Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Developmental Idea For Igboland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Developmental Idea For Igboland (1145 Views)

Private City Development Model Is “the Best Way Forward For Igboland” / IPOB Now Pays Monthly Developmental Fee In Biafra Land / Buhari Arrives Maiduguri To Inaugurate Developmental Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developmental Idea For Igboland by horsepower101: 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
A friend of mine said this last year and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Do you know that if we sacrifice just one Sunday and contribute all the tithe and offering money collected by churches, it will be enough to build one of the following:

Build about 10 power plants in the East.

Adittional two niger bridges

Modern Interstate highways that connects all the igbo states

Gas processing plants for manufacturing and agro-allied industries

Massive Onitsha and Ibaku river and sea port.

I can go on forever.

This is just something to think about for us Igbo people who are so quick to participate in donations to churches which honestly don’t bring developement. But we don’t contribute to our own development.

Don’t forget that it was Imo state people hat contributed and built their own Airport. It’s time we igbos start doing the same for all of our development need.

Anyone telling you that there is no money is not sincere. Just one Sunday contribution all over the East can build a major infrastructure that we critically need.

It’s time for Ndigbo to rethink our approach to development of our dear land.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Bragalane: 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
All this PDP Igbo lunatics on NL sha
Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by hisgrace090: 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2019
Aside 10% tithe remaineth 90% balance, aside one Sunday remaineth more 6 days in the week so the Igbo man have no reason to blame the church for not achieving all you mention.
Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2019
Trash.

Trash

Trash

Ana akogheri.
Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by whirlwind7(m): 10:40am On Jun 06, 2019
My brother horsepower101 grin

Full of passion for his motherland.
For his people.
For all those East of the Niger with an undying love for the resurrection of Igbo ideals and power.
I salute your doggedness and your zeal. Your dreams (our dream) and innermost desire will definitely be realised one day. Much sooner than you or anyone else expects. That, is as certain as death.

But then, you are always shooting off in the unproductive way. You are always wearing your emotions on your sleeves and that makes it easy for the sons of perdition to toy with what you hold sacred and bring to scorn your aspiration and efforts.

This isn't where you bring forth your ideas from germination to fruition. Nairaland is filled with frustrated souls who are always on the prowl for whom to channel their despair. You, as an enterprising son from a proud lineage of warriors and conquerors will be a natural target. Same way as anything Igbo fills them with dread, and the mention of the motherland gives them unending nightmares. They may vehemently deny this, as we both know they will. But it changes nothing.

It doesn't change the fact that you bringing your ideas here will always certainly hit a brick wall. For every single positive contribution, there is bound to be double criticism and scorn.
You don't keep doing same thing all over, and expect a different outcome.
Be smart. Change tact.
Nairaland isn't the place for these sort of discussions. You already know that. You also know the right place to take it to, if what you truly seek for is genuine and passionate contribution.

Peace.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by mrvitalis(m): 10:55am On Jun 06, 2019
The south east governor should form a igbo investment company where ordinary people can invest and own equity

Build road n its taxed the investors make profit
Build power plants n investors make profit
Airport and investors earn profit

I can go on and on we can raise 500by dollars in 20 years if we are serious

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by horsepower101: 11:01am On Jun 06, 2019
whirlwind7:
My brother horsepower101 grin

Full of passion for his motherland.
For his people.
For all those East of the Niger with an undying love for the resurrection of Igbo ideals and power.
I salute your doggedness and your zeal. Your dreams (our dream) and innermost desire will definitely be realised one day. Much sooner than you or anyone else expects. That, is as certain as death.

But then, you are always shooting off in the unproductive way. You are always wearing your emotions on your sleeves and that makes it easy for the sons of perdition to toy with what you hold sacred and bring to scorn your aspiration and efforts.

This isn't where you bring forth your ideas from germination to fruition. Nairaland is filled with frustrated souls who are always on the prowl for whom to channel their despair. You, as an enterprising son from a proud lineage of warriors and conquerors will be a natural target. Same way as anything Igbo fills them with dread, and the mention of the motherland gives them unending nightmares. They may vehemently deny this, as we both know they will. But it changes nothing.

It doesn't change the fact that you bringing your ideas here will always certainly hit a brick wall. For every single positive contribution, there is bound to be double criticism and scorn.
You don't keep doing same thing all over, and expect a different outcome.
Be smart. Change tact.
Nairaland isn't the place for these sort of discussions. You already know that. You also know the right place to take it to, if what you truly seek for is genuine and passionate contribution.

Peace.

My brother I agree with everything that you said. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 06, 2019
Igboland is cursed, can never be developed
Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Stingman: 11:42am On Jun 06, 2019
Igbobyblood:
Igboland is cursed, can never be developed

Some of you people just talk without thinking. How can you say Igbo land is cursed...Just look at these two pics and say which is developed ans which is cursed.

1. Onitsha - Igboland

2. Abeokuta - Yorubaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
Stingman:

Some of you people just talk without thinking. How can you say Igbo land is cursed...Just look at these two pics and say which is developed ans which is cursed.

1. Onitsha - Igboland

2. Abeokuta - Yorubaland

how is that developed?

Let's compare Onitsha with Lagos Na

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
Oga close this thread ang go and sit down
Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Stingman: 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Igbobyblood:
how is that developed?

Comparing Lagos which was the former capital and Onitsha, says much of your intelligence and IQ.

Its like comparing Abuja and Ogbomosho!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Warship: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
horsepower101:
A friend of mine said this last year and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Do you know that if we sacrifice just one Sunday and contribute all the tithe and offering money collected by churches, it will be enough to build one of the following:

I can go on forever.

This is just something to think about for us Igbo people who are so quick to participate in donations to churches which honestly don’t bring developement. But we don’t contribute to our own development.

Don’t forget that it was Imo state people hat contributed and built their own Airport. It’s time we igbos start doing the same for all of our development need.

Anyone telling you that there is no money is not sincere. Just one Sunday contribution all over the East can build a major infrastructure that we critically need.

Good idea.

An investment vehicle for development of Biafra land should be constituted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by MONIKERREVEALER: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
the church in the east has been a major contributor to the rapid development of the east compared to other religions and peoples in the present day zoogeria

missionary schools, scholarships, hospitals, construction work, aid of ALL kinds etc have been responsible for the tremendous strides we the great igbos have made in zoogeria compared to other people

contributions made in the Orthodox settings of the church in the eastern region was strictly controlled and utilized.

you don't throw away the baby with the bathwater

ALL we need to do is place serious and conscientious checks and balances on ALL churches, both Orthodox and new age versions, to ensure that the doctrines and teachings they expound are kept in line with the doctrines and teachings of Christ

Christ never asked for tithes/donations or for people to neglect the proper care of their own lives, families and societies in other to build up one general overseer's "church"!!!

everything must be done decently and in proper order!!!

giving for church development progams must be properly monitored by a board of trustees to see that the "men of God" are not laying undue pressure on the members to give above their means and that the members as well, in individual cases, don't take to the pattern of giving "sacrificially" which is another fancy word for getting ripped off by cunning "men of God"!!!

the benefits accrueable from having a good, working, edifying church to a civilized Christian society CANNOT be underemphasized!!!

charity work, youth advisory/empowerment initiatives, orphanages, widow's welfare provision, IDP camp administration, passionate educational/evangelical advancement etc are just a sample of the benefits of having properly vetted and run churches!!!

ALL the ills in the present day "churches" of the zoo today shall be rectified and eliminated once we have achieved our free and independent country of biafra!!!!!!!!

rest assured of proper running of churches and accountability once we extricate ourselves from the shiithole and its pastorpreneurs who do nothing else but fleece the flock!!!

biafra must be free ASAP!!!

the international interventionist invaders are soon coming to the shiithole to tear zoogeria to pieces and we, the great easterners, are SOO gone from the shiithole ASAP, AMEN!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
horsepower101:

I can go on forever.

Don't sound like a fool. Don't bring church into anything you think you want to do in Igbo or you will fail before you start.

This also shows you know nothing of Igbo structure.

If the government give Igbo free hand to develop their region, we know how to donate the money. We do it on every village without talking about church tithe and offering.
Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by horsepower101: 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Don't sound like a fool. Don't bring church into anything you think you want to do in Igbo or you will fail before you start.

This also shows you know nothing of Igbo structure.

If the government give Igbo free hand to develop their region, we know how to donate the money. We do it on every village without talking about church tithe and offering.

You totally misunderstood my point. My point is that we as igbos have the capacity to raise the money needed for any major infrastructure.

This is not an attack on church.

My point is that the amount of money we raise every Sunday for the house of GOD is enough to build all the major infrastructures that we need to get to the next level.

2 Likes

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by horsepower101: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
Just imagine if every or most Igbo people(including diaspora) contribute according to their means no matter how small.

We can raise 5 to 10 billion dollars in one single day.

That money is enough to build additional 2 Niger bridges

Or build massive network of gas pipelines that will industrialize the east overnight.

IMO state indigenes have proven that it can be done by building Owerri airport by themselves.

1 Like

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by horsepower101: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
This is not a new or crazy idea. This is something koreans and Jews have done in the past and continue doing.

How do you think Israel developed from a barren desert? It was not by magic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Seetto: 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
Igbobyblood:
how is that developed?

O boy Lagos fine o, no wonder some people wan claim am...
Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
horsepower101:

You totally misunderstood my point. My point is that we as igbos have the capacity to raise the money needed for any major infrastructure.

This is not an attack on church.

My point is that the amount of money we raise every Sunday for the house of GOD is enough to build all the major infrastructures that we need to get to the next level.

The electricity in my village was put in place by my village people. Government didn't put a dine in it. We single handedly did it.

Most villages in Igbo land did it before we did and many more will do it. Tithe and offering didn't stop.

Anyone who sees tithe and offering as a hindrance to Igbo's donation (utu), is an enemy of the Igbo race because no Igbo man will drop a dine for anything if his God (chi) is belittled.

Your chi may not be my chi. What your chi eats may not be what my chi eats. That your chi doesn't accept tithe and offering doesn't mean mine doesn't vis a vis.

Any day religion difference is brought into Igbo land, our tribe is dead.

This is a warning to our new generation Igbo social media experts who know little to nothing about our system of money collection and donations.

The Igbo race had over time developed their region without government in put. And are still doing so till date through a donation process we call UTU.

Any Igbo man who doesn't know what UTU is doesn't visit his village.

Please don't join the Igbo race with religion.
Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Banmeallday: 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
horsepower101:

I can go on forever.

Great idea but not to happen, not under Nigeria or Nigerian political parties. Who, is it Obiano or Umahi? Ugwuanyi the woman governor, or Ihedioha?

If you think Okowa or Wike are going to then you are dreaming
Re: Developmental Idea For Igboland by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
horsepower101:
Just imagine if every or most Igbo people(including diaspora) contribute according to their means no matter how small.

We can raise 5 to 10 billion dollars in one single day.

That money is enough to build additional 2 Niger bridges

Or build massive network of gas pipelines that will industrialize the east overnight.

IMO state indigenes have proven that it can be done by building Owerri airport by themselves.

There are things you can't build now no matter how much you have. And if you succeed in building it, government will take it from you.

What any tribe needs is a good state government that can handle their money well.

(1) (Reply)

Boycotting Killers’ Bloody Beef In Kumuyi’s Cow Country / No Certificate Listed On Buhari’s CV —kyari Tells Presidential Tribunal / President Buhari Commissions Air Force Hospital In Daura (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.