Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:37 AM

5 Things Nigerian Government Can Learn From Biafra Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things Nigerian Government Can Learn From Biafra Day (1068 Views)

IPOB Dissociates Itself From Biafra National Guard (BNG) / Biafra Day: Ignore Any Sit-at-home Order, Police Urge Abians / Biafra Day Celebration Turns Bloody In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Nigerian Government Can Learn From Biafra Day by hassan4: 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
Biafra is an integral part of Nigerian and i do hope we stay united despite our diversities. I think these are steps the Nigerian government can take to curb the menace else there might be a split. Oduduwa republic is also gearing up.

1. Negotiate with IPOB - After all there are terms like the Aburi accord and U.N resolutions for the unity of Nigeria.

2. Increase the derivation formula for the regions affected

3. Consider an Igbo Presidency

4. Reduce cost of governance at the Executive and Legislative arms by 50%. Our law makers are there to serve the masses not earn a fortune.

5. Create Sea Ports in Calabar, Rivers and Delta states respectively to compete with Lagos. These are equally coastal states will help develop the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ItOYrMiCys

Mynd44, lalasticlala, Seun, OAM4J
Re: 5 Things Nigerian Government Can Learn From Biafra Day by timecapsule: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
The five point you wrote is five impossible points Nigeria can never attand to. It is like telling PMB to send the herdsmen away from Nigeria.

Most especially #3 is no go area, they said that the SE are under glass ceiling. That before we can rule Nigeria is after 150yrs.

As for me I don't believe in Nigeria anymore.
Re: 5 Things Nigerian Government Can Learn From Biafra Day by kingzizzy: 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
Look at a video of people in diaspora celebrating the country they believe in even before it exists. Others in Nigeria shut their places of business.That is what is called patriotism
Re: 5 Things Nigerian Government Can Learn From Biafra Day by achi4u(m): 11:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
I don't see any of the points working, the north will rather kill and kill just to maintain the status quo.

On the Biafran side,everyone is tired of one Nigeria.

split the country.
Re: 5 Things Nigerian Government Can Learn From Biafra Day by hassan4: 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2019
achi4u:
I don't see any of the points working, the north will rather kill and kill just to maintain the status quo.

On the Biafran side,everyone is tired of one Nigeria.

split the country.

I am from the North..not all northerners think that way.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Teenage Boy Construct A Working Keke In Aba-biafra News Today / If Ruga Is To Address The Plight Of Herdsmen Then Why This? / EFCC Sets To Arrest Kwankwaso, Wamakko Over Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.