Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court (24739 Views)

Meet The 5 Justices Who Gave Apc’s Oyetola Victory At The Supreme Court / Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions / Agbakoba Makes Revelation About Tanko Muhammed, Acting CJN Appointed By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2019
Fear of defeat at the apex court.
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by 5oyad: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2019
samstradam:

This is the problem with irrational hate, it turns grown educated men into crying inconsolable babies.

Now I ask, when you write to an institution do you not address it to somebody? If write to UNILAG, should I address it to UNILAG and say "Dear UNILAG". If i write to the Police do I say "Dear Police". Or maybe the reason why our Senators are doing whatever they like is because people have been writing letters saying "Dear Senate"!

In all cases we know that you write a letter and address it to an actual office/officer of the institution, even if the officer is a cleaner, it must be addressed to a recognised office/officer.

Tanko is the ag CJN. By the office he holds he is the chairman of both the NJC and FJSC. But you knew this already, yet you felt the need to try to belittle your President.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you are just a graduate of Baba Iyabo's school of meaningless and directionless letter writing..... oya ...."Dear Nigeria, See what Buhari has done again!"
All letters to NJC are routed through the secretary. Don’t act too smart mister because you don’t know anything
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by NonsoWow: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2019
[s]
walexy100:
Fear of defeat at the apex court. [/s]
Trash.
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by tomju(m): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Yes i do! Its difficult to understand what dumb people say or mean.
quote author=id911 post=79178151]

It's like you have comprehension problem. I said the letter should have been addressed to NJC as an institution not Ag. CJN as as individual. That's the procedure and the right institution to look into it not an individual [/quote]
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by 9jaRealist: 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
agabusta:

The constitution supersedes any act.

There is NO issue of constitutional supremacy....
Since the Supreme Court Act does not prescribe in excess of 21 justices!

For the avoidance of any doubt, the Constitution does NOT require nor mandate 21 justices. It merely requires ANY number prescribed by an Act of the National Assembly, so long as such number does not “exceed” 21. The Supreme Court Act is therefore a required mandate of the Constitution - and while my maths is a bit rusty, I am certain that 15 does NOT “exceed” 21.

Again, who exactly is counseling the President on these matters?! You? cheesy
>
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by 9jaRealist: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
5oyad:

All letters to NJC are routed through the secretary. Don’t act too smart mister because you don’t know anything

Spot on!

Just as official correspondence to the Supreme Court as a body is routed through (and usually addressed to) the Chief Registrar and not the CJN, official correspondence to the National Judicial Council as a body should go through the NJC’s bureaucracy) and not through the CJN.

Yet again, who is advising the President on these matters? angry
>
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by 9jaRealist: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
agabusta:

You guys are unbelievable. So who else can appoint Justices of the supreme court in Nigeria if not the president.

All the presidents before him, didn't they appoint justices of the supreme court even when they had pending cases?

Which law says a president should not appoint justices when he has pending cases before the courts?

Even in the US, despite the myriad of cases of Trump, didn't he appoint a supreme court justice?

The President can ONLY appoint justices in conformity with the law and the Constitution...
Any attempt to appoint any more than the current 15 justices is in violation of the law (SC Act) and the Constitution (Section 230(b)(2)).
>
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by 9jaRealist: 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2019
agabusta:

The other branch of government are only co-equals in your imagination. Digest the constitution and you'll clearly see that the number 1 position of the president is unrivaled.

Sadly, this is apparently the misguided attitude of many in Aso Rock - until the National Assembly broaches IMPEACHMENT! grin
>
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Built2last: 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
agabusta:

Since you confirmed yourself that Southerners are more, addition of more justices from the North should not be a concern. There must be equity.

The supreme court should be roughly 50/50 between the North and the South.

Just as it is 50/50 in top security architecture abi
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by olutunde12(m): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
I know something for sure. The plan to islamise country will fail like it has failed severally.
If you are a Christian and you are supporting buhari, check this.
Most of the service chiefs are moslems.
The President is a moslem
APC wants to bring in Lawan as Senate president.
Alfa Gbajabiamila as speaker of house
A Northern moslem is the CJN.
So, what do you think buhari and APC are planning?
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by samstradam: 9:34am On Jun 12, 2019
5oyad:

I might not know anything but surely dimwits like you could make even a mallet look sharp!

Attached are two letters by two "honourable" justices to the NJC, please note who they addressed their letter to. But don't worry, our President of 200 million people will address his letter to a mere secretary to make irredeemable fools like you happy next time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by samstradam: 9:43am On Jun 12, 2019
9jaRealist:

Spot on!

Just as official correspondence to the Supreme Court as a body is routed through (and usually addressed to) the Chief Registrar and not the CJN, official correspondence to the National Judicial Council as a body should go through the NJC’s bureaucracy) and not through the CJN.

Yet again, who is advising the President on these matters? angry
>

Lol, ITKs full here!!

I am sure even Justices with 30 years plus experience don't know how to address letters to NJC but nairaland e-warriors do. Or maybe a man born into law like Ademola, a High court Justice, does not know simple letter writing and that he must inform a secetary that he wants to retire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/retired-voluntarily-immediately-freed-court-justice-ademola/%3famp

Honestly, irrational hate coupled with unemployment is a serious disease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by 9jaRealist: 11:04am On Jun 12, 2019
samstradam:

Lol, ITKs full here!!

I am sure even Justices with 30 years plus experience don't know how to address letters to NJC but nairaland e-warriors do. Or maybe a man born into law like Ademola, a High court Justice, does not know simple letter writing and that he must inform a secetary that he wants to retire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/retired-voluntarily-immediately-freed-court-justice-ademola/%3famp

And what exactly does a letter that the NJC itself held to be an IMPROPER attempted resignation have to do with who receives correspondence to the NJC as a body?! The very fact that Justice Ademola was being retired by definition indicates that not all of his conduct are proper. grin
>
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by 9jaRealist: 11:22am On Jun 12, 2019
samstradam:

Lol, ITKs full here!!

Meanwhile, there’s absolutely NO indication that Justice Okoro’s letter was to the NJC as a body, rather than a direct communication to the CJN (despite the honorifics). For starters, he states in the first paragraph that he had asked the DSS to be allowed to call the CJN (not the NJC) but was refused. He thereafter addresses “My Lord” indicating that he was addressing one person (the CJN), NOT a council or body. grin
>
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by samstradam: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2019
9jaRealist:

Meanwhile, there’s absolutely NO indication that Justice Okoro’s letter was to the NJC as a body, rather than a direct communication to the CJN (despite the honorifics). For starters, he states in the first paragraph that he has asked the DSS to be allowed to call the CJN (not the NJC) but was refused. He thereafter addresses “My Lord” indicating that he was addressing one person (the CJN), NOT a council or body. grin
>

You are a dishonourable idiot and I will waste no more time trying to educate you. With people like you this country will struggle to move forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by 9jaRealist: 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2019
samstradam:

You are a dishonourable idiot and I will waste no more time trying to educate you. With people like you this country will struggle to move forward.

When people resort to personal insults, it’s an indication that they are either losing the substantive argument or are the product of a crude upbringing - or both! Either way, I will not dignify you by degenerating into that gutter with you. SMH
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West / FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt / Unknown Gunmen Attack Ondo Police Station, Kill Inspector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.