Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court (24695 Views)

Meet The 5 Justices Who Gave Apc’s Oyetola Victory At The Supreme Court / Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions / Agbakoba Makes Revelation About Tanko Muhammed, Acting CJN Appointed By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by yns4real: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
i just hope the five (5) additional judges will not be fulanis and Muslims

There is strict consideration of federal character in the appointment of justices of the Supreme Court. See the list of the current occupants of the posts

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by TruthinAction: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
All these are to ensure that judgment is delivered in his favour. The other day, it was the appeal court judges. Now it's the Supreme Court. But he can never influence the court of heaven. And he is the final judge.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by tomju(m): 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
Lazy Nigerian Youth, you will never read! Even after a section of the constitution was quoted in that letter, you are still confused. Download constitution of the FRN on your phone, you will need it in times like this, you will not agree. Its only instagram app that you know. Take i dash you" 230. (1) There shall be a Supreme Court of Nigeria.

(2) The Supreme Court of Nigeria shall consist of - (a) the Chief Justice of Nigeria; and
(b) such number of Justices of the Supreme Court, not exceeding twenty-one, as may be prescribed by an Act of the National Assembly. 231. (1) The appointment of a person to the office of Chief Justice of Nigeria shall be made by the President on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council subject to confirmation of such appointment by the Senate. (2) The appointment of a person to the office of a Justice of the Supreme Court shall be made by the President on the National Judicial Council subject to confirmation of such appointment by the senate." He is acting based on a letter of recommendation from the NJC. Do you want it spelt out?

id911:
I'm I missing something? Is it not the NJC, through the FJSC, that normally recommend Justices to the President for appointment? Why is the President writing to the Ag CJN instead of NJC? I'm kinda confused here

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by id911(m): 11:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
tomju:
Lazy Nigerian Youth, you will never read! Even after a section of the constitution was quoted in that letter, you are still confused. Download constitution of the FRN on your phone, you will need it in times like this, you will not agree. Its only instagram app that you know. Take i dash you" 230. (1) There shall be a Supreme Court of Nigeria.

(2) The Supreme Court of Nigeria shall consist of - (a) the Chief Justice of Nigeria; and
(b) such number of Justices of the Supreme Court, not exceeding twenty-one, as may be prescribed by an Act of the National Assembly. 231. (1) The appointment of a person to the office of Chief Justice of Nigeria shall be made by the President on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council subject to confirmation of such appointment by the Senate. (2) The appointment of a person to the office of a Justice of the Supreme Court shall be made by the President on the National Judicial Council subject to confirmation of such appointment by the senate." He is acting based on a letter of recommendation from the NJC. Do you want it spelt out?

What is the difference between what I said and what you extracted and posted up there? My God! Who's wrong and who's right? I can't make any further comment again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by tomju(m): 11:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
Difference is that it does not go through FJSC!
id911:

What is the difference between what I said and what you extracted and posted up there? My God! Who's wrong and who's right? I can't make any further comment again

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by id911(m): 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
tomju:
Difference is that it does not go through FJSC!

It's like you have comprehension problem. I said the letter should have been addressed to NJC as an institution not Ag. CJN as as individual. That's the procedure and the right institution to look into it not an individual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Urchman200: 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
So Buhari decide who becomes a supreme court judge in Nigeria?the system of separation of power is dead in Nigeria, that means we should brace up a fool blown atutoterian leadership in Nigeria. God help us in this 4years of evil governance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Danwakae(m): 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
For those of you that may want to reach the CJN to get clearification on this issue, pls call his number :

Zebin zero Zebin, tonty tu, zebinty por, pipty pap, porty por.

NAGODE .

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Urchman200: 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2019
yns4real:

Comprehension problem! Did you read this part: ..., I am pleased to request that you initiate in earnest the process of appointing additional five Justices of....

The appointment of Justices involves NJC compiling and submitting to d President, a list of recommended judges of proven integrity.

The President, after collecting the list does a background check to ensure the names submitted for appointment are really people of good character with professional competence without any dent.

If the President is satisfied and d recommended people passed the integrity test, he will write the Senate for ratification and approval of the recommended people for the post of justices of the Supreme Court.
can u pause a bit and read ur writeup again?a man that have a case to answer before this judge's will now decide which judge should be appointed. I am really confused about Nigeria version of democracy.
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by bigpicture001: 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
Nigerians are not fools...buhari is figjting hard to change 5 of 8 members of supreme court...so that when his case gets there..he would be favoured....

I dont blame him nd tinubu, instead i blame nigerians for swallowing every poo he shits!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by bigpicture001: 11:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
Buhari is corupting all Nigeria's institutions!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by kratos12345: 11:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
yns4real:

Comprehension problem! Did you read this part: ..., I am pleased to request that you initiate in earnest the process of appointing additional five Justices of....

The appointment of Justices involves NJC compiling and submitting to d President, a list of recommended judges of proven integrity.

The President, after collecting the list does a background check to ensure the names submitted for appointment are really people of good character with professional competence without any dent.

If the President is satisfied and d recommended people passed the integrity test, he will write the Senate for ratification and approval of the recommended people for the post of justices of the Supreme Court.
who are telling abi analysing all these foolish stories? You think, we are strangers? Or you think we are all like Bugari who is without an inch of human substance? Or you think we do not know that Buhari is worst tribalistic president we have ever had?
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Donenam(m): 11:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
Okay O -
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by deomelo: 12:01am On Jun 10, 2019
id911:

That's why I said the reminder should have been addressed to NJC as an institution not Ag. CJN as an individual

1. The president did not write the letter to the CJ as an individual or a nobody job blow from down the street for his personal consumption, he sent the letter to the CJ as the head and representative of NJC, so in effect, he actually wrote the NJC.

2. There is not a single law within the Nigerian constitution that says the president can not write the CJ and head of the NJC regarding such matters.

3. We even don't know how it was addressed.

You are just making a mountain out of a molehill just to start a needless, irrelevant and meaningless argument.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 10, 2019
id911:

He should have instructed his aides to write to NJC as an institution not the Ag. CJN as an individual

His aides wrote to njc .my God you just told the whole world how ignorant u are

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by cuteluks(f): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2019
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by adiman1(m): 12:19am On Jun 10, 2019
this country is a joke I swear
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by samstradam: 12:43am On Jun 10, 2019
id911:
I'm I missing something? Is it not the NJC, through the FJSC, that normally recommend Justices to the President for appointment? Why is the President writing to the Ag CJN instead of NJC? I'm kinda confused here

This is the problem with irrational hate, it turns grown educated men into crying inconsolable babies.

Now I ask, when you write to an institution do you not address it to somebody? If write to UNILAG, should I address it to UNILAG and say "Dear UNILAG". If i write to the Police do I say "Dear Police". Or maybe the reason why our Senators are doing whatever they like is because people have been writing letters saying "Dear Senate"!

In all cases we know that you write a letter and address it to an actual office/officer of the institution, even if the officer is a cleaner, it must be addressed to a recognised office/officer.

Tanko is the ag CJN. By the office he holds he is the chairman of both the NJC and FJSC. But you knew this already, yet you felt the need to try to belittle your President.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you are just a graduate of Baba Iyabo's school of meaningless and directionless letter writing..... oya ...."Dear Nigeria, See what Buhari has done again!"

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Chukwurah003: 12:53am On Jun 10, 2019
Yankee101:
Never going to happen until your candidacy and election results are adjudicated

Stupid people

You go wail tire. you never start grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by ogunsj: 12:57am On Jun 10, 2019
Urchman200:
So Buhari decide who becomes a supreme court judge in Nigeria?the system of separation of power is dead in Nigeria, that means we should brace up a fool blown atutoterian leadership in Nigeria. God help us in this 4years of evil governance.
I guess Buhari wrote the constitution, abi? don't die of heart actack because of Buhari my dear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by akilo1: 1:00am On Jun 10, 2019
id911:
go back to primary sch bros..comprehension problem na bad market for your age

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by ogunsj: 1:02am On Jun 10, 2019
bigpicture001:

Nigerians are not fools...buhari is figjting hard to change 5 of 8 members of supreme court...so that when his case gets there..he would be favoured....

I dont blame him nd tinubu, instead i blame nigerians for swallowing every poo he shits!
you didn't vote Buhari, but people like us did and you are not more Nigerian than us. 1000 supreme court judges from your village cannot stop Buhari from being your president for the next 4 yrs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Dickson80: 1:12am On Jun 10, 2019
Tocynone:
Ok
Who & who re they judges what re their names?
Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by roymary: 1:38am On Jun 10, 2019
zibya:
millions of us voted for him to be our president. Millions of you in the minority thought otherwise. Buhari stays wether you like it or not

SMH!!! Typical zombie. You sound like a robot simply following a program. No one in their right senses supports this government.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Yyeske(m): 1:56am On Jun 10, 2019
samstradam:

This is the problem with irrational hate, it turns grown educated men into crying inconsolable babies.

Now I ask, when you write to an institution do you not address it to somebody? If write to UNILAG, should I address it to UNILAG and say "Dear UNILAG". If i write to the Police do I say "Dear Police". Or maybe the reason why our Senators are doing whatever they like is because people have been writing letters saying "Dear Senate"!

In all cases we know that you write a letter and address it to an actual office/officer of the institution, even if the officer is a cleaner, it must be addressed to a recognised office/officer.

Tanko is the ag CJN. By the office he holds he is the chairman of both the NJC and FJSC. But you knew this already, yet you felt the need to try to belittle your President.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you are just a graduate of Baba Iyabo's school of meaningless and directionless letter writing..... oya ...."Dear Nigeria, See what Buhari has done again!"
Don't lose your cool bro, wailers lose their senses whenever Buhari is involved.
Look at them trying to twist the law to favour their narrative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Yyeske(m): 2:03am On Jun 10, 2019
ogunsj:
I guess Buhari wrote the constitution, abi? don't die of heart actack because of Buhari my dear.
I do not suggest that it is everyone that you reply on nairaland, keep your cool and remain steadfast.
Haters of Buhari would definitely meet their Waterloo so bro, stop stressing yourself over those haters please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by Yyeske(m): 2:08am On Jun 10, 2019
roymary:

SMH!!! Typical zombie. You sound like a robot simply following a program. No one in their right senses supports this government.

undecided
Your senses are not in the right track and that was why majority of Nigerians voted for Buhari because we love him.
Wailers should do and continue to do the needful, wail more. We no send una.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by ogunsj: 2:16am On Jun 10, 2019
roymary:

undecided
my friend it's you who is sounding robotic, by trying to force people to like who you like, and to hate who you hate. life is dynamic, respecting other people's opinions is an indication that you are in your right senses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by gare(f): 2:32am On Jun 10, 2019
yns4real:

Whatever the process you and I know he wants his loyal supreme court justices, of that 5 you should be rest assured that 3 will come from the north.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by deomelo: 2:38am On Jun 10, 2019
gare:

Whatever the process you and I know he wants his loyal supreme court justices, of that 5 you should be rest assured that 3 will come from the north.

Assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Acting CJN On Appointment Of 5 Justices Of The Supreme Court by gare(f): 2:40am On Jun 10, 2019
deomelo:

Assumptions.

You can call it whatever you want, but who told you assumption doesn't come to reality

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Presents 10 Cars To Outstanding Civil Servants In Lagos / Chief Of Army Staff Visits Governor Sanwo-Olu At Lagos House (Pictures). / 2023: Ifeanyi Araraume Join Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.