhelmingly many I always feel swamped when I begin to consider them. I am not surprised faith is required to hold that a god exists because if you stop to consider the problem you will dump the god concept in the dustbin.
Re: The Problems With God. by JeromeBlack: 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2019
Brock1:

Go and read about the formation of galaxies before you claim nonsense that God hung the sun and the moon
Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
tintingz:
Can you explain how ancient people arrive at that belief? By believing energy is anthropomorphic?

Ancient people (spirituality) clearly understood nature and how it works. They actually explain their observations through anthropomorphism.

This implies that what they refer to as God/deity is personification of nature or natural entities or forces or energy.

I listed an example of personified energy in Hinduism. It is called Shakti.

On this forum, I argued that Sango is electrical energy. Make my deduction from praises and Ifa verses on Sango.

tintingz:
Most theists believe God must transcend outside the universe to be independent or God will just be a natural phenomena bound to our universe just like every other natural phenomena if he's inside the universe.

The way you guys brandish the phrase "most theists" is funny.

Yes, in some theistic conception of God, a supreme God exist that transcend the universe. Also, in some other concepts, God is seen as equal with Nature.

You my dear are an African. If I am not mistaken, you are a Nigerian. You must have witnessed a situation where people worship trees, stones, rivers or animal in your locality. These entities been worshipped are natural, and also recognized deities. You wouldn't tell me a river transcend nature. Would you?

tintingz:
What makes you think it's worthy of worship, does energy care? Give me reasons energy is worthy of worship.

Acknowledging worth of something or someone does not mean that thing must care about you. People revere anything that they hold in high esteem. It could be the Sun, Ocean or valleys or money or offices.

My source of existence, the profound source of existence is the Cosmic Singularity known as Eledumare in Yoruba spirituality. And science has shown us that matter is energy. If that is true, energy worth something. If not for anything but for my existence.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
tintingz:
Is this a fairytale or fact?

I mean how do people made up the characteristics of energy into a personal God, did energy ever interact with them?
Sorry pal, your question is not making any sense.

People actually observed nature or energy, and personified this observations for better way of expression.

Let me give you an example.

Yoruba people hold that Ogun, a professional blacksmith and fearsome warrior, moulded human bone according to the cosmological story.

Science however, holds that Calcium aids the growth of bones.

I will simply tell you that Ogun, god of iron is Calcium or personification of calcium.

On a literal sense, Ogun is a professional blacksmith, a deity that makes skeleton in heaven.

Beyond the literal sense, Ogun is anything metallic.

Calcium is a metallic chemical element.

Therefore Calcium is Ogun.

The method of expression is the only difference. Both Ogun in that story and calcium in scientific view are the same.

In the right sense, Ogun is the personification of Calcium.

tintingz:
Some people believe God will throw people inside hell, did energy also told them that?

Why do your viewpoint revolve around Christianity and Islam? How many religion outside Abrahamic faith believe in hell and heaven mumbo jumbo?

There are more to life than Xtianity and Islam, grow up dolt.

tintingz:
I'm still trying to understand the connection with the nature of energy and a personal God.

I have presented the connection in my previous post on this thread. You might have missed it though.

God has no beginning or end. So does energy. It has been there before the cosmic explosion and is still here as the universe expands continually.

God is omnipresent. So does energy. It is every where in the universe.

God is omnipotent. So does energy. With the ability to annex energy, everything is doable.

God is invisible. So does energy.

God manifest in his creature. So does energy. Matter is made up of energy.

God was not created and not die. So does energy, it cannot be created or destroyed.

God creates everything. So does energy. Everything that exist is made up of energy.

You still want more?

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by tintingz(m): 12:25am On Jun 06, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Sorry pal, your question is not making any sense.

People actually observed nature or energy, and personified this observations for better way of expression.

Let me give you an example.

Yoruba people hold that Ogun, a professional blacksmith and fearsome warrior, moulded human bone according to the cosmological story.

Science however, holds that Calcium aids the growth of bones.

I will simply tell you that Ogun, god of iron is Calcium or personification of calcium.

On a literal sense, Ogun is a professional blacksmith, a deity that makes skeleton in heaven.

Beyond the literal sense, Ogun is anything metallic.

Calcium is a metallic chemical element.

Therefore Calcium is Ogun.

The method of expression is the only difference. Both Ogun in that story and calcium in scientific view are the same.

In the right sense, Ogun is the personification of Calcium.
You haven't answer my question, how did ancient people arrive at that particular characteristics/mythology of calcium the one you call Ogun? Did Calcium communicate to them?

Why do your viewpoint revolve around Christianity and Islam? How many religion outside Abrahamic faith believe in hell and heaven mumbo jumbo?
Ok, did energy send prophets to people?

There are more to life than Xtianity and Islam, grow up dolt.
They believe in a personal God so yeah they are not exempted from your claims.

I have presented the connection in my previous post on this thread. You might have missed it though.

God has no beginning or end. So does energy. It has been there before the cosmic explosion and is still here as the universe expands continually.

God is omnipresent. So does energy. It is every where in the universe.

God is omnipotent. So does energy. With the ability to annex energy, everything is doable.

God is invisible. So does energy.

God manifest in his creature. So does energy. Matter is made up of energy.

God was not created and not die. So does energy, it cannot be created or destroyed.

God creates everything. So does energy. Everything that exist is made up of energy.

You still want more?
Lol, energy is confined in this universe, it's no different from every other phenomena in the universe, are you saying God is limited here? If you agree to this then we're cool. Because most theists will not agree to this.

And please there was no explosion, the big bang is not an explosion but expansion, I've corrected you before.
Re: The Problems With God. by tintingz(m): 12:59am On Jun 06, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Ancient people (spirituality) clearly understood nature and how it works. They actually explain their observations through anthropomorphism.

This implies that what they refer to as God/deity is personification of nature or natural entities or forces or energy.

I listed an example of personified energy in Hinduism. It is called Shakti.

On this forum, I argued that Sango is electrical energy. Make my deduction from praises and Ifa verses on Sango.

The way you guys brandish the phrase "most theists" is funny.

Yes, in some theistic conception of God, a supreme God exist that transcend the universe. Also, in some other concepts, God is seen as equal with Nature.

You my dear are an African. If I am not mistaken, you are a Nigerian. You must have witnessed a situation where people worship trees, stones, rivers or animal in your locality. These entities been worshipped are natural, and also recognized deities. You wouldn't tell me a river transcend nature. Would you?

Acknowledging worth of something or someone does not mean that thing must care about you. People revere anything that they hold in high esteem. It could be the Sun, Ocean or valleys or money or offices.

My source of existence, the profound source of existence is the Cosmic Singularity known as Eledumare in Yoruba spirituality. And science has shown us that matter is energy. If that is true, energy worth something. If not for anything but for my existence.

Are you saying the personification of these deities are fairytales? Why must they personify? We can understand nature without some fairytales of some deities.

Did ancient people just woke one day and started formulating mythology for these gods, why are they different mythology for these gods? Like Thor myths is different to Sango myths.

The ancient people were ignorant of these phenomena they started developing myths and fairytales for these phenomena to fill up the gaps, that's just it. We don't need mythologies to explain nature today, they are irrelevant.

I still don't get why energy require to be worship, like is it happy you're worshipping it? Does it even care? Why bother? It does not even talk to you or does it?

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:38am On Jun 06, 2019
tintingz:

Are you saying the personification of these deities are fairytales? Why must they personify? We can understand nature without some fairytales of some deities.

You ain't smart. You called these stories tales which are not. Fairy tale in Yoruba is known as Alo. These are meant for the kids.

The personification of natural entities is a way of expressing observation of nature.

The Ifa verse which contain these stories entail historical facts. There are no facts in tales.

How would you explain energy in Yoruba? What is energy in Yoruba? Let us start with that

tintingz:

Did ancient people just woke one day and started formulating mythology for these gods, why are they different mythology for these gods? Like Thor myths is different to Sango myths.

You are screaming mythology like your life depends on it. Sango existed in history as the third king in Oyo kingdom. His reign is well documented.

Sango also is personification of electrical energy. This stem from critical observation of nature.

tintingz:

The ancient people were ignorant of these phenomena they started developing myths and fairytales for these phenomena to fill up the gaps, that's just it. We don't need mythologies to explain nature today, they are irrelevant.

How did you know they were ignorant? And who said we needed mythology? What has mythology got to do with personification? You keep making up nauseating garbage just to argue for nothing sake.

Were the Godon of Mali who observed Sirius B and incorporated it into their spirituality ignorant of the stars?

Were the Africans that formulated astronomy through observation of universe ignorant of nature?

Spirituality gave birth to modern science. You should trace the root of your modern knowledge and philosophy to ancient spirituality where it sprang from.

tintingz:

I still don't get why energy require to be worship, like is it happy you're worshipping it? Does it even care? Why bother? It does not even talk to you or does it?

You are asking dumb questions. Worship mean acknowledging worth of something or someone. People acknowledge the worth of their country, does that mean their nation is happy they are worshipping it?

People acknowledge worth of money, does that money talk to them?

People acknowledge worth of their existence, does that mean existence care about them?

You are acting dumb and too shallow towards reasoning. Please work hard on your reasoning.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:58am On Jun 06, 2019
tintingz:
You haven't answer my question, how did ancient people arrive at that particular characteristics/mythology of calcium the one you call Ogun? Did Calcium communicate to them?

That is because you are asking irrational and very dumb questions. I keep repeating they arrived at their conclusion after critical observations.

For an umpteen time, they arrived at their conclusion after observing critically nature.

Ogun been a deity represent everything metallic. Calcium is metal. Therefore Ogun is Calcium.

It would have been a grave mistake if they had said Yemoja, a deity that represent water created bone. This is because water and bone have nothing in common.

This shows that they are intelligent folks and understood how nature works.

Your attempts at making mythology to sway the course this discussion fails.

tintingz:

Ok, did energy send prophets to people?

Stop reasoning like an idiot. There is nothing like prophet in Yoruba spirituality. Prophet is woli in yoruba. That is a christian and Islamic thing. What we have here is Babalawo and Iyalawo which mean the masters of esoteric and mysteries. Awo is esoteric or mystery. These are body of knowledge that would take time to study. It entails everything from physics, to mathematics to medicine, to philosophy, to morality, to history and lot of field of knowledge.

Babalawo understands energy and can manipulate it at wills.

tintingz:

They believe in a personal God so yeah they are not exempted from your claims.

How many times do I have to tell you personal god is personification of impersonal forces? Do I need to break your head before you assimilate that?

tintingz:

Lol, energy is confined in this universe, it's no different from every other phenomena in the universe, are you saying God is limited here? If you agree to this then we're cool. Because most theists will not agree to this.

Yoruba spirituality is naturalistic pantheism. Everything is God to them within nature.

Oh, you thought I was discussing some Christianity bullshiiit with you

tintingz:

And please there was no explosion, the big bang is not an explosion but expansion, I've corrected you before.

My book told me there was a cosmic explosion. You didn't make this observations. You read it just like I do.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by frank317: 8:31am On Jun 06, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

You are asking dumb questions. Worship mean acknowledging worth of something or someone. People acknowledge the worth of their country, does that mean their nation is happy they are worshipping it?

People acknowledge worth of money, does that money talk to them?

People acknowledge worth of their existence, does that mean existence care about them?

You are acting dumb and too shallow towards reasoning. Please work hard on your reasoning.

Chairman, it is sometimes annoying to read posts.

What's dumb about the question? Why should any one worship a tree in his back yard, when this act of worship adds no relevance to u? Not that the tree asked to be worshipped.

Why will I acknowledge and worship sun when the sun will always shine regardless of my worship.

Why do u call this question dumb? Are u just trying to sound smart by making baseless statements?

People acknowledge money, they don't pray to it, they recognise its worth because if they have it they can do things and they recognise those activities that will make u have it. No one prays to money.

Country not a thing, it is a group of people who share the same goal. They recognise its worth because of the advantage of sharing common goal. If they don't, they might suffer for not sharing this goal... Things like war, hunger and corruption are the effect of not acknowledging us country.

Tell me why I should worship and acknowledge sun or tree? Is it just for the fun of it? Isn't that just a usless act?
Re: The Problems With God. by tintingz(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

That is because you are asking irrational and very dumb questions. I keep repeating they arrived at their conclusion after critical observations.

For an umpteen time, they arrived at their conclusion after observing critically nature.

Ogun been a deity represent everything metallic. Calcium is metal. Therefore Ogun is Calcium.

It would have been a grave mistake if they had said Yemoja, a deity that represent water created bone. This is because water and bone have nothing in common.

This shows that they are intelligent folks and understood how nature works.

Your attempts at making mythology to sway the course this discussion fails.

Stop reasoning like an idiot. There is nothing like prophet in Yoruba spirituality. Prophet is woli in yoruba. That is a christian and Islamic thing. What we have here is Babalawo and Iyalawo which mean the masters of esoteric and mysteries. Awo is esoteric or mystery. These are body of knowledge that would take time to study. It entails everything from physics, to mathematics to medicine, to philosophy, to morality, to history and lot of field of knowledge.

Babalawo understands energy and can manipulate it at wills.

How many times do I have to tell you personal god is personification of impersonal forces? Do I need to break your head before you assimilate that?

Yoruba spirituality is naturalistic pantheism. Everything is God to them within nature.

Oh, you thought I was discussing some Christianity bullshiiit with you
Does energy talk to babalawo?

Sango has wives, can you explain how energy like thunder and lightning has wives?

My book told me there was a cosmic explosion. You didn't make this observations. You read it just like I do.
Sigh, SMH.

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by frank317: 9:42am On Jun 06, 2019
tintingz:

Sango has wives, can you explain how energy like thunder and lightning has wives?

Sigh, SMH.

I think for some reason I don't understands, the guy wants to take us back 1000 years.

At times of technology advancement,this guys is busy telling us that cow is God, we should therefore worship and acknowledge cow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problems With God. by tintingz(m): 9:55am On Jun 06, 2019
frank317:

I think for some reason I don't understands, the guy wants to take us back 1000 years.

At times of technology advancement,this guys is busy telling us that cow is God, we should therefore worship and acknowledge cow.
He doesn't even know how absurd and ridiculous his arguments are.

Maybe stones, trees, rain, moon, sun, water speak to him, if this is the case, I will advise him to go for a mental check up if he's not having schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
tintingz:

For n umpteenth time, babalawo only observes the behavior of energy. On a literal sense, energy does not talk.

Energy frequency and vibrating patterns can provide alot of information and data which can be noted by observant (Babalawo)

tintingz:

There is no way I can explain this without dropping the story of Sango and his wife. Therefore, permit me to key on important part of the story.

* The story hold that Sango was the king of Oyo kingdom, had three wives, Oba, Osun and Oya. He was a fearsome warrior.

* He had a device called Edun Ara which he use to direct lightning strike against his enemy at war. This device, he kept it with his youngest wife, Oya.

* Osun, his second wife was a peaceful and easy going person. When her husband is at rage and want to wage war, she would bring her feminine prowess of calming him down.

* Oya on the other round loves to fight. She was always in the front, alongside with Sango in the battle field. When Sango become, she lead the way to war.

You can read more on the story here https://www.nairaland.com/2431386/sango-olukoso

The three characters in the story are recognised as:

Sango, God lightning and thunder.

Osun, Goddess of fresh water.

Oya, Goddess of wind (violent wind).

Outside spiritual worldview;

Sango represents electrical energy.

Osun represent non-salty or fresh water.

Oya represent air.

Please you need to understand the above clearly before proceeding further. If you dont understand, please read it again.

To answer your question "the role of wives in electrical energy discharged by lightning"

Our primal focal would be on Osun been a woman that calm her husband when at rage, and Oya who is eager to fight by the side of her husband, and how it relate with Electric energy discharge (Lightning)

1. Science posit that Lightning is a violent and sudden electrostatic discharge in the atmosphere.
The story holds that Sango is a fearsome warrior.

2. Science hold that Lightning primarily occurs when warm air is mixed with colder air.
The story holds that lead the front to battleground when Sango is angry.

3. Science understand that in the air, there is free electron. It plays an important role in atmospheric electrification leading to the complex electrical nature of air.
The story mentioned that Oya keeps the device Sango fight with in the battle front.

4. Science also held that when lightning strikes, the molecules of air get ionized and electrons are available to flow to make the current and conduct electricity through air and can potentially kill or destroy anything it hit.
Story above reveal that when Sango is at war, Oya is on his side fighting.

5. Scientific studies have shown that nothing happens when lightning hit fresh or pure water. In fresh water, there are no mobile electrons or mobile ions to conduct electricity.
The story above explains that Osun which represent poses an ability of calming Sango when he is angry.

6. Science reveals that when lightning hit salty water, current flow can happen, meaning electricity can pass through.
The story carefully employed the character Osun (fresh water) instead of Olokun (salty water)

7. Science shown that lightning basically stays on the surface of water instead of penetrating it. Water disperses electrical charges while wind conveys electrical charges until it hit a point.
The story posit that Osun calm his raging husband Sango while Oya edges him to fight on.

The correlations above have shown that Oya, Osun and Sango are practical personification of a natural phenomenon namely, lightning and electrical energy.

Your ancestors were great people who understood how nature works. They kept this knowledge with them through ages.

What more do you want to know? Go to your oldies and ask them to explain more of the spirituality to you. And instead of writing it off as myth, you should take your time to understand the message been passed.

tintingz:

Sigh, SMH.

You may keep your half baked knowledge to yourself. There was cosmic explosion which lead to continual expansion. You should read your books instead of arguing blinding on nairaland

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by tintingz(m): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

For n umpteenth time, babalawo only observes the behavior of energy. On a literal sense, energy does not talk.

Energy frequency and vibrating patterns can provide alot of information and data which can be noted by observant (Babalawo)

There is no way I can explain this without dropping the story of Sango and his wife. Therefore, permit me to key on important part of the story.

* The story hold that Sango was the king of Oyo kingdom, had three wives, Oba, Osun and Oya. He was a fearsome warrior.

* He had a device called Edun Ara which he use to direct lightning strike against his enemy at war. This device, he kept it with his youngest wife, Oya.

* Osun, his second wife was a peaceful and easy going person. When her husband is at rage and want to wage war, she would bring her feminine prowess of calming him down.

* Oya on the other round loves to fight. She was always in the front, alongside with Sango in the battle field. When Sango become, she lead the way to war.

You can read more on the story here https://www.nairaland.com/2431386/sango-olukoso

The three characters in the story are recognised as:

Sango, God lightning and thunder.

Osun, Goddess of fresh water.

Oya, Goddess of wind (violent wind).

Outside spiritual worldview;

Sango represents electrical energy.

Osun represent non-salty or fresh water.

Oya represent air.

Please you need to understand the above clearly before proceeding further. If you dont understand, please read it again.

To answer your question "the role of wives in electrical energy discharged by lightning"

Our primal focal would be on Osun been a woman that calm her husband when at rage, and Oya who is eager to fight by the side of her husband, and how it relate with Electric energy discharge (Lightning)

1. Science posit that Lightning is a violent and sudden electrostatic discharge in the atmosphere.
The story holds that Sango is a fearsome warrior.

2. Science hold that Lightning primarily occurs when warm air is mixed with colder air.
The story holds that lead the front to battleground when Sango is angry.

3. Science understand that in the air, there is free electron. It plays an important role in atmospheric electrification leading to the complex electrical nature of air.
The story mentioned that Oya keeps the device Sango fight with in the battle front.

4. Science also held that when lightning strikes, the molecules of air get ionized and electrons are available to flow to make the current and conduct electricity through air and can potentially kill or destroy anything it hit.
Story above reveal that when Sango is at war, Oya is on his side fighting.

5. Scientific studies have shown that nothing happens when lightning hit fresh or pure water. In fresh water, there are no mobile electrons or mobile ions to conduct electricity.
The story above explains that Osun which represent poses an ability of calming Sango when he is angry.

6. Science reveals that when lightning hit salty water, current flow can happen, meaning electricity can pass through.
The story carefully employed the character Osun (fresh water) instead of Olokun (salty water)

7. Science shown that lightning basically stays on the surface of water instead of penetrating it. Water disperses electrical charges while wind conveys electrical charges until it hit a point.
The story posit that Osun calm his raging husband Sango while Oya edges him to fight on.

The correlations above have shown that Oya, Osun and Sango are practical personification of a natural phenomenon namely, lightning and electrical energy.

Your ancestors were great people who understood how nature works. They kept this knowledge with them through ages.

What more do you want to know? Go to your oldies and ask them to explain more of the spirituality to you. And instead of writing it off as myth, you should take your time to understand the message been passed.
How did energy like lightning and thunder become the king of Oyo and marry wives? Did people saw lightning and thunder in person and his water and wind wives in person?

Are these fact or just some fairytales?

I thought babalawos and Ifa preists can here what these Gods said?

You may keep your half baked knowledge to yourself. There was cosmic explosion which lead to continual expansion. You should read your books instead of arguing blinding on nairaland

Ok. It's a cosmic explosion, it exploded kaboom!

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
frank317:

Chairman, it is sometimes annoying to read posts.

What's dumb about the question? Why should any one worship a tree in his back yard, when this act of worship adds no relevance to u? Not that the tree asked to be worshipped.

Why will I acknowledge and worship sun when the sun will always shine regardless of my worship.

Why do u call this question dumb? Are u just trying to sound smart by making baseless statements?

People acknowledge money, they don't pray to it, they recognise its worth because if they have it they can do things and they recognise those activities that will make u have it. No one prays to money.

Country not a thing, it is a group of people who share the same goal. They recognise its worth because of the advantage of sharing common goal. If they don't, they might suffer for not sharing this goal... Things like war, hunger and corruption are the effect of not acknowledging us country.

Tell me why I should worship and acknowledge sun or tree? Is it just for the fun of it? Isn't that just a usless act?

I have answered you but you keep repeating the same irrational questions. Is it that you have issue with comprehensiveness and understanding?

The purpose of spirituality is to connect oneself to the essence of another being. Do you understand this philosophical stance? I bet, you do

In Yoruba spirituality, one essence is referred to as Ori. Ori generally mean consciousness, the innermost self or original self. That is the you that answers the philosophy question of "who am I?"

Yoruba people believe everything that exist has an Ori (essence) and ase (energy).

Therefore, a spiritualist connects its inner self to the Ori of the so called tree, sun or whatever, with the aim of annexing the ase (energy) of these entities.

While everything has ori and ase (everything including tree, river and sun is conscious), Yoruba spirituality primarily focus on 401 orisa (selected consciousness). Each one of 'selected consciousness' is been studied, observed and experienced through spiritual arts which enable them to tap into the "selected consciousness" ase (energy).

You may not still understand but read about the practise of Yoga. It will help you understand how energy is been annexed spiritually.

Acknowledging the worth of something is the same thing as worshipping something. The way you present it as something different reveals how shallow your thinking is.

And thank goodness you admit people acknowledge money. Actually people acknowledge worth of money which mean they are worshipping money. Since money is been worshipped or revered, it becomes a God. Simple.

It is also a silly attempt to stamp worshipping and prayer together as if they mean the same thing. Fan worship celebs but does that mean they pray to celebs? Maybe you don't know celebs are mini idols, ask Rihanna who claimed Fela is her God. It doesn't mean Rihanna pray to Fela in the corner of her room.

With the way you guys reason and argue aimlessly, I suspect you are toddlers.

Before you start all over again asking me irrational questions, you need to understand what spirituality is, how it is connectedness with nature, understand what is being and essence, and understand philosophy of existence. As at now, what you purge is embarrassing

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
tintingz:
How did energy like lightning and thunder become the king of Oyo and marry wives? Did people saw lightning and thunder in person and his water and wind wives in person?

Another turn in an endless circling. Do you even read
? Go back to my previous post. Stop exhibiting your shallowness to the public

tintingz:
Are these fact or just some fairytales?

They are personification duh!

tintingz:
I thought babalawos and Ifa preists can here what these Gods said?

That is because you think like a dolt

tintingz:
Ok. It's a cosmic explosion, it exploded kaboom!

Your business.

Goodnight

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by tintingz(m): 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Another turn in an endless circling. Do you even read
? Go back to my previous post. Stop exhibiting your shallowness to the public
You didn't tell us how thunder becomes the king of Oyo, living with them.

They are personification duh!
A.k.a fairytale.

That is because you think like a dolt
It never reach vexing my brother. wink

Your business.

Goodnight
Our business. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Problems With God. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2019
tintingz:
You didn't tell us how thunder becomes the king of Oyo, living with them.

You should be registered into crèche where you can start learning A for Apple, B for ball.

Afterward, you should start reading about personification, anthropomorphism, apotheosis, deification, and allegory.

Without understanding basic Alphabets, word and terminology, you are long lost discussing topic complex like this.

tintingz:
A.k.a fairytale.

You wish it was.

So far, I have presented historical and scientific facts embedded in the allegorical story.

Your retort into fallacy cannot save you.

tintingz:
It never reach vexing my brother.
Your public display of gross ignorance can make one sick

tintingz:
Our business. cheesy

You should work hard on understanding simple terminologies and conceptions before engaging people that have other views.

The way your comrade rejects you, the woeful embarrassment you bring to your personality, and the unrelenting display of idiocy clearly shows you are a person without shame.

Peace out
Re: The Problems With God. by LordReed(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

You should be registered into crèche where you can start learning A for Apple, B for ball.

Afterward, you should start reading about personification, anthropomorphism, apotheosis, deification, and allegory.

Without understanding basic Alphabets, word and terminology, you are long lost discussing topic complex like this.

You wish it was.

So far, I have presented historical and scientific facts embedded in the allegorical story.

Your retort into fallacy cannot save you.

Your public display of gross ignorance can make one sick

You should work hard on understanding simple terminologies and conceptions before engaging people that have other views.

The way your comrade rejects you, the woeful embarrassment you bring to your personality, and the unrelenting display of idiocy clearly shows you are a person without shame.

Peace out

Actually you come off sounding like a dick while he declines to insult you back.

Peace out.
Re: The Problems With God. by JeromeBlack: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
Cheers01:
The Christians, the muslims and Jews always tell me that there is one God and that he is powerful. In fact, he is omnipotent and can do anything. He cares for us human beings and all we need to do is follow his commandments. This God also created our universe. He is perfect, he is the almighty creator.

However, I just cannot believe in this God. This God sounds like a fairytale super-alien.

How can a God be so powerful and yet so invisible? How is it that there is no physical or scientific evidence that can prove this God's existence? We cannot hear him but he supposedly answers prayers. We cannot see him but he heals the sick and cares for us. The only other invisible smooth operator is Santa claus. That fat bastard that delivers presents to children all over the world. Yet, we all accept that Santa is a fairy tale.

How can a God be omnipotent? Omnipotence is a ridiculous concept. An absurdity in principle. Being omnipotent means being all powerful without limits. Let's look at how ridiculous the concept is; if God can do anything, then he should be able to create a second God that is stronger than himself.

The funniest thing about this God is that most of the people preaching about him are not even sensible. If I were a powerful god, I would have sensible people representing me. Jesus and Muhammad were both illiterates by their own societal standards. Moses was literate but not a trained priest.

Going further about people who represent God, every believer is divided on who or what this God is. Some say that God is Male. Some say that God is gender neutral. Some represent him as an old white man in the sky. Some say God is a God of vengeance like the biblical old testament. Some say that he is a God of love.

Then, there is the philosophical problem of creation. Who created the creator? Where does God come from? Did he create himself or he just always existed? If he always existed, what was he doing with himself all those billions of years it took our galaxy to be formed?

jesusjnr, vaxx, kingebukasblog, malvisguy212, can you respond to this op?
Re: The Problems With God. by malvisguy212: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

jesusjnr, vaxx, kingebukasblog, malvisguy212, can you respond to this op?
the op mind is made up, ( son of perdition ) one thing I know , winning argument does not validate the truth.
Re: The Problems With God. by vaxx: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
IAmSabrina:
Of what use is "God" though?
comfortability, purpose of life, social bonding , hope, motivation, mortality etc.....i am yet to find a replacement for this.......

If a belief system doesn't help you understand electricity, gravity, weather, our solar system, medical aid, etc, then it can screw off.

If you want to understand, don’t ask or used work of those who are as confused as you are. Instead, be open to non-traditional and new interpretations and teachings. Just take up a new study. Everything evolved and those not exclude religion.

i]"If God creates an immovable object, is he still omnipotent when he can't move it?"[/i] If stupid questions like this crap exist, then it can screw off.
paradoxical question. Those who keep repeating this question are confused themselves. It shows they know less of the nitty - gritty of God talkless of religion. Humble yourself instead and ask questions instead of criticising.

If our civilization's advancements in technology and culture do not require gMuslim od and/or religion, then it can screw off. (yes, many religious people have contributed to science, but was it their religion or their scientific method that made the contribution?)
Thankfully, your input accept religion people had contribute to science development. What motivate science advancement is humanity which religion is part of her characteristics. In it , there is culture, economic wealth etc ......You can still see religion holding on to this till date.

If people are left with arguments that validate religion through its "therapeutic aspects" while disregarding the abuse, depression, oppression, antiquated and inefficient practices that are easily observable throughout history... Then. It. Can. Screw. The. Fùck. Off.
smiley
Ignorance is bliss, opening your mind and accepting the truth is better than being ignorant.........

I am yet to see any perfected idea as far as humanity is concern not even science..........

Next time. Let us know where you copy this from. What you did without referencing is called academic dishonesty. I intentionally reply you when i realised it is from reddit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strange Urges In My Body / Odumeje: Remembering The Days And Times Of Eddie Okeke (eddy Na Nawgu) / The Truth Most Christians Dont Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.