Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar (1671 Views)

UK Firm Will Pay You ₦13.4m/yr To Find Luxury Cars In UAE Supercar Graveyards / Thousands Of Cars Including Rolls-Royce & Lambo Rot In Supercar Graveyard In UAE / Pope's ₦82m Lamborghini Huracan Supercar Could Be Yours For As Little As ₦3,650 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by baconline(m): 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
If I have enough time I want to venture into this, I will get a donor car for the chassis, get a V8 engine and gearbox and build the rest from cabon fibre , I don't have much experience mechanically so need all the help from the gurus in the house ,
Looking at a mid engine 800+ horse power vehicle , I will be checking out owode if I can get a donor car there
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by baconline(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mid engine or rear engine
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by TRYGO(m): 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
What you're proposing, isn't that bad.
But from your statement, it appears you're still contemplating, or in the planning stages, hence the "if I have time....".

Have you sat down to count the cost, in terms of time, finance, and the most important to me, is more of researching (this would help you understand the basics of some of your project).

Regards,
Joseph
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:06am On Jun 10, 2019
baconline:
If I have enough time I want to venture into this, I will get a donor car for the chassis, get a V8 engine and gearbox and build the rest from cabon fibre , I don't have much experience mechanically so need all the help from the gurus in the house ,
Looking at a mid engine 800+ horse power vehicle , I will be checking out owode if I can get a donor car there

nice initiative but is this going to be a side hobby thing or a major project?
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by timifakay(m): 2:49am On Jun 11, 2019
baconline:

Carbon fibre body... Do you have experience working with carbon fibre?
It's been tickling my fancy in recent times

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by nurey(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
baconline:

you don't need a V8 to build a super car, look for all those sleeper super cars Toyota Supra, Nissan 350, Mitsubishi lancer, Mazda RX series, buy OEM turbo kit and boost the engine prowess and beat everybody on the road as long as the road is raceable. shikena.

horsepower or high number of cylinders doesn't put you in an advantage over contenders. You can also get the open roadster or the Vauxhall VX220 those are small engine supercar destroyers
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
nurey:

you don't need a V8 to build a super car, look for all those sleeper super cars Toyota Supra, Nissan 350, Mitsubishi lancer, Mazda RX series, buy OEM turbo kit and boost the engine prowess and beat everybody on the road as long as the road is raceable. shikena.

horsepower or high number of cylinders doesn't put you in an advantage over contenders. You can also get the open roadster or the Vauxhall VX220 those are small engine supercar destroyers

make una come mod my 4cyl Camry na?
I'd take an intake overhaul... thank u kindly!

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by nurey(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

make una come mod my 4cyl Camry na? I'd take an intake overhaul... thank u kindly!
2az wet dey burn oil like burna boy? grin no be me and you go mod that one.
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by nurey(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

make una come mod my 4cyl Camry na? I'd take an intake overhaul... thank u kindly!
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
nurey:

abeg na, my own never begin burn oil
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by nurey(m): 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

abeg na, my own never begin burn oil
do you want it Turbo charged or supercharged?
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2019
nurey:

do you want it Turbo charged or supercharged?
super charged... grin
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by nurey(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

super charged...
grin

mix sawdust and Tetraoxosulphate 6 acid and ethelene-dichloro-oxymethanol in the ratio 3:1:1 and pour the content inside the engine and fire away, ensure you upgrade you rotor disc and brake shoes then wind up and don't open your mouth because of flies.

Godspeed

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
nurey:

mix sawdust and Tetraoxosulphate 6 acid and ethelene-dichloro-oxymethanol in the ratio 3:1:1 and pour the content inside the engine and fire away, ensure you upgrade you rotor disc and brake shoes then wind up and don't open your mouth because of flies.

Godspeed

omo this kain advanced chemistry, but since nurey said so and Gazuzz has given go ahead.... then back to the lab it is
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by AutoMoTech(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
nurey:

Godspeed

lwkmd ahn ahn na wc kind combo be dis?
u wicked o.
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
AutoMoTech:

lwkmd ahn ahn na wc kind combo be dis? u wicked o.
no mind am, im wan make I carry my hand knock my engine...
grin
grin
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
baconline:
I'm with you on this. I've been thinking of doing this for months. Can we work together please. Share ideas and materials and all.
Message me on 09033012548
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
nurey:

Godspeed
You're a devil's incarnate! grin
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by AutoMoTech(m): 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

no mind am, im wan make I carry my hand knock my engine...
grin
grin
bt u sef for try am fes na abi?

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by AutoMoTech(m): 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
You're a devil's incarnate! grin
r U sure he is not d devil himself? hehehe evil men everywhere
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
AutoMoTech:

bt u sef for try am fes na abi?
lolz this one pass me oh
grin
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by baconline(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
Any ideas where I can get a spot welding machine locally
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2019
You want to build a supercar?

Step 1: Get a light car. Corolla or Civic, preferably.
Step 2: Drop an LS in it
Step 3: Profit
Re: Thinking Of Building A DIY Supercar by Olumike456: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2019
Keep us update when u start by posting pictures

(1) (Reply)

Suzuki Korope for sale / Where Is Siena? I Can't Take It Anymore! / Price Of Honda Catalyst Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.