Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice (10422 Views)

Bagudu Dissolves 21 Local Councils Chairmen, Councilors In Kebbi / South-West PDP Party Chairmen To Makinde: Who Cares If You Join APC? / APC Chairmen To Buhari: Some Govs Don’t Mean Well For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Kendumazy(m): 9:42am On Jun 10, 2019
Funny people
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Ubiudumo(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2019
dukie25:
Is this a joke?
Instead of sending them to where real democraciy is practiced they're sending them to emirate of Dubai? Why not just send them to Iran?
Iraq would be better.Lol

1 Like

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Kingbenn(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]This is a waste of resources, why then do we have YouTube? why do we have smartphones if not because of this shit! I dunno why corruption won't leave our system, they should sell Nigeria and give me my own share biko! tired already
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by materialproject: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2019
grin

Send them to me
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by pedel: 9:44am On Jun 10, 2019
Anyone who believe in this country making major progress in the next two decades is living in delusion.
We have a lot of sick and mentally derailed people running things.
Imagine the kind of thinking that resulted in planning that trip. The same kind of thinking led to the production of Opon-Imo during Aregbesola's first term and MKO Abiola Airport during his second term.
Bunch of kleptomaniac and corrupt politician.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Donb2be: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2019
Good one
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by don4real18(m): 9:46am On Jun 10, 2019
Waste of resources
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by AerialMapper: 9:49am On Jun 10, 2019
We have ASCON, we have CMD but we would rather send them to Dubai. What training institute? Next Level of training

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by gratiaeo(m): 9:50am On Jun 10, 2019
I hear that Paris club refund has just been release

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by urose93(f): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2019
Am l seeing 68 (sixty eight) L. G. A?
Is Osun state that big? Just curious.
This is like Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers and Bayelsa state combined.
How on earth do we expect development with this nature of rubbish. No wonder they can't pay salaries. This country should be best demarcated in zones.
#my opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by AgentOfAllah: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2019
dukie25:
Is this a joke?
Instead of sending them to where real democraciy is practiced they're sending them to emirate of Dubai? Why not just send them to Iran?

Two questions arise from your objection, so I ask them to allow you the opportunity to expand on the validity of your alternative:

1) Define "real democracy", then tell us where it is practiced.

2) Describe the necessary link, if any, between government administration and true democracy.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Bbbwings: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2019
grin Na to book three olosho join sure pass.
Onlinealaba:
One thing i like our politicians is how they are very proactive and smart wen it comes to embezzling fund cheesy.. Las las na flexing for burj khalifa go end am grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by hightempo(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2019
Only in Nigeria can this happen.....what sort of idea is this if I may ask? Going to dubai to learn how to govern your own local government .......local government studies in Dubai? And we have local government studies in our tertiary institutions. .....why should a person without a vision of what to do if elected contest for an election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2019
Flashyoil1:
Osun state government want to send the Local Government Chairmen to Dubai for 10days so that they want them to be exposed and groomed on international best practice on how to run a local government

They want to go to Dubai to learn how to operate local government �����‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

source https://thickmatch.com/osun-state-send-councils-chairmen-dubai-learn-intl-practice/
lolzzz same largesse in 2010 some local government chairman came to Poland with 14 PAs. That was when I knew Nigeria was finished... The president to the least of them all aren't sincere at all... They use all sorts of grammar that should be forbidden to them because they know they are false and squanders.... They always talk about international best practices when they want to confuse the zombies but the zombies have never asked and can never ask but best practices means u will do all that is obtainable in the developing countries...

When they get angry that u asking they tell u... Our democracy is young and our politics is local..

They all have nothing just few of them share my ideology but too few to effect changes in a system infested with hypocrites and psychopaths..
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by GoldHorse(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2019
Is it not more sensible to bring the resource person(s) down?

2 Likes

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Bbbwings: 10:07am On Jun 10, 2019
Ayoefa:

What does running a local govt have to do with democracy? Dubai has a. very effective running system that many countries would love to copy. That is why your brothers are running to Dubai.
Its not a must that everyone must run thr American system of govt. China and UAE are good examples of countries doing better than the USA with their own system of govt.
Open. your brain and think beyond the barrier.
OK

GoldHorse:
Is it not more sensible to bring the resource person(s) down?
This is no time for logic.
How you wan make them chop money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Originalsly: 10:11am On Jun 10, 2019
dukie25:

Is this a joke?

How.about sending them to Google?..... and I know it wouldn't be for free.

1 Like

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by kross01(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2019
Coming from a state so indebted that their monthly federal allocations now trickle in tens of millions. I pity for the future generations because of what this generation of ours will bequeath to them.

1 Like

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by GoldHorse(m): 10:13am On Jun 10, 2019
Bbbwings:

OK

This is no time for logic.
How you wan make them chop money

grin grin Abi o. You will see some filing for everyone in their household.

1 Like

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by ThatFairGuy: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2019
Nonsensical.... What's wrong with Oyetola......
My love for Aregbesola can NEVER fade

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by naptu2: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2019
But the governor cancelled this trip days ago

1 Like

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Reference(m): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2019
dukie25:
Is this a joke?

Stop please. Iran is a democratic entity.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by Reference(m): 10:26am On Jun 10, 2019
hightempo:
Only in Nigeria can this happen.....what sort of idea is this if I may ask? Going to dubai to learn how to govern your own local government .......local government studies in Dubai? And we have local government studies in our tertiary institutions. .....why should a person without a vision of what to do if elected contest for an election

Because he knows no one will demand a vision and expect its implementation. It is not a political/politician problem. It is a societal one caused by poor quality citizenship.

Who knew the man before he was selected for government's highest office. Pure feudalism in action. You cannot hold accountable whom you did not interview, employ and place on your payroll. That is, if he was selected, rigged into office and is paid by so called Federal allocation via crude oil, you are just a passenger in this country.
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by drey076(m): 10:29am On Jun 10, 2019
mtcheew
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2019
Ayoefa:

What does running a local govt have to do with democracy? Dubai has a. very effective running system that many countries would love to copy. That is why your brothers are running to Dubai.
Its not a must that everyone must run thr American system of govt. China and UAE are good examples of countries doing better than the USA with their own system of govt.
Open. your brain and think beyond the barrier.

We copied our system of government(presidential system) which is a 3 tier government from USA.
While the Saudi operates an absolute monarchy.
Do you even know what is an absolute monarchy?

For you to compare the American system of government to Saudi Arabia and China as a system Nigeria should copy means you have to go back to secondary school, request for a refund of tuition fees from your government(talking about government as an academic field of study here) teacher.

You're the one to open your brain and think beyond your horizon.

1 Like

Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by asobo: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2019
APC na scam. Synonymous to mismanagement
Re: Osun State To Send Councils Chairmen To Dubai To Learn Intl Practice by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2019
Saudi Arabia isn't the best options.

I like the idea... Even Peter the Great of Russia had to tour Western and Northern Europe in his bid to modernize/reform Russian administrative and military institutions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adegboruwa: Edo State Is Currently Under Obaseki’s Dictatorship Yoke / Task Force Denies Involvement In Lagos Bus Driver’s Death / PHOTOS: Biafra Leaders Meet British Prime Minister David Cameron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.