Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,294 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning (46509 Views)

Nsude Pyramids: A Forgotten Historical Edifice Built By Ancient Igbos / University Of Lagos Vs University Of Ibadan: A Head-to-head Comparison / Nsude Pyramids: A Forgotten Historical Structures Built By Ancient Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by 2blessed01(m): 10:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
OYO-On Your Own....
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by snradewale(m): 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2019
I am seeing one big alligator grin.... Op did you kill it

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Davoneskay(m): 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
Akolawole:

Illiterates have NEVER rule Oyo state.

Is Uncle Bola Ige(as we call him in the 80's) an illiterate?

Dr Omololu Olunloyo (One of the 3 best mathematician in Nigeria at a time) an illiterate?

Lam Adeshina isn't illiterate

Baba alankara(Ladoja) was a distinction student in his days.

Ajimobi is an MBA holder from United States and rise to the peak of his career before joining politics.
All the aforementioned didn't live up to expectations. They were corrupt and power-blind. Hence, there academic status has no reflection in their administration. I won't be surprised if Seyi live up not to expectation. Public office holders in Africa are mostly animal being.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Davoneskay(m): 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2019
4dor:

Bola Ige - Lawyer
Omololu Olunloyo - Doctor
Kolapo Ishola - (Can't remember his profession but he wasn't an illiterate)
Lam Adesina - Retired Principal
Rasheed Ladoja - Engineer/Shipping magnate
Alao Akala - Retired Assistant Commissioner of Police
Ajimobi - Studied abroad worked with Shell before joining politics.

Please who are the illiterate Governors you're talking about?
They all governed like Illiterates. Their academic experience never reflected in their governance. At a time, Oyo politics was called amala politics.

3 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by TGMISKY(m): 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
But OP, how can you say that the school is over 40 decades? That's 400 years o

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by willyo(m): 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
TotoNaRubber:

haha, that blue roof you see in the middle is owned by an Ibo man.

Noh keep me wid laff habeg

2 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Ategberoson(m): 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2019
Unbiased1:

ur name sounds like those of area boys in mushin. See your own developed region with brown roofs. The only building with coloured roof even looks like a prison.

if you're expecting me to believe you've one bit brain, you must be wasting your time. I don't take utme candidate in Igbo land serious

if not for those drugs ambassador building house and churches with money gotten from illicit business they used in destroying another person's life, would your region even have one single modern house therein?

all the houses in Igbo land are built by people in Diaspora, Lagos and other countries. the wise one among you even leave the mud land to buy properties in Lagos and Abuja and even kano. the okwute that steal no dime had his mall in Abuja. why not his state?

your roads are all in a sorry state yet na Yoruba be your headache. na Tinubu that's not responsible for your futile civil war be your wahala?

I hope you can recover from the nnamdi KANU psychological trauma soon

2 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Benrosaria(m): 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
you be just kolo
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Benrosaria(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
You be better kolo
SLAP44:
I want to ask, is the blue roof part of Ibadan?

I thought it's only browns? lipsrsealed
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by delpee(f): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
Davoneskay:

They all governed like Illiterates. Their academic experience never reflected in their governance. At a time, Oyo politics was called amala politics.

Hmmm! I think the problem is with the people who are insisting on free education with paucity of funds. Meanwhile, Makinde has cancelled the paltry 1000 naira the students pay per term.

Secondly, Ajimobis suggestion that some old schools should be handed over to the original owners for better management was met with stiff resistance. This would have made more funds available for the effective management of the remaining public schools.

Right now, the public schools that are fairly well maintained are the ones with dedicated PTA and Alumnae organisations.

3 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by RichBoy247: 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2019
SLAP44:

Ajimobi and all other SW governors really tried, their major undoing was paying 60% of their allocation to Tinubu

Eeeehe. Tinubu has made many to run mad ooo. How does the current discussions relate to Tinubu? Do you want to be unfortunate in this life ni?

2 Likes

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Abbey24(m): 11:19pm On Jun 05, 2019
What actually spoil d school is d fact that the school was divided into primary section and secondary one, and govt. /school management left d primary section to rot. That blue roof is in the secondary section which is reasonably ok, in fact I play football in d secondary section as of last month

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by warrenweste(m): 11:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
iHart:
Wait oh, is what I am seeing in the third picture a lizard, monitor lizard, alligator or crocodile?
. Super sharp. Eyes � cheesy

Na monitor lizard

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by zomby(m): 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
There goes the future of Nigeria...A country that stops advancing educational standard of the children or students has no future.

Indian happens to be another poor and unstable country, but the Indian leaders never stop educating children/ students. Schools and education standard in Indian remain unshakable.

Our leaders rather waste so much money on buying brand new bulletproof Range Rovers for the new Governors, pay Senators unbelievable salaries and lavishly renovate state houses/ state offices all across the country....Education or medical standard goes on the back-burner.

Even Donald trump on his bad day is still better than the best leader in Africa.

Sad people and a very sad situation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by vicfajeze: 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
SLAP44:

NO SIR,BUT NNEWI!!

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by iHart(m): 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
warrenweste:

. Super sharp. Eyes � cheesy

Na monitor lizard
I hope it is not a threat to the pupils?
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by easzypeaszy(m): 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2019
I saw one animal standing in the 3rd pics...who notice it pls

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by warrenweste(m): 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
iHart:
I hope it is not a threat to the pupils?
Threat ke for where they will soon kill..dissect it and roast it, there are so many monitor lizards scattered all over Ibadan a public school. Like that comes with many rude boys who will deal with it(the monitor lizard) in no time

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by AmazingELixir: 12:00am On Jun 06, 2019
undecided undecided undecided

Op what do you mean by 40 decades ago are you trying to tell me that school is 400 years old.....you better correct yourself before I lodge a report against you for abuse.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Realbelieveer(m): 12:57am On Jun 06, 2019
SLAP44:

Its owned by an ipob .. Just mark it
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by icon91(m): 1:34am On Jun 06, 2019
@Op, do you mean 40 years abi 400 years(40 decades) ?

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by victorjoe(m): 2:50am On Jun 06, 2019
stainlink:
40 decades is 400 years o.
Haba, 16th century maa ni angry

Who record am?

Define decade, then define century.
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by rottennaija(m): 3:04am On Jun 06, 2019
iHart:
Wait oh, is what I am seeing in the third picture a lizard, monitor lizard, alligator or crocodile?

Yes! Thought I was the only one to see it
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by nannyo(f): 3:54am On Jun 06, 2019
SLAP44:

in as much as Ibadan is dominated by Brown roofs. However, there are varying colours. for instance, my entire school roof is blue and we have several buildings inside the school, all Blue.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Maslib: 5:29am On Jun 06, 2019
SLAP44:

Ajimobi and all other SW governors really tried, their major undoing was paying 60% of their allocation to Tinubu

Is not possible my man , paying 60% of the allocation to someone else is a fat lie .
Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Opiletool(m): 5:58am On Jun 06, 2019
Akolawole:

Illiterates have NEVER rule Oyo state.

Is Uncle Bola Ige(as we call him in the 80's) an illiterate?

Dr Omololu Olunloyo (One of the 3 best mathematician in Nigeria at a time) an illiterate?

Lam Adeshina isn't illiterate

Baba alankara(Ladoja) was a distinction student in his days.

Ajimobi is an MBA holder from United States and rise to the peak of his career before joining politics.

Mention innovative ideas each brought to oyo?
Forget the stupid titles, they all ruled like dumb illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning by Nephygg: 6:14am On Jun 06, 2019
Unbiased1:
lol. And this is the same state that generated more IGR than New York city.

spits..
Says who... Niggas be talking thrash

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Have The Opportunity Of Removing Any Subject From Education (PHOTO) / Lizard Scare In Unilorin : Students And Lecturers Run For Their Lives / Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.