Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,751 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Senate Presidency: Goje Endorses Lawan After Meeting Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Goje Endorses Lawan After Meeting Buhari (177 Views)

Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari / NANS Leaders' Smile After Meeting Buhari, As PMB Speaks / Protesters Delayed Governor Yahaya Bello From Meeting Buhari In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Goje Endorses Lawan After Meeting Buhari by agwom(m): 6:22am On Jun 07, 2019
One of the three contenders for the Senate presidency, Sen. Danjuma Goje (APC, Gombe), yesterday, withdrew from the race after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.

Goje, who chairs the Senate Committee on Appropriations, announced his withdrawal at the end of an hour-long meeting with the president.

The meeting, attended by Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai, Senate Leader Ahmad Lawan and senator-elect for Kaduna Central Uba Sani, was held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. With Goje’s withdrawal, Lawan is set to slug it out with Senator Ali Ndume (APC, Borno) on Tuesday, June 11, when the National Assembly would be inaugurated. Speaking to State House correspondents, Goje said he withdrew from the race in the interest of unity of the party and President Buhari. He also announced his endorsement of Lawan for the Senate presidency.

Goje, a former governor of Gombe State, said he was not compelled to step down for Lawan. “I don’t think there is any imposition. I am not compelled to step down but as a reasonable person and at my age, I think I have the capacity to think well and to respect my elders and my party. “I have been in party politics since the second republic. I have been winning my elections several times, from local government to House of Assembly to National Assembly to governorship. I was also a minister.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/senate-presidency-goje-endorses-lawan-after-meeting-buhari.html

(1) (Reply)

Sub-committee On First Lady’s Activities Reveals Plans For June 12 Democracy Day / Nigerians! Let's End Mass Poverty!! / Settle Down To Your Responsiblities As A Governor- Okorocha Mock Ihedioha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.