Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? (7451 Views)

One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by twhy111(m): 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
liberalchick:
Well this is your opinion and it is not a fact, no matter how much you dance around it, the definition of submission is not VAGUE and young women are not confused. It is defined clearly in the dictionary and the Bible. At the end of the day, women will decide and do what they think its best for them and their family not because of what some faux intellect said on the internet.

and what's the proper definition the dictionary and the Bible has given to submission?? You have just decided to coined it to suit yourself.
We're in a world we're the women folks keep asking for more and tends to question everything just because they want to keep at par with the male folks.
Go and check the dictionary and be truthful to yourself

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
Acidosis:

Two captains don't drive a ship. Same with an aircraft, a car, etc. In the workplace, there will always be one superior. You can't have two CEOs managing same business unit. A state can't have two Presidents; Osibanjo with his Ph.D in Law MUST submit to Baba Daura as far as governance is concerned.

Hierarchically, one partner must submit to the order. A man can decide to submit to you if he wants to, but two can't submit to each other.

Submission means allowing an higher authority evaluate a decision that will, or might affect, the entire institution. For any marriage to work, submission is sacrosanct and non-negotiable.

I know my opinion won't go down well with you, but relax, women have estrogen for a reason. Even when the brain doesn't want to submit, your hormone will.
grin
Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Submission means to do the will of someone else irrespective of your own preference.

A big joke, I tell you.

Me be a submissive wife? With the way my mind works?

Ok.
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by liberalchick(f): 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
First, I want to thank you for replying with a post that is relevant to the thread.

I think you misunderstood me. What I was saying is that the definition of ‘submissive’ is not vague or long winded, the definition is simple “to yield to an authority” in both dictionary and bible. All these quotes in the Bible defined it as such.

Genesis 3:16
Hebrews 13:17
1 Corinthians 14:34
Titus 2:5
1 Peter 3:5-6
Ephesians 5:21-25
Colossians 3:18-24

So, as an earlier poster said, it seemed most people are uncomfortable with the real definition of the word and try to ascribe unrelated actions to the word. So my opinion which is not a fact is why hang on to a word you obviously don’t agree with and let’s all just agree that women should respect their husbands, earned respect that is.

twhy111:
and what's the proper definition the dictionary and the Bible has given to submission?? You have just decided to coined it to suit yourself.
We're in a world we're the women folks keep asking for more and tends to question everything just because they want to keep at par with the male folks.
Go and check the dictionary and be truthful to yourself

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Daeylar(f): 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
Apt.
doitforyou:
[b]There is nothing like "what does submission mean to you?" the word submission only means one thing "to yield to a higher authority". The meaning of the world will NEVER change no matter how much some Nigerian women dance around it when asked. Most Nigerian women will start by " I believe i should submit BUT" because they don't want to be bashed for rejecting that word or they start with "I am a christian so I have to BUT" most women will NOT subscribe to the real definition of 'Submission'. As you can see with the responses on this thread, most will start with standard "I believe women should submit but" will then go on to explain scenarios that are NOT submissive ones cheesy cheesy

For example is just like how some women will say "I am not a feminist because" and then go on to describe feminism, all because they don't want to be tagged with the 'dirty' word. See as some women on this thread are ascribing non submissive scenarios to the word "submissive" [/b]
because women have been conditioned that respect and submission mean the same thing.

The right question will be "do you subscribe to submission in a marriage?" NO. RESPECT is much better.

2 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Acidosis(m): 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Calm down. This post screams of aggression. I appreciate your opinion well and well.

Yes, it screams of aggression because you've consistently aborted all efforts to mentor you and put you on the right track.
Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by crackhaus: 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
breakerofchains:
Submission means to do the will of someone else irrespective of your own preference.

A big joke, I tell you.

Me be a submissive wife? With the way my mind works?

Ok.
grin
Wrong.
That is exactly what the anti-submission brigade want women to believe.

Six Things Submission Is NOT
1. Submission is NOT agreeing on everything.

2. Submission does NOT mean leaving your brain at the altar.

3. Submission does NOT mean you do not try to influence your husband.

4. Submission is NOT putting the will of the husband before the will of Christ.

5. Submission does NOT mean getting all her (spiritual) strength through her husband.

6. Submission does NOT mean living or acting in fear.

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/six-things-submission-is-not

3 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by doitforyou(f): 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
liberalchick:
Yawn

You keep bringing up my marital status like it’s supposed to be some sort of handicap shocked

I am not going to go back and forth with you, I quoted you because I COULD, and you have replied even though your posts had absolutely nothing do with the thread. Now, this exchange is no longer useful to me. I will leave you in your virtual world where you believe you are king and people actually care about what you think.

This part made me laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and "faux intellect" I was wondering who was going to read all that epistle for a simple definition of 'submissive' I blame the internet lol. Most of his posts were without logic, talking about because you are married so you shouldn't contribute to a thread you were invited to and discuss a topic that was a question posed to married people. shocked

3 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by crackhaus: 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
doitforyou:

This part made me laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and "faux intellect" I was wondering we was going to read all that epistle for a simple definition of 'submissive' I blame the internet lol. Most of his posts were without logic, talking about because you are married so you shouldn't contribute to a thread you were invited to and discuss a topic that was a question posed to married people. shocked

And this one registered yesterday.
Another Muppet... grin

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
crackhaus:

Wrong.
That is exactly what the anti-submission brigade wants women to believe.

Six Things Submission Is NOT
1. Submission is NOT agreeing on everything.

2. Submission does NOT mean leaving your brain at the altar.

3. Submission does NOT mean you do not try to influence your husband.

4. Submission is NOT putting the will of the husband before the will of Christ.

5. Submission does NOT mean getting all her (spiritual) strength through her husband.

6. Submission does NOT mean living or acting in fear.

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/six-things-submission-is-not

I DON'T CARE.

Submission or no submission, no one, especially a man will tell me how to live my life. I can think for myself and make my own decisions.

Dey your dey.

Period.

5 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by crackhaus: 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
breakerofchains:

I DON'T CARE.

Submission or no submission, no one, especially a man will tell me how to live my life. I can think for myself and make my own decisions.

Dey your dey.

Period.
If those are the kind of men you've been dating, you must check yourself.

2 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Acidosis(m): 7:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
breakerofchains:

[s]
I DON'T CARE.

Dey your dey.

Period. [/s]

It takes only a kiss from a sweet boy to dissolve and scatter this mentality.

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
crackhaus:

If those are the kind of men you've been dating, you must check yourself.

Mtcheew... block button pleaasse

2 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by liberalchick(f): 7:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
Go girl!!

breakerofchains:

I DON'T CARE.

Dey your dey.

Period.

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Ranchhoddas: 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
In a football team there's a captain. The man is the captain. It does not mean the others are less than. In fact it's the only way a marriage would work. Unless the roles are reversed which is an anomaly.
It's only on the internet that women do not submit grin grin grin
Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by crackhaus: 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
liberalchick:
Go girl!!

You seem really disturbed by my aura.
Have I hurt you before, or do I remind you of someone who hurt you? grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Ranchhoddas: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
Acidosis:

Two captains don't drive a ship. Same with an aircraft, a car, etc. In the workplace, there will always be one superior. You can't have two CEOs managing same business unit. A state can't have two Presidents; Osibanjo with his Ph.D in Law MUST submit to Baba Daura as far as governance is concerned.

Hierarchically, one partner must submit to the order. A man can decide to submit to you if he wants to, but two can't submit to each other.

Submission means allowing an higher authority evaluate a decision that will, or might affect, the entire institution. For any marriage to work, submission is sacrosanct and non-negotiable.

I know my opinion won't go down well with you, but relax, women have estrogen for a reason. Even when the brain doesn't want to submit, your hormone will

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you grin grin cheesy

Women are wired to go after men they can submit to. Women do not even like a man they would not be able to defer to.

This is why they go for men of higher status; richer smarter, more influential. It is so that they can submit.
They know what submission is; the smart ones anyway. They just have to feel among the happening women so they twist issues to seem like submission is a slave-master relationship.

Crackhaus has done a perfect job.

It's just posturing. It's 2019 and everyone has to sound woke. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by crackhaus: 7:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
Acidosis:

It takes only a kiss from a sweet boy to dissolve and scatter this mentality.

grin grin

And money, let's not forget that.

This is all show for the internet.
These girls become very submissive around generous men with very deep pockets.
Wives too with wealthy husbands.

3 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Acidosis(m): 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ranchhoddas:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you grin grin cheesy

Women are wired to go after men they can submit to. Women do not even like a man they would not be able to defer to.

This is why they go for men of higher status; richer smarter, more influential. It is so that they can submit.
They know what submission is; the smart ones anyway. They just have to feel among the happening women so they twist issues to seem like submission is a slave-master relationship.

Crackhaus has done a perfect job.

It's just posturing. It's 2019 and everyone has to sound woke. grin grin

ahahah grin grin grin
Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by twhy111(m): 7:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
breakerofchains:

I DON'T CARE.

Dey your dey.

Period.
Then your resolution does not align with getting married. Of course as an adult nobody has the right to tell you how to live your life.
But should in case you decide to get married then you need to give the term 'submission' a thought.
Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Acidosis(m): 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
crackhaus:
This is all show for the internet. These girls become very submissive around generous men with very deep pockets. Wives too with wealthy husbands.
Exactly. Money, good money naturally commands respect.
Submission in the midst of plenty comes naturally.

3 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
Acidosis:

Yes, it screams of aggression because you've consistently aborted all efforts to mentor you and put you on the right track.

LMAO!

I am very sorry, sire. A one on one mentorship will be highly appreciated.

And what does the post have to do with my personality? I thirst for knowledge, and as such, twasn't out of place to inquire here.

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
crackhaus:

This is all show for the internet.
These girls become very submissive around generous men with very deep pockets.
Wives too with wealthy husbands.

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
crackhaus:
This is all show for the internet. These girls become very submissive around generous men with very deep pockets. Wives too with wealthy husbands.
LMAO! You and this funny mentality.
I am exempted from that notion. Money cannot buy my submission.

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
crackhaus:
crackhaus:
Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Raalsalghul: 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
Acidosis:

Exactly. Money, good money naturally commands respect.

Submission in the midst of plenty comes naturally.
Nairaland and real life are two different things. I come here read stuff and then I sit back and watch out how it plays in real life. Totally different! Is it not on this same Nairaland a certain female is looking for a man who will take charge?

3 Likes

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by ibkayee(f): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
twhy111:

Then your resolution does not align with getting married. Of course as an adult nobody has the right to tell you how to live your life.
But should in case you decide to get married then you need to give the term 'submission' a thought.
You don’t need to agree to ‘submit’ to get married. Not everyone’s marriage/life is governed by the biblical teachings like that.

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
Raalsalghul:
You've got it totally all wrong. Props to bukatyne for asking that question.
Hoe kay.
Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by Acidosis(m): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

LMAO!

I am very sorry, sire. A one on one mentorship will be highly appreciated.

And what does the post have to do with my personality? I thirst for knowledge, and as such, twasn't out of place to inquire here.

Talking about one on one mentorship, I'm sure you have all it takes to make that happen. smiley And yea, I admire your thirst for knowledge more knowledge.
Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
Raalsalghul:
It's obvious her mindset is skewed!
Are you ok?

1 Like

Re: What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
Raalsalghul:
It's obvious her mindset is skewed!
Are you ok?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Living With Her Sister And Her Sister's Husband / Miracle Mother Of Seven Gives Birth To Another Child / Marriage Palava part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.