Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison (54131 Views)

Clement Asuquo Caught Celestine Umeh In Bed With His Wife, Gets Framed Up - SR / Celestine Egbunuche Nigeria Oldest Prisoner Marks 100th Birthday In Enugu Prison / 99-Year-Old Prisoner On Death Row In Enugu Prison With His Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by ishawlar: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
Congrats papa. Let always remember their is notting like freedom so don't let us look for what we don't lost so we will not see ourself where we don't want. #FREEDOM
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by APOPTOSIS: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
What about those given a SENTENCE of 200 YEARS IMPRISONMENT...?
After all he was sentenced to DEATH, why did they clamour for his release now that the said DEATH is fast approaching..??

I guess the FAMILY dey target GUINNESS WORLD RECORD...
WATCH and see them HAMMER
If they assess other prisons across the world and see someone older than PaPa, his Family will gladly send him back so as to clinch that record..!!

1 Like

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Sommydisaster(m): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
FREEDOM!!!!
LET THE SPIRIT OF THOMAS SANKARA LEAD HIM HOME
Meanwhile check my signature
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Akanoaaa(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2019
Wow.. Hallelujah
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by sauceEEP(m): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
Old story. angry

1 Like

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by aforosco(m): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2019
He was imprisoned in Enugu, but Imo granted him pardon. We should beat our bloggers

1 Like

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Glycosunde: 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2019
The fear of our bloggers is d beginning of real news because how can he be imprisoned in Enugu, but Imo granted him pardon. We should beat our bloggers abeg.

And for u people commenting on his age, y will a 100yrs man commit a crime that will send him to jail in d first place n it is not even him only but with 2 others

2 Likes

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by sheller(m): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2019
they be like pa celestine...... go home and die simple
stay away from trouble
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Artzdanielsz(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
Offpoint1:
When he was useful to himself and society una no state pardon am, now that he's useless to himself and his society una dey release am.
If I were to be his son or daughter I'll sue the state government for releasing a liability to me. Let them feed him till death.

Nonsense state pardon.
obiakpor republic i hail oooo

1 Like

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
A very interesting story but would have been nice if the writer gave a background of the crime that led to his incarceration.
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Belial06: 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

[b] Only Internet Fraud that Yorubas lead.

Rituals = 40% igbo, 40% Yoruba and 10% others

The rest na your people do am pass.

That's a lie bro

Big lie

Youruba lead in ritual killings 99%

Fraud yorubas 99%

Incest and child.molestation yorubas lead 99%

Rape yorubas lead 99%

Armed robbery yorubas lead 99%

3 Likes

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Belial06: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Only Internet Fraud that Yorubas lead.

Rituals = 40% igbo, 40% Yoruba and 10% others

The rest na your people do am pass.

Lastly. Don't be stupid leave Bini people out of this

This is solely Yoruba vs ibo
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByZx0WjAIdD/?igshid=fg5mnnvcdtqa
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by lawani: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2019
Congratulations
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by kabarka(m): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2019
CuriousMynd:
Oldest prisoner in Nigeria, Celestine Egbonuche, has been freed from Enugu Maximum Prison.
Pa Celestine, who is said to be over a hundred years old, has been imprisoned for about 19 years, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV learnt that he was released on Thursday to his only surviving daughter, Chisom Celestine, through a non-governmental organisation, Global Society for Anti-corruption (GSAC).

Celestine, a native of Amachara-Owerre, Akokwa in Ideato North Local Government Area of Imo State, was condemned to death along with his son, Paul, and another relation, now 87.

Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, last week granted him state pardon following campaigns championed by GSAC.

Immediately after his release, Celestine was taken to St. Daniel’s Hospital in Enugu where he was examined to ensure that he was fit before going home.

Regional Director, GSAC, Amaka Nweke, said: “Actually on the 5th of September, we petitioned the president of our dear country and past Governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha pleading for pardon for Pa Celestine

“His pardon was granted based on his age and his health condition because we found out that his health condition was worsening every day. As a centenarian, he is not supposed to be in prison. When you check other countries you can’t find someone of his age in prison.

“On Sunday, I got a call from the former Attorney General of Imo state that he has been granted pardon by the state government.”

The centenarian’s daughter also called for the release of her brother, Paul, saying that he was innocent of the crime.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/754074/just-in-nigerias-oldest-prisoner-finally-freed-from-enugu-prison/

what was their offence?
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Samsungx2: 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
it was not the state that imprisoned him, but the law. is good to stay of anything that is illegal. The Law is a respectant of nobody
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by mosedgreat(m): 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
MaNyEsq:
A very interesting story but would have been nice if the writer gave a background of the crime that led to his incarceration.

Land matter that lead to murder. Search nairaland you will see the details.
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by KingOfAllIgbos: 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2019
Belial06:

Belial06 to his useless homosexual father:
Lastly. Don't be stupid leave Bini people out of this

This is solely Yoruba vs ibo
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByZx0WjAIdD/?igshid=fg5mnnvcdtqa

Nnamdi Kanu said 99% of your women na asho work dem dey do
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by zionic(m): 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
...it would make worse news if baba died in prison. embarassed
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Belial06: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Nnamdi Kanu said 99% of your women na asho work dem dey do

Lol

It's good to see you have no respect for your own dad after all you are below 14 years of age so what's to be expected grin

You will probably never graduate and will likely end up. In prison or read so what's not to like about what awaits you grin

But more likely is the fact that you will be a topic here in the not too distant future

"Teenager commits suicide at the farm " grin

Again every angle I look at this your Frustration will ruin you so grin

I am. Very happy Indeed! Your pain is my joy grin your starvation is my peace grin your suffering is my orgasm cheesy

[img]https://media1./images/a53be6cc904e63941709e5f7eae8f4e1/tenor.gif?itemid=3393233[/img]

1 Like

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by KingOfAllIgbos: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
Belial06:

Belial06 to his homosexual father and spermbank wh0re mother.
Lol

It's good to see you have no respect for your own dad after all you are below 14 years of age so what's to be expected grin

You will probably never graduate and will likely end up. In prison or read so what's not to like about what awaits you grin

But more likely is the fact that you will be a topic here in the not too distant future

I am. Very happy Indeed! Your pain is my joy grin your starvation is my peace grin your suffering is my orgasm cheesy

Cry me another bucket of tears. You have been butt-sore from attentions of your dad grin grin grin grin

King of All Igbos golden Law of Savagery - " The greater the pain suffered, the longer the epistle"

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Belial06: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Cry me another bucket of tears. You have been butt-sore from attentions of your dad grin grin grin grin

King of All Igbos golden Law of Savagery - " The greater the pain suffered, the longer the epistle"

Firstly first of the first grin

I is not ibo kiddo cheesy

Much as it paiins you and burns your soul with pains [img]https://media1./images/a53be6cc904e63941709e5f7eae8f4e1/tenor.gif?itemid=3393233[/img]

I will always be the boss of you ! You know what that feeling is right ? It's me rippimg your anus to shreds like the bìtch you are grin

I am so. Enjoying this infact let me go local on your generation of beggars grin ugha yo okpa rhu eghi duna nuen,ugha ye eva rhu, erhio

Elede.. grin
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by KingOfAllIgbos: 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
Belial06:

Belial06 to his useless fagg0t father

Lol

[img]https://media1./images/a53be6cc904e63941709e5f7eae8f4e1/tenor.gif?itemid=3393233[/img]

Not just one but two lengthy epistles. Cry me another bucket. I am happy i destroyed your psyche with the first comment grin grin grin

Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by aksule(m): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
It was stated in the write up that someone of his age cannot be found in prison elsewhere in the world
The question is, does someone of his age commit crime else in the world.
However, what will be painful is if he is innocent of any crime. Asides, age is not a criteria in deciding whether you're due for prison or not if crime is committed
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Mrjo(m): 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
theButterfly:
It's good that he was released. But what was the crime na or what kinda journalism is this?
they kill someone because of land
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by sureteeboy(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
Offpoint1:
When he was useful to himself and society una no state pardon am, now that he's useless to himself and his society una dey release am.
If I were to be his son or daughter I'll sue the state government for releasing a liability to me. Let them feed him till death.

Nonsense state pardon.
grin The man has already been a liability before he was imprisoned at all. The article says he's over 100 years old. So, let's place his age at 102. He's been in prison for 19 years, subtracting that from 102 gives 83 years
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by Belial06: 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Not just one but two lengthy epistles. Cry me another bucket. I am happy i destroyed your psyche with the first comment grin grin grin
So desperate to come off as morning pains but it's obvious..

Trying too hard , using hold fonts grin

Pele , let.rhe pain flow through your lil wet bìtch life

It's hurts doesn't it ?

[img]https://media1./images/a4f0bb17bfc98d3857fcdccbf3cc4fab/tenor.gif?itemid=4290934[/img]
Stop begging me not to respond, I got all the time in the world for your juicy faggöt arse grin

[img]https://media1./images/2b34166f97e77eadbfdf8cd78ca7c5ce/tenor.gif?itemid=4936718[/img]
Re: Celestine Egbonuche, Nigeria’s Oldest Prisoner Freed From Enugu Prison by frozen70(f): 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2019
What a lucky man, even in such condition death refuses to come

And those that are free, are not as lucky as he is to sat alive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paedophile, Pregnant U.S Teacher Arrested For Raping A 15 Years Old Boy (Pics) / 'Armed Forces Staff' Admires Alleged Rapist's Joystick, Blames His Victims / Babatunde Olarenwaju: Missing Person Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.