Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons (27859 Views)

National Convention: Buhari Puts Off Meeting With APC Governors / Appeal Court Puts Off Hearing In Oshiomhole’s Appeal / Donald Trump Puts Off Sanctions Targeting Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by mightyhaze: 7:21am On Jun 06, 2019
lol,Gando ole,..the apple of the fake antikwarrapshan heros eye

Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:22am On Jun 06, 2019
This governor is just trying to downgrade the Kano emirate. ...I just hope he knows what he is doing.tomorrow will count for him
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by SirBunky85(m): 7:24am On Jun 06, 2019
Goldenonyx:
The motive is very clear but the reason given is a slap to all intellectuals in the state
are u from kano state?always crying more dan d bereaved
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 06, 2019
handie:
Ganduje is a power drunk nincompoop. They claim to be leaders but their only concern is power and yet more power..... Security report my foot!!! Were they not at the same praying ground just two days back? Why was there no breach of peace? One thing power drunk idiots forget is that power is transient. As for the Emir, I seriously don't understand why he, a royal father would engage in partisan politics. In all, ma them them

Sanusis Fault was just saying people of kano should vote for their own choice. I don't see how that is partisan. You can't be seen all over the world stuffing $$$ bribe in ur attire while smiling foolishly & expect an educated right taking leader to endorse you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Rockandroll(m): 7:26am On Jun 06, 2019
[quote author=Wisdom58 post=79061219]Kano State government has cancelled the annual traditional Sallah event known as, Hawan Nassarawa, slated for Thursday 6th June, 2019, for security reasons.

Dailypost reports that Hawan Nasarawa is a traditional visit by reigning emir of Kano to the governor at the Government House two days after Eid as a mark of allegiance to the political authority.
However, a statement on Wednesday night by Malam Abba Anwar, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Kano State explained that after security meeting that was held between governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje with all the security agencies, concerning all Sallah celebrations, as it is usually done, there was intelligence report for the fear of breach of peace during the upcoming event.
The statement therefore said: “It is clear to all that, Governor Ganduje is a peace loving leader, who doesn’t toy with safety and security of his people and all other citizens living in Kano.

“For this reason and as a result of the intelligence report, the state government is not relenting, and it declares Hawan Nassarawa cancelled.

“After the security meeting the Kano Metropolitan Emirate Council was duly informed about the terrifying intelligence report and the cancellation of Hawan Nassarawa.”

Anwar therefore advised the people to “move and feel free in these days of Sallah celebration and beyond. As every measure for the state to remain peaceful is taken with all seriousness.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/06/06/ganduje-puts-off-emir-sanusis-visit-gives-reason/amp/[/Kano people rejected him and him rigged himself back to power. Whatever he does now will be revisited after 4 yrs]
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 06, 2019
hush15:

Yes o. Two buffoons disturbing the peace and tranquility of the good people of this country with their rubbish.
I hope SLS now understand that being in the position of authority is a delicate one. The next 4years will be storming for him. I hope he survives to go apologize to GEJ
This has nothing to do with GEJ. Though I concede he was wrong to have been an alarmist without evidence in GEJ's time, this scenario is totally different. The evidence now is too clear for anybody with conscience to shy away from
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by israelmao(m): 7:28am On Jun 06, 2019
Ganduje will soon receive Samel Doe's treatment in Kano,he is run fast of the path that leads to destruction though I have no atom of pity for Sanusi because nemesis is catching up with him.
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by SirBunky85(m): 7:28am On Jun 06, 2019
DjCandyMusic:
I wonder if all these nothern kings have power at all.. In the southwest no governor can be as much as powerful... Ajimobi tried it.. Akala tried it but they are not very powerful to succeed... Why are the Kano elites not speaking for Sanusi
u lots are now demonizing ganduje.na sanusi even suppose dey for that seat?wasn't his installation as emir political? una go just dey rant anyhow like say sanusi no first f.up by usurping the emir's seat wch ordinarily wasn't his

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Mynightmare: 7:30am On Jun 06, 2019
Anwar therefore advised the people to “move and feel free in these days of Sallah celebration and beyond. As every measure for the state to remain peaceful is taken with all seriousness.”
They are even contradicting their self..for you to be a buhari supporter you have to exchange ur sanity with insanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by veesion: 7:40am On Jun 06, 2019
I REALLY WONDER WHY such RARE INTELLECTUAL STOOPED SO LOW to take up this EMIR WHATever

Traditional rulers in Nigeria have lost their taste long time ago
Let him keep facing the music � E follow do himself
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 06, 2019
SirBunky85:
u lots are now demonizing ganduje.na sanusi even suppose dey for that seat?wasn't his installation as emir political? una go just dey rant anyhow like say sanusi no first f.up by usurping the emir's seat wch ordinarily wasn't his

There was nothing political, Sanusi has full rights to d throne after all his dad was refused in favor of the late Ado Bayero, Sanusi is just getting back his inheritance.

P.S also this does not gurantee his son will still be king after him, it might be d grand son of d previous king
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Xcrapeekoko(m): 7:45am On Jun 06, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Ganduje e don do you naw...so we won't watch emir and his warriors gallop on their horses...such beautiful sight....

Me wey enter town yesterday, no mopol, no military men or even police men. Only a few karota. From BUK new campus all the way to Unguwa uku. I wonder who gave Gandollar that security report. It is well sha!
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 06, 2019
I respect GEJ. Laws of power advises you allow time to deal with some issues. A drop of oil on your shirt will spread if you rush to erase it. Almost all his attackers have gotten enough from same people they imposed on us.
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Aystarz: 7:49am On Jun 06, 2019
Obaakran:
I wonder what's so special about kingship that made that intelligent man stooped so low for it.

Quite a bit. Matafact 1percent derivation off the finances of each of the LGAs
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by watchindelta(m): 7:49am On Jun 06, 2019
Buckubuck:
Leave Ganduje alone. His Waterloo will soon come.
Sanusi is simply unfortunate to have chosen to be the deliverer of comfortable slaves. How will it work?
But Nigerians should know the kind of message we're sending to our politicians. If ganduje after overwhelming evidence can still clinch a primary ticket, not only that, gain support the so-called incorruptible president and still win an election, it shows that perhaps the citizens don't really care about corruption as they claim to.
The question then is what exactly do these citizens care about?
bro help me ask Nigerians what they really want? Yeye citizen
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Lovelyn451(f): 7:49am On Jun 06, 2019
Obaakran:
I wonder what's so special about kingship that made that intelligent man stooped so low for it.
u expect a fulani man to work under a christian(gej)...because he's trying too hard to look liberal
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by awoluyi(m): 7:52am On Jun 06, 2019
Buckubuck:
Leave Ganduje alone. His Waterloo will soon come.
Sanusi is simply unfortunate to have chosen to be the deliverer of comfortable slaves. How will it work?
But Nigerians should know the kind of message we're sending to our politicians. If ganduje after overwhelming evidence can still clinch a primary ticket, not only that, gain support the so-called incorruptible president and still win an election, it shows that perhaps the citizens don't really care about corruption as they claim to.
The question then is what exactly do these citizens care about?

The citizens care about survival. A slave who sees his chain of bondage as an ornament is surely not ready for freedom!

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:52am On Jun 06, 2019
SoNature:
The UK introduced us to modern system of government.

Funnily enough, in their own country, the Prime Minister serves the Queen of England.

But over here, the reverse is the case.

Kings must not just pledge their loyal to an elected government official, but the governors can decide to ruin their reign in the twinkling of an eye.

Sad
the constitution has no role for traditional rulers here...de are just mere rulers nothing more
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by akdjr(m): 7:52am On Jun 06, 2019
Ask queen of England. quote author=Obaakran post=79061692]I wonder what's so special about kingship that made that intelligent man stooped so low for it. [/quote]
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by bixton(m): 7:57am On Jun 06, 2019
SirBunky85:

Where are you getting your history from?
His grandfather was an emir. Do you know how he was dethroned?
I can't tell how the selection of emir is done within the royal house but for years its been too political.
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by klas(m): 7:59am On Jun 06, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
lol. They try to speak without communicating nothing in the end same with their supporters... Security is the reason u cancelled an age long tradition? Yet u said ur residents should go about their daily lives freely? Does it mean u were only concerned about ur own safety?? These Are questions ur foolowers not followers will never ask u because u have rendered them intellectually barren..

In Kano Emirate, there are 3 hawans (Durbars) during a Sallah celebration. Hawan bariki, hawan Daushe and hawan nassarawa. The first two are limited to the old city of Kano around the palace on the 1st and 2nd day of Sallah and they were held successfully. It is the third that take place on the 3rd day that takes the emir out of the old city gates to the newer parts of the city like fagge, sabon gari, up to government house in nasarawa. It is the only occasion that the governor is required to make a speech in response to emir’s homage.

Given the routes to be taken by the emir, what once happened to his predecessor Ado bayero on that route and in the light of current face-off between the palace and the government, the security alert may not be far-fetched.

Also note that Kano anti-corruption agency just before the sallah holidays indicted the emir and recommended his suspension to allow for further investigation. The governor is expected to decide on that recommendation in the next few days. Their meeting in today’s durbar (now suspended) would have been awkward.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by chriskosherbal(m): 7:59am On Jun 06, 2019
Obaakran:
Thank you my bro, I just wonder been a former CBN Governor a brilliant one at that, it won't be a bad idea if he had ran for the position of a state Governor ..

He is far too sound, educated, intelligent and exposed when compared with Ganduje but had to go for kingship ..that will confine you to a palace .
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Trendishine: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2019
SoNature:

Funnily enough, in their own country, the Prime Minister serves the Queen of England.

Kings must not just pledge their loyal to an elected government official, but the governors can decide to ruin their reign in the twinkling of an eye.

Sad
bcoz they started selling dem selves to d British, transient to today's politicians, for greed, loath n personal aggrandizement, at d expense of the people they should be a back bone for, mobilising the interest of their ppl, the interest dat fans the Amber's of their true power.... Now an emirate of over 200 years has be shattered by a thief, n his not finished yet... . This socalled traditional wateva, should be d ones strongly, fiercely n greatly shouting about regionalism, federalism, complete restructuring, splitting into autonomy... But wat do they do?
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by bixton(m): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
the constitution has no role for traditional rulers here...de are just mere rulers nothing more

You seem not to have respect for traditional institutions.
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Otsam(m): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2019
SoNature:

Sad

The kings were also once powerful and respected than the politicians here, but the greed and covetousness of the kings made them trade their honor in the days of the military. The made themselves Esau.
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by modsfucker: 8:05am On Jun 06, 2019
seunmsg:

Nothing will happen to Ganduje. If Sanusi refuse to respect himself and stay clear of politics, he will be deposed and nothing will happen. The former governor of Kebbi state deposed emir Jokolo of Gwandu and that decision remains valid till today. Emir Sanusi is still under the authority of Kano state government and we must not lose sight of that fact.

He canceled the ceremony in the city center and went ahead to attend a mock ceremony in one of the so called political emirates, Bichi.

Then he should have removed him quietly without lessening the power of the Emirate by creating parallel emirates. Ganduje would forever live to regret that decision because power is transient, and I see that decision reversed very soon.

I salute Shekarau for not identifying himself with this drama, because history will never forget anyone who associates himself with this madness.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:07am On Jun 06, 2019
bixton:

You seem not to have respect for traditional institutions.
your useless emotional stance doesn't change anything that is Real...this is why we are clamouring for constitutional reforms to give lga more power so that governors won't ride over lga executives
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by franklyfrank: 8:07am On Jun 06, 2019
seunmsg:

Nothing will happen to Ganduje. If Sanusi refuse to respect himself and stay clear of politics, he will be deposed and nothing will happen. The former governor of Kebbi state deposed emir Jokolo of Gwandu and that decision remains valid till today. Emir Sanusi is still under the authority of Kano state government and we must not lose sight of that fact.
what about akiolu?
Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by Megatrix: 8:11am On Jun 06, 2019
seunmsg:

You're a very big hypocrite. Everyday you come here to inaundate us about how you support buhari for his so called anti corruption stance yet here is an Emir who was bold enough to speak out against corruption, he is being persecuted by the corrupt man and here you are siding with the corrupt thief. HYPOCRITE!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Puts Off Emir Sanusi’s Visit For Security Reasons by bixton(m): 8:12am On Jun 06, 2019
chriskosherbal:
Thank you my bro, I just wonder been a former CBN Governor a brilliant one at that, it won't be a bad idea if he had ran for the position of a state Governor ..

He is far too sound, educated, intelligent and exposed when compared with Ganduje but had to go for kingship ..that will confine you to a palace .

Will it not be awkward for a Prince to a servant to his people rather than the opposite.
Have you seen anyone from the royal house in England or else where or even a duke be gunning to become a prime minister.
E-SLS 2, possess those qualities you highlighted. But to be able to use such to bring transformation within his emirate, he needs to work with a governor to actualise that.
But there's something about the culture of the Northern people that has to be addressed to be able to actualise such.
The north has practically been in power for years and yet so many things are still out of place within their territories.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Disburses ₦123.348bn Grants To States. Bayelsa, Imo, Rivers, Zamfara Get Zero / Ondo: Dignitaries, Residents Pay Last Respects To Akeredolu / Jonathan Already Ordered All MDAs To Operate Single TSA in January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.