Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Come Now Let Us Reason Together - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come Now Let Us Reason Together (7405 Views)

Let Us Reason / Come, Let Us Reason Together - A Call To "Sanctified" Christian Reasoning / COME LET US REASON TOGETHER –SPIRITUAL UPGRADE AND UPDATE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by vescucci(m): 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2010
Lol. I'm glad. Truthfully, there's no point either way. If I was a Christian, meaning I worship Christ, I wouldn't think it even mattered that much anyways. Jesus would be just as awesome either way. While we're closing curtains, may I suggest we close the curtains on whether Jesus is divine too and 'argue' about other things whereof one's opinion really makes a difference in the world.
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by Enigma(m): 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2010
vescucci:

. . . Jesus would be just as awesome either way.

Jesus is indeed awesome anyhow you look at it; indeed it is an apt time to remind readers of these words of the Master Himself.

At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.
Matthew 11:25 NASB
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by vescucci(m): 11:38pm On Oct 10, 2010
Lol. Are you saying Deep Sight is wise and intelligent and intellectual? Lol. I just couldn't help it, forgive me. I think this verse sums up what I've been trying to say before Nuke and Deep engaged each other and everyone in the virgin birth saga. The verse shows that one needs spiritual 'organs' to understand and recognize spiritual matters. Leave your intellectualism at home. As I said earlier, this is not a bad thing and is not the same as being plain stupid like people who . . . . . . well pick a suitable example.
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by nuclearboy(m): 12:17am On Oct 11, 2010
@Vesc:

I'm sure you wouldn't consider Enigma a literal infant so you shouldn't consider DeepSight as wise and intellectual LITERALLY. I think the context shows its about "confident self-assurance based on a thought process that self-glorifies yet is lacking in THE something the author saw as being most important"
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by DeepSight(m): 12:49am On Oct 11, 2010
amazing if u think vesc didnt get that.

Anyhow ur 'something' which u think is lacking is simply the element of agreeing with you.

No doubt if i agreed with u then u wud believe that 'something' to be there.
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by vescucci(m): 1:02am On Oct 11, 2010
What are you both doing online at the same time at this hour? You guys bring out the best in each other. Indeed I understood the message Nuke, lol. I'm looking for kAG sef on your thread, Deep. She/he left when I brought up her/his she/he sex, lol. Go help me find him/her Deep, please?
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by InesQor(m): 2:13am On Oct 11, 2010
Lol I hope the neighbours will forgive me. Nuclearboy and most especially Enigma have made me laugh like a mad hatter tonight cos of this thread! You see, this was why I didnt bother any longer. DeepSight wants to put a final "ineluctable" cap on an argument that has raged for millenia. And no, its not like he has new evidence. Lolage.

You cannot fill a cup that is full. If you are staggeringly clear about your beliefs then we can forget the gist.
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by InesQor(m): 2:15am On Oct 11, 2010
@Deep Sight: and please my name is InesQor or inesqor if you want. If I'm to restructure your name you may not like what I come up with. Cheers dude.
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by DeepSight(m): 11:51am On Oct 11, 2010
What is wrong with you troublesome lot? Did you not see that the curtains have been drawn on this episode?

InesQor:

@Deep Sight: and please my name is InesQor or inesqor if you want. If I'm to restructure your name you may not like what I come up with. Cheers dude.

Sorry I don't know what your view of the short-form I produced is, but I thought it rather cute. Only after your complaint did i look at it again and saw the possible alternative imputation. It really was not intended in any negative way, but fondly only.

InesQor:

DeepSight wants to put a final "ineluctable" cap on an argument that has raged for millenia. And no, its not like he has new evidence. Lolage.

The old evidence is sufficient: however the world is such a sad place that dogma may trump reason for millenia - until you can tell us how or when the King of Assyria came to plunder Damascus AFTER Jesus was born, you simply don't have a hope of a case: cos the prophecy states exactly that about the son to be born of the alma.
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by InesQor(m): 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
grin *Teary-eyed-yawn*

What does "prophecy" mean to you, Deep Sight?

*another-Teary-eyed-yawn*

That's too hard. Let's have fun. More comedy, please? cheesy
Re: Come Now Let Us Reason Together by Kay17: 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
What place does Faith have in Christianity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction / If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? / The Car: Another Look At Religious Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.