Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari (28160 Views)

EFCC Files 17-Count Charge Against Okorocha After His Declaration / NANS Leaders' Smile After Meeting Buhari, As PMB Speaks / Protesters Delayed Governor Yahaya Bello From Meeting Buhari In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by cheerfulpraise: 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2019
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha on Monday said that the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, is fast turning the party to regional minority party.

If not checked, he said APC might have serious setback in the year 2023.

Okorocha spoke with State House correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Asked to speak on the mistake of 2015 and the emergence of new leadership for the National Assembly, Okorocha said “I have been watching carefully what is happening in the National Assembly, it’s a very interesting drama. But all I ask them is that they should consider the South East in their calculations.

“This nation will not be properly balanced if South East is not carried along properly in the affairs of the National Assembly. Nobody seems to be talking about the South East, it looks like the South East doesn’t have a place anymore, that is wrong, politically speaking and that is not good for APC.

“Because there is going to be a bigger APC after President Muhammadu Buhari must have left the seat. My fear now is that APC might have a serious setback in 2023 because the Oshiomhole’s led executive is actually turning APC into a regional minority party which shouldn’t be because of his mistakes.

“Right now in the whole South East, we don’t have an APC governor. So if there is any discussion in Nigeria now within the APC governors and President Muhammadu Buhari, there would be nobody from the South East.

“This is what the APC Chairman has done in the South East. I think it’s a capital attempt to frustrate the efforts of the South East. But I appeal to every Nigerian to support the cause of the South East.

“They shouldn’t think about giving South East, whatever position for giving sake. You can’t just wake up and give them any position. South East is a key primary zone in this country and if we don’t get the number one seat, we should get the number two seat.” he said

He also pointed out that Oshiomhole was behind his predicament.

According to him, INEC has no right to withhold his certificate of return.

Asked why his party is not making any case for his certificate of return, he said “I won’t be surprise because, of course, you know the imposition we suffered in the party. When you say the party, you talk about the leadership of that party. I don’t have problem with the Working Committee of that party, I only have problem with the chairman of that party as he took it upon himself to do the wrong thing against me for just no cause and to fight a battle that he can never win.

“No, he is the one that is behind all these impositions, can you imagine, as I speak to you the APC candidate in Imo State did not win a seat, APC does not have a councilor in Imo State now, it does not even have a House Member.

“But the AA party has eight seats in the Imo State House of Assembly, two Federal House and they have one senator about to come to the Senate. This is why internal democracy must be respected, let the will of the people prevail rather than this imposition.

“It is unfortunate what has happened in Imo State. At least, I have been vindicated for the fact that I said the APC candidate they are imposing on Imo people is not popular, he came from the opposition. When I was the leader of that party, when I was running the affairs of that party, we won 24 seats in the House of Assembly, we have governor, federal house members but today APC does not have because of imposition,” he said

On the true position regarding his certificate of return, he said “As it stands today, I am just waiting patiently for the release of my certificate of return for election that I duly won, and I am hoping that INEC will release my certificate of return.

“I have not contravened any section of the constitution and I have not done anything wrong not to be given my certificate. I pray and hope INEC would do what is just and what is right.”

Asked if he discussed the issue with the President, Okorocha said “I don’t think that would have been necessary to do because, it’s a straight forward matter. INEC conducted election, results were declared – the returning officer declared the results and I won. Only, one week later to hear that somebody wrote a petition that he issued that declaration under duress. I say where? Was it in his private house or was it in the collation Centre?

“If it is the collation, SSS were there, police were there, international observers, INEC officials and many others. So who actually put him under duress?” he queried

“The man has not been able to say that. Nobody has ever sent a statement about that. But I think INEC would want to do the right thing very soon.

“Now in the same way, the governorship candidate of PDP never won that election because the election flouted section 179 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which says that you must have the highest votes and you must have 25 percent in two third of the local governments.

“Now, this gentleman who was declared the winner by the same INEC, had 135,000 votes from 24 local government but had over 130,000 votes from his three local governments. Of course you know, he didn’t win that election. But even at that, we had the highest mark, the Returning Officer of INEC was never patient to even calculate to know that it was 200,000 votes cancelled and there is supposed to be a rerun.

“Also flouting that basic constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria which says you must have 25 percent in two-third, he doesn’t have it.

He was confident that there would be

http://thenationonlineng.net/oshiomhole-behind-my-predicament-says-okorocha/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by muykem: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2019
Pride is killing you. Osho is not your mate, go and beg him.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by helinues: 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
Are you being truthful to yourself?

Pride is killing you Mr Ibeberism

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by cococandy(f): 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
You have a predicament?

Tell that to the thousands of civil servants to whom you have been a thorn in the flesh. Garnishing, withholding and slashing their paychecks like it’s your personal money for years.

You will not die a good or honorable death. You don’t have a predicament yet. Your life is only about to get miserable.

Imbecille

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
Buhari shifting blames.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
Heeeeyaaahh........ cheesy wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by Wizygreat12: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
You Never see anything. By the time ur tunuer Expire na like dis the Lifeless one go they look you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
muykem:

We know okorocha is a jackass

But saying he's not Oshiomhole mate, I disagree with you on that ..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by tesppidd: 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Rochas will get his ticket.

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by Justdare: 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
Can you imagine this self serving fool
Forgetting he sacrificed the chances of the South East on the alter of personal greed

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by udo2018: 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
He made a little sense with what he said about leaving out the South East by APC but that doesn't change the fact that he is onye iberibe.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by ipobarethieves: 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
sad grin sad grin cheesy grin Thief.Ur statues gods are against U

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by quincyshakur(m): 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy U neva even c predicament finish....Wen Baba at d top go carry him own com u name go b Samakwe cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by AgroSeeds: 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
Sir but you are greedy somehow. Why did you want to grab everything in Imo state?

Wetin concern me sef.

I import, supply and distribute all kinds of agricultural seeds and equipments. Contact me if you need agro seedlings and chemicals. Any type at all.

Call or WhatsApp me on 09090907136

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by Melancho: 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
Okorocha was used and dumped. Simple.

I sell gov and edu backlinks for N5000 (70 backlinks).
I design beautiful websites for N25k. Call or WhatsApp me 07085013051 for more details.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
Political iberiberism

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by ipobarethieves: 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
Thank U Ogun,Imolites.Dey teach these thieves lesson dem nor go forget in hurry..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by tysontim(m): 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
See how how SW reduced our Future president

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by israelmao(m): 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
Your pride is it.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by ednut1(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2019
Must Henry Nwosu be Governor Nonsense man

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by nickxtra(m): 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
muykem:
Gbam. Rochas no know say Oshiomole don retire many stronger and better politicians. Oshiobaba don fight Obj; Oshiobaba retired the feared Tony Anenih, Tom Ikimi, Saraki and others from active politics. Oshiomole may be smallish, but his mind is big

12 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by Uyi168: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2019
cococandy:
You have a predicament?

Tell that to the thousands of civil servants to whom you have been a thorn in the flesh. Garnishing, withholding and slashing their paychecks like it’s your personal money for years.

You will not die a good or honorable death. You don’t have a predicament yet. Your life is only about to get miserable.

Imbecille
Have u had any personal dealings with him before??
Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by Tyche(m): 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2019
muykem:

He should beg who? Nonsense and SARS

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by barinedan(m): 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
Rochas has officially been registered as a member of wailing wailers association of Nigeria, welcome sir

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by MxreR: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
Okoroawusa is just useless. Buhari is behind your predicament but Okoroawusa will choose to blame Oshiomole. Oshiomole cannot do anything without instruction from Buhari. Okoroawusa should face his real enemy- Buhari. cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by Legalaffairs(m): 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
Rocha will never keep mute and strategize. Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho like parrot. Your greatest undoing is your wide mouth. Too mouthy for my licking .

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by muykem: 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

We know okorocha is a jackass

But saying he's not Oshiomhole mate, I disagree with you on that ..
He is the one that needs Osho now and not the other way round. OBJ openly beg Naba to make his second term possible.
Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by muykem: 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2019
barinedan:
Rochas has officially been registered as a member of wailing wailers association of Nigeria, welcome sir
He is even worst than wailer. You locked stadium against your party chairman forgetting that what goes around comes around.

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by Herdsmen: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2019
muykem:
He is the one that needs Osho now and not the other way round. OBJ openly beg Naba to make his second term possible.

You don't know Rochas...

Oshiomhole is a learner... Rochas has respect for Buhari and his northern brothers that has been taming him..

If Rochas unleash his full self... Bros oshiomhole will run out of this country..

Rochas has Chased apc out of southeast... Why didn't Osho and his boys win house of assembly and state house in imo ...since he's powerful..

Oshiomhole will regret this..he's only fighting a Battle he can't win..

Can oshiomhole stop Rochas from been swear as a senator...

Hehehehehe..
Make tinubu dey decieve am

When it's time...

Rochas will contest for 2023 president under APC..and if not being careful..

..... elrufia for 2023..

Don't overate oshiomhole...

With all his mouth...saraki dealt with him...and comfortable put him in his place..

Rochas still dey cook for am... And oshiomhole must chop am...

Time will unveil

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 01, 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Abdulsalami Abubakar In Makkah (Photos) / I Have Repaid Tinubu His £500 – Dele Momodu Tells APC / Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.