Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:06 AM

Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo (15758 Views)

Things That Can Weaken A Man's Erection By Dr Olufunmilayo / "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey / Doctor Olufunmilayo: "3 Minutes Is Enough For Sex, You Don't Need Drugs At All" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by nogragra: 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2019
Amagite:
UK-based Nigerian doctor, Olufunmilayo, has taken to Twitter to reveal what he heard about some labs in Lagos.

According to him, some labs in Lagos are giving people false HIV results and making money from unsuspecting victims who are then thrown into depression.

He also said revealed that many labs have also given many people wrong genotype results.

Read his tweets below...

"ATTENTION: I just heard some labs in Lagos are giving people a false HIV result. They declare you as “HIV positive” when you are not.

They use expired test strips just to make money from unsuspecting victims who are then thrown into depression.
Sad stuff.

PLS BE CAREFUL
RT pls.

PLEASE if you have done an HIV test, regardless of the result, make sure you repeat it in another two reputable places.
Especially if the result is positive in one Centre.

It may be false. It may be wrong.

Don’t let someone throw you into a state of psychological brouhaha.

And IF any hospital or laboratory gives you a FALSE result which you later found out was wrong by repeating the test elsewhere, SUE THEM.

SUE THEIR ASS!

Speak with a lawyer and demand for millions in compensation due to the emotional and psychological damage.

You must sue.

A lawsuit is the only way many of these unscrupulous businessmen and fraudsters running laboratories can be stopped from this nonsense.

Many of them are only bothered about money and nothing but money.

Imagine telling someone they are HIV positive and they go kill themselves?

How do you later explain to the family who has lost a loved one due to a false laboratory test result that actually the HIV result was wrong? What sort of nonsense is that?

If the person is married, do you know that can tear the family apart?

This is complete absolute madness.

And that also reminds you-
Many labs have also given many people WRONG genotype results.

A friend of mine was told he was AS then SS then SC- at a point he was told “inconclusive genotype”.
Like say na INEC conduct the test.

Please make sure you recheck your genotype also.

Many relationships have ended because people were given wrong HIV & Genotype results.

It’s absolutely horrendous and terrifying.
Please make sure you double check whenever you get those kind of test results. Especially on something as sensitive like HIV and Genotype.

Thank you.
"

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2019/06/nigerian-doctor-reveals-that-some-labs-in-lagos-are-giving-people-false-hiv-results.html

This has finally made Nigeria one of the axes of evil of this world. Why waste resourse on a dying state? Why whip a dead horse? Nigeria has finally gone to the doldrum this cannot be done in saner climes what an ethical misdemeanour what a colossus of ethical maladministration?
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by perryy(m): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2019
lonelydora:
That's how they keep killing people with fake results.

The first step to death is to know you are HIV+

I don't even believe such bulshit as HIV=AIDS based on personal experience and the numerous studied I've embarked on due to my quest to really know about a virus that can spend eons in your body before it begins to attack you.

Many reputable scientists, noble Laurettes , have all said HIV causing AIDS is a hoax which defied all known medical postulates.
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by cybersoldiers: 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
seunfly:
Chai!!!!! There is nothing Nigerians don't take advantage of, i dont think i have much to say again. If Nigerians (including so called men of God ) can openly defend naira marley or justify past and present corruption of our government, then i dont expect any moral money making actions from anybody.

And all Muslim imams are justifying the killings of innocent citizens by the present APC Federal government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Zombicmodz: 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
Who read the story of the guy who wanted to test positive and got 2 negative results. He then went to a 3rd lab and tested positive, all within the same week.

I only hiv test when I'm the UK and they also make the occasional 'mistake'.

Can't play hiv lottery on naija lab.

I'd rather not even do it anywhere at all.

This is old news
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by cybersoldiers: 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
chivera018:
You are foolish, donate yourself for rituals.

He was right because you just showed the whole that you can't change.
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by maxiuc(m): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2019
Remember how one lab test said I was HIV positive I couldn't ear for days I was weak within me my babe went for her own lab test and it was negative I was like what is happening I have not cheated I don't have multiple sex partners how come hmmmm 1 week later after fighting depression I went to federal staff clinic jabi with the lab results after seeing the doctor he asked series of questions which I answered he said it is not the end of life that I will still a normal life hmmm but Mr Man you need confirm this results I was referred to HIV center 3 different types of test conducted on me yet the lab came out negative the nurses were chai my dear they really want to kill you that I shouldn't hesitate to sure those Lab center people , from then I stopped going to those mushrooms lab center
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Jaytecq(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
lomprico:
Dem mumu na.

Ordinary typhoid I dey go like 2 or 3 different labs to confirm.

One lab give u hiv positive u relax without trying out at other labs. Na dem sabi.
Money plenty for you hand o... 3 places for ordinary typhoid test.... shocked
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by heisenberg9(m): 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
I will rather sue you for defamation! Its just like saying don't go to a hospital because the doctors there kill people. Or don't go to that law firm because they lose innocent cases that ruins people lives. These things happen once in a while in these institutions as a result of certain factors. Not because it doesn't concern you, it
makes it okay for you to slander others. As a doctor, have you always been perfect? How many patients have their health gone worse under your watch due to your mistakes? I am saying these things happen in every facet of life, just go to a place where it is least likely to occur. I have helped a couple of doctors take care of their mess and I didn't go out to discredit them. It happens even to the best of professionals. I am a medical laboratory scientist and you I am disappointed in this kind of statement coming from a fellow professional.
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Monday60655(m): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
A friend of mine was told he was AS then SS then SC- at a point he was told “inconclusive genotype”.
Like say na INEC conduct the test.

Chain I burst into laugh when I read this part. INEC you see yourself.
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Monday60655(m): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
Is exactly true, and something must be done immediately to curb this suicidal act.
During my service year in one of the hospital in Benue, we have various cases like this in which after we run same test and confirmatory test, the test we give different result from the one they did in some of those
unscrupulous private labs.
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Onyenna(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2019
ensamy:
Nigeria is suffering from immunodeficiency from the Presidency right to the man on the street. Fake Doctors, Nurses and fake everyother health professionals. The more qualified ones are running to the UK to Practice just like Doctor Olufunmilayo. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The President of the fake country is also having a fake waec certificate. Nigeria too as a whole is fake.
If one sue any lab then a fake lawyer will appear too at a fake court with corrupte fake judges shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I always try to defend Nigeria where ever I can but mehn, i don weak!!.... Nigeria needs a total overhaul!!
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Atigba: 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2019
lexxwiz:
It's a serious issue.. my sister inlaw almost died before her wedding..

That's how she tested positive oh.. thought her life was ruined.. Good virgin always reading novels and shii..

Until we adviced her to recheck..

That's how she rechecked like 3 times in a standard hospital and it was nagative..

That's why i dont like cheap hospitals and labs.. those guys can infect you with what you didn't have In the 1st place.

We need to really do something about the number of churches and quack medical places in this country..
The same way i was wrongly tested positive in private hospital Abuja 2004. Had to go for confirmatory test after 2 months of trauma and it came out negative.

Most of the lab scientist conducting the test are unprofessional, untrained and foolish.
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Unigrad: 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
kingi777:
Why should somebody kill himself or herself just because of HIV test that's not confirmed. If a Lab tells you are positive, the best to do is to go for confirmatory test in other facilities. I know most labs advice their clients to confirm at heart to heart centres in various primary health centres, general hospitals or any nearby hospital which is free. HIV test is free in most government and USAID sponsored hospitals but costs at most #1000 in private health establishment due to some logistics.
In developed world all health workers work synergistically for the good of the patients but in Nigeria, it's pull him syndrome/ supremacy tussle that's the order of the day. Everybody is a lab scientists whether you studied science lab, CHEW, biology or any science or art course in Nigeria. When these people churn out questionable results, you turn to blame qualified and licensed med lab scientists that suffered for 6 years studying and acquiring experience. Everywhere labs, even some hospitals, pharmacies, PHC, maternity have labs manned by those who have no business being there because the employers cannot pay qualified scientists.
Many pharmacies abound for e.g. in Abuja but few are manned by real pharmacists.
Please try to identify real Doctors, Pharmacists, Medical Laboratory Scientists, other health professionals and verify the registration status of their facilities before patronising. Thanks.
This really shows you are knowledgeable about what is happening in Nigeria health facilities.
This issue of fake results are usually from a private hospitals that operates medical laboratories.
What they do is to employ non medical laboratory scientist to man the laboratory because their pay are always very low without considering the end effects on the patients.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
As they are giving you false POSITIVE result, they can also give you false NEGATIVE result, either way cross check with another laboratory
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by obalufeiii: 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
When will someone find the cure to this HIV of a thing
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Jman06(m): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
kingi777:
Why should somebody kill himself or herself just because of HIV test that's not confirmed. If a Lab tells you are positive, the best to do is to go for confirmatory test in other facilities. I know most labs advice their clients to confirm at heart to heart centres in various primary health centres, general hospitals or any nearby hospital which is free. HIV test is free in most government and USAID sponsored hospitals but costs at most #1000 in private health establishment due to some logistics.
In developed world all health workers work synergistically for the good of the patients but in Nigeria, it's pull him syndrome/ supremacy tussle that's the order of the day. Everybody is a lab scientists whether you studied science lab, CHEW, biology or any science or art course in Nigeria. When these people churn out questionable results, you turn to blame qualified and licensed med lab scientists that suffered for 6 years studying and acquiring experience. Everywhere labs, even some hospitals, pharmacies, PHC, maternity have labs manned by those who have no business being there because the employers cannot pay qualified scientists.
Many pharmacies abound for e.g. in Abuja but few are manned by real pharmacists.
Please try to identify real Doctors, Pharmacists, Medical Laboratory Scientists, other health professionals and verify the registration status of their facilities before patronising. Thanks.
Honestly ehn, the thing is just too bad!

The ministry of health that is supposed to regulate the different facilities are even helping to worsen the situation.

1 Like

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Edusouls(m): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
Haba I think blacks are really cursed,anything is to make money including deceiving people of their own health status..? Were the hell did we breed of humans come from..
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by Jman06(m): 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
heisenberg9:
I will rather sue you for defamation! Its just like saying don't go to a hospital because the doctors there kill people. Or don't go to that law firm because they lose innocent cases that ruins people lives. These things happen once in a while in these institutions as a result of certain factors. Not because it doesn't concern you, it
makes it okay for you to slander others. As a doctor, have you always been perfect? How many patients have their health gone worse under your watch due to your mistakes? I am saying these things happen in every facet of life, just go to a place where it is least likely to occur. I have helped a couple of doctors take care of their mess and I didn't go out to discredit them. It happens even to the best of professionals. I am a medical laboratory scientist and you I am disappointed in this kind of statement coming from a fellow professional.
We all know that errors are bound to happen in every profession, but when the error becomes recurrent, it calls for concerns!

Now, how sure are you that the people operating those labs are trained medical lab scientists?? Nigeria is a messed up country where everything happens. Just like anybody can wake up one day and start selling drugs in the name of patent medicine dealers and the ministry of health would pretend like they don't know the dangers inherent in indiscriminate use of drugs.

1 Like

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by lomprico(m): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
Jaytecq:

Money plenty for you hand o... 3 places for ordinary typhoid test.... shocked

1k per test

1 Like

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by toluwa1(f): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2019
Some people lack conscience
Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by jiggyman(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
kingi777:
only sensible person here.. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo by kamez(m): 12:00am On Jun 08, 2019
the genotype issue is more rampant.... different labs will just be giving u different genotype results, as if u are an alien....

my elder sis got married to her AS husband because lab results told her that she is AA... 8 yrs later they have 3kids and one of them turned out to be SS... she had to go for another genotype test only to discover that she has been AS all this while...

now an innocent child has been brought into this world to suffer.... this country tire me

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ojota Dumpsite: An Urgent Need For Its Relocation / Osun Doctor Died Of Lassa Fever / Imported Tokunbo Form Germany X-rays/mammography Machines And Ultra Sound.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.