Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote (873 Views)

Atiku Returns, Says We Cannot Grow Nigeria If Without Education / Why Cross River State Cannot Grow And Develop Under Governor Ayade. / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by Samorenews: 5:53am On Jun 10, 2019
LAGOS—President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has said the poor performance of the country’s power sector was hindering growth of the economy. Dangote spoke at a consultative roundtable session for public and private sector stakeholders organised by the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, in Lagos, weekend.
According to Dangote, Nigeria had been struggling to increase its electricity output for the past 18 years without success. He urged the Federal Government to improve the sector, saying no business would thrive with business owners generating their own power. He said: “How do you have economic growth without power? So, no power, no growth because without power there can’t be growth. Oil set for worst week in 6 months as crude stockpiles surge(Opens in a new browser tab) “Egypt increased its electricity by 10 gigawatts, which is equivalent to 10,000 megawatts in 18 months. “In Nigeria, we have been struggling for 18 years without adding 1,000 megawatts and we have spent about three times above Egypt, why? So, I think we all need to be concerned about that

Read more

http://samgist.com/why-nigerias-economy-cannot-grow-dangote/

Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by yenereal(m): 5:58am On Jun 10, 2019
Nigeria has been struggling with power issue since I was small till now. Did Dangote say Egypt has up to 10 Gigawatt of electricity? I give up.
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by backnbeta(f): 6:01am On Jun 10, 2019
We'll continue to spend more than necessary on capital projects without achieving much because our leaders will always ensure the contractors overshoot the budget to favor them and they'll demand for so much kickback that the contractor will be forced to do a shoddy job. Nigeria is a scam undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by Jmk9292(m): 6:10am On Jun 10, 2019
I repeat, in Nigeria everything is in motion yet no movement..... Nigeria appears to be allergic to anything growth and development....... We have the worst set of politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by Melison(m): 6:22am On Jun 10, 2019
The most wicked people in this country are the politicians,damn no human sympathy,the people who elected u guys are suffering ordinary light we no fit get, ordinary water for some areas na war,good roads na another issue rather they pack funds go Swiss banks,God please intervene am tired abeg
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by Miracle4Sure: 6:22am On Jun 10, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by Holamic: 6:28am On Jun 10, 2019
I swear this man just insulted the senate for getting involved in importation generator. Lobtan i swear down this has just expose our leader which is good.
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by dadavivo: 7:22am On Jun 10, 2019
When ever you see Amaethief heart beating so fast with excitement, just know that he has inflated price of his dubious contracts with multinational companies
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by aolawale025: 7:24am On Jun 10, 2019
yenereal:
Nigeria has been struggling with power issue since I was small till now. Did Dangote say Egypt has up to 10 Gigawatt of electricity? I give up.

Egypt is a country with direction unlike Nigeria
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by bigpicture001: 7:59am On Jun 10, 2019
I recently told group of friends that Nigerians, not the government is the reason power can't stabilise in Nigeria
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by KnowAll(m): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2019
Tribalism is killing us . That is y we cannot resolve one of d most fundamental issues confronting us today.
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2019
NO WE HAVE TO BE PETRIOTIC DANGOTE IS LYING.... HES IPOB HES IPOB oooooo grin
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by gnykelly(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2019
yenereal:

Actually Egypt contracted Siemens and they built a combined 14,400MW in 27 months at a cost of less than $10bn.

It was said that it can serve 40 million people
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by Horus(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Z9RYE9RH8

3 Problems With Nigeria by Aliko Dangote
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by Femich18(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2019
This power issue is a serious problem facing our economy to be sincere.

The part that strikes me more is that Egypt has increased the generation by 10000 MW in 18months...
We haven't add 1000 MW in 18yrs and have spent X3 the amount Egypt spent.

Nigeria my country. what's even our major problem, I just dont seems to understand
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by theenchanter: 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2019
gnykelly:

Actually Egypt contracted Siemens and they built a combined 14,400MW in 27 months at a cost of less than $10bn.

It was said that it can serve 40 million people
14gw is too much for 40m people. 5gw is enough.... Unless they have huge industries.
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by gnykelly(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
theenchanter:
14gw is too much for 40m people. 5gw is enough.... Unless they have huge industries.

Yeah their economy is bigger than iurst
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by gnykelly(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
theenchanter:

Yeah their economy is bigger than ours
Re: Why Nigeria Economy Cannot Grow-dangote by gnykelly(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
Femich18:
This power issue is a serious problem facing our economy to be sincere.

The part that strikes me more is that Egypt has increased the generation by 10000 MW in 18months...
We haven't add 1000 MW in 18yrs and have spent X3 the amount Egypt spent.

Nigeria my country. what's even our major problem, I just dont seems to understand

Though federal government had privatise power sector but it can never and will never attract capital for growth... It was a sham...

If power sector does not receive new investment in two years power supply will get more
Worse than you can ever imagined

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Adebo Ogundoyin emerges Speaker, Oyo State House of Assembly / DCP Killed, 54 Suspects Nabbed As Shiites Protesters Clash With Police / I Will Assist Buhari To Stop Our People From Running Out Of The Country—akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.