Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours (19017 Views)

Chinwendu Odoh: UNN Student Attempts Suicide, Rescued / SS2 Student Attempts Suicide In Sokoto Over “Wrong” Accusation / Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Qarah01(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
To think Bet9ja can't even write Israel correctly.
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Esthered: 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
handie:
Mtcheeew. This one na Mumu. In 2010, I got admitted. My admission got into my head...... When you fail, dust yourself up, learn from ur mistakes, apply the lessons learnt and give it a push again and again till you succeed. SUICIDE IS NEVER AN OPTION.

Wow. Your story is inspiring as you didn't look at how far you ought to have gone. I pray that you go over those that think they have gone ahead of you. All the best in your endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Legendguru: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
more matured adults should be handed admissions not kids
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by chukwuibuipob: 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
sad hopeless and useless boy.Nor be his mate dey spillova twice and nothing do dem. so.Just to wait for 2 months pere..Dey shud flog him join.
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by DonBenny77(m): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
They should av let him die in peace jor, foolish fool
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by BLUEJAYY: 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
handie:
Mtcheeew. This one na Mumu. In 2010, I got admitted. My admission got into my head and I began to think I'm super brilliant to gain admission at 16. I lost focus and it wasn't until my final year (When water don already pass garri) that I woke up from my delusion. Did all that was humanly possible to make up for my past errors (Including not registering some courses in 400 Level so I can have an extra year and more time to prepare for the exams.). Went for clearance in 2016/17 and I learnt that I had a 200 level CO i never re registered for.... And by that time, course registration had expired and I was deemed to have overstayed my time in the school. 4 years wasted! I was demoralised. Me that was the hope of d family fa! Did I contemplate suicide? Not at all..... I believe so far there's life, there certainly will always be hope. I went back, wrote JAMB, got admitted into d same institution (Albeit a different department) and I am already in my 2nd year. Na just one extra year this one get he wan kill himself. Truth is, It's never over unless you give up. Tho, it's hard, When you fail, dust yourself up, learn from ur mistakes, apply the lessons learnt and give it a push again and again till you succeed. SUICIDE IS NEVER AN OPTION.
You're the real STRONG MAN. smiley

Mental stamina and resilience defines success. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Allansmith: 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
[Amen

quote author=Esthered post=79076972]

Wow. Your story is inspiring as you didn't look at how far you ought to have gone. I pray that you go over those that think they have gone ahead of you. All the best in your endeavours. [/quote]
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Allansmith: 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
Wow....You are indeed a strong willed person and like someone mentioned,May we all recover in every way all that has been lost
by God's grace... Suicide is sure not an option....All things be working for our good.

handie:
Mtcheeew. This one na Mumu. In 2010, I got admitted. My admission got into my head and I began to think I'm super brilliant to gain admission at 16. I lost focus and it wasn't until my final year (When water don already pass garri) that I woke up from my delusion. Did all that was humanly possible to make up for my past errors (Including not registering some courses in 400 Level so I can have an extra year and more time to prepare for the exams.). Went for clearance in 2016/17 and I learnt that I had a 200 level CO i never re registered for.... And by that time, course registration had expired and I was deemed to have overstayed my time in the school. 4 years wasted! I was demoralised. Me that was the hope of d family fa! Did I contemplate suicide? Not at all..... I believe so far there's life, there certainly will always be hope. I went back, wrote JAMB, got admitted into d same institution (Albeit a different department) and I am already in my 2nd year. Na just one extra year this one get he wan kill himself. Truth is, It's never over unless you give up. Tho, it's hard, When you fail, dust yourself up, learn from ur mistakes, apply the lessons learnt and give it a push again and again till you succeed. SUICIDE IS NEVER AN OPTION.
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by handie(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
Esthered:

Wow. Your story is inspiring as you didn't look at how far you ought to have gone. I pray that you go over those that think they have gone ahead of you. All the best in your endeavours.
Amen. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by handie(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
Allansmith:
Wow....You are indeed a strong willed person and like someone mentioned,May we all recover in every way all that has been lost
by God's grace... Suicide is sure not an option....All things be working for our good.

Amen.... Thank you
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by AuwalYusuf812(m): 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
Mumu if u know Fail. Abeg Nah me go Fail
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by joshepade(m): 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
grin grin
Penywise:
He should come and read medicine in UNEC...he would have died since.
[color=]
Penywise:
[/color]
Penywise:
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by joshepade(m): 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
grin grin
Penywise:
[color=]
Penywise:
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by joshepade(m): 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
grin grin
Penywise:
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Yungmakavelli: 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
handie:
Very inspirational to me passing through something similar to this but motivated with your write-up

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by handie(m): 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
Yungmakavelli:
Very inspirational to me passing through something similar to this but motivated with your write-up
Hey! Just believe in yourself...... I know you can do it and you gon do it. At the end of the day, we'll all have course to celebrate and a story to tell that will motivate others never to give up.
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by asalimpo(m): 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
handie:
you know,you should write a book. Create a youtube channel. Create a blog. Any medium to share your story to more ppl. Even if 1 person only get inspired by it,that's a major success. Sometimes, ppl are too enamoured with the size of their problems. When they encounter those who had similar but far worse sh*tuations yet overcame-maybe-they may do a rethink.
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by handie(m): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
asalimpo:

you know,you should write a book. Create a youtube channel. Create a blog. Any medium to share your story to more ppl. Even if 1 person only get inspired by it,that's a major success. Sometimes, ppl are too enamoured with the size of their problems. When they encounter those who had similar but far worse sh*tuations yet overcame-maybe-they may do a rethink.
I get your point.....But my story is still in process. I'll certainly share it when I graduate. I feel it will be more inspiring then
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
Iyajelili:
Learn from your mistakes,Spill and write your carry over course with the aim of passing this time then graduate and be useful. I know people who collected certificate of attendance and are still alive doing everything possible to start all over.

Children of nowadays sef

Hard guy hard guy, when depression hit you, na you go still come nairaland come cry.

If someone attempts suicide, the person is beyond motivational speeches or advice, he needs help medical and psychological.

Many people are yet to understand the destructive force and power depression has.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by adetes: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
Student that failed more than one course didn't commit suicide, useless animal

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
handie:

Why do Nigerians like comparing their problems to other people’s?

Do you know what the guy is going through on the side?

See ehn bros, as no two people are the same is also as no two people can react the same way to the same problem. The reactions will always be different and with varying degrees of destruction.

I commend you for your steadfastness and perseverance but the blunt truth is that is for you alone to bear/enjoy/relish. Some other person(s) might not have fared so well.

Depression is slowly gaining traction in Nigeria and bashing people who are depressed will not solve the problem.

A psychologist once said; “the worst thing you can do to any depressed person is compare his problems and worries to others. What they need is slow prodding and positive reaffirmations which can be in form of support from friends and family or visits to a therapist. In the case of chronic depression, antidepressants should be prescribed”.

Next time, when you meet someone that’s depressed or has attempted suicide, I hope you are able to manage the person properly and not talk about how your own problem was worse than his.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Thegreat97: 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Depression is real...
I'm also a student of EKSU
Please do not be so quick to judge him..
Here in Eksu,failling a course in the final stage means extra year,as SUMMER has already been cancelled.
An extra year means,paying a new school fees for just one course(75 plus) paying portal fee (4600)
paying smartschool(6,100)
faculty due(8k)
attending class for only one course....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thegreat97:
Depression is real...
I'm also a student of EKSU
Please do not be so quick to judge him..
Here in Eksu,failling a course in the final stage means extra year,as SUMMER has already been cancelled.
An extra year means,paying a new school fees for just one course(75 plus) paying portal fee (4600)
paying smartschool(6,100)
faculty due(8k)
attending class for only one course....

I understand you brother. Stay strong.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Promise47(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
handie:
Thanks bro. Why say die when there's still life to be lived?
guy call me 09039056134 or give me ur number or what's app me I beg u

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by femi4: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
The fear of ACC 411 grin
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by blackgold2018(m): 5:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
mrAMG2:

Hard guy hard guy, when depression hit you, na you go still come nairaland come cry.

If someone attempts suicide, the person is beyond motivational speeches or advice, he needs help medical and psychological.

Many people are yet to understand the destructive force and power depression has.
no bro I don't agree with you.
No matter what you're go through in life, only the week take suicide as an option
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by blackgold2018(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
mrAMG2:

Why do Nigerians like comparing their problems to other people’s?

Do you know what the guy is going through on the side?

See ehn bros, as no two people are the same is also as no two people can react the same way to the same problem. The reactions will always be different and with varying degrees of destruction.

I commend you for your steadfastness and perseverance but the blunt truth is that is for you alone to bear/enjoy/relish. Some other person(s) might not have fared so well.

Depression is slowly gaining traction in Nigeria and bashing people who are depressed will not solve the problem.

A psychologist once said; “the worst thing you can do to any depressed person is compare his problems and worries to others. What they need is slow prodding and positive reaffirmations which can be in form of support from friends and family or visits to a therapist. In the case of chronic depression, antidepressants should be prescribed”.

Next time, when you meet someone that’s depressed or has attempted suicide, I hope you are able to manage the person properly and not talk about how your own problem was worse than his.
Mental Straight... People ain't the same level.
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
blackgold2018:
no bro I don't agree with you.
No matter what you're go through in life, only the week take suicide as an option

I’m not saying suicide is an option but try and understand how bad it has deteriorated for someone to think about suicide.

Just think
Re: Ekiti State University Student Attempts Suicide Over Failure In One Of His Cours by khalidx: 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
handie:
bro you are strong.
God bless you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Office In Owerri Burnt (Pictures) / I Worked To Raise $6,000 For Libyan love-vendor ─kidnapped Schoolgirl / 3 Suspects Including A Woman Caught While Trafficking 56kg Of Marijuana. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.