Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

The Reality Of Life After Graduation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Reality Of Life After Graduation (25659 Views)

Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 4:54am On Mar 09, 2021
Life after graduation is not easy. Whether you studied a professional or non--professional course, you will suffer after school, but those that studied professional courses has a better chance of securing job in the labour market.
I repeat, life after school is not easy. This is not Nollywood. What you see on Nollywood is rare in reality.

While on campus, you can discover your gift and work hard to avoid suffering after school. Don't depend on people but rely on God. Hustle as a student, do business, organize campus fellowship to win souls, contest elections. Just engage in something that brings money because when you go broke, nobody will help you.
Academics won't give you money. It is better to try something and fail than not trying at all. If you contest election and lose, it teaches you something which political science cannot teach you. People are hungry, so they don't care about your manifesto or vision, if you don't help them financially, you will lose election or anything you are fighting for.

Don't wear expensive clothes to impress people because nobody really care about your appearance. You can use the money for expensive clothes to better your life. You don't need to be buying plenty clothes, you can manage the little you have, iron it and wear.
Learn from your father's mistakes, don't associate with people that never liked your father. If they never liked your father, they can never like you.

Don't allow yourself to be used without a reward. Before David accepted to kill goliath, he asked the people what shall be done for the man who kills Goliath. David wanted to make sure there is a reward before accepting the task.

If I mistakenly accept a job that doesn't fetch money, I instantly lose interest in that job and I won't put my energy in such useless Job.
"
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE"

189 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nwaotu10(m): 8:04am On Mar 09, 2021
It's not easy bro.

4 years after graduation, No job, No savings. Living from hand to mouth with underpaid jobs.
No hope in sight atall.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by ChangedMan1999(m): 8:05am On Mar 09, 2021
You are right

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 8:47am On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:
It's not easy bro.

4 years after graduation, No job, No savings. Living from hand to mouth with underpaid jobs.
No hope in sight atall.
you are right but you have to create a way for your self no one is ready to help you

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 8:48am On Mar 09, 2021
ChangedMan1999:
You are right
exactly!!!!
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nwaotu10(m): 9:51am On Mar 09, 2021
blazepascal:
you are right but you have to create a way for your self no one is ready to help you

Please, how do I create a way for my self?

15 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:

Please, how do I create a way for my self?
Go and acquire a skill

16 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nwaotu10(m): 10:06am On Mar 09, 2021
blazepascal:
Go and acquire a skill

You mind advising me on the right skills to acquire?

What kind of skills would you advise me to acquire, bro?

10 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2021
its left for you yo find out your self

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:

its left for you to find out your self

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Alphafarms(m): 10:59am On Mar 09, 2021
Nobody told us is going to be a smooth ride, get a skill today and excel

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:07am On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:

If you have access to a laptop and a good internet connection, go and learn how to code. It is the best thing you will ever do for yourself.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Ballary(m): 12:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
blazepascal:
Life after graduation is not easy. Whether you studied a professional or non--professional course, you will suffer after school, but those that studied professional courses has a better chance of securing job in the labour market.
I repeat, life after school is not easy. This is not Nollywood. What you see on Nollywood is rare in reality.
While on campus, you can discover your gift and work hard to avoid suffering after school. Don't depend on people but rely on God. Hustle as a student, do business, organize campus fellowship to win souls, contest elections. Just engage in something that brings money because when you go broke, nobody will help you. Academics won't give you money. It is better to try something and fail than not trying at all. If you contest election and lose, it teaches you something which political science cannot teach you. People are hungry, so they don't care about your manifesto or vision, if you don't help them financially, you will lose election or anything you are fighting for.
Don't wear expensive clothes to impress people because nobody really care about your appearance. You can use the money for expensive clothes to better your life. You don't need to be buying plenty clothes, you can manage the little you have, iron it and wear.
Learn from your father's mistakes, don't associate with people that never liked your father. If they never liked your father, they can never like you.
Don't allow yourself to be used without a reward. Before David accepted to kill goliath, he asked the people what shall be done for the man who kills Goliath. David wanted to make sure there is a reward before accepting the task. If I mistakenly accept a job that doesn't fetch money, I instantly lose interest in that job and I won't put my energy in such useless Job.
"
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE"

that is when you will know that you came alone in this world especially when you are from a struggling family.aviod anything that will bring liability and pursue anything that will bring investment.

don't allow women be your priority at this stage of life, rather you can have one that is intelligent and understanding, body no be firewood.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nwaotu10(m): 12:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

If you have access to a laptop and a good internet connection, go and learn how to code. It is the best thing you will ever do for yourself.
I don't have a laptop. No money to buy one as well.

Ok then, thanks!

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ballary:

that is when you will know that you came alone in this world especially when you are from a struggling family.aviod anything that will bring liability and pursue anything that will bring investment.

don't allow women be your priority at this stage of life, rather you can have one that is intelligent and understanding, body no be firewood.
exactly!!! we are on the same page

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by olamiji98448: 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Lawl(m): 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2021
cry Thanks So Much Bro

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by heniford2: 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2021
join yahoo yahoo bro all na hustle too

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
heniford2:
join yahoo yahoo bro all na hustle too
go and get a life

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
Lawl:
cry Thanks So Much Bro
u welcome
olamiji98448:
exactly
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 09, 2021
You see this life ehemmmm omoh e tough o. Since I left NYSC no reasonable source of income. I can't even remember my dreams, depression has fccked everything up.

At a point I stopped praying for a job for myself, I started praying for every graduate without a job and facing financial crisis. Unemployment is tough and rough, the thing even pass one man.

Only thing I am thankful for is being alive. When there is life, there is hope. But when there is hunger it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

MODIFIED

]Please if you could loan out or gift out a laptop to learn programmingp I would be glad.
Or if you could give out a laptop so I could pay installment please help me. it's for programming

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
I have read a lot of write-ups/articles on this topic or something related to this topic and after thorough thinking I came up with a conclusion.
My conclusion is, "SO LONG AS THE GOVERNMENT DIDN'T FORCE/COERCE YOU TO SCHOOL, WHY THEN DO YOU EXPECT A JOB FROM THEM."?

If your "mindset" is to look for job after school, I am sorry who just wasted your whole years in school. You are in school to be creative/creators, to be thinkers, to think your way through life by the experience, lessons e.t.c you learnt from school so that you can stand out and become independent and not carry a piece of paper and be looking for what does not even exist. I have more to say, but let me stop here.

The only valid reason I will accept looking for job should be because you want to learn from your boss/job in case you want to establish your corporation for a limited amount of time, any other reason is invalid.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
I gave up on Nigeria 10 years ago

6 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by merits(m): 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
wink

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by sam4noow(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
e
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by ogub(m): 6:43pm On Mar 09, 2021
Become an entrepreneur build your own business

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by BabaIbo: 6:43pm On Mar 09, 2021
You are about to understand the true meaning of that line "So help me God" in Nigeria's anthem.

Life after NYSC is on another level.

Don't be afraid, it is challenging but if you overcome it, then you're made.

In all you need God.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by BabaIbo: 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2021
ogub:
Become an entrepreneur build your own business

Easier said than done.

Do you think starting a business is any easy?

FYI, it's tougher than being employed.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by EDYDO(m): 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2021
Depend on God. You have said it all

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of Results To 3 Years / Www.nigerian University News.com: Latest News Updates From All Institutions / Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.