Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities (22095 Views)

89% of Nigerian Universities Fail to Make Top 5,000 in the World - Webometrics / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by cvibe2: 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2019
Okay
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Vincent970(m): 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
Chukwurah003:
Criminality and social vices are PDP’s legacy. These things are expected when very corrupt people have ruled a nation in the recent past. The lack of morals permeates every strata of the society.
RECIEVE SENSE IN JESUS NAME
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
tactius:

Runs girls was present on many campuses long before PDP took over...even as far back as the 1970's.

haba bros campus runz in tetiary institutions started from the early 90s.
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
lefulefu:
haba bros campus runz in tetiary institutions started from the early 90s.

You need to ask any relative of yours who went to university back in the pre 1980's and during the 1980's what went on. Sure, students were more innocent...but even[i]then[/i]

Abortions, being propositioned by men, inlcuding lecturers, 'october rush', having men bringing in gifts, etc etc.

All those happened during the innocent 1970's.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
tactius:

You need to ask any relative of yours who went to university back in the pre 1980's and during the 1980's what went on. Sure, students were more innocent...but even[i]then[/i]

Abortions, being propositioned by men, inlcuding lecturers, 'october rush', having men bringing in gifts, etc etc.

All those happened during the innocent 1970's.

i have uncles that attended universities and polytechnics back then. yes in the 80s there were few incidents of female students sleeping with lecturers but then it was not widespread. prostitution in female campuses across the country became more established starting from the eatly 90s. this was a time flashy cars will come to pick ladies at their hostels or the ladies would go to trailer parks to hawk their body with aboki trailer drivers. as d system was in d early 90s so it is now though a little has changed like facebook and instagram making d runz business more easier to do. also to note nowardays its not only campus girls who engage in runz cos some working class ladies do it as a side hustle and even some married women sef. as for the 60s and 70s this prostitution job was engaged by those ladies as full time so i dont think undergraduates engaged in it at dat time.

2 Likes

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by blackboy(m): 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
lefulefu:
i have uncles that attended universities and polytechnics back then. yes in the 80s there were few incidents of female students sleeping with lecturers but then it was not widespread. prostitution in female campuses across the country became more established starting from the eatly 90s. this was a time flashy cars will come to pick ladies at their hostels or the ladies would go to trailer parks to hawk their body with aboki trailer drivers. as d system was in d early 90s so it is now though a little has changed like facebook and instagram making d runz business more easier to do. also to note nowardays its not only campus girls who engage in runz cos some working class ladies do it as a side hustle and even some married women sef. as for the 60s and 70s this prostitution job was engaged by those ladies as full time so i dont think undergraduates engaged in it at dat time.
Very true. I blame parents. They send kids to school and many never go check on them. Parents have failed.

1 Like

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Igwe29(m): 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
The quest of wanting to adapt to the western culture has thrown caution and decency into the wind.
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by 5oyad: 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2019
And the men that patronize these runz girls are as innocent as ..........:

1 Like

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by foster212: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
chido20:
lol u na mad man o
You no see him moniker?
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Petacephas: 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
Its common in our Tertiary institutions. We must all fight against this if our society must be great
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by lereinter(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
Chukwurah003:
Criminality and social vices are PDP’s legacy. These things are expected when very corrupt people have ruled a nation in the recent past. The lack of morals permeates every strata of the society.

Examine yourself
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by tydi(m): 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
lefulefu:
sometimes its not poverty dat push young female undergraduates into runz cos if na poverty then why e be say even some female undergraduates from private univs like igbenedion and benson idahosa univ also engage in it.even some pastors dauthers and dauthers of well to do parents even engage in in it. most times na bad company and the believe its part of civilisation that push young ladies into it.

Yea.. I know and have a friend that was schooling at madona then, she even gave birth at age 15 while still in school the mess made her change school. Part of civilization though like you said that is if they even know the meaning of the word. To me it still way above peer pressure its just a demonic push to have sex and see what it feels like probably been carried away by the fun they get hookwinked resulting to some becoming unprepared mother. Who are we to blame? The society or their parents negligence to their upbringing?
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
tydi:

Yea.. I know and have a friend that was schooling at madona then, she even gave birth at age 15 while still in school the mess made her change school. Part of civilization though like you said that is if they even know the meaning of the word. To me it still way above peer pressure its just a demonic push to have sex and see what it feels like probably been carried away by the fun they get hookwinked resulting some becoming unprepared mother. Who are we to blame? The society or their parents negligence to their upbringing?
parents should be partly blamed cos if they play their part peer pressure wont be an issue. there are some mothers who even groom their dauthers into runz and prostitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by tydi(m): 12:08am On Jun 09, 2019
lefulefu:
parents should be partly blamed cos if they play their part peer pressure wont be an issue. there are some mothers who even groom their dauthers into runz and prostitution.

That's the reason one has to look before he leaps into any home to ask for their daughter's hand in marriage cus any home that a woman holds and runs the affairs of the home, without regarding the man as the head of the home is not a place/family one would want to take as in laws..
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 09, 2019
tydi:

That's the reason one has to look before he leaps into any home to ask for their daughter's hand in marriage cus any home that a woman holds and runs the affairs of the home, without regarding the man as the head of the home is not a place/family one would want to take as in laws..
exactly and also a single parent home or a home where the wife disrespects the husband is highly unlikely u would get a good partner there.
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by tydi(m): 12:22am On Jun 09, 2019
lefulefu:
exactly and also a single parent home or a home where the wife disrespects the husband is highly unlikely u would get a good partner there.

Any single mother that raised a daughter, she will definitely become a single mom too in the future also does any woman that disrespects her husband in the presence of her children(daughters) they will end up doing same when they get married to their various husbands. Women are so tantamount in behaviors.

Good night, good friend.

2 Likes

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 09, 2019
tydi:

Any single mother that raised a daughter, she will definitely become a single mom too in the future also does any woman that disrespects her husband in the presence of her children(daughters) they will end up doing say when they get married to their various husbands. Women are so tantamount in behaviors.

Good night, good friend.
gud night my guy jor
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Admitwithschola: 1:33am On Jun 09, 2019
But how person for take know if a girl come from house wey mama no regard papa or wey papa dey run the affairs of the home?

Dem fit put up front when you dey there, to deceive you say dem be normal family...Abi this no possible ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by ojuu4u(m): 2:12am On Jun 09, 2019
With my little findings, I discovered that in nearest future, maybe 10 years to this time, every potential husband has to settle for current or ex olosho/runs girls to marry, it would have be norm by then, just like it has been norm now to marry non-virgin. Before, it was hard for girls/ ladies to open legs for guys they don't have "body chemistry" for but now you will see okada man, bricklayers,mechanics even mesuya" boasting how they slept with different universities girls. ( pls am not belittle those professions ).

A high class girl that you need to think twice before approaching in day time, EASILY open legs for small boy who is highest bidder at night

Indeed society is completely decayed AND EVERYBODY HAS TO BLAME ,( parents ,government, males and mainly girls)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by NwaJozi: 2:49am On Jun 09, 2019
Uwa cho ikpu
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by placeofallure(f): 3:21am On Jun 09, 2019
Many factors are responsible for this. People are quick to blame the girls. Although some do it because of greed and discontentment, many however are victims of the society.
The government. Why are there no tuition-free universities? Our lecturers used to tell stories of the benefits they enjoyed during their time. You get paid for going to school. You have free meal tickets. And there are jobs waiting for you.

Secondly, many parents are irresponsible. I mean why give birth to children you can't educate? Yes! Life happens but these days people are wiser. People plan for any eventuality via various financial plans just to ensure their dependants do not suffer just in case. Moreso, family values are practically non-existent. Whatever happened to Be content with what you have whether big or small? We have many social miscreants today because parents have failed in their responsibility to the children. Family system, the bedrock of any society, is broken down. I weep.

Many lecturers are perverts. They are simply descendants of Lucifer. I remember 3 of them were on my case back then. I gained admission in my late teens but I actually looked 14. Despite that, they cared less, I wasn't their daughter. One even specifically told me I wasn't his daughter. But then, I could confidently call for my paper if any of them tampered with it. Thus, I escaped having to get dirty with any of them but what about many girls that are not as lucky?

Man do not exist in isolation. We are what our society makes of us. This is the point where strength of character comes to the fore.

2 Likes

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by jayboy007(m): 6:31am On Jun 09, 2019
lovedatruth:
Parental failure accounts for a larger percentage of these menace.
not in all cases, I know of a family who has 5 daughters, 3 are runs girls, d other 2 are well respected ladies, so how do u conclude, it's just the individual and greed

1 Like

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by ojuu4u(m): 7:28am On Jun 09, 2019
placeofallure:
Many factors are responsible for this. People are quick to blame the girls. Although some do it because of greed and discontentment, many however are victims of the society.
The government. Why are there no tuition-free universities? Our lecturers used to tell stories of the benefits they enjoyed during their time. You get paid for going to school. You have free meal tickets. And there are jobs waiting for you.

Secondly, many parents are irresponsible. I mean why give birth to children you can't educate? Yes! Life happens but these days people are wiser. People plan for any eventuality via various financial plans just to ensure their dependants do not suffer just in case. Moreso, family values are practically non-existent. Whatever happened to Be content with what you have whether big or small? We have many social miscreants today because parents have failed in their responsibility to the children. Family system, the bedrock of any society, is broken down. I weep.

Many lecturers are perverts. They are simply descendants of Lucifer. I remember 3 of them were on my case back then. I gained admission in my late teens but I actually looked 14. Despite that, they cared less, I wasn't their daughter. One even specifically told me I wasn't his daughter. But then, I could confidently call for my paper if any of them tampered with it. Thus, I escaped having to get dirty with any of them but what about many girls that are not as lucky?

Man do not exist in isolation. We are what our socibety makes of us. This is the point where strength of character comes to the fore.

Woman! Please read the article very well, it was talking about universities girls that go out for paid sex and not to pass exam this time around, do not try to shift blame on lecturers. Go to higher institutions and see the kind of sophisticated lives they leave on campuses.
Student that her parents stay in a single room room back home will come to campus and rent 2 -bed room, buying latest version of lphone, costly hairdo etc. Pls how would she foot all these bills if not to trade her body to highest bidder
So-called girls have 75% blame, parents 20% rest 5% blame

3 Likes

Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by CavemanDefuturo: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2019
Man must survive... Prostitution has been in existence since time immemorial. It is a trade and highly in demand.. believe or leave it.
And if you ask me I will tell you that we're all prostitutes in different field of endeavor as prostitution is simply using what you have to get what you want. So, who is to be blamed? The person that wants to satisfy their natural urge or the person trying to survive and leave a better life?
We're all involved as it's the chain of moral decadence in the society that is affecting everyone. So, what we should all do is to go home and warm our wards/ siblings, encourage and mentor them to live a life of virtue else, the males amongst them would become yahoo yahoo while the females would become professional farm tools...

Most of us complaining about the rate of prostitution on here can't sleep a night without fvcking someone's daughter. Oh sorry, you're not aware they're students abi grin me too! grin grin
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by NwaGodl1000(m): 11:03am On Jun 09, 2019
How can any sane person blame PDP for this country misfortunes, everyone is guilty of all these we are passing through now both our parents,political &religious leaders,youths even lecturers
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Ryan03(f): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
0coded80:
greediness cause it.
Not all is caused by greed. Once had a girlfriend who her mom thought school was only about school fees and house rent. She Dont buy books or send feeding money. Once in a while, she send like 2-3k that will not be enough to do anything. I fed this girl in school, she uses my text books cause we were in same dept. Just think what she would have resulted to if i hadn't taken care of her in school
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Ryan03(f): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
tydi:

Any single mother that raised a daughter, she will definitely become a single mom too in the future also does any woman that disrespects her husband in the presence of her children(daughters) they will end up doing same when they get married to their various husbands. Women are so tantamount in behaviors.

Good night, good friend.
My mom raised 4 girls and 1 boy as a single mon, two of my sisters are married for about 10 years now, the other 2 still in school. How do you explain that?
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by tydi(m): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ryan03:
My mom raised 4 girls and 1 boy as a single mon, two of my sisters are married for about 10 years now, the other 2 still in school. How do you explain that?

Probably you were acting as the man of the house but never knew it, I guess you happen to be the first child, if not, then you got matured and became wiser on time and your mum noticed and saw that in you. Eventually she is also a very prayerful woman.. Kudos to her. She is you guys hero
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Ryan03(f): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
CavemanDefuturo:
Man must survive... Prostitution has been in existence since time immemorial. It is a trade and highly in demand.. believe or leave it.
And if you ask me I will tell you that we're all prostitutes in different field of endeavor as prostitution is simply using what you have to get what you want. So, who is to be blamed? The person that wants to satisfy their natural urge or the person trying to survive and leave a better life?
We're all involved as it's the chain of moral decadence in the society that is affecting everyone. So, what we should all do is to go home and warm our wards/ siblings, encourage and mentor them to live a life of virtue else, the males amongst them would become yahoo yahoo while the females would become professional farm tools...

Most of us complaining about the rate of prostitution on here can't sleep a night without fvcking someone's daughter. Oh sorry, you're not aware they're students abi grin me too! grin grin
Thank you 4 this
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by qanda: 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities by Ryan03(f): 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
tydi:

Probably you were acting as the man of the house but never knew it, I guess you happen to be the first child, if not, then you got matured and became wiser on time and your mum noticed and saw that in you. Eventually she is also a very prayerful woman.. Kudos to her. She is you guys hero
Yes, she is our hero. I'm the third child, i agree with looking well into the family of an individual before going for marriage but using single mothers as a yardstick to choosing partners is a no no. I've see families where both parents are together yet they turn out bad . i just hope to find a good woman when the time comes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Clinches The First And Second Positions In ANCOPSS National Quiz / Lagos Polytechnic Lecturer Marks Everyone Absent For Missing Class After Easter / Important Notice For JAMB Change Of Course/institution Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.