Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing (32632 Views)

Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan / Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) / Pole Stops Trailer From Crashing Into A Woman’s Shop In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by freemi(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2019
okonja:
Turbulence is just normal occurrence in air, it's not a big deal... undecided
it becmes a big deal wen it is serious n obvious. Wt r u sayin? No b frm turbulence crash d start?
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2019
PresidentAtiku:
Sshhhhh..

Crash na crash weda na turbulence induced or failed engine

Go to Google and check if there has ever been any plane crash as a result of turbulence. Try re-reading what you are about to type before posting to remove any doubt that you are indeed just dumb.

7 Likes

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by TSRC: 11:12am On Jun 06, 2019
it is turbulence na.
Even if you enter emirate, it can still happen.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by freemi(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2019
akinjojo1234:
Nigerians are just too local. We really lack knowledge. A plane can never crash no matter the seriousness of the turbulence.

Planes are built to withstand the toughest turbulence.
art student
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Myself2(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2019
Enough of all these scaremongering Biko
Turbulence is nothing but gallop or bumps in the air,,, it's part and parcel of air transportation,,,,,if you are on a planne and the turbulence becomes too much,just recline your seat a bit and imagine you are in a massage chair,,,works well all the time cos e go massage your back wella for you sotey you go come dey vex if the turbulence stop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Codes151(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2019
How did the pilot save people from crash? Where was the crash

Bush people..! Turbulence means crash abi!!

2 Likes

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2019
freemi:
art student

Another very dull Nigerian. It's no wonder we are this backward, smh undecided

4 Likes

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by talk2tosep(m): 11:15am On Jun 06, 2019
I pray never to fly in Nigeria...
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by naijanative: 11:16am On Jun 06, 2019
yinchar:
Nigerians never cease to amaze me.

The chances or odds of a plane crashing from turbulence is 1 in 11 million.

Yes! You read it correctly.

Next time when there is turbulence, just relax and sleep.

You're right friend

2 Likes

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by aAK1(m): 11:16am On Jun 06, 2019
[quote author=akinjojo1234 post=79068865]Nigerians are just too local. We really lack knowledge. A plane can never crash no matter the seriousness of the turbulence.

Planes are built to withstand the toughest turbulence.[/quote
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by philip0906(m): 11:16am On Jun 06, 2019
yinchar:

And what if that happened to be the 1 in the 11 million?

6 Likes

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by freemi(m): 11:18am On Jun 06, 2019
akinjojo1234:

Another very dull Nigerian. It's no wonder we are this backward, smh undecided
ok u dn win. Bye

2 Likes

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 06, 2019
aAK1:
who is this olodo. Your attempt at trying look enlightened just made you look stupid.

No need to respond to you. You lack brain cells
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Sonnobax15(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2019
I must commend the pilot on this 1....crashinq a plane in calabar would have had no option 4 a second life,perhaps a niqhtmare...maybe they would have died at the spot or the human flesh eatinq calabarians would have dealt with their flesh mercilessly...btw,thank God 4 a successful plane crash!
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Amuocha: 11:20am On Jun 06, 2019
Buhari sef
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by agarawu23(m): 11:20am On Jun 06, 2019
Turbulence from Abuja to calabar and they are panicking and hailing the pilot ? I laugh in Chinese

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by 15ssDRIVE(m): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2019
Scatterscatter:
The last time I was on a flight that experienced serious turbulence, I quietly opened the door of the plane and came down before people will rush and follow me.

Me wey get sense lipsrsealed

GBA.... no selfie ??
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Karemarealty288(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2019
Scatterscatter:
The last time I was on a flight that experienced serious turbulence, I quietly opened the door of the plane and came down before people will rush and follow me.
grin
Me wey get sense lipsrsealed

That one na Edo broom flight...

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by PresidentAtiku(m): 11:29am On Jun 06, 2019
akinjojo1234:

Go to Google and check if there has ever been any plane crash as a result of turbulence. Try re-reading what you are about to type before posting to remove any doubt that you are indeed just dumb.
Awon readers

For your mind now

cheesy
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by toprealman: 11:31am On Jun 06, 2019
Pilot will be like..... what's the applause for?
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by obailala(m): 11:33am On Jun 06, 2019
Nigerians! Anything that happens in a plane is described as "almost crashed". In aviation historyxl, turbulence isnt known to crash planes at all, they can make a flight unpleasant, but doesnt bring any plane down.

Just the other day, a pilot missed the right touchdown point at MMIA and had to return to the air for another landing attempt which turned out successful. Screaming headlines appeared everywhere - OBJ escapes death in plane crash!!! Haba!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by pek(m): 11:33am On Jun 06, 2019
freemi:
art student
What sense have you made now?
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by majestique(f): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2019
akinjojo1234:
Nigerians are just too local. We really lack knowledge. A plane can never crash no matter the seriousness of the turbulence.

Turbulence can cause plane crashes, either as the primary reason for an accident or a contributing factor.
According to the FAA, 234 turbulence accidents occurred from 1980 to 2008 resulting in 298 serious injuries and three fatalities. Of those serious injuries, 184 victims were flight attendants and 114 were passengers. Of the three fatalities, two were passengers who were not wearing their seat belts while the fasten seatbelt sign was on. Most turbulence-related accidents occur at or above 30,000 feet and many are linked to passengers not being securely fastened in their seats.

In 1966, a British Overseas Airways plane crashed and the tail fin tore apart after experiencing winds in excess of 140 miles per hour. In 1968, turbulence tore a wing off a Wien Consolidated Airlines flight in Alaska. More recently, in 2009 an Air France flight flew into a storm. In an attempt to steer away from inclement weather, the pilot sent the plane into an aerodynamic stall, which caused the plane to crash. In that tragedy, a combination of turbulence, airspeed sensor malfunction and most likely pilot error all contributed to the crash.
https://www.slackdavis.com/blog/can-turbulence-cause-a-plane-to-crash/

2 Likes

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Triniti(m): 11:48am On Jun 06, 2019
Plane go just shake small, Nigerians onboard will start speaking in tongues. I wish Nigerians can travel long distance by water, so that they can feel what real turbulence is

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by majestique(f): 11:50am On Jun 06, 2019
I'm very sure many people criticizing will scream the loudest when hit by severe turbulence at 3500 feet above sea level...hmmm...let me not talk oo
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by AntiWailer: 11:50am On Jun 06, 2019
akinjojo1234:

Tell them when you are onboard.

In that turbulence at times, the plane act as if it is falling.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by luluosas(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2019
Thank God for the safe landing
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Timagex(m): 11:52am On Jun 06, 2019
yinchar:

. You mind expanding on this sir?

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2019
akinjojo1234:

Not when the plan is over 50years

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atleast Nigeria Is Visa Free To One Strong European Country; Andorra / Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos / Twin Tanker Explosion At Sagamu Forces Interchange Bridge Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.