Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

8th Senate: Read Senator Ahmed Lawan Valedictory Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8th Senate: Read Senator Ahmed Lawan Valedictory Speech (1048 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili: Senator Ahmed Tinubu Could Have Saved Us This Embarrassment / Senate Confirms Four Commissioners For NCC Rejected By Saraki-led 8th Senate / 8th Senate: Read Senators Melaye, Mark, Akpabio, Others Valedictory Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8th Senate: Read Senator Ahmed Lawan Valedictory Speech by DeLinguaMan: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
As the 8th National Assembly winds up today, June 6, in preparation for the June 11 inauguration of the 9th Assembly, outgoing Senators and returning Senators are currently giving Valedictory Speech in the special Valedictory Session taking place today at the Assembly complex.

Here is the valedictory speech of APC’s candidate for Senate Presidency in the Ninth Assembly, Ahmed Lawan, as compiled by Igbere TV.

See previous thread of valedictory speeches of other senators at:
https://www.nairaland.com/5229567/8th-nass-read-melaye-mark

“Today is a special day for all of us. 4years of working together and fraternizing. It is important to thank the people who in the first place voted us to be here.

After you, Abubakar Bukola Saraki emerged as Senate President, we consciously decided in national interest,to work together for stability and peace, as we are all like-minded.

During my time as the Chairman, Senate Committee on Defence, I interacted with our Armed Forces. They not only protect our territorial integrity of this land but also our internal security with little resources.

Yesterday, I was 20years in the National Assembly. I believe that we can achieve a Senate we can be proud of when we work with patriotism. There is need to structure our oversight function & report the outcome of our oversight for better performance.

Senator David AB.Mark has shown capacity in leadership and patriotism to ensure National Assembly works for Nigeria. He built confidence in us and gave us a rare opportunity."

http://igberetvnews.com/750701/8th-nass-read-melaye-mark-akpabio-valedictory-speech/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: 8th Senate: Read Senator Ahmed Lawan Valedictory Speech by LacunaJacuna(m): 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
My incoming Senate Presido!!!

Wailers can go and hug the nearest transformer.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Northern Emirs Endorse Kalu For Deputy Senate President / Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila Visits Tinubu At Bourdillion House In Ikoyi, Lagos / Display Of Rochas Okorocha Bad Road Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.