Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads (5812 Views)

This Is Audi's 1st Electric Car,2019 E-tron SUV Will Go 250mi On A Single Charge / This Lexus LF-1 Limitless SUV Will Leave Your Jaw Dropping (photos) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by valarinz: 11:38am On Aug 27, 2019
AshipaEk0:

??

CRV/RAV 4 of which year?

The other person was specific as to the Volvo year he was asking about.....

Anyway, I don't know much about CRV or RAV 4. I haven't used either.

and I don't know what your question is exactly, I presume you mean fuel consumption?

The 2008 XC90 Volvos have a 72 Litre tank and average 15Mpg City/ 20Mpg Highway

Nobody with fuel consumption as a prime factor buys SUVs BTW.

After make u go meet the barman and collect one chilled bottle of beer, I've already paid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by 2felix(m): 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
AshipaEk0:

??

CRV/RAV 4 of which year?

The other person was specific as to the Volvo year he was asking about.....

Anyway, I don't know much about CRV or RAV 4. I haven't used either.

and I don't know what your question is exactly, I presume you mean fuel consumption?

The 2008 XC90 Volvos have a 72 Litre tank and average 15Mpg City/ 20Mpg Highway

Nobody with fuel consumption as a prime factor buys SUVs BTW.
Yes I mean fuel consumption
Crv or rav4 of 2008 and above
Ops mentioned cost of ownership which includes fueling
Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by AshipaEk0: 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
2felix:

Yes I mean fuel consumption
Crv or rav4 of 2008 and above
Ops mentioned cost of ownership which includes fueling

i don't know those vehicles

i know that of volvo produced above

its up to you to find that out that of those vehicles and compare
Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by sultaan(m): 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2019
If I get 17mpg average with the Jeep and CRV is 22mpg it will take a long time to make up the $1500 more I paid for the CRV in the first place. I wanted 4x4 and a vehicle with common parts. I have spent around $500 replacing struts and breaks alone and I have not not even checked the bushings.
With 170k miles I will have to replace the timing chains soon. This applies to all vehicles that go off-road with that much use

1 Like

Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by opeyemix: 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
AshipaEk0:

You have the 3.2L or the V8 engine.

Either one is fine.

if you love a powerful drive, faster take off, or you travel a lot the V8 is for you.

careful with the accelerator sha. e dey move from rest like rocket.

otherwise the 3.2 is just fine

The difference in fuel consumption is not really that significant between both trims

What about the fuel economy sir?
Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by 2felix(m): 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2022
opeyemix:

What about the fuel economy sir?
For fuel economy, i think Volvo xc 90 T5 model is your best bet. Consumes less fuel than the other models
Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by sultaan(m): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2022
2felix:

For fuel economy, i think Volvo xc 90 T5 model is your best bet. Consumes less fuel than the other models

Agree, T5 has better fuel economy and interior actually the best all around in all aspect, just not very common because it is luxurious
Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by gly2ken: 8:59am On Feb 06, 2022
Are special there mechanics for Volvo? Furthermore is Touareg a good SUV?
Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by YeyeGbami: 12:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
gly2ken:
Are special there mechanics for Volvo? Furthermore is Touareg a good SUV?

Yes i have a guy that works on volvo, very good young chap. I can vouch for him
Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by Otiwaikuku: 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
sultaan:
Since the world of automobiles does not revolve around Toyota and other Japanese brands only, I will like to seek the opinions of those who are more informed about about other existing brands.

The criteria for your recommendation should only be based on utility,reliability, or cost of ownership since the the maintenance and availability of parts is not an issue.

In my mind the Escape and Equinox comes first when I consider running cost, and a GC Laredo 4x4 will do better considering all the criterion listed.

Please feel free to add more models with reference to any of the listed criteria.
What makes to add Grand Cherokee to this list?
Do you ever consider the maintenance cost?
I give it to VOLVO XC 90

1 Like

Re: Which Other SUV Will Be Good For Nigerian Roads by sultaan(m): 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2022
Otiwaikuku:

What makes to add Grand Cherokee to this list?
Do you ever consider the maintenance cost?
I give it to VOLVO XC 90

In order of magnitude, please list the highest maintenance cost of any SUV and what you think will be the total cost after 20k miles or 2 years of use in Nigeria. We are going to do critical analysis based on the numbers you provide.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, I Lost Throttle Power On The Highway / How Important Is Car Mileage To You? / Please I Want To Know The Type Of Transmission Oil For Lexus Es350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.