Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Parents Background - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Background (1144 Views)

Mom Was Filming Her Baby Playing. Sees Something Scary In The Background [PICS] / What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. / Would You Marry Someone From A Poor Background? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Background by RPrincess: 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2011
Children With familys with problematic backgrounds eg, failed marriages should marry themselfs? true or false pls\i was told those with problems usually continue the cycle
Re: Parents Background by freecocoa(f): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
I don't know where you got that theory from but I don't think its entirely true if its got any truth in it,I know people from broken homes who are successful in their marriages,its not everything that's genetic you know.
Re: Parents Background by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2011
@poster
nonsense of the highest order!
Re: Parents Background by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^
Re: Parents Background by slimyem: 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
R.Princess:

Children With familys with problematic backgrounds eg, failed marriages should marry themselfs? true or false pls\i was told those with problems usually continue the cycle
IQ-less and nonsensical point of view!
Re: Parents Background by tpia5: 3:38am On Dec 27, 2011
Breaking the cycle is extremely difficult and imo cant be done without the help of God through Jesus Christ, but i'm not sure the solution is in people from such backgrounds sticking only with each other.

However, as with everything else in life, proceed with caution and dont rush into anything you might regret later when your eyes have cleared.

Oftentimes a family background is an indication of the particular cultural and generational atmosphere surrounding that family. These things are a bit deep and difficult to understand unless someone has wisdom.

That's why if not for infatuation, most people wouldnt marry because if you consider what you're getting into, fear wouldnt let you go further.
Re: Parents Background by zolzlolz(f): 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
Could Halle Berry's problems with men be attributed to her abusive relationship with her father?
Re: Parents Background by iice(f): 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2011
If you have problems find solutions/help.
Broken or not. People have problems and they can only stick to their species.
Re: Parents Background by tpia5: 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2011
zolzlolz:

Could Halle Berry's problems with men be attributed to her abusive relationship with her father?

could be a combination of factors, not only that.

her fame, for example, might cause a strain in her relationships.  Just guessing.

if her relationship with her father is identified as causing her problems with men, then it's also possible the way she handles or deals with her feelings about her father [and mother] is what defines her interactions with men.

my opinion, not set in stone.
Re: Parents Background by geeksluv2: 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
Not necessary
Re: Parents Background by Outstrip(f): 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2011
I think it is the way you presented the question. You have a point. A persons background definitely affects the way the live their lives. The way they make choices. The way they tackle serious life issues. Even the way they handle simple conflicts. It does not mean though that you totally write someone off because his father is in jail for murder or his mother had an affair with their driver.
Re: Parents Background by RPrincess: 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2011
I asked a question, to those who had nothing meaningful 2 say, no one forced you to answer. To those who gave insight to the question, thanks.
Re: Parents Background by babsjnr(m): 4:28am On Jan 11, 2012
Old school

(1) (Reply)

My Sister Need Your Advice Please / Y Do Married Men Keep Talking About Number Of Sex? / Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.