Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,781 members, 7,844,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Aged People Getting Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aged People Getting Married (1149 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aged People Getting Married by sophy09: 5:38am On Oct 01, 2010
I met an old couple who told me they just got married. I was wondering, is it necessary for old people to get married when they lose their partners? I'm sure they are not having sex and it is mostly for companionship but what is the point of getting married to someone who has few more years to leave.

I know back home many of our aged parents don't get married when their partners died. They devote their time and energy to religion, their children and grandchildren.
Re: Aged People Getting Married by tjskii(f): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2010
just cos they're old,doesn't mean they stop being human,they still have needs like any other person tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Aged People Getting Married by InkedNerd(f): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2010
Yupp, I agree with tjskii.
Re: Aged People Getting Married by sms4health: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2010
We always miss the point of marriage.

It's mainly about companionship and friendship - talking about your day, being supportive, having a listening ear, someone to vent to etc.

All the others, which are equally important, are added on to it.

That's why it can be for anyone at any age, so far you are doing it for the right reasons.
Re: Aged People Getting Married by clemcykul(f): 10:00am On Oct 07, 2010
everyone needs a soul mate wink

old people always want to do grin
Re: Aged People Getting Married by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2010
sms4health:

We always miss the point of marriage.

It's mainly about companionship and friendship - talking about your day, being supportive, having a listening ear, someone to vent to etc.

All the others, which are equally important, are added on to it.

That's why it can be for anyone at any age, so far you are doing it for the right reasons.

exactly. some people think marriage is only about having a family.

1 Like

Re: Aged People Getting Married by Sissy3(f): 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2010
sophy09:

I met an old couple who told me they just got married. I was wondering, is it necessary for old people to get married when they lose their partners? I'm sure they are not having sex and it is mostly for companionship but what is the point of getting married to someone who has few more years to leave.

I know back home many of our aged parents don't get married when their partners died. They devote their time and energy to religion, their children and grandchildren.

how u take know? they have sex jor grin

1 Like

Re: Aged People Getting Married by Nwaka77: 12:10am On Oct 08, 2010
sophy09:

Back home the old men still get married again even in their 80's when their wives die. However, the women are expected to remain widows for life. If there is one main thing I hate about Naija and the culture is how mean and unjust they are to women! They expect women not to marry again if they are 50 years and older and their spouses have passed yet society makes it a point to force women to get married brain washing them with "do you want to die old and alone?". Well you die old and alone anyway even if you do marry because as soon as the man kicks bucket, you are expected to stay single for the rest of your life on earth. By then the kids are all grown and living abroad or in other parts of the country. Who are they fooling?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Family Struggles To Protect Daughters From Painful African Tradition / Parents Background / Mum-to-be Spends £3,000 On Pink After Being Told She Was Expecting Girl - Then G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.