Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Life After Graduation; What Next??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Life After Graduation; What Next??? (752 Views)

The Reality Of Life After Graduation / Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life After Graduation; What Next??? by Christianokaro(m): 9:44am On Jun 05, 2019
In 2015 I was admitted into an higher institution, to study Mass Communication which has always been my dream course. Fast forward to 2019, final exams have been written, I thought I had it all planned and figured out, I thought I was on track and I knew what to do after school, I felt my case would be different since am usually a very creative person.
The story might have taken a different turn. Few days ago a random person I met at a park engaged me in some societal related discussions after which we talked about ourselves as a way of introduction, then he threw the big question at me, "So now that you are done with school, what next"?
Damn! trust me na, as a confirm Warri masscom graduate I answered so perfectly, telling him only a few of my plans though but trust me that question sparked lots of confusion in me, am beginning to feel so confused like what makes me feel I will be different from others, like didn't they have plans too? what went wrong? aren't they creative also?
that's where depression gets in. When I finally look into my life and start feeling like I have nothing figured out yet. I know this is only a phase that will pass, we'll learn from mistakes and all, but of course we can't make all the mistakes by ourselves na
what can you guys say about life after graduation? what's the best thing for a fresh graduate to do before NYSC and after?
Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by biacan(f): 9:57am On Jun 05, 2019
Christianokaro:
In 2015 I was admitted into an higher institution, to study Mass Communication which has always been my dream course. Fast forward to 2019, final exams have been written, I thought I had it all planned and figured out, I thought I was on track and I knew what to do after school, I felt my case would be different since am usually a very creative person.
The story might have taken a different turn. Few days ago a random person I met at a park engaged me in some societal related discussions after which we talked about ourselves as a way of introduction, then he threw the big question at me, "So now that you are done with school, what next"?
Damn! trust me na, as a confirm Warri masscom graduate I answered so perfectly, telling him only a few of my plans though but trust me that question sparked lots of confusion in me, am beginning to feel so confused like what makes me feel I will be different from others, like didn't they have plans too? what went wrong? aren't they creative also?
that's where depression gets in. When I finally look into my life and start feeling like I have nothing figured out yet. I know this is only a phase that will pass, we'll learn from mistakes and all, but of course we can't make all the mistakes by ourselves na
what can you guys say about life after graduation? what's the best thing for a fresh graduate to do before NYSC and after?
Go for TV intern programs
Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by Christianokaro(m): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2019
biacan:
Go for TV intern programs
By TV intern programs you mean approaching TV stations to help as an intern in their programs department? will media houses really allow that ?
Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by biacan(f): 10:29am On Jun 05, 2019
Christianokaro:

By TV intern programs you mean approaching TV stations to help as an intern in their programs department? will media houses really allow that ?
Yes some do

1 Like

Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by Christianokaro(m): 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2019
biacan:
Yes some do
alright thanks
Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by Christianokaro(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
more contributions needed please You could be helping someone
Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by Seyioluwa11(m): 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
Acquire skills related or not.

1 Like

Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by Christianokaro(m): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
Seyioluwa11:
Acquire skills related or not.
Thanks
Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by BunbleBee: 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2019

1 Like

Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by dopeboi142: 12:06am On Jun 06, 2019
The thing about leaving school, no one tells you about is that, you’re on your own. And you have got to think smart and sharp and take every opportunity you see. Firstly, start with your NYSC, do not fall into the trap of “Flexing” all the while, P.S:I’m not saying do not flex.
But have fun with sense, apply for all these professional courses, trust me they’d help you, network well with individuals who have a clear and bright future plan and set goals for the year. Save as much as the little you’d get, because it’d safe you for after the NYSC year. Don’t also sit idle, learn a skill or trade, do not narrow it down to white collar alone, think about blue collar.
Apply for volunteering jobs and internships, trust me they’d help you a lot afterwards. And trust God, have the right attitude. Do not be scared or shy away from any challenge.

1 Like

Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by Christianokaro(m): 5:38am On Jun 06, 2019
dopeboi142:
The thing about leaving school, no one tells you about is that, you’re on your own. And you have got to think smart and sharp and take every opportunity you see. Firstly, start with your NYSC, do not fall into the trap of “Flexing” all the while, P.S:I’m not saying do not flex.
But have fun with sense, apply for all these professional courses, trust me they’d help you, network well with individuals who have a clear and bright future plan and set goals for the year. Save as much as the little you’d get, because it’d safe you for after the NYSC year. Don’t also sit idle, learn a skill or trade, do not narrow it down to white collar alone, think about blue collar.
Apply for volunteering jobs and internships, trust me they’d help you a lot afterwards. And trust God, have the right attitude. Do not be scared or shy away from any challenge.
Thanks so much
Am already seeing how on my own I am
I plan on getting some professional certificates and improving some of the skills have acquired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by Christianokaro(m): 5:41am On Jun 06, 2019
BunbleBee:
got admitted 2014 finishing this November, i plan to learn lot of skills post graduation like my programming, writing skills, leadership skill, critical and creative thinking skills and lots more.
Seems you have it all really figured out shaaa unlike the confused me that became lost in so many thoughts
Congrats on your soon coming graduation and thanks for sharing your plans, they are being helpful
Re: Life After Graduation; What Next??? by BunbleBee: 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
Christianokaro:

Seems you have it all really figured out shaaa unlike the confused me that became lost in so many thoughts
Congrats on your soon coming graduation and thanks for sharing your plans, they are being helpful
congrats and thanks to you too. May God make it easy for us all.

(1) (Reply)

2019 OAU Post-utme Application Form Released / GRE – All You Need To Know / Admission Hopes up yet? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.