Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress (857 Views)

Where Can I Buy An Investment Script Compatible With Wordpress / Web Design, Web Development And Mobile App Development Tutorial / Where Can I Buy Btc Or Hosting With GTB Card Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress by maestrorankin: 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
To the gurus in the house... I am working towards building my website soon with wordpress.. The plan and steps are 1.Register my domain name with a domain registrar in Nigeria.. 2. Build my website with wordpress because I don't know how to write code yet and will be needing some WordPress themes to fully get the desired results for the functionality of the website. 3 host my website with another company preferably bluehost... Now the problem I have is. 1.how do I get all this to work together most importantly from the WordPress angle as it comes with a .Wordpress domain once registered and when using it to develop my website.... 2.how do I remove the .wordpress and add a .com.ng to the site I built with wordpress and at the end host it with bluehost.. Urgent and insightful answers pls..
Re: Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress by stanliwise(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
maestrorankin:
To the gurus in the house... I am working towards building my website soon with wordpress.. The plan and steps are 1.Register my domain name with a domain registrar in Nigeria.. 2. Build my website with wordpress because I don't know how to write code yet and will be needing some WordPress themes to fully get the desired results for the functionality of the website. 3 host my website with another company preferably bluehost... Now the problem I have is. 1.how do I get all this to work together most importantly from the WordPress angle as it comes with a .Wordpress domain once registered and when using it to develop my website.... 2.how do I remove the .wordpress and add a .com.ng to the site I built with wordpress and at the end host it with bluehost.. Urgent and insightful answers pls..
I don't understand this part, what comes with the ".Wordpress domain"?
is it the theme or your website?
Re: Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress by maestrorankin: 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
While registering on WordPress to build a website let's say I want to build a website named chip.com.ng and I have registered the domain with a Nigeria DNS provider. Next is to start developing the WordPress site.. On the WordPress url when asked what my domain name is, whatever I type there will surely have something like chip... How do I remove that from my built WordPress site and change it back to chip.com.ng. Once that is done, how do I link the WordPress site now carrying chip.com.ng to bluehost for hosting.. I hope you can understand better now
Re: Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress by resosdigital(m): 6:28pm On Jun 07, 2019
maestrorankin:
While registering on WordPress to build a website let's say I want to build a website named chip.com.ng and I have registered the domain with a Nigeria DNS provider. Next is to start developing the WordPress site.. On the WordPress url when asked what my domain name is, whatever I type there will surely have something like chip... How do I remove that from my built WordPress site and change it back to chip.com.ng. Once that is done, how do I link the WordPress site now carrying chip.com.ng to bluehost for hosting.. I hope you can understand better now
is different from self hosted wordpress at wordpress.org.

My advice for you is to step the weekend learning more - watch some YouTube tutorials, read some articles and gain more insight.
Re: Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress by stanliwise(m): 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
maestrorankin:
What you're basically asking is how to map your wordpress address to your new custom domain. Here is a tutorial to guide you. How to Map a Custom Domain to My Wordpress Site

1 Like

Re: Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress by maestrorankin: 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
@stanliwise that was definitely what I am looking for... So after mapping the website to WordPress.. I should be able to host my website with bluehost by simply changing the nameserver on my domain registrar to that of bluehost.. This means if I am ready to host my website on bluehost, I will simply submit the website chip.com.ng rather than chip... And after paying for my hosting.. If someone should input chip.com.ng in their address bar it will load up by chip.com.ng website built with wordpress... Please kindly confirm this for me... Once again thanks for the info.. It was really helpful
Re: Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress by stanliwise(m): 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
@maestrorankin There are somethings I don't get right in your last post but if you successfully map your wordpress website to your DNS, then chip.com.ng and chip. should point to the same website which means your web address will basically become chip.com.ng
Re: Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress by maestrorankin: 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
@stanliwise..Thanks a lot.. You perfectly understood what I meant really... Lol... God bless you and may you continue to increase in knowledge.
Re: Help With Website Development And Hosting With Wordpress by stanliwise(m): 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
maestrorankin:
@stanliwise..Thanks a lot.. You perfectly understood what I meant really... Lol... God bless you and may you continue to increase in knowledge.
Amen to this. You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

When Is The Next Edition Of Coding Competition On Nairaland ? / Meet Moyinoluwa Adeyemi – Nigeria’s First Google Certified Developer Expert For / Java Vs Kotlin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.