Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh (6604 Views)

Supreme Court Dismisses APC/Nnaji's Suit Against Enugu Gov, upholds Mbah / Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market / Eneh Victor Chigozie Arrested For Criticising Chinedu Obidigwe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by OEPHIUS(m): 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2019
As a discerning resident of Enugu State for over two decades, I felt badly touched reading a mischievous article shared on Opera News platform over the state of infrastructure in Enugu State under the leadership of Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

The mischievous story which was first published on nairaland.com without a byline and shared on Opera News platform, was no doubt, a failed attempt by mischief makers and disgruntled elements to misinform and mislead the public with false, baseless and non-existent allegations that are at variance with the peace and good governance being experienced in Enugu State today.

It is on record that the present administration in Enugu State has been rated high on all standards, in terms of provision of road infrastructure both in the urban and rural areas, covering over 400 kilometres.

The allegation of “teaming deplorable roads in and outside the metropolis” is not only spurious but wicked lies against the good works of the governor and his team.

For instance, the writer alleged that “all the roads in Uwani, Kenyatta Road, Achara Layout, Awkunanaw, Abakpa and Emene, among others are the worst hit.

But the truth remains that the sponsors of this mischievous piece are just being economical with the truth. It is also on record that the Ugwuanyi administration has constructed and rehabilitated a lot of roads in these areas mentioned.

The first road rehabilitated by his administration at its inception was in Emene - the Airport Roundabout-Orie Emene-Eke Obinagu road, and I am fully aware that the governor is presently linking Abakpa Nike with Emene through Harmony Estate - Adoration Ministry road.

In Kenyatta, the rehabilitation of the market road and Onah Crescent has been completed as well as Ebonyi Paint road, Awkunanaw, among others.

In Abakpa, the Ugwuanyi administration has transformed the area with good road network, such as the popular Abakpa Nike road, Nike Lake road, Ogwuagor road, Ugbo-oye road, Abakpa Market road, Ugbodogwu road, among others.

Recall that the administration in a bid to ensure good conditions of roads in the state introduced a programme on aggressive maintenance of roads mostly built by past administrations, tagged “Operation Zero Potholes”. I am also aware that this programme has dutifully ensured that roads in Enugu metropolis and beyond are maintained accordingly.

Even though, most of the roads mentioned in the misleading piece, such as the Enugu-PH Expressway and Enugu - Onitsha Expressway, are federal roads, record has it that the Ugwuanyi administration had carried out swift intervention on failed sections of federal roads in the state.

If the makers of these tissues of lies are connected with their people at the grassroots and are sincere in their baseless assessment of Gov. Ugwuanyi’s stewardship, they would have testified to the massive infrastructural development going in the rural communities aimed at opening up the areas for socio-economic expansion and giving the dwellers a sense of belonging.

It is also malicious to allege that “almost all the primary and secondary schools in the state are in deplorable condition”, when it is equally on record that the present administration in Enugu State has constructed and renovated over 589 primary and secondary school blocks across the state and has recently awarded contract for additional 208.

From the above narrative, which is a tip of the iceberg of Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s giant strides in Enugu State in the past four years, it is clear that the originators of this campaign of calumny against the hard working, visionary, focused and result-oriented governor are only chasing shadows borne out of their envy and crass desperation to undermine the success story of the Coal City State under the governor’s watch.

It is therefore my humble appeal that the unfounded, mischievous and baseless story should be disregarded in all its ramifications.

Arc. Obinna Eneh from Abakpa Nike, Enugu

https://thepunditng.com/these-wicked-lies-against-enugu-governor-should-be-disregarded-arc-obinna-eneh/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by ElFabchuks(m): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
angry
Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Bede2u(m): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nonsense and ugwuanyi...enugu that was turning into small london under sullivan...look at wat fat man is doing. One project, ten propaganda billboards. Nonsense people should not be elected again in enugu politics

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Mexzy4sho(m): 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
Na you talk am oooo. No b me talk am.
Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by koolbe(m): 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
Best to reply critics with performance. The present gvt in Enugu has performed below average. That's y no industries are coming into d state. The gvt should do better in d second term and do away with sycophancy and praise singing.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by AllenSpencer: 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
The first female governor in Nigeria happen to govern Enugu so much is not expected

7 Likes

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by gurujoe(m): 8:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
Enemies of Enugu State must be put to shame because Enugu State is in hand of God

1 Like

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Darlenelove: 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
The problem in Nigeria is that whenever truth is revealed, those deceiving and manipulating this unworthy governor of Enugu state, a man whom i have seen to be a coward will first come to impound lies to deceive the gullible governor who seems, doesn't even understand what is governance. Enugu state governor, Ugwuanyi remains the worst governor in Enugu state.

His administration is only busy sharing money among themselves, looting the treasury on broad day light including the incoherent governor who doesn't know how to manage the public funds and lay a good legacy.

Infrastructure is totally zero under this administration. Chimaroke and Sullivan both did a great job in making Enugu a great state. Go to Abakpa Nike, you will be wondering if this governor knows what he's doing self.

No single road has been developed in Abakpa Nike Enugu. I visited a friend who lives at a place where place places called Ifoh layout Abakpa Nike, i was shocked how badly the road is. At the back of Ifoh layout, is Emene Airport in Enugu. This governor could not think about linking up the road from Texaco through Ifoh to Emene and make a name for himself.

This governor is busy stealing lands even claiming Enugu state lands into private land. Enugu is in SHAMBLES under this administration. My understanding is that Ugwuanyi is not fit and prepared to govern. He lacks the intellect to usher new development in Enugu state.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by dignity33: 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
I SAID IT LOUD AND CLEAR THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE PAID TO TARNISH THE IMAGE OF ENUGU STATE AND THERE GOVERNOR UGWUNYI.

3 Likes

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Boscojugunu(m): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
Bede2u:
Nonsense and ugwuanyi...enugu that was turning into small london under sullivan...look at wat fat man is doing. One project, ten propaganda billboards. Nonsense people should not be elected again in enugu politics
which Sullivan. Shey the one u castigated here on nairaland
Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
dignity33:
I SAID IT LOUD AND CLEAR THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE PAID TO TARNISH THE IMAGE OF ENUGU STATE AND THERE GOVERNOR UGWUNYI.
gerraout are YOU in enugu if yes, mention a project done by the present governor, mee kee hill road i heard was 4 billion to build like seriously.
I visit enugu well so there is no need talking trash the present government is a scam.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by KEZDON(m): 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2019
The writer of the nonsensical article is either daft, deaf and blind or a paid propagandist. Nairalanders pls ignore him!!!

Enugu has never had it this bad in terms of governance ....

OP pls there's more to life than propaganda

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by RealGOAT: 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
I visited Enugu earlier this week and I can tell you categorically that Enugu people are in great trouble. The fat cow they call a governor hasn't done any tangible thing and he still has four years to vacate his seat.

10 Likes

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Emmxyl(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
Darlenelove:
The problem in Nigeria is that whenever truth is revealed, those deceiving and manipulating this unworthy governor of Enugu state, a man whom i have seen to be a coward will first come to impound lies to deceive the gullible governor who seems, doesn't even understand what is governance. Enugu state governor, Ugwuanyi remains the worst governor in Enugu state.

His administration is only busy sharing money among themselves, looting the treasury on broad day light including the incoherent governor who doesn't know how to manage the public funds and lay a good legacy.

Infrastructure is totally zero under this administration. Chimaroke and Sullivan both did a great job in making Enugu a great state. Go to Abakpa Nike, you will be wondering if this governor knows what he's doing self.

No single road has been developed in Abakpa Nike Enugu. I visited a friend who lives at a place where place places called Ifoh layout Abakpa Nike, i was shocked how badly the road is. At the back of Ifoh layout, is Emene Airport in Enugu. This governor could not think about linking up the road from Texaco through Ifoh to Emene and make a name for himself.

This governor is busy stealing lands even claiming Enugu state lands into private land. Enugu is in SHAMBLES under this administration. My understanding is that Ugwuanyi is not fit and prepared to govern. He lacks the intellect to usher new development in Enugu state.
God Bless You.

2 Likes

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Billionaire09: 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2019
If Enugu still under Nigeria for five years, these same sycophants will before five years complains bitterly before IPOB restore Biafra completely.

Free 140 IPOB Family Memebers unlawfully in hostage in Enugu prisons.

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by CaesarDon(m): 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
I'm still seeing some chaps above saying he should improve the second term

Which frigging second term

Let's vote beyond party lines
Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Hillary01(f): 1:19am On Jun 08, 2019
I wonder how a normal thinking human being will be defending a Governor who has not done anything in Enugu state, other than making fake promises every where he goes.

Below is AKwuke Akwunanaw Road among the roads we have been begging him to fix,
after a long promise that he will do the road in his first year in office now four years is gone, going to fifth year yet no hope of getting the roads fixed and the roads are so bad now that residents can't go out for fear of being hurt due to bad roads.

Vehicles break down on the road on a daily basis and some people will still come here to say he is a good Governor.

Ugwuanyi took AKwuke people land beside MTD police station toward bending along opkara Mile road leading to AKwuke village and yet refused to fix their Roads.

Below are some of the pictures of AKwuke Roads more are still coming.

3 Likes

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by AgreatMan: 2:25am On Jun 08, 2019
koolbe, bede2u, Hillary01,
CaesarDon

f a man fails in "small things," he will surely fail in big things. The media was awash with how this guy is the best thing after hero beer and know it is a fat lie.

Chime, my original Governor. I still hold in high esteem even though I am not from the East. The first time I visited Enugu in 2013; I was shocked by how modern, clean, developed and how cheap transportation was. I didn't bother to cook, the soup was great n cheap, Okpa d food I loved from childhood was within reach. Lagos was just a mere hype, there was real life in Enugu. I salute that state, Chime was steering the state well until that problem he had with his throat.

This was the comments I made on another thread when I heard Ugwuanyi was now paying corpers 1000 naira.

When I see thread hyping that Ugwuanyi, I know my Igbo brothers are lieing to themselves. Something is not just right with that guy and this thread just proved part of it.

When I served in Enugu under Governor Chime, the alingo Governor, the streets of Enugu was flowing with milk n honey.

Because I changed my PPA, my salary was delayed by three months. But Because Chime had a solid structure, my entire 30k was paid at once. I would later add money to buy a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.4. Everyone got their money, those in medical got 45k monthly. NYSC was one of the best one year of my life. Even the overhyped Lagos, Kobo Dem no see.

To my igbo brothers, stop killing yourselves on SouthWest politics when u have lousy politicians in your own domain.

3 Likes

Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 08, 2019
Seriously, this is a devilish propaganda against Ifeanyi ugwuanyi and his administration.

The best thing that has happened to Enugu state is ugwuanyi who has overnight overturned and strengthened the existing infrastructure and left by chime.

Ugwuanyi has shun greed to work for the people of his state so this media propaganda against ugwuanyi should stop.

We stand with him and Enugu state is in the hands of God.
Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Nobody: 2:36am On Jun 08, 2019
Bede2u:

Oga, ugwuanyi is doing wonderfully well.
Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Nobody: 2:36am On Jun 08, 2019
gurujoe:
Enemies of Enugu State must be put to shame because Enugu State is in hand of God

yes in God hand.
Re: The Lies Against Enugu Governor Should Be Disregarded - Arc. Obinna Eneh by Nobody: 2:38am On Jun 08, 2019
Hillary01:
I wonder how a normal thinking human being will be defending a Governor who has not done anything in Enugu state, other than making fake promises every where he goes.

Below is AKwuke Akwunanaw Road among the roads we have been begging him to fix,
after a long promise that he will do the road in his first year in office now four years is gone, going to fifth year yet no hope of getting the roads fixed and the roads are so bad now that residents can't go out for fear of being hurt due to bad roads.

Vehicles break down on the road on a daily basis and some people will still come here to say he is a good Governor.

Ugwuanyi took AKwuke people land beside MTD police station toward bending along opkara Mile road leading to AKwuke village and yet refused to fix their Roads.

Below are some of the pictures of AKwuke Roads more are still coming.

pure lie, this is a media propaganda.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RUGA: Why Do Northerners Caution And Threaten Only Igbos / Senate Suspends Public Hearing On Social Media Bill Till Next Year / Gani Adams: Daily Killings, Abductions Can Set Nigeria On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.