Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home (5688 Views)

I Own You & Can "Do" 10times A Day-Man Tells Wife After She Refused "To Do" (Vid / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / My Husband Did Not Notice!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by prof2007: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
There is no recipe for a happy marriage; different marriages are based on different arrangements that suit the couples involved.

Sometimes a woman marries a very wealthy man and ends up being pampered for the rest of her life and sometimes the man might not be very wealthy or might even be POOR and the woman still finds a way to make the entire relationship work by not focusing on what they don't have but capitalizing on what they have and can share. Sometimes there is just no solution; some marriages just cant work because they were built on shaky foundation.

We have this story from one of our members on a recent encounter she had with her husband concerning money for food. She feels the weight has not been evenly shared and wants a re-assessment, check out her message below:

"I don't know how this may sound but am I suppose to contribute money in a home where my husband is comfortable to do everything? My husband doesn't gives me money for food or kitchen use, he always tells me to use my salary and if I raise a sound, he asks me what am I using my salary for?

I have endured this for a long time until last week when I refused to buy food stuff or make anything from my money. He got home from work and he asked me what did I make, I told him I didn't make anything as I didn't have enough money again to cook. And he asked me what happened to my salary and I told him it has finished and he kept quiet. We still have provisions; he proceed to take tea and bread then he went to bed.

Since that night, he has been coming back home with full stomach or he takes tea and bread at night. Now I am thinking if I am to be blamed cos I didn't disagree from the beginning of the marriage concerning this ?

He takes care of everything apart from this though.... please how do I handle this? I am getting fed up."

SOURCE: https://www..com/talk/topic,390543.0.html

Dear NAIRALANDERS, what is your advice in this situation?

2 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Chuks9000: 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
Selfishness on your part.
Who pays for house rent? Other household items (fuel for car and gen, etc)?
If it's just food and you are complaining, then I wonder what your views of marriage is.

11 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by dingbang(m): 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2019
Like seriously, what do women use their income for?

7 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Kaceman(m): 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
Na wa dis complaint doesn't make sense even thinking of it dey vex me. I mean what sort of arrant nonsense is this the effrontery what insolence so this is what is in her mind. The husband na better person share the responsibility no u no gree dey run u wan sign contract before marriage

4 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by bukatyne(f): 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
Was expectations not discussed during courtship?

And nothing pisses me off than spouses sweeping issues under the carpet when they should communicate.

Is eating bread or outside everyday the solution to the problem?
Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by chii8(f): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
Lol....every man knows how to get his woman's attention.

1 Like

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by AK6464(m): 10:49am On Jun 05, 2019
Now that she doesn't have to bother about food stuff again she is still complaining, what does she really want

9 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Chuks9000: 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:
Was expectations not discussed during courtship?

And nothing pisses me off than spouses sweeping issues under the carpet when they should communicate.

Is eating bread or outside everyday the solution to the problem?
Are you asking the guy to assault the lady?
Some issues need to be given time to enable both parties reflect (which does not amount to sweeping under the carpet).
The culprit has reflected on her action and is seeking for ways remedy/address the situation.
Getting pissed of is not a virtue of any faith...

1 Like

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by bukatyne(f): 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
Chuks9000:

Are you asking the guy to assault the lady?
Some issues need to be given time to enable both parties reflect (which does not amount to sweeping under the carpet).
The culprit has reflected on her action and is seeking for ways remedy/address the situation.
Getting pissed of is not a virtue of any faith...

A day when did communication translate to assault?

Husband drinks garri the first night and addresses the issue next day

There is obviously conflict of expectation which should be straightened out.

Getting pissed aka angry is not a sin. It is what I do with it that matters.

My issue is with the husband by the way.

I commented and moved on.

1 Like

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Theyoungmatron: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
A man that can't provide for his family
He expects his wife to provide for the family but will call himself a man
The family section is getting dysfunctional by the day.
The woman is expected to provide money for food, buy the food for the family, cook the meal and wait for the adulterated prick to come home and eat I raise yansh for una.

6 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by bukatyne(f): 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
A man that can't provide for his family
He expects his wife to provide for the family but will call himself a man
The family section is getting dysfunctional by the day.
The woman is expected to provide money for food, buy the food for the family, cook the meal and wait for the adulterated prick to come home and eat I raise yansh for una.

Did you read where the man provides every other thing?

10 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Theyoungmatron: 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:

Did you read where the man provides every other thing?
|Every other things like what When you are not feeding your family as a man, it nullifies every other thing you are doing. A man that waits for a woman to feed him. A man that shares his god giving responsibility of putting food on the table with his wife, that man is less OF a man. The new generation of men has watered down their responsibilities to the extent of delegating FEEDING, SHELTER AND SCHOOL FEES TO THEIR WIVES and still expect to be respected.

Let the wife provide the money, let the man buy and cook, i think the woman will agree to this since we are in the era of delegation

11 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by babyfaceafrica: 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2019
fake story

4 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Iamicekid(m): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2019
If this story is true ooo, the guy is a fool for marrying someone like you, how can you build together with this kind of attitude and I know he has notice it since the time you are dating but some guys are just stupid they will be saying it love that didn’t make them note that
Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by ImaIma1(f): 7:55am On Jun 06, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
|Every other things like what When you are not feeding your family as a man, it nullifies every other thing you are doing. A man that waits for a woman to feed him. A man that shares his god giving responsibility of putting food on the table with his wife, that man is less OF a man. The new generation of men has watered down their responsibilities to the extent of delegating FEEDING, SHELTER AND SCHOOL FEES TO THEIR WIVES and still expect to be respected.

Let the wife provide the money, let the man buy and cook, i think the woman will agree to this since we are in the era of delegation

The bolded is so true. A lot of them are so scared of responsibility.

4 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by ImaIma1(f): 7:58am On Jun 06, 2019
A wife is meant to support her husband. But they need to be able to communicate and understand each other and their expectations.

The husband should talk and make her understand instead of using silence to cover up. And the woman should be ready to contribute.

1 Like

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by genq(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2019
Look at this selfish witch that calls herself a wife. The husband provides everything - rent, bills, upkeep, school fees, car payments. All he asked of her is to provide food. Mind you, she's working o.

Madam, if you were single wont you feed? What are you using your salary for?

Women literally expect you to do everything for them simply because they are female. Tommorow these sluuts will come out to fight for equality.

I keep telling men MARRIAGE IS A SCAM.

#MGTOWmovement

12 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by genq(m): 8:13am On Jun 06, 2019
Theyoungmatron:

Shut the fvck up! You women wanted equality right?
This comment is a perfect example of how illogical and irrational the female species is.
Nonsense angry

10 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Theyoungmatron: 8:39am On Jun 06, 2019
Cry baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That's how they cry over the cyberspace because they are losing substance.
A shame you are, sir.
Come let me feed you. Man!!!!!!!!!!!
You are a droplet infection sir, anybody that comes near 3mm of you is bound to be infected.
genq:

Shut the fvck up! You women wanted equality right?
This comment is a perfect example of how illogical and irrational the female species is.
Nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by GoldenJAT(m): 11:52am On Jun 06, 2019
Just one question for the woman!!! WHAT IS YOUR SALARY MEANT FOR?? HOW ARE YOU HELPING HIM OUT?
There are so many issues I won't assume when I eventually want to settle down. WE GO SIDON TALK FIRST.

1 Like

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
dingbang:
Like seriously, what do women use their income for?
staying relevant, a man's job is to pay the bills.
Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
GoldenJAT:
Just one question for the woman!!! WHAT IS YOUR SALARY MEANT FOR?? HOW ARE YOU HELPING HIM OUT?
There are so many issues I won't assume when I eventually want to settle down. WE GO SIDON TALK FIRST.
Being married to him is helping out plenty, let him be a man and buy foodstuffs
Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by GoldenJAT(m): 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
funmisticqueen:
Your opinion!!! But I still ask... How will the woman help out?

1 Like

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Ranchhoddas: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
funmisticqueen:
I really like you walahi. I hope you actually live up to these ideals you constantly espouse.
I hope it's just not internet talk. grin grin grin
That would be really unfortunate.

4 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by crackhaus: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
Theyoungmatron:

2 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by dingbang(m): 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
funmisticqueen:
staying relevant, a man's job is to pay the bills.
very lame answer.

6 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Uyi168: 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
Marriage is one reason why men don't live long..
embarassed
Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by favourite787899: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
All I see these days are lazy men, looking for who will carry their cross for them. Women ought to contribute to the upkeep of the home. I can tell as a wife and as a mother that feeding is one thing that consumes alot of money. It should not be the sole duty of one person not to talk of the wife.

2 Likes

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Chuks9000: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
bukatyne:

A day when did communication translate to assault?
Husband drinks garri the first night and addresses the issue next day
There is obviously conflict of expectation which should be straightened out.
Getting pissed aka angry is not a sin. It is what I do with it that matters.
My issue is with the husband by the way.
I commented and moved on.
I feel you smiley
But with wife and kids around, my perception have changed over time...
is there a conflict? Yes!
Getting pissed is taking a position before the meeting day or hour. It is even worse when you believe it must be sorted out the next morning. By fire, by force.
For every conflict, leave an open mind until the other party give its reasons.
Imagine if the dad was hospitalised and it was as a result of her intervention that affect her capabilities at home.
That getting pissed feeling before her trial will not allow you apologize...
It might be that he has allowed enough time so that when he reacts like nuclear reactor, no one can hold him back.
Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by cococandy(f): 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
There doesn’t seem to be a clear description of responsibilities in that home.
Who provides what and who does what work in the home. The wife clearly feels that she’s doing enough in the home to warrant the man being the sole provider and the man clearly feels that he is providing enough to not add food expenses to his list of responsibilities.
No one on this thread can help them since they are not here. Anything posted would be for argument’s sake.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Her Husband Did After She Refused To Buy Food Stuff In The Home by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
Taking the average Nigerian situation into consideration? I honestly think that any partnership where the woman’s only financial responsibility is food/meal provision is a good deal
One could say this is still part of keeping house
If I had a husband or partner who took care of every financial responsibility in the house but food provision? I would respect him like no end, can even call him daddy sef and mean it! cheesy

He provides rent, school fees, car maintenance, fuel, gadgets, clothing, dates/outing, holiday, utility, etc money? He is gold and deserves the all star treatment - this woman should take up the house keeping and child minding duties because she has struck gold. Well if I were the marrying kind I would
Or was the OP a sarcastic one that I missed?
A drink is probably what I need now

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SEX Swingers Club Registration / Tallest Man In Akoka / Am I An Evil Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.