Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. (1266 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / My Pregnant Caucasian Shepard And Rottweiler / Lady Holds Baby Shower For Her Pregnant Dog In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by chinonyinye: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
Good evening FAM.I'm very confused right now, my pregnant gsd-causcasian dog is pregnant. Its her very first pregnancy and since Sunday, she has been groaning severely and has even refused to eat since then.
We have been force feeding her with a mixture of glucose, milk and biscuits given with a syringe she even rejected meat and sardines. We called a vet as well as a trainer and they said that she's normal but we are still worried.
Pls what's the cause? And how can it be solved. I'd have loved to post a video but its more than 4mb
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by chinonyinye: 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
Pls vet doctors and dog trainers in the house respond.
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by KristaPretty(f): 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by IamAnderson(m): 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
KristaPretty:
See REGISTERED AND CERTIFIED Zoologist. Sometimes these vets know nothing.
what are you saying?
do you think a zoologist has a better say about a dog's pregnancy than a vet doctor?
what does a zoologist have to do with a dog's pregnancy?
I feel like you don't even know what a zoologist does

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by IamAnderson(m): 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2019
chinonyinye:
Good evening FAM.I'm very confused right now, my pregnant gsd-causcasian dog is pregnant. Its her very first pregnancy and since Sunday, she has been groaning severely and has even refused to eat since then.
We have been force feeding her with a mixture of glucose, milk and biscuits given with a syringe she even rejected meat and sardines. We called a vet as well as a trainer and they said that she's normal but we are still worried.
Pls what's the cause? And how can it be solved. I'd have loved to post a video but its more than 4mb
how pregnant is she and how old is she?
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by KristaPretty(f): 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2019
IamAnderson:

what are you saying?
do you think a zoologist has a better say about a dog's pregnancy than a vet doctor?
what does a zoologist have to do with a dog's pregnancy?
I feel like you don't even know what a zoologist does

I thought a Zoologist is someone that sells dog meat and cat fish peppersoup
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by chinonyinye: 12:03am On Jun 05, 2019
IamAnderson:

how pregnant is she and how old is she?

About 2 years old and about 40+ days pregnant . she was crossed officially on April 14th although she used to sneak out through the gutter so we are not sure of d date. Thank you
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by PeraGSD: 1:58am On Jun 05, 2019
chinonyinye:

About 2 years old and about 40+ days pregnant . she was crossed officially on April 14th although she used to sneak out through the gutter so we are not sure of d date. Thank you

Did you notice any discharge?

Groaning is certainly a sign of distress and pain. She needs to see a vet most certainly. One with good experience in canine reproductive issues. We suspect an infection but not sure.

Wishing you the best.
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by chinonyinye: 6:22am On Jun 05, 2019
PeraGSD:

Did you notice any discharge?

Groaning is certainly a sign of distress and pain. She needs to see a vet most certainly. One with good experience in canine reproductive issues. We suspect an infection but not sure.

Wishing you the best.

Okay thank you very much. Although, the vet has been giving her gentamycin injections as well as vitamins and diclofenac injection. Then yesterday night, he gave her an injection that stopped the groans
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by IamAnderson(m): 7:14am On Jun 05, 2019
chinonyinye:

Okay thank you very much. Although, the vet has been giving her gentamycin injections as well as vitamins and diclofenac injection. Then yesterday night, he gave her an injection that stopped the groans
sorry I couldn't reply on time but that's good to hear, please next time don't take any serious groans during her pregnancy for granted, it could cost you your dog or her puppies.
if you notice any complications report to a vet asap, goodluck bro, wish her a safe whelping.
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by chinonyinye: 8:58am On Jun 05, 2019
IamAnderson:

sorry I couldn't reply on time but that's good to hear, please next time don't take any serious groans during her pregnancy for granted, it could cost you your dog or her puppies.
if you notice any complications report to a vet asap, goodluck bro, wish her a safe whelping.

She's currently on dextrose saline iv. Thank you very much for your assistance and I'm a sis not a bro. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by Amuocha: 9:14am On Jun 05, 2019
But where is lalasticlala sef sad
Re: Help!!! My Pregnant Dog Is Groaning. by midehill(m): 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2021
chinonyinye:

@Op, is dis your dog still alive?

(1) (Reply)

Samoyed For Sale 40k / Cute Rabbits Available, Order Now!! / Beast Male And Female Caucasian Pups For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.