Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Sexual Coercion: ‘you’re A Monster,’ Accuser Tells Us Bishop, Eddie Long - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sexual Coercion: ‘you’re A Monster,’ Accuser Tells Us Bishop, Eddie Long (901 Views)

Muoka's Accuser Juliet Ezeonye-Idu In Prison In Prison Now / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Disgraced Bishop, Eddie Long Finally Quit New Birth Church!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexual Coercion: ‘you’re A Monster,’ Accuser Tells Us Bishop, Eddie Long by zibe(m): 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
Sexual coercion: ‘You’re a monster,’ accuser tells US bishop
From sunnewspapers
Thursday, September 30, 2010

One of the young men who has accused an American pastor in Georgia of sexual coercion told Atlanta television station WAGA that he wanted to send a message to Bishop Eddie Long: “You are not a man. You are a monster.”

“I cannot get the sound of his voice out of my head, I cannot forget the smell of his cologne and I cannot forget the way that he made me cry many nights when I drove in his cars on the way home,” Jamal Parris, 23, told a WAGA reporter who traveled to Colorado to interview him.

Parris, a former church employee and personal assistant to Long filed one of four lawsuits last week accusing the Baptist televangelist of coercing young male church members into having sex with him.

Long’s spokesman, Art Franklin, has said that the pastor “categorically and adamantly denies” the allegations, adding that they were “a case of retaliation and a shakedown for money by men with some serious credibility issues.” Long’s Attorney Craig Gillen said Wednesday that Long’s accusers and their lawyers were unfairly trying the pastor in the media. “The appropriate place to try lawsuits is in the courtroom,” Gillen said. “There are rules on how civil litigation is to take place and how counsel should conduct themselves, we intend to follow those rules.”

Speaking from the pulpit of his New Birth Missionary Baptist Church Sunday, Long said he would fight the allegations, but did not address specific accusations. “I am not the man that has been portrayed on television,” he told his congregation.

But Parris told WAGA that his suffering was real, and he had a message for Long. “That man cannot look me in the eye and tell me we did not live this pain. While you can sit in front of the church and tell them that you categorically deny it, you can’t say that to our face,” he said. “And you know this. You are not a man. You are a monster.

Re: Sexual Coercion: ‘you’re A Monster,’ Accuser Tells Us Bishop, Eddie Long by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2010
why didnt they report him after the first incident??

something smells fishy here
Re: Sexual Coercion: ‘you’re A Monster,’ Accuser Tells Us Bishop, Eddie Long by Jenwitemi(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2010
Touch and judge not "his" anointed. Why so many of his "anointeds" are such sleaze balls could be traced back to the nature of "his very self". cool
Re: Sexual Coercion: ‘you’re A Monster,’ Accuser Tells Us Bishop, Eddie Long by Jenwitemi(m): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2010
shocked Grown men crying too? WTF?!
MrPrsdent:

why didnt they report him after the first incident??

something smells fishy here
Re: Sexual Coercion: ‘you’re A Monster,’ Accuser Tells Us Bishop, Eddie Long by zibe(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2010
Yea, something smells fishy cos I don't know why the four guys found it better to report now. Then again, I don't know why a whole bishop of a church will send pics of him in tight clothing to some teenagers.
Re: Sexual Coercion: ‘you’re A Monster,’ Accuser Tells Us Bishop, Eddie Long by kokoye(m): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
'Thy rod and thy staff, they follow me.'

(1) (Reply)

When Was The Bible Written? / Is It Normal To Store Sallah Meat(eran Ileya)in D Fridge After D Salah? / Biblical Exposition On The Falsehood Of "judge Not"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.