Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory (20613 Views)

Presidential Primary: Dollar Rain As Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal Divide PDP Leaders / Jubilation As Saraki Meets Other Defectors At PDP Secretariat In Abuja. Photos / Outcry As Saraki, Dogara Sit On Late Legislators Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by arinze198(m): 11:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
First of all, all praise to Almighty God, who gives power to whom he wills. Political victory came to Saraki in the past so easily that he forgot who he was. He became haughty and prideful. To the proud, the arrogant and the haughty, no one except God is powerful by himself or herself. Power is given, bestowed or granted and it must be kept in trust with reverence or it will be retrieved. Saraki got invested in himself so much as to take his people for granted and hold them in disdain.

When I started attacking Saraki on this wall and in my column, many may not know I once sat with this man, at the same table at a wedding reception, in which I was “chairperson”. We exchanged banter and he was quite personable, likeable and young.

There is nothing wrong with ambition; there is everything wrong with vaulting ambition. Vaulting ambition blunders the ambitious into thinking everything is fair game, it reduces their humanity and exposes an ugly side that is very alienating.

Politically, Saraki has the best resume to be anything in this country. He was governor for 8 unbroken years. He was Chairman of Governor’s forum which meant he knew 35 most powerful men in various states at the time and championed their interests. He was in the Senate for 8 years, that means he knew at least three most powerful political players from each state of the federation.

From birth, Saraki was never in lack. How could a man so blessed, be so greedy and petulant? How could a man so privileged and young let us down? Like Dimeji Bankole, he had it all and squandered it all. That was my major angst. Saraki would sit on his chair in his vast living room and old men would crouch on the floor with him nodding at them with mindless inattention. He divvied up Kwara State resources with such reckless wonder. He thought he was Kwara.

Full story: http://pmexpressng.com/saraki-goes-political-purgatory/

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 09, 2019
Oloye will be back

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by BuhariAdvocate: 2:59am On Jun 09, 2019
Back to where you should give him a space in your state you can send obi of onitsha from the throne for Saraki. quote author=Awol1 post=79150197]Oloye will be back[/quote]

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by NigeriaIsDoomed: 3:50am On Jun 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Back to where you should give him a space in your state you can send obi of onitsha from the throne for Saraki. quote author=Awol1 post=79150197]Oloye will be back
I swear you are your generation can only dream of being Saraki's house help. History has it that those who envy successful individuals are serial failure.
I understand why you are always attacking successful individuals.
Quote me the day you and your generation secure a job to be Saraki's house help. grin

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by rusher14: 4:36am On Jun 09, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
I swear you are your generation can only dream of being Saraki's house help. History has it that those who envy successful individuals are serial failure.
Quote me the day you and your generation secure a job to be Saraki's house help. grin

Why not depose your village head and put a throne for Saraki to bless your land as his replacement?

86 Likes 12 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by NigeriaIsDoomed: 5:06am On Jun 09, 2019
rusher14:

Why not depose your village head and put a throne for Saraki to bless your land as his replacement?
hater, you and your generation can never measure up with Saraki till you die, I swear!
You can only die in penury hating successful individuals I bet you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by Rucheen(m): 5:35am On Jun 09, 2019
What is purgatory
Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by Nobody: 5:45am On Jun 09, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:

How is he envying successful individuals in the case of Saraki? So Nigerians are no longer allowed to dislike a treacherous politician who, as the article highlights, was given so much but could give nothing back to the people? You lot will attack Tinubu all day yet look at the development he has brought to Lagos? Whereas Kwara has regressed pitifully under Saraki. At national level, in the Senate, all he did was to use his position to frustrate the executive and thus Nigeria by extension. He is finished and good riddance to bad rubbish. A totally worthless politician.

89 Likes 15 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 09, 2019
Awol1:
Oloye will be back

Back to what? When has Saraki ever thrived in opposition like Tinubu? When has he built and sustained political structures like Tinubu, Buhari et al? When has he stayed true to the cause like Akande,Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Buhari et al? Instead all he engages in is political prostitution that sees him jumping ship, for self-preservation, when the going gets tough. PDP to APC then back to PDP.

He can only be "back" if he joins APGA next and Igbos will make him Governor of Anambra. Otherwise Saraki is dead in State and national politics because he has never built bridges as a politician and is only famous for backstabbing others to include even his own father. A totally dishonourable cad. No one will remember him out of office let alone bother to try help him regain political relevance. Saraki is gone for good and will only be relevant again if PDP reclaim the centre.

75 Likes 14 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by salbis(m): 6:29am On Jun 09, 2019
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.

3 Likes

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by opalu: 6:30am On Jun 09, 2019
Ok

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by kaen1317: 6:30am On Jun 09, 2019
The man they couldnt remove.

1 Like

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by TheFacelessMan: 6:31am On Jun 09, 2019
grin

Let no one tell you different..

The Negro can't do anything in Kwara State again.

Federal maybe, but his State, his base...Game over!

Anyone who has been to Kwara or resided there will know FG didn't rig him out or manipulate any results

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by franchasng: 6:36am On Jun 09, 2019
angry
Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:37am On Jun 09, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
grin

Let no one tell you different..

The Negro can't do anything in Kwara State again.

Federal maybe, but his state, his base...Game over!

Anyone who has been to Kwara or resided there will know FG didn't rig him out or manipulate any results
yea they only use federal intimidation and paid media propaganda... Relax what u just tried to say can happen to most politicians.. U think ur tinubu will make heaven Then u must delusional if ur answer was yes. No one has a pristine anus..

Let's do basics... I want to build a community village market I have my plot, design, budget and workers to build... I monitor it myself or send me a person or persons if I'm indisposed... But same thing exactly ur ministers and lawmakers take 100s of millions not for building it but for OVERSIGHT FUNCTIONS... Ignore saraki bro. Apart from his rise to unprecedented fame in dis game.. The nigerian envious nature and pull him down syndrome played an integral part...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by zibya: 6:37am On Jun 09, 2019
Good riddance to corrupt rubbish

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by SilasNwude: 6:39am On Jun 09, 2019
[s]
zibya:
Good riddance to corrupt rubbish
[/s]
trash
Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by porshnuel: 6:39am On Jun 09, 2019
Pure gibberish .....
This writeup must be written by ..

1 Share

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by DrChukzy(m): 6:40am On Jun 09, 2019
Oshigun:

Back to what? When has Saraki ever thrived in opposition like Tinubu? When has he built and sustained political structures like Tinubu, Buhari et al? When has he stayed true to the cause like Akande,Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Buhari et al? Instead all he engages in is political prostitution that sees him jumping ship, for self-preservation, when the going gets tough. PDP to APC then back to PDP.

He can only be "back" if he joins APGA next and Igbos will make him Governor of Anambra. Otherwise Saraki is dead in State and national politics because he has never built bridges as a politician and is only famous for backstabbing others to include even his own father. A totally dishonourable cad. No one will remember him out of office let alone bother to try help him regain political relevance. Saraki is gone for good and will only be relevant again if PDP reclaim the centre.

Shut it.

Oloye will be back, whether you like it or not.

The lagoon is open son

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by barron2094: 6:42am On Jun 09, 2019
A piece of garbage written by an idiot whose only claim to glory is having sat at the same wedding table with Saraki. Believe that Saraki goes to political purgatory if you also believe Buhari has integrity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by TheFacelessMan: 6:42am On Jun 09, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
yea they only use federal intimidation and paid media propaganda... Relax what u just tried to say can happen to most politicians.. U think ur tinubu will make heaven Then u must delusional if ur answer was yes. No one has a pristine anus

Where did i mention Tinubu ?

My posts are meant for people with a minimum level of IQ not like Carmal90, Saraki's asslicker.

You shouldn't be angry you couldn't grasp my message as simple as it was.

Point out the achievements Saraki has in Kwara that "paid media propaganda" destroyed.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by TheFacelessMan: 6:44am On Jun 09, 2019
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by helinues: 6:46am On Jun 09, 2019
Bye-bye Omo baba Oloye

Straight to political oblivion

9 Likes

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by nairalee(m): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2019
Saraki has tried. I don't even know what he wants anymore. The only thing left is presidency. But if the people hate him so much as OP has OPined, then he should go into full time business and enjoy his dough

But we all know power is insatiable so I know he'll still look for something political

7 Likes

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by blackpanda: 6:49am On Jun 09, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
yea they only use federal intimidation and paid media propaganda... Relax what u just tried to say can happen to most politicians.. U think ur tinubu will make heaven Then u must delusional if ur answer was yes. No one has a pristine anus..

Let's do basics... I want to build a community village market I have my plot, design, budget and workers to build... I monitor it myself or send me a person or persons if I'm indisposed... But same thing exactly ur ministers and lawmakers take 100s of millions not for building it but for OVERSIGHT FUNCTIONS... Ignore saraki bro. Apart from his rise to unprecedented fame in dis game.. The nigerian envious nature and pull him down syndrome played an integral part...

So why didn't the same federal might and intimidation remove Wike Smh

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by thaoriginator: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2019
grin

I like it

1 Like

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by babakb: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2019
Once Saraki goes back to APC his sins would be forgiven.............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by toprealman: 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
Rucheen:
What is purgatory
A place where according to the writer, Saraki has gone to......at least for now.

9 Likes

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by martowskin1(m): 6:54am On Jun 09, 2019
People in this thread are those who only read news on NL....

So they even lack minimum knowledge to discuss
Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by Lightening: 6:55am On Jun 09, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Where did i mention Tinubu ?

My posts are meant for people with a minimum level of IQ.

You shouldn't be angry you couldn't grasp my message as simple as it was.

Point out the achievements Saraki has in Kwara that "paid media propaganda" destroyed.

Point out the achievements of Buhari during his first term that IPOD is not seeing. These amala-brained Afonja goats sef.
Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by TheFacelessMan: 6:55am On Jun 09, 2019
Lightening:

Lightening to his useless father:

Point out the achievements of Buhari during his first term that IPOD is not seeing. These amala-brained Afonja goats sef.

Read my message SLOWLY. Show where i mentioned Buhari.

I am not surprised about your dad. It shows.

My condolences

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Saraki Goes Into Political Purgatory by Ultimatezlant: 6:56am On Jun 09, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
hater, you and your generation can never measure up with Saraki till you die, I swear!
You can only die in penury hating successful individuals I bet you.
no offense o, but aren't you always doing same to tinubu?

You never say this when it is about the most obsessed, talk about politician in Nairaland

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway / Lagos Lawmakers Oppose Stoppage Of Pension For Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Others / The Nigerian Alliance (TNA) Candidates For 2023 Election (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.