Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice (10421 Views)

Bagudu Dissolves 21 Local Councils Chairmen, Councilors In Kebbi / South-West PDP Party Chairmen To Makinde: Who Cares If You Join APC? / APC Chairmen To Buhari: Some Govs Don’t Mean Well For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by BuhariAdvocate: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2019
The governor must have said this under the influence of alcohol. Anyway Thank God he listened to the people crying and he suspended the plan that's commendable.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by barinedan(m): 11:00am On Jun 10, 2019
Avenue For Looting
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by slivertongue: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2019
WASTE OF RESOURCES
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Funkybabee(f): 11:13am On Jun 10, 2019
Awon eleribu eyan, that's how aregbe wasted his own part with cuba yeye stuff.... why can't they sit down and think what they can offer to help osun youth fora second, na oyes 12k they should be eating only

GOD purnish devil over this state, he has done enough for us
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by ahamonyeka(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2019
bluke:
still owing salaries
yet they'll be paid travel allowance, hotel allowance feeding allowance esta code

the masses are .............................................
dying
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by ijabiken1(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2019
Flashyoil1:
Osun state government want to send the Local Government Chairmen to Dubai for 10days so that they want them to be exposed and groomed on international best practice on how to run a local government

They want to go to Dubai to learn how to operate local government �����‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

source https://thickmatch.com/osun-state-send-councils-chairmen-dubai-learn-intl-practice/
means of money laundering by gboyega oyetola,he knew that isiaka adeleke will win in supreme Court
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Goke7: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2019
teadrake:
Who do we offend in this country

na God o! grin
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Ayoefa: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

We copied our system of government(presidential system) which is a 3 tier government from USA.
While the Saudi operates an absolute monarchy.
Do you even know what is an absolute monarchy?

For you to compare the American system of government to Saudi Arabia and China as a system Nigeria should copy means you have to go back to secondary school, request for a refund of tuition fees from your government(talking about government as an academic field of study here) teacher.

You're the one to open your brain and think beyond your horizon.

Hey Dummy,

We have only copied part of the US System NOT the whole thing. Under the US system, the Speaker of the House is the number 3 in line while in the Nigerian system the Senate President is number 3. In the US Local govts are independent of the State and Federal Govt that is not the case in Nigeria. More importantly, we do not use the Electoral College system as is the case in the US. If our system were in place in the US, Trump won’t be the President after the least Election. That is a BIG/HUGE distinction.
Hillary Clinton would have been declared the winner with 3illion more votes than Trump.
So olodos like you saying that everything has to be like in the US needs to go back to school and learn the basics about the US system and governance in general.
Your ignorance/bias/diatribe is not so much about the fact that we are trying to copy from UAE (NOT SAUDI ARABIA as you insinuated) but the fact that UAE is a Muslim country. Semi educated, brainwashed, retarded zombies from the SadEast always goes into convulsion whenever anything about Islam or Muslim is mentioned. Going to see how an effective local govt is ran in Dubai does not translate into trying to change the system of govt but simply trying to learn how effective governance is achieved. This can be done under the Federal system, Parliamentary system or even Royal traditional system. Fear of Islam and Muslims will be the end of you and your fellow IPOB monkeys. Better learn to live with the Muslims or move to Congo or Angola.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by kitanga: 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2019
Who did this to us?

N25,000 to one lucky winner everyday. Deposit N200 or more on CloudBet http:///2HDMpM5 to qualify. Up to N1,000,000 CASH to giveaway
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2019
Ayoefa:

Hey Dummy,

We have only copied part of the US System NOT the whole thing. Under the US system, the Speaker of the House is the number 3 in line while in the Nigerian system the Senate President is number 3. In the US Local govts are independent of the State and Federal Govt that is not the case in Nigeria. More importantly, we do not use the Electoral College system as is the case in the US. If our system were in place in the US, Trump won’t be the President after the least Election. That is a BIG/HUGE distinction.
Hillary Clinton would have been declared the winner with 3illion more votes than Trump.
So olodos like you saying that everything has to be like in the US needs to go back to school and learn the basics about the US system and governance in general.
Your ignorance/bias/diatribe is not so much about the fact that we are trying to copy from UAE (NOT SAUDI ARABIA as you insinuated) but the fact that UAE is a Muslim country. Semi educated, brainwashed, retarded zombies from the SadEast always goes into convulsion whenever anything about Islam or Muslim is mentioned. Going to see how an effective local govt is ran in Dubai does not translate into trying to change the system of govt but simply trying to learn how effective governance is achieved. This can be done under the Federal system, Parliamentary system or even Royal traditional system. Fear of Islam and Muslims will be the end of you and your fellow IPOB monkeys. Better learn to live with the Muslims or move to Congo or Angola.

First things first... You're the dummy here.
There's a demarcation line between a system of government and a nation's Constitution that guides and controls such systems. We have different systems of government.. Military, Unitary, Confederal, parliamentary, presidential amongst others.

I told you we copied the presidential system of government from United States of America, not the American constitution. It's the Constitution of a State that state/determines who's to succeed who in case of death, resignation or impeachment. Not a presidential system of government or any other system of government.

Secondly, the difference between United State's local government system and that of Nigeria is the same difference between Real Madrid Fc & Kano Pillars. That is why I said I like the idea, sending them abroad, made mention of how Peter the Great toured Western Europe in a bid to modernize/reform Russian administrative institutions however, Saudi Arabia ain't the best available option.

Thirdly, United State's electoral college is derived from the United State's Constitution. Not from any system of government same as the first point.
So olodos like you that cannot differentiate between a constitution and a system of government can still go back and demand for tuition fees from his/her secondary school government teacher. E never late.
Talking about religious bigotry,, you're DEAD WRONG cox I don't do religion in any form. Whether Xtianity, Islam, Confusciuanism, Buddhism amongst others. I don't give a flying fvck about their imaginary self invented skydaddy.

Ps = A presidential system of government refers to a system of government where there's an elected president with a fixed tenure and a clear separation of powers between and among the three organs of government. It is not and can never be a CONSTITUTION!!!.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Ayoefa: 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

First things first... You're the dummy here.
There's a demarcation line between a system of government and a nation's Constitution that guides and controls such systems. We have different systems of government.. Military, Unitary, Confederal, parliamentary, presidential amongst others.

I told you we copied the presidential system of government from United States of America, not the American constitution. It's the Constitution of a State that state/determines who's to succeed who in case of death, resignation or impeachment. Not a presidential system of government or any other system of government.

Secondly, the difference between United State's local government system and that of Nigeria is the same difference between Real Madrid Fc & Kano Pillars. That is why I said I like the idea, sending them abroad, made mention of how Peter the Great toured Western Europe in a bid to modernize/reform Russian administrative institutions however, Saudi Arabia ain't the best available option.

Thirdly, United State's electoral college is derived from the United State's Constitution. Not from any system of government same as the first point.
So olodos like you that cannot differentiate between a constitution and a system of government can still go back and demand for tuition fees from his/her secondary school government teacher. E never late.
Talking about religious bigotry,, you're DEAD WRONG cox I don't do religion in any form. Whether Xtian it, Islam, Confusciuanism, Buddhism amongst others. I don't give a flying fvck about their imaginary self invented skydaddy.

Ps = A presidential system of government refers to a system of government where there's an elected president with a fixed tenure and a clear separation of powers between and among the three organs of government. It is not and can never be a CONSTITUTION!!!.

I'm more than convinced that you graduated or attended one of those 4th grade high schools disguised as a "university" in Nigeria.
What a complete slowpoke you are. THE US SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT IS DERIVED FROM THE US CONSTITUTION. IT IS THE US CONSTITUTION THAT STIPULATES WHAT AND HOW THE SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT WILL WORK.
What a waste of time arguing with a num sckull. Better go back to night school.
No more response for you. Go and take American Constitution class in a real reputable University like I did more than 25 yrs ago and then come back to apologize.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
Ayoefa:

I'm more than convinced that you graduated or attended one of those 4th grade high schools disguised as a "university" in Nigeria.
What a complete slowpoke you are. THE US SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT IS DERIVED FROM THE US CONSTITUTION. IT IS THE US CONSTITUTION THAT STIPULATES WHAT AND HOW THE SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT WILL WORK.
What a waste of time arguing with a num sckull. Better go back to night school.
No more response for you. Go and take American Constitution class in a real reputable University like I did more than 25 yrs ago and then come back to apologize.

The words on caps?
Are you now rephrasing what I said in order to correct your blunder or are you confused?
If you're confused, ask questions.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by delpee(f): 2:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Wicked souls! Strange that they made that a priority in poverty ridden Osun. It shows the quality of politicians being elected to govern. Sad for Osun people.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Ayoefa: 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

The words on caps?
Are you now rephrasing what I said in order to correct your blunder or are you confused?

So olodos like you that cannot differentiate between a constitution and a system of government

Those are your words in BOLD. You said the Constitution of the US is different fro the system of Govt. My point is that the system of govt is derived from the constitution hence the system of govt and the constitution are one and the same. what type of govt, the election process and how it works are all from the constitution. You can not separate the system of govt from the Constitution. they are one and the same. Olodo, go back to night school or find a real university to attend.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Ayoefa: 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

The words on caps?

So olodos like you that cannot differentiate between a constitution and a system of government

Those are your words in BOLD. You said the Constitution of the US is different fro the system of Govt. My point is that the system of govt is derived from the constitution hence the system of govt and the constitution are one and the same. what type of govt, the election process and how it works are all from the constitution. You can not separate the system of govt from the Constitution. they are one and the same. This is US constitution class 101. Olodo, go back to night school or find a real university to attend.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
Ghana would have been a better place anyway let them enjoy sha make they see Dubai
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by piagetskinner(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
Sending them to go and chill... waste of public funds
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by vicfajeze: 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2019
dukie25:
Is this a joke?
Instead of sending them to where real democraciy is practiced they're sending them to Emirate of Dubai? Why not just send them to Iran?
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by observanc1: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
dukie25:
Is this a joke?
Instead of sending them to where real democraciy is practiced they're sending them to Emirate of Dubai? Why not just send them to Iran?
or saudi arabia

1 Like

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by 9jaRealist: 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
grin grin grin

Abegi, they should sponsor citizens as well to learn “international practice” of citizenship...
Anyway, the UAE is NOT an “advanced” democracy, but rather it is an ABSOLUTE monarchy!

>
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by 9jaRealist: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

Two questions arise from your objection, so I ask them to allow you the opportunity to expand on the validity of your alternative:

1) Define "real democracy", then tell us where it is practiced.

2) Describe the necessary link, if any, between government administration and true democracy.

Thank you

The UAE is NOT a democracy at all (“real” or otherwise)...
Democratic government is premised on the ELECTION of leaders. The UAE is a MONARCHY!
>
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2019
Ayoefa:

Those are your words in BOLD. You said the Constitution of the US is different fro the system of Govt. My point is that the system of govt is derived from the constitution hence the system of govt and the constitution are one and the same. what type of govt, the election process and how it works are all from the constitution. You can not separate the system of govt from the Constitution. they are one and the same. Olodo, go back to night school or find a real university to attend.

In my second reply to your comment, I told you the constitution guides and controls the system of government a country is running.
A country's system of government is dependent upon a codified or uncodified rules and regulations.
They're different...

Did we copy Saudi Arabia's absolute monarchical system of government? Where the king wields sovereign power. Where he rules for life, if he dies, his son(crown prince) will replace him. His word is law. He appoint whoever he wants to oversee a district or municipal. The king is the legislature, executive and judiciary
Most of them who are in charge of running the municipal, district and regions are people from the royal family. A country with no political parties. Nope, we didn't copy this system of government.

We copied from the US ... A presidential cum federal(though we're not practicing true federalism) system of government.
We copied from them, division of governmental powers... an independent legislature, executive and judiciary. An elected president with a fixed tenure. There are election for the office of local government chairman, Councillors here in Nigeria which is not obtainable in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia ain't the best available option.
A constitution clearly provides the legal machinery/instrument through which the affairs of a State is piloted. While a system of government tells you how the governmental powers and functions(legislative, executive and judiciary) of a State is shared, divided,, or how the powers/functions are fused together or even vested in one individual.

Do you understand?
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by AgentOfAllah: 5:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
9jaRealist:

The UAE is NOT a democracy at all (“real” or otherwise)...
Democratic government is premised on the ELECTION of leaders. The UAE is a MONARCHY!
>

Did you read my questions? That UAE is not a democracy is a foregone conclusion. I am less concerned about what the UAE is or isn't, as I am about the presumed inherent properties of a "real democracy" that makes it a more qualitative alternative for learning government administration.

To simplify my quest for clarification for you, I am trying to understand why the commenter believes that it is better to learn government administration from a "real democracy" as opposed to a Monarchy. But first, it is necessary for us to understand what the commenter means by "real democracy", following which we can then examine these so-called examples of real democracies for internal contradictions. If all checks out, we can then discuss what exclusive properties of real democracies make them the best examples of good government administration.

Do not assume that I favour one system over the other. My ignorance allows me no such privilege. Therefore, I'm open to being convinced one way or the other.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by 9jaRealist: 6:00pm On Jun 10, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

Did you read my questions? That UAE is not a democracy is a foregone conclusion. I am less concerned about what the UAE is or isn't, as I am about the presumed inherent properties of a "real democracy" that makes it a more qualitative alternative for learning government administration.

[b]To simplify my quest for clarification for you, I am trying to understand why the commenter believes that it is better to learn government administration from a "real democracy" [/b]as opposed to a Monarchy. But first, it is necessary for us to understand what the commenter means by "real democracy", following which we can then examine these so-called examples of real democracies for internal contradictions. If all checks out, we can then discuss what exclusive properties of real democracies make them the best examples of good government administration.

Do not assume that I favour one system over the other. My ignorance allows me no such privilege. Therefore, I'm open to being convinced one way or the other.

Because the letter approving and authorizing the trip stated that it was to learn from an "advanced democracy" (see letter below)...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9591483_fbimg1560113337178_jpeg8ddf3ac34456fcf55af8e075b8f4efc3
>
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by AgentOfAllah: 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2019
9jaRealist:

Because the letter approving and authorizing the trip stated that it was to learn from an "advanced democracy" (see letter below)...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9591483_fbimg1560113337178_jpeg8ddf3ac34456fcf55af8e075b8f4efc3
>

Okay, I've read the letter and I do not see where it was "stated" that it "was to learn from an "advanced democracy"". That is a concocted interpretation you have imposed on the letter. In fact, UAE might not be an advanced democracy, or a democracy at all, but may still practice government administration as is being practiced "in advanced democracies worldwide". Likewise, despite its lack of democracy, UAE might be host to some sort of institute that prepares administrators for governance similar to what is practiced in advanced democracies. As you see, there are other ways to interpret that letter which don't require one to assume that the UAE is a democracy at all.

Now, I do not claim that these other ways of interpretation capture the intent of the author. The fact is that since I have not spoken with the author of the letter, I don't know what they meant by that statement. Neither do you, I assume. There is simply not enough information to make one come to the conclusion that you have come to.

That said, none of this addresses the questions in my original post. Again, they are:

1) What is a "real democracy"? Give examples of such.

2) What is the link between good government administration and "real democracy"?
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by 9jaRealist: 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

Okay, I've read the letter and I do not see where it was "stated" that it "was to learn from an "advanced democracy"". That is a concocted interpretation you have imposed on the letter. In fact, UAE might not be an advanced democracy, or a democracy at all, but may still practice government administration as is being practiced "in advanced democracies worldwide". Likewise, despite its lack of democracy, UAE might be host to some sort of institute that prepares administrators for governance similar to what is practiced in advanced democracies. As you see, there are other ways to interpret that letter which don't require one to assume that the UAE is a democracy at all.

Now, I do not claim that these other ways of interpretation capture the intent of the author. The fact is that since I have not spoken with the author of the letter, I don't know what they meant by that statement. Neither do you, I assume. There is simply not enough information to make one come to the conclusion that you have come to.

That said, none of this addresses the questions in my original post. Again, they are:

2) What is the link between good government administration and "real democracy"?

Why would you go to an absolute monarchy to be “exposed” (since you seem to preferring chasing the shadow of nomenclature over substance) to the “practices” of “advanced democracies”. Perhaps, the letter writer (and presumably you as well) do not know that many “practices” of local governments in “advanced democracies” are subjected to PUBLIC debate and vote. Dude, you cannot put up a street sign or change the days of garbage collections (for example) in most “advanced democracies” without an open local council hearing and vote.

Taking folks to the UAE to supposedly “expose” them to the practices of “advanced democracies”...
Is akin to taking someone to a basketball game to “expose” him/her to the practices of table-tennis (ping pong). cheesy
>
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by 9jaRealist: 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

1) It is NOT the UAE, because it is NOT any sort of democracy at all...

2) Largely spurious question because “good government” is NOT a universal principle. What may be “good government administration” to some people (eg, the ability to vote and to have or say in their own governance) might not necessarily be the same to others. Nonetheless, if you are merely going to “expose” folks to so-called “good government administration” be specific rather than deceptive. After all, there are many people who could rationally argue that a system whereby one person can simply snap their finger and deprive you of your property rights or even your liberty could not be rationally described as “good government administration” despite a higher material standard of living.

Anyway, do not intend to further belabor the point, but it has become glaringly obvious that neither you nor the author of the letter quite grasp the basic nous of democracy. The essence is NOT about outcomes and/or results, but rather about PROCESS.
>
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by EagleNest(m): 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
Nigeria is a joke. Please wake me up shocked
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by AgentOfAllah: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2019
9jaRealist:

Why would you go to an absolute monarchy to be “exposed” (since you seem to preferring chasing the shadow of nomenclature over substance) to the “practices” of “advanced democracies”. Perhaps, the letter writer (and presumably you as well) do not know that many “practices” of local governments in “advanced democracies” are subjected to PUBLIC debate and vote. Dude, you cannot put up a street sign or change the days of garbage collections (for example) in most “advanced democracies” without an open local council hearing and vote.

Taking folks to the UAE to supposedly “expose” them to the practices of “advanced democracies”...
Is akin to taking someone to a basketball game to “expose” him/her to the practices of table-tennis (ping pong). cheesy
>
I'll not pretend to know what you mean by "chasing the shadow of nomenclature over substance", but I've given two possible scenarios that may validate going to an absolute monarchy to learn about government administration as practiced by "advanced democracies", and in so far as you haven't invalidated those scenarios, you haven't made an argument for why one shouldn't go to an absolute monarchy.

From your response, it seems you are attempting to invalidate the first scenario by claiming that most advanced democracies practice a system of administration in which decisions are usually put to the consideration and vote of a vaguely defined local council. So, I expect that:

1) You can define what you mean by "open local council hearing and vote". I.e. Is this hearing necessarily put to public vote, or just among council officials?

2) You can list these advanced democracies where you cannot put up a street sign or change the days of garbage collection without open council hearing and vote.

3) You can show that absolute monarchies are inherently incapable of operating local council hearings and votes or any other kind of secondary democratic processes that inform decision making.

Finally, even if you answer all those questions convincingly and can successfully show that absolute monarchies cannot incorporate democratic processes within their frameworks, you will still have to show that the other government administration processes that aren't subject to local council hearings and votes cannot be learned from monarchies, since by your own admission, it is only "many", and not 'all' "practices" of local governments that are subject to such votes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adegboruwa: Edo State Is Currently Under Obaseki’s Dictatorship Yoke / Oyetola Fails To Serve Summons On REC, Tribunal Adjourns / Three Policemen Feared Killed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.