Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,960 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing (32640 Views)

Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan / Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) / Pole Stops Trailer From Crashing Into A Woman’s Shop In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Ebeano49(m): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2019
okonja:
Turbulence is just normal occurrence in air, it's not a big deal... undecided

Easy to say when you are not on the plane, experiencing the purbulence yourself. All your rational reasoning capability will desert you sad

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 06, 2019
Timagex:
. You mind
expanding on this sir?
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by pek(m): 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2019
The way people use words, you begin to wonder if they know the meanings in the first place. How can associate save with an aircraft? Pilot saves a plane... Hmmmm
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by geloorrrrdd(m): 12:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
yinchar:
Nigerians never cease to amaze me.

The chances or odds of a plane crashing from turbulence is 1 in 11 million.

Yes! You read it correctly.

Next time when there is turbulence, just relax and sleep.

We don't know whether it was turbulence that caused some of the plane crashes we know.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by freemi(m): 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
pek:
What sense have you made now?
it ws a mistake pls forgve m. I wont do it again

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Elvisu: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
I had a similar experience on monday afternoon. Abuja to Lagos with airpeace. it was not funny. The plane passed through thick cloud and God took control. Thanks be to God.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by AgreatMan: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
okonja:
Turbulence is just normal occurrence in air, it's not a big deal... undecided

It is a normal occurrence, and not much a big when the plane is good condition. But when the plane is hit by a storm and starts shaking like it will scarter, then it's not
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by kalufelix(m): 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nigerians spewing trash cos they not on the damn aircraft. That's how selfish and insensitive they have become as a people.

I hope you all relax and sleep when "turbulence" hits your life

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Jarus(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
I used to be extremely relaxed in plane no matter the degree of turbulence, but since I lost a close person in the Ethiopian crash of March 10, every slight issue inside an aircraft scares me stiff.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by opribo(m): 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
It's not their time yet, meanwhile kudos he crew for a good job.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by wink2015(m): 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
Lizzysamuel:
Here is a video showing how tensed Air Peace passengers were after a plane experienced a severe turbulence in the air today's evening.

According to reports, the flight took off from Abuja for Calabar and after the scary moment in the air, the pilot later landed safely.

The excited passengers showered encomium on the pilot and clapped for him as well.

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/passengers-reaction-after-a-pilot-saved-a-plane-en-route-calabar-from-crashing/

AIRFLIGHT IS NOW LIFE AND DEATH ISSUES.

May BADNEWS never be our portion in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Scatterscatter:
The last time I was on a flight that experienced serious turbulence, I quietly opened the door of the plane and came down before people will rush and follow me.

Me wey get sense lipsrsealed

Calabar weed at work.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by okonja(m): 12:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ebeano49:

Easy to say when you are not on the plane, experiencing the turbulence yourself. All your rational reasoning capability will desert you sad

I have only flown 7 times and experienced it twice. The 2nd time was much for like 10mins Uyo - ABJ but I wasn't bothered as much as the first time From Kano to Lagos which lasted for a min. wink. Na just exaggeration from folks that make flying a big deal.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Mannarich: 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
But from what I heard, turbulence hardly crash planes,it's just a temporary weather disorder even though it's scary.Thank God though.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Jarus(m): 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
majestique:

Turbulence can cause plane crashes, either as the primary reason for an accident or a contributing factor.
According to the FAA, 234 turbulence accidents occurred from 1980 to 2008 resulting in 298 serious injuries and three fatalities. Of those serious injuries, 184 victims were flight attendants and 114 were passengers. Of the three fatalities, two were passengers who were not wearing their seat belts while the fasten seatbelt sign was on. Most turbulence-related accidents occur at or above 30,000 feet and many are linked to passengers not being securely fastened in their seats.

In 1966, a British Overseas Airways plane crashed and the tail fin tore apart after experiencing winds in excess of 140 miles per hour. In 1968, turbulence tore a wing off a Wien Consolidated Airlines flight in Alaska. More recently, in 2009 an Air France flight flew into a storm. In an attempt to steer away from inclement weather, the pilot sent the plane into an aerodynamic stall, which caused the plane to crash. In that tragedy, a combination of turbulence, airspeed sensor malfunction and most likely pilot error all contributed to the crash.
https://www.slackdavis.com/blog/can-turbulence-cause-a-plane-to-crash/

This stat says it all.

Over 28 years (1980 - 2008), 3 persons died from turbulence issues and it was because of not fastening seat belt (probably hitting head against something or a trauma), not that the plane crashed.

You were able to dig out only 3 air crashes in history from turbulence - one in 1966, another in 1968 and another in 2009. Millions of air travels in that period. And in almost all the 3 cases, turbulence was only a contributory factor, pilot error was the main issue.

Still supports the stat that chance of accident happening from turbulence is extremely low.

PS:
Knowing this stat since about 10 years ago, I always felt relaxed no matter the turbulence, but since the crash of March 10 where I lost a senior friend, I get scared at any slight issue now. I hope I overcome it and return to my good old days of enjoying flight.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by gamechanger1: 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
francescainnoce:
very scary..
I remember when I asked for permission to leave the plane from the US to the UK becos of FLIGHT-FRIGHT. it was and still and always will be one day I'd never forget. FLYING ON AN aeroplane IS LIKE HANGING on a tree just on your neck tie on a windy day.
Believe me theres nothing to fear. Turbulence is normal, it has NEVER caused a crash.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Kakamorufu(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
hahaha. turbulence lasan na im dey make una fear.

lol grin
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Kennydoc(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
francescainnoce:
very scary..
I remember when I asked for permission to leave the plane from the US to the UK becos of FLIGHT-FRIGHT. it was and still and always will be one day I'd never forget. FLYING ON AN aeroplane IS LIKE HANGING on a tree just on your neck tie on a windy day.

You simply described suicide by hanging. Is flying that bad? I hope you know flying is still the safest means of transport.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by majestique(f): 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
To be honest i understand everyone's point but i can assure you that it is easier said than done. people may not understand what it means to board a plane, take off and land successfully until they become that " 1 in 11 million" (like someone said) unfortunate soul(s) to experience a crash as a result of turbulence. I used to be a very carefree person until i experienced the pain of accident maybe that's why i know better.
Jarus:

This stat says it all.

Over 28 years (1980 - 2008), 3 persons died from turbulence issues and it was because of not fastening seat belt (probably hitting head against something or a trauma), not that the plane crashed.

You were able to dig out only 3 air crashes in history from turbulence - one in 1966, another in 1968 and another in 2009. Millions of air travels in that period. And in almost all the 3 cases, turbulence was only a contributory factor, pilot error was the main issue.

Still supports the stat that chance of accident happening from turbulence is extremely low.

PS:
Knowing this stat since about 10 years ago, I always felt relaxed no matter the turbulence, but since the crash of March 10 where I lost a senior friend, I get scared at any slight issue now. I hope I overcome it and return to my good old days of enjoying flight.

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by es144000: 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
No plane has crashed because of air turbulence
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Jarus(m): 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
majestique:
To be honest i understand everyone's point but i can assure you that it is easier said than done. people may not understand what it means to board a plane, take off and land successfully until they become that " 1 in 11 million" (like someone said) unfortunate soul(s) to experience a crash as a result of turbulence. I used to be a very carefree person until i experienced the pain of accident maybe that's why i know better.

Same here. I used to be very carefree. I just sleep off no matter how short the flight is. In fact, I had been in a very severe turbulence before, Doha-Lagos in January 2013. I was still very calm.

But since that ET incident in March this year, flying has never been the same for me again.

Pius Adesanmi that died in the Ethiopian crash in March was a close friend. I never thought I would know someone personally in a plane crash. Since that incident, all the about 10 or so times I had flown between March and today, I got scared at the slightest issue - even mild turbulence. It's scary.

2 Likes

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by correctguy101(m): 12:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
Which kain ppl full dis thread sef? Nawa o...
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Deltatoto: 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
Scatterscatter:
The last time I was on a flight that experienced serious turbulence, I quietly opened the door of the plane and came down before people will rush and follow me.

Me wey get sense, I can't come and dielipsrsealed
poor man pikin u mistook plane for keke

1 Like

Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by freg2000: 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
Why all the noise about turbulence. Once a place try to behave in a funny way in the air, I take my hand luggage and jump down waka home. Stop disturbing us with noises
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Rowlandjude(m): 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
freemi:
it becmes a big deal wen it is serious n obvious. Wt r u sayin? No b frm turbulence crash d start?
Sorry eeh, go and google turbulence.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by Rowlandjude(m): 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
Sonnobax15:
I must commend the pilot on this 1....crashinq a plane in calabar would have had no option 4 a second life,perhaps a niqhtmare...maybe they would have died at the spot or the human flesh eatinq calabarians would have dealt with their flesh mercilessly...btw,thank God 4 a successful plane crash!
A foolish fool spotted.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by planetx: 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
francescainnoce:
very scary..
You left the plane in mid flight or when cause I am not understanding.
Re: Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing by InvertedHammer: 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
yinchar:
Nigerians never cease to amaze me.

The chances or odds of a plane crashing from turbulence is 1 in 11 million.

Yes! You read it correctly.

Next time when there is turbulence, just relax and sleep.

/
grin

But then thinking about it, this could have been that 1 in 11million.

Life too sweet Nigerians.

/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Allen Onyema: US Court Acquits Air Peace Boss, Fines Mayfield $4000 / Owode Elede: Trapped In Flood — Residents Of Lagos Community Struggle To Survive / Twin Tanker Explosion At Sagamu Forces Interchange Bridge Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.