Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

God,Humans And AI - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God,Humans And AI (3202 Views)

The Same Breath Of Life From God Animates Both Humans And Animals / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God / Humans And Some Creations Are A Clone Of Satan Take It Or Leave It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 9:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
Actually, I don't think you understood what you've responded to! Here it is again. This time, note how the "believe" and the "know" are not in the same sentence as you alleged.

budaatum:

Buda to Dion
Stupid people 'believe'. And they do so because they lack evidence. Smart and intelligent people would rather know.

HenryDion:

You must be very confused lol..

You know nothing Buda, you are a mere believer. That is the membrane of everything you know and believe in.

It is evident to all that everything you think you know was doctored by a long aged book that has long served its purpose of mass control.

What do you really know? I'm curious here lol..

What you know, how can you prove it to be an objective truth and not from a delusional mind?

How can you even intertwine KNOWING with BELIEVE?

To believe, you don't need to know.

To believe, you don't need any sort of evidence.

Do i need to define BELIEVE in this context? cheesy

"Blessed are those who believe without seeing"

And seeing in here refers to evidence or knowing.. In other words, forsake evidence and KNOWING, and follow blindly.

Faith strives on believe, atheism strives on FACT and KNOWING.

I choose fact.

So buda, what do you KNOW?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God,Humans And AI by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
budaatum:
Actually, I don't think you understood what you've responded to! Here it is again. This time, note how the "believe" and the "know" are not in the same sentence as you alleged.

I asked a question which you are yet to answer.

What is that which you KNOW?

Let's start from there.
Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 11:02am On Jun 12, 2019
HenryDion:

I asked a question which you are yet to answer.

What is that which you KNOW?

Let's start from there.
I answered you!

I know that you believe stuff you make up inside your head and refuse to check the evidence. I also know today is Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
Re: God,Humans And AI by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
budaatum:

I answered you!

I know that you believe stuff you make up inside your head and refuse to check the evidence. I also know today is Wednesday, June 12, 2019.

I have not been online for a long time now.. Sorry for the late reply.

Lemme address the quoted..

I don't believe stuff I made up in my head. I simply refused to believe in the existence of a fairy daddy for lack of substantial evidence. If you can do that, i won't be an atheist anymore.

Listen, I'm not dogmatic. I'm open minded and ready to become a theist provided you are able to prove the existence of God. So far, you have done a very poor job at that.

Now, what is it that you know, that really gave you the conviction that God exist? I want to KNOW that which you KNOW, that which made you believe in Gods existence. Maybe then, i might believe in him too..

Let's not make this hard!
Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2019
HenryDion:

I have not been online for a long time now.. Sorry for the late reply.

Lemme address the quoted..
Welcome back.

HenryDion:

I don't believe stuff I made up in my head. I simply refused to believe in the existence of a fairy daddy for lack of substantial evidence. If you can do that, i won't be an atheist anymore.
You do believe stuff you make up in your head. Go back and read some of the unevidenced statements you made up above. Or don't you believe them? A clear example of you making things up in your head is your above, "if you can do that".

God strike buda if buda did not pray to the contrary!

HenryDion:
Listen, I'm not dogmatic. I'm open minded and ready to become a theist provided you are able to prove the existence of God. So far, you have done a very poor job at that.
I don't agree that your mind is open. If you have managed to misunderstand what I've written so far then even your eyes are not open not to talk of your mind. And I think you are very dogmatic. You dogmatically hold on to the cooked up idea in your head that I want to turn you into a theist and I am poor at proving the existence of God to you when the truth is I have never tried to prove the existence of God to you and even prayed you remain an atheist.

HenryDion:
Now, what is it that you know, that really gave you the conviction that God exist? I want to KNOW that which you KNOW, that which made you believe in Gods existence. Maybe then, i might believe in him too.
You do not want to know anything. You just want to believe HenryDion, you say so above, and what did I say about "believe"?

HenryDion:
Let's not make this hard!
You can not know what I know HenryDion. It is too hard for you to learn at the moment. When you read what I write instead of believing stuff you make up in your head call me.

Johnydon22 you might see why I laugh here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God,Humans And AI by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
budaatum:

Welcome back.

You do believe stuff you make up in your head. Go back and read some of the unevidenced statements you made up above. Or don't you believe them? A clear example of you making things up in your head is your above, "if you can do that".

Can you please quote the so called "believe that i must have spewed here? Thanks.

I don't agree that your mind is open. If you have managed to misunderstand what I've written so far then even your eyes are not open not to talk of your mind. And I think you are very dogmatic. You dogmatically hold on to the cooked up idea in your head that I want to turn you into a theist and I am poor at proving the existence of God to you when the truth is I have never tried to prove the existence of God to you and even prayed you remain an atheist.

You do not want to know anything. You just want to believe HenryDion, you say so above, and what did I say about "believe"?

You can not know what I know HenryDion. It is too hard for you to learn at the moment. When you read what I write instead of believing stuff you make up in your head call me.

Seems this argument have actually lost its base. You are a theist, I'm an atheist. The bone of contention here should be providing evidence, since the lack of it is what made me an atheist.

Not to batter around about what i have made up, when in fact i haven't made up anything but rather, seek for the REASON behind your belief.

If you keep beating around the bush without having something reasonable to say pertaining to why you believe in what you believe, then I will have no choice but leave you to your delusion.
Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
HenryDion:

Can you please quote the so called "believe that i must have spewed here? Thanks.
I have pointed it out to you more than a couple of times already. Go do work and see below

HenryDion:

Seems this argument have actually lost its base. You are a theist, I'm an atheist. The bone of contention here should be providing evidence, since the lack of it is what made me an atheist.
So, because I am a theist and you an atheist there's automatically a bone of contention? Are you contending with me because I have not automatically contended any bones except your accusation that I believe ignoring all the evidence.

HenryDion:
Not to batter around about what i have made up, when in fact i haven't made up anything but rather, seek for the REASON behind your belief.
You made up that I contended a bone
You made up that I am poor
You made up that I tried to make you a theist
You made up that I believe despite all the evidence to the contrary and then you seek from me the reason for the belief that you made up and put behind me when it is I, HenryDion, who should ask you for the reason for the belief that you made up and put behind me.

HenryDion:
If you keep beating around the bush without having something reasonable to say pertaining to why you believe in what you believe, then I will have no choice but leave you to your delusion.
There you go again making up that I beleive then asking me to provide evidence for what you made up when the evidence that you made it up is right in front of you but your desire to believe stops you from seeing what you made up and put behind me.

Irony is you HenryDion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

I have pointed it out to you more than a couple of times already. Go do work and see below

So, because I am a theist and you an atheist there's automatically a bone of contention? Are you contending with me because I have not automatically contended any bones except your accusation that I believe ignoring all the evidence.

You made up that I contended a bone
You made up that I am poor
You made up that I tried to make you a theist
You made up that I believe despite all the evidence to the contrary and then you seek from me the reason for the belief that you made up and put behind me when it is I, HenryDion, who should ask you for the reason for the belief that you made up and put behind me.

There you go again making up that I beleive then asking me to provide evidence for what you made up when the evidence that you made it up is right in front of you but your desire to believe stops you from seeing what you made up and put behind me.

Irony is you HenryDion.

Whatever conclusion I arrived at is definitely deduced from our little battering here. Won't have known these if I haven't engaged you. So, it isn't a "believe" but rather, a fact after a thorough analysis of your comments on this thread.

I still hold that you believe in ridiculousness despite lack of evidence, and the contrary evidence. To prove me wrong, simply buttress me by disclosing the evidence that upholds your "believe".

Sadly, you can't do that either but rather, keep exhibiting your ignorance all over the thread and making yourself look dumb.

You say there is no need for a bone of contention? Then what was your intention for quoting me in the first place?

I'm here to learn from theists and atheists alike. That is only possible when we engage with a focal point, not beat around the bush.

I love to repeat, I'm damn open minded. But if your aim is to come and spill how arrogant you are, then I can no longer entertain you.

Peace brother! wink
Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2019
Henrydion, please show one belief that buda told you buda has.

HenryDion:

Whatever conclusion I arrived at is definitely deduced from our little battering here. Won't have known these if I haven't engaged you. So, it isn't a "believe" but rather, a fact after a thorough analysis of your comments on this thread.

I still hold that you believe in ridiculousness despite lack of evidence, and the contrary evidence. To prove me wrong, simply buttress me by disclosing the evidence that upholds your "believe".

Sadly, you can't do that either but rather, keep exhibiting your ignorance all over the thread and making yourself look dumb.

You say there is no need for a bone of contention? Then what was your intention for quoting me in the first place?

I'm here to learn from theists and atheists alike. That is only possible when we engage with a focal point, not beat around the bush.

I love to repeat, I'm damn open minded. But if your aim is to come and spill how arrogant you are, then I can no longer entertain you.

Peace brother! wink
Re: God,Humans And AI by johnydon22(m): 11:43am On Jun 20, 2019
hakeem4:
Well your hypothesis is quiet funny and it has been refuted since the mid 19th century by Darwin and Wallace.

Your responses to this thread are easily refuted

1) are you saying if Man was created in the image of god then chimps and other apes are created in the image of god because we are closely related. I read one funny quote saying if we were created in the image of god why aren’t we invisible? .

A car is also man's design doesn't refute the notion that a humanoid robot is modelled after the image of man.

So, that a designer created something in its image doesn't mean it has to create everything else likewise.

2) so what was the reason why the all intelligent designer created dangerous organisms like viruses and bacteria?
Dangerous to who? The designer?

Viruses isn't dangerous to the designer, so there isn't any reason for it not

We have such a thing as computer viruses which is not directly harmful to man but is also man's creation but is rather harmful to computer programs which is another of man's design.

2. There is another possible reason: It wants to create viruses and bacterias.

3) so because we do not know how consciousness evolved so it’s god grin just be intellectually honest for once and say you do not know.
Nope.

Because it quarks like a duck
Looks like a duck
Smells like a duck

Then it's possibly a duck.

I need us to fully understand the ground for each arguments, conisder them then we can easily argue them open mindedly

Stop citing books written by “bronze age peasants who didn’t know the earth orbits the sun” - krauss.
All human knowledge were never in isolation, most of things humans know today are built on the foundation these ancient bronze age peasants laid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by johnydon22(m): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2019
HenryDion:
Your biggest flaw was those lame biblical quotations used to depict the nature of God and man's purpose on earth. Why did you ignore the Quran, Torah, Bayble, Tripitakas or other spiritual books out there?
If he used any of those books, the results would still be the same. So i don't see the problem with using the bible unless you have personal issues with the bible?

If you're of the notion that God exists? What proof do you have? For something to be accepted as BEING, it is when it has been proven beyond every reasonable doubt.

Fundamental assumption the premise of this thread is built on is that God exists.

This thread isn't here to treat the subject of God existing, that's a different argument.

It is treating the parallels between God - man - designs which comes implicitly with the idea that God exists

Premise man, premise.

If you say particle A exist, the burden of proof lies on you the proposer. We are merely open to analyze your evidence, test it and then conclude.
This is you bringing what he didn't say in his post, his premise isn't treating the existence of God. Bringing it up is a strawman and absolutely non sequitur to the premise

So far, no substantial evidence whatsoever to support Gods exist and as thus, he remains inexistent.
You have mentioned the subject of God existing for far too long on this reply without actually even touching the Actual premise of the the thread

You keep making mention of intelligent design. Like really?

Yes. So?

If we are to go by that logic, then who created God? If God can self exist, why then do you ignore the possibility of man being a self-existing organism?
Non sequitur to the premise. This is a different argument all together

Mehn, too many inconsistencies sad
Actually there are none except the ones you created by bringing in external premises not original to the thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by johnydon22(m): 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

Welcome back.

Hahaha Buda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by johnydon22(m): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2019
HenryDion:

Peace brother! wink

Lol. Only that your analysis of his comments weren't thorough though, not even in the least

If it were, you guys wouldn't have gotten up to this point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
HenryDion. Below is what you made up in your head.

HenryDion:

You must be very confused lol..

You know nothing Buda, you are a mere believer. That is the membrane of everything you know and believe in.

It is evident to all that everything you think you know was doctored by a long aged book that has long served its purpose of mass control.

What do you really know? I'm curious here lol..

What you know, how can you prove it to be an objective truth and not from a delusional mind?

How can you even intertwine KNOWING with BELIEVE?

To believe, you don't need to know.

To believe, you don't need any sort of evidence.

Do i need to define BELIEVE in this context? cheesy

"Blessed are those who believe without seeing"

And seeing in here refers to evidence or knowing.. In other words, forsake evidence and KNOWING, and follow blindly.

Faith strives on believe, atheism strives on FACT and KNOWING.

I choose fact.

So buda, what do you KNOW?
Re: God,Humans And AI by johnydon22(m): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:
HenryDion. Below is what you made up in your head.

Budaa it is ok na. Henry doesn't get it. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
johnydon22:
Budaa it is ok na. Henry doesn't get it. Lol
I know. But he did say his mind is open so let me spit on mud and rub it in his blind mind until he does get it. Then will you too see how one makes people see the immaterial that they refuse to see with their very tiny minds and closed eyes.

I swear to you that sometimes, the way one has to be is enough to make one not bother showing some people anything!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by johnydon22(m): 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

I know. But he did say his mind is open so let me spit on mud and rub it in his blind mind until he does get it. Then will you too see how one makes people see the immaterial that they refuse to see with their very tiny minds and closed eyes.

I swear to you that sometimes, the way one has to be is enough to make one not bother showing some people anything!

Trouble

Atheist on here are quite as close minded and dogmatic as the religious people they accuse of same behavior.

Here, people don't read comments or arguments to understand, consider the point, they just read to throw back a reply and then Win

Atheism 1 - 0 theism
Atheism 0 - 1theism

Kinda grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
johnydon22:

Trouble

Atheist on here are quite as close minded and dogmatic as the religious people they accuse of same behavior.

Here, people don't read comments or arguments to understand, consider the point, they just read to throw back a reply and then Win

Atheism 1 - 0 theism
Atheism 0 - 1theism

Kinda grin
It is the putting people in little boxes that nauseates me. You say one thing and they hear the opposite of what you said and they then tell you to defend what they made up in their own head and claim you said it! How can anyone take half a look at what one says and stick a label on one?

Lets see them win while funnily laying a trail for them to go back to and reflect and evolve however long they may try to cover their eyes and not perceive their faux pas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM8JhvfoqdA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
johnydon22:

Trouble

Atheism 1 - 0 theism
Atheism 0 - 1theism

Kinda grin
Are there regular hattrick heroes as well? grin

The close mindedness of atheists when it comes to atheism vs religion arguments is difficult to spot because the position that the existence of religious gods have no basis in reality can't be refuted and constantly maintaining this position is logical. Whether they are being close minded or honest and thoughtful isn't certain because their position and the maintenance of it are both logical.

We can spot out close minded atheists when the discussion drifts away from religion to philosophical issues, political issues and others. Just my take. Atheists can be as gullible as religious folks as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

It is the putting people in little boxes that nauseates me. You say one thing and they hear the opposite of what you said and they then tell you to defend what they made up in their own head and claim you said! How can anyone take half a look at what one says and stick a label on one?
Lol. grin

Lets see them win while funnily laying a trail for them to go back to and reflect and evolve however long they may try to cover their eyes and not perceive their faux pas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM8JhvfoqdA
grin
Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Martinez19:
Lol. grin

grin
You de grin grin Na beans na grin grin
Re: God,Humans And AI by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
johnydon22:

Trouble

There is no where you don't find closeminded people,so you spotting a few atheists like that is just a deviation from the norm. Most atheists on NL weren't born atheists,after spending decades in the claws of religion and they finally walk out of the shackles of religion do you think it is easy to unlearned all the gibberish they have learnt from religion overnight? I embraced atheism last year and am in my twenties, so how can I easily be open minded so quickly when I have been close minded for a decade?I find myself backslidden to the mud I came out of often time s.

There are dozens of theist monikers that are dumb as Bleep, you honestly can't say the dumb atheists outnumbers the dumb Christian's...did you see the thread of a guy that claimed the hotness of his phone was a sign from God on Sunday?

Atheism 1 - 0 theism
Atheism 0 - 1theism

Kinda grin
Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

You de grin grin Na beans na grin grin
Hope you never finish your beans? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
Martinez19:
Hope you never finish your beans? grin
Eh no de ever finish o. Not until OtemAtum said.

We never conclude 19 with our beans. Answer this simple one.

Is buda beans HenryDion beans?
Re: God,Humans And AI by EmperorHarry: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

Get rid of your "atheistic stance"? Get rid of the stance that makes you depend on reality and the objective?

God, please do not let HenryDion throw the baby away with the bath water!
Temper Temper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by johnydon22(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
Martinez19:
Are there regular hattrick heroes as well? grin

The close mindedness of atheists when it comes to atheism vs religion arguments is difficult to spot because the position that the existence of religious gods have no basis in reality can't be refuted and constantly maintaining this position is logical. Whether they are being close minded or honest and thoughtful isn't certain because their position and the maintenance of it are both logical.

We can spot out close minded atheists when the discussion drifts away from religion to philosophical issues, political issues and others. Just my take. Atheists can be as gullible as religious folks as well.

Actually No, atheists can just be as close minded on matters regarding God, religion or theology and they often.

This your post actually affirms that close-minded stance.
Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
johnydon22:

Actually No, atheists can just be as close minded on matters regarding God, religion or theology and they often.

This your post actually affirms that close-minded stance.
Care to explain?
Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 5:53pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

Eh no de ever finish o. Not until OtemAtum said.

We never conclude 19 with our beans. Answer this simple one.

Is buda beans HenryDion beans?
Depends on what they call beans. grin
Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Martinez19:
Depends on what they call beans. grin

Depends on what? You chicken cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: God,Humans And AI by johnydon22(m): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
Martinez19:
Care to explain?
Do you think arguments for God can be logical?
Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
johnydon22:
Do you think arguments for God can be logical?
If it's not the Abrahamic god then yes. Even for the Abrahamic God, certain logical arguments may surface but they are soon shown to contradict the bible. Anyway, how does my post show the close mindedness of atheists?
Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

Depends on what? You chicken cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Let's assume you refer to Nairaland as "beans" and I refer to Facebook as "beans," then your beans is not my beans. If we then decide to the English language as a standard then my beans is your beans regardless of the names we give to beans. grin

That's all I am trying to say. The concept is the same but the terminology defers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maxindhouse Come And Defend Your Watchtower Bible / Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither / Pastor Oo Abel SERMON ON MAKING YOUR HOME A HAPPY HOME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.