Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha (23483 Views)

Dino Melaye Shares New Video Of Atiku After His Rumored Collapse (Photos) / Imo Supreme Court Review: Arguments By Ihedioha And Uzodinma's Lawyers In Court / Another Destruction Ordered By Ihedioha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
Imo: Asoluka debunks rumoured inclusion on Ihedioha’s commissioners’ list

Frontline Imo politician and renowned policy consultant, Dr. Chris Asoluka, has debunked the rumoured list of appointments trending on the social media, alleging to have been compiled by Imo State governor, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, which includes his name among many others.

Dr. Asoluka former Imo State Commissioner for Finance and Economic Planning, refuted the peddled rumour through his social media handles, precisely Facebook and Instagram earlier in the week.

Okwuruoha noted that inasmuch as it’s an honour to serve his people, he felts the need to hastily put an end to the wild speculation for a number of reasons.

In his post, he wrote: “First, I am pressed to inform my friends, including the young enquirer, that I’m rather not amused that after 25 years I had served Imo State in same capacity, someone is still anticipating that I get re-appointed. Imo is our own. No matter my love for Imo, if in my mid-thirties I was privileged to be appointed to that position, then our millennial generation deserves to be given a chance.

“My abiding faith in their potentials and the promise Imo holds for us must compel me, and indeed some of us, to always be available when genuinely invited by credible leaders, such as the incumbent, to join in his Rebuild Imo Agenda. This is why a number of us are available and willing to offer whatever support and solution, by way of advice and consultation.

“Finally this response is to drive home my long-held belief and message that, “it’s not only when one gets appointed or elected into office that he or she can be useful to his people. No! Leadership is not a position although it could strengthen its wings. I conclude by putting it straight, I’m not hoping and cannot accept to be a commissioner anymore,” he explained.

Following different reactions the post had generated, especially from the young people, he went further to explain that there was no intention to undermine anybody’s decision in accepting an appointment, also as he had no doubt in the credibility of those appointed so far by the governor.

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/imo-asoluka-debunks-rumoured-inclusion-on-ihediohas-commissioners-list/

1 Like

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by jlinkd78(m): 7:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ok. Hoping a disclaimer is not out soon
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by Born2Breed(f): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
If this is true, then he is a man of HONOUR,

22 Likes

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by hisgrace090: 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
Good move if not the handy work of bloggers.

1 Like

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by Prompto: 7:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
Igbo man turn down appointment I swear e no fit happen.
Born2Breed:
If this is true, then he is a man of HONOUR,

7 Likes

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by engrsyer(m): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2019
I like men like this

I wish those old politicians like Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu et al can allow younger generations of 25-35 years to hold leadership positions, possibly Nigeria would be a great nation.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by simonlee(m): 7:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
engrsyer:
I like men like this

I wish those old politicians like Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu et al can allow younger generations of 25-35 years to hold leadership positions, possibly Nigeria would be a great nation.
Did you say younger generations?...

3 Likes

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by engrsyer(m): 7:31pm On Jun 08, 2019
simonlee:

Did you say younger generations?...
You think they can't lead well? Especially if been elected as lawmakers so as to learn governance before going for elective executive positions
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by simonlee(m): 7:31pm On Jun 08, 2019
Prompto:

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by simonlee(m): 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
engrsyer:
You think they can't lead well? Especially if been elected as lawmakers so as to learn governance before going for elective executive positions
You want us to hand over an arm of government to 'learners'?

2 Shares

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by muykem: 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
Social media with fake news is like 5 and 6. They are telling the man to go and retire. Nigeria man will never turn down position because of any fucking youth except they feel the position is ridiculous compare to their status.
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by MikeBetty(m): 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
simonlee:

even Some Law Makers Did Not Know Before They Are Elected
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
muykem:
Social media with fake news is like 5 and 6. They are telling the man to go and retire. Nigeria man will never turn down position because of any fucking youth except they feel the position is ridiculous compare to their status.

Warped mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by ruggedtimi(m): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
A whole chairman of OGFZA....go back to be a commissioner for finance

3 Likes

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by extralargehead(m): 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
Has he been appointed a commissioner? why turn down what you have not been offered?only rumors!!!
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by properties4sale: 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
Na them sabi oh....

See very cheap home apparatus for sale at very affordable rate.

https://www.nairaland.com/5230906/properties-sale-cheap-prices
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by Saao(m): 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
Prompto:
lol u made me laugh so loud

1 Like

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by Jmk9292(m): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
If actually this is coming from Dr then its not a bad one...... Our old and recycled politicians should learn from that.

1 Like

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by LadySarah: 1:42am On Jun 09, 2019
We chop this man money that year in Futo.Item 7 things... grin

2 Likes

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by properties4sale: 5:19am On Jun 09, 2019
LadySarah:
We chop this man money that year in Futo.Item 7 things... grin
"Thanks for coming" wink

1 Like

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by Ijawdefender: 6:32am On Jun 09, 2019
Fake news. No source
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by sparog(m): 6:34am On Jun 09, 2019
engrsyer:
I like men like this

Hmmmn, inasmuch as I want young people at the helm of affairs of our dear country, before that can happen we will need a re-orientation of our young people because most young people have been affected by the society we now live in and if given opportunities to serve they will destroy this country. We've seen common SUG president embedded in corrupt activities that are mind bugling.

An average young Nigeria will only think about amassing wealth if elected or appointed into any political post just like our fathers have done.

1 Like

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by cvibe2: 6:35am On Jun 09, 2019
Smart guy.

Better to chop silently in Onne gas free zone than to come and be disturbed for chopping in Gov for 4years

1 Like

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by AustineE1: 7:20am On Jun 09, 2019
properties4sale:
"Thanks for coming" wink
..bad guy!
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by helinues: 7:33am On Jun 09, 2019
He hasn't been appointed yet, he is only responding to the rumours...

Stylishly seeking relevance
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by candygist: 8:12am On Jun 09, 2019
engrsyer:
I like men like this

The younger generations are into Yahoo Yahoo. They will end Nigeria in 200 days in office. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by franchasng: 8:24am On Jun 09, 2019
Prompto:
Majority of Igbo men will turn down political appointment from Buhari sad

Igbos don't rely on politics to survive, they rather travel out of Nigeria and struggle there to make ends meet than remain slave to a useless leader.

Igbos don't care about political appointments, they care more about self reliance and personal development and that is why it always seem like they are not politically correct or smart.

Don't quote me wrongly, there are thousands of useless Igbo men and women who are ready to sell their birthright for a pot of ewedu angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by Marcelinho(m): 8:26am On Jun 09, 2019
simonlee:

What do you mean, which school do they learn politics if not on the job?
Re: Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha by PapaAdanna: 8:28am On Jun 09, 2019
Prompto:
I think say na Tinubu that is enslaving ur generation

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits Imo Today To Commission Projects / We Will Not Reveal Tompolo’s Hideout – Ijaws Vow Never To Betray Ex-militant / Watch: Al-jazeera Interview With President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.