Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo (15586 Views)

Things That Can Weaken A Man's Erection By Dr Olufunmilayo / "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey / Doctor Olufunmilayo: "3 Minutes Is Enough For Sex, You Don't Need Drugs At All" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Amagite(m): 10:24am On Jun 07, 2019
UK-based Nigerian doctor, Olufunmilayo, has taken to Twitter to reveal what he heard about some labs in Lagos.

According to him, some labs in Lagos are giving people false HIV results and making money from unsuspecting victims who are then thrown into depression.

He also said revealed that many labs have also given many people wrong genotype results.

Read his tweets below...

"ATTENTION: I just heard some labs in Lagos are giving people a false HIV result. They declare you as “HIV positive” when you are not.

They use expired test strips just to make money from unsuspecting victims who are then thrown into depression.
Sad stuff.

PLS BE CAREFUL
RT pls.

PLEASE if you have done an HIV test, regardless of the result, make sure you repeat it in another two reputable places.
Especially if the result is positive in one Centre.

It may be false. It may be wrong.

Don’t let someone throw you into a state of psychological brouhaha.

And IF any hospital or laboratory gives you a FALSE result which you later found out was wrong by repeating the test elsewhere, SUE THEM.

SUE THEIR ASS!

Speak with a lawyer and demand for millions in compensation due to the emotional and psychological damage.

You must sue.

A lawsuit is the only way many of these unscrupulous businessmen and fraudsters running laboratories can be stopped from this nonsense.

Many of them are only bothered about money and nothing but money.

Imagine telling someone they are HIV positive and they go kill themselves?

How do you later explain to the family who has lost a loved one due to a false laboratory test result that actually the HIV result was wrong? What sort of nonsense is that?

If the person is married, do you know that can tear the family apart?

This is complete absolute madness.

And that also reminds you-
Many labs have also given many people WRONG genotype results.

A friend of mine was told he was AS then SS then SC- at a point he was told “inconclusive genotype”.
Like say na INEC conduct the test.

Please make sure you recheck your genotype also.

Many relationships have ended because people were given wrong HIV & Genotype results.

It’s absolutely horrendous and terrifying.
Please make sure you double check whenever you get those kind of test results. Especially on something as sensitive like HIV and Genotype.

Thank you.
"

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2019/06/nigerian-doctor-reveals-that-some-labs-in-lagos-are-giving-people-false-hiv-results.html

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2019
Simply report such devious medical laboratories.
I don't understand how this information will help anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Jabioro: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2019
It's easier to get them arrested by sending undercover agent ...to do needful

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by DonMarkuzi(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2019
Sue their Asses.
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by kingzjay(m): 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
That's how they will end up making innocent people commit suicide.

May God never allow us fall victim to these unwarranted mistakes

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by lomprico(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
Dem mumu na.

Ordinary typhoid I dey go like 2 or 3 different labs to confirm.

One lab give u hiv positive u relax without trying out at other labs. Na dem sabi.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by lexxwiz(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
It's a serious issue.. my sister inlaw almost died before her wedding..

That's how she tested positive oh.. thought her life was ruined.. Good virgin always reading novels and shii..

Until we adviced her to recheck..

That's how she rechecked like 3 times in a standard hospital and it was nagative..

That's why i dont like cheap hospitals and labs.. those guys can infect you with what you didn't have In the 1st place.

We need to really do something about the number of churches and quack medical places in this country..

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by GentleMoney: 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
shocked

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by cr7lomo: 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
What a country... selfish criminals everywhere u go
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
Afonja will never change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by seunfly: 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
Chai!!!!! There is nothing Nigerians don't take advantage of, i dont think i have much to say again. If Nigerians (including so called men of God ) can openly defend naira marley or justify past and present corruption of our government, then i dont expect any moral money making actions from anybody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Belial06: 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2019
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by daddycee91(m): 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2019
Pls I want to know how much it cost to sue an organization?
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Kingsleydr(m): 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2019
Jabioro:
It's easier to get arrested by sending undercover agent ...

Bros you get sense ?

1 Like

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
Afonja will never change
You are foolish, donate yourself for rituals.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by lonelydora: 1:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
That's how they keep killing people with fake results.

The first step to death is to know you are HIV+

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Studyinchina200(m): 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2019
everything is possible in Nigeria.

Even Jesus Christ would be afraid to visit that country lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by rusher14: 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
Xaos:
Simply report such devious medical laboratories.
I don't understand how this information will help anyone.

It helps the uninformed make better judgement.

1 Like

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by 1Sharon(f): 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
They wish cheesy

sad
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by enemyofprogress: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nigeria is gone with the wind, it is finished
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Neddstark: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2019
Lawless. Freaking lawless country
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by kittykollinxx(m): 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2019
That terrible. I just hope suing is that easy
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by ensamy(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nigeria is suffering from immunodeficiency from the Presidency right to the man on the street. Fake Doctors, Nurses and fake everyother health professionals. The more qualified ones are running to the UK to Practice just like Doctor Olufunmilayo. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The President of the fake country is also having a fake waec certificate. Nigeria too as a whole is fake.
If one sue any lab then a fake lawyer will appear too at a fake court with corrupte fake judges shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by RiyaGoddess(f): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
Orisirisi. What will one not see or hear in this country.
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by seanjy4konji: 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
even our preseident is fake.

1 Like

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by HitSong: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
This mumu just wan trend.

NO SENSIBLE HUMAN BEING WILL TAKE THE RESULT OF ONE LAB SERIOUSLY.
I HAVE DONE MY GENOTYPE IN 3 DIFFERENT LABS....
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by cgniyi(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
I'm not surprised and this doesn't just happen with HIV. A friend was just wrongly diagnosised with TB and was advised to start taking treatment immediately. Luckily, he didn't have the money to start the costly treatment cos it would have been a waste. He had something entirely different and was able to recover fully within a few days.

1 Like

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by kingi777: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
Why should somebody kill himself or herself just because of HIV test that's not confirmed. If a Lab tells you are positive, the best to do is to go for confirmatory test in other facilities. I know most labs advice their clients to confirm at heart to heart centres in various primary health centres, general hospitals or any nearby hospital which is free. HIV test is free in most government and USAID sponsored hospitals but costs at most #1000 in private health establishment due to some logistics.
In developed world all health workers work synergistically for the good of the patients but in Nigeria, it's pull him syndrome/ supremacy tussle that's the order of the day. Everybody is a lab scientists whether you studied science lab, CHEW, biology or any science or art course in Nigeria. When these people churn out questionable results, you turn to blame qualified and licensed med lab scientists that suffered for 6 years studying and acquiring experience. Everywhere labs, even some hospitals, pharmacies, PHC, maternity have labs manned by those who have no business being there because the employers cannot pay qualified scientists.
Many pharmacies abound for e.g. in Abuja but few are manned by real pharmacists.
Please try to identify real Doctors, Pharmacists, Medical Laboratory Scientists, other health professionals and verify the registration status of their facilities before patronising. Thanks.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emeka Has Syphilis, A Short Story By Aproko Doctor / COVID-19 Update For December 24 2020 In Nigeria / Coronavirus: Ministries Ignore Safety Tips, Fail To Deploy Sanitisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.