Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? (13112 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu In Tears As 9th NASS Bows Out / 9th NASS: APC May Regret Imposing Lawan As Senate President – Group / 9th NASS: Epic Battle Brews In Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2019
Shaprara:

Ignorance is bliss they say. How would you say with Saraki as senate president how did it better someone else’s life. You should rather hold senators representing and Hor members representing your constituency to account, there sole responsibility is to make life of there constituents better. Kwara people can hold Saraki accountable but you should hold those of your zone responsible if they have done anything to better your life. The record speak for itself, in the history of nigeria the Saraki led 8th Assembly is the best and the most productive in terms of bills passed to better the life of Nigerians and to check the excesses of government. We could go on and on about this but you don’t really need a comprehensive list of the 8th assembly. Who ever emerges as the senate president will be put side by side in comparison to Saraki in less than 6months so we will know who is better and not.
David mark was far better.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by Shaprara: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

This is not a general elections,its an election among less than 500 people so its easy to foretell.the guy is right,femi and lawan are the clear favorites.the chances of ndume and bago is almost non existent.

The number “less the 500 people” makes the whole thing interesting brotherly, ask any politician when the voting block is low then there is a big chance of a surprise and unforeseen occurrences. Nonetheless lawan and Gbaja seems are the clear favorites no doubt. I think Nigerians are sensitive to the situation that 2015 is doable because lawan was openly endorsed by the FG, and femi was endorsed as well but in the 8th Assembly it was the FG that was fighting’s Saraki not the senators themselves which shows to extent that there interest was protected somehow, so Lawan could be doing the interest of the FG and proxy over the senators which they might not like because there would be direct influence of the executive but Ndume could be the resistance force while all interest is protected. But it’s politics and whoever emerges so be it. Nigerians just want a better Congress
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by tuniski: 11:44am On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

This is not a general elections,its an election among less than 500 people so its easy to foretell.the guy is right,femi and lawan are the clear favorites.the chances of ndume and bago is almost non existent.the numbers are realistic.in 2015 femi got 174 votes.common sense shows that it will only increase.the endorsement is important if not no one will seek for it.if lawan gives all the 44 pdp lawmakers 5 million each and ndume gives them nothing,who will they likely vote being that most of them are there for their pockets
What an insult to the senators. So 5m is their worth?
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by Shaprara: 11:48am On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

David mark was far better.

I don’t know how far he was but in my own conclusions he didn’t come close to Saraki. If you ask why I’ll say his emergence had no controversy and he was working in a favorable environment, PDP held both chambers until the defections, PDP was in power so there was harmonization between the Executive and legislature. But all of this is total contrast to what Saraki had, his emergence was controversial because of the power players not willing to fulfill there agreement with him but still he emerged on the APC platform remember hoping there would be some sort of Harmonization but there was none until the day he went back to the PDP, court cases here and there, bold fights against the executives which cost him reelection and a hold of his home state. Despite all of this the 8th Assembly passed the most bills some which are very important to the betterment of Nigeria as a whole, government was open because you could read between the lines when it comes to matter of executives and legislature in terms of budget, holding the executive accountable and confirmation of nominees, various constitution and acts amendment and all, the 8th Assembly under Saraki invested in technology, every proceeding was televised by the media, amdist other innovations probably because he was young and he had younger aides in tune with global trends which is evident whenever he speaks or appear on tv. I think till this day he’s the best senate president and the 8th Assembly is the most productive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by tuniski: 11:49am On Jun 10, 2019
Shaprara:

The number “less the 500 people” makes the whole thing interesting brotherly, ask any politician when the voting block is low then there is a big chance of a surprise and unforeseen occurrences. Nonetheless lawan and Gbaja seems are the clear favorites no doubt. I think Nigerians are sensitive to the situation that 2015 is doable because lawan was openly endorsed by the FG, and femi was endorsed as well but in the 8th Assembly it was the FG that was fighting’s Saraki not the senators themselves which shows to extent that there interest was protected somehow, so Lawan could be doing the interest of the FG and proxy over the senators which they might not like because there would be direct influence of the executive but Ndume could be the resistance force while all interest is protected. But it’s politics and whoever emerges so be it. Nigerians just want a better Congress

Until the ballot are cast Lawan and Ndume, Gbaja and Bago are 50:50.

You are spot on with the narrative on sample size. It is far easier to resist apc/PMB in a small sample space of men and women who know their onion and worth their salt.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by Shaprara: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

This is not a general elections,its an election among less than 500 people so its easy to foretell.the guy is right,femi and lawan are the clear favorites.the chances of ndume and bago is almost non existent.the numbers are realistic.in 2015 femi got 174 votes.common sense shows that it will only increase.the endorsement is important if not no one will seek for it.if lawan gives all the 44 pdp lawmakers 5 million each and ndume gives them nothing,who will they likely vote being that most of them are there for their pockets

Femi got 174 after open endorsement by the FG, and Tinubu and all of them but Dogara a rather silent figure but highly respected on the good side of the outgoing speaker Tambuwal. Please find what Tambuwal said about there negotiations with Tinubu regarding fielding Gbajabiamila, in the article he said told Tinubu not to field gbaja againsg Dogara because the members fancy Dogara as to femi a Tinubu boy, Tinubu accepted but still fielded femi anyway, Tambuwal and co reached agreements with the Saraki camp in the hor and others and dogara emergered unscathered. In his 4year tenure dogara had no stain, no court case, no fights, nothing whatsoever which shows the members like him he’s on the Good books of some highly placed people. While men may repeat history anything could happen it’s all about interest

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
Shaprara:

Femi got 174 after open endorsement by the FG, and Tinubu and all of them but Dogara a rather silent figure but highly respected on the good side of the outgoing speaker Tambuwal. Please find what Tambuwal said about there negotiations with Tinubu regarding fielding Gbajabiamila, in the article he said told Tinubu not to field gbaja againsg Dogara because the members fancy Dogara as to femi a Tinubu boy, Tinubu accepted but still fielded femi anyway, Tambuwal and co reached agreements with the Saraki camp in the hor and others and dogara emergered unscathered. In his 4year tenure dogara had no stain, no court case, no fights, nothing whatsoever which shows the members like him he’s on the Good books of some highly placed people. While men may repeat history anything could happen it’s all about interest
Femi as of then did not campaign much,he took the votes of apc reps for granted and neglected pdp members.only dogara was his competition.can you spot the difference
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
Shaprara:

I don’t know how far he was but in my own conclusions he didn’t come close to Saraki. If you ask why I’ll say his emergence had no controversy and he was working in a favorable environment, PDP held both chambers until the defections, PDP was in power so there was harmonization between the Executive and legislature. But all of this is total contrast to what Saraki had, his emergence was controversial because of the power players not willing to fulfill there agreement with him but still he emerged on the APC platform remember hoping there would be some sort of Harmonization but there was none until the day he went back to the PDP, court cases here and there, bold fights against the executives which cost him reelection and a hold of his home state. Despite all of this the 8th Assembly passed the most bills some which are very important to the betterment of Nigeria as a whole, government was open because you could read between the lines when it comes to matter of executives and legislature in terms of budget, holding the executive accountable and confirmation of nominees, various constitution and acts amendment and all, the 8th Assembly under Saraki invested in technology, every proceeding was televised by the media, amdist other innovations probably because he was young and he had younger aides in tune with global trends which is evident whenever he speaks or appear on tv. I think till this day he’s the best senate president and the 8th Assembly is the most productive.
He lost his re election,he failed in his immediate constituency and sanctioned any of his colleagues who were against him.i think these sums it up
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by Shaprara: 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

Femi as of then did not campaign much,he took the votes of apc reps for granted and neglected pdp members.only dogara was his competition.can you spot the difference

The difference I can spot here is he took the open endorsement of the FG and that of the big players behind him to Ben everything he’ll ever need which got him just 174, but now that there’s open endorsement he’s taking it as oh I’ll need more than just endorsement because he knows that DOA if he doesn’t Lobby on his own.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2019
tuniski:

Until the ballot are cast Lawan and Ndume, Gbaja and Bago are 50:50.

You are spot on with the narrative on sample size. It is far easier to resist apc/PMB in a small sample space of men and women who know their onion and worth their salt.
All indications clearly show that femi and lawan or at least femi is the speaker.i dont know where you are getting your baseless indices from.once the election is over,ill expect an apology in kind from you.i hate baseless arguments.your hatred for something should not blind your objectivity
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
Shaprara:

The difference I can spot here is he took the open endorsement of the FG and that of the big players behind him to Ben everything he’ll ever need which got him just 174, but now that there’s open endorsement he’s taking it as oh I’ll need more than just endorsement because he knows that DOA if he doesn’t Lobby on his own.
Femi will get over 200 votes.the most frustrating thing is that when it happens,i wont hold you to account
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by Shaprara: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

He lost his re election,he failed in his immediate constituency and sanctioned any of his colleagues who were against him.i think these sums it up

If Saraki remained in the APC, he will removed as senate president. Instead of APC leg FG working with him to better the lives of nigerians they treated him as an alien and he went back to the PDP. Saraki knew that he had lost his hold on Kwara State and lost his re-election and his associates from Kwara knew as well the moment he left APC, remember what he said in his speech on the floor of the senate that day, he said he recongnize that the fate of his associates resting on his shoulders is not certain, he thanked them for staying with him and enduring with him because but he was there leader and they were loyal, all of them lost there reelection bid from Top to bottom, He knew the federal government will come for him
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
tuniski:

What an insult to the senators. So 5m is their worth?
That was a quintessential case.reports yesterday made mention of 25 million as bribe from fg which are rumors.i now know why you always fail in analysis,you are too theoretical and believe too much on western based ideals.this is Nigeria and materialism is the biggest drive in electios,only few are there for the masses
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2019
Shaprara:

If Saraki remained in the APC, he will removed as senate president. Instead of APC leg FG working with him to better the lives of nigerians they treated him as an alien and he went back to the PDP. Saraki knew that he had lost his hold on Kwara State and lost his re-election and his associates from Kwara knew as well the moment he left APC, remember what he said in his speech on the floor of the senate that day, he said he recongnize that the fate of his associates resting on his shoulders is not certain, he thanked them for staying with him and enduring with him because but he was there leader and they were loyal, all of them lost there reelection bid from Top to bottom, He knew the federal government will come for him
No sir,the fight against saraki by kwara people started from 2014.the buhari tsunami helped him to survive.the lg elections of 2016 exposed his failings again when all his candidates lost but were rigged back due to incumbency.his defection made it open and quicker.with or without federal might,he was a goner.compare it to David mark who survived all odds to win a rerun poll
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by Shaprara: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

Femi will get over 200 votes.the most frustrating thing is that when it happens,i wont hold you to account

I have nothing against him or his emergence.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by tuniski: 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

That was a quintessential case.reports yesterday made mention of 25 million as bribe from fg which are rumors.i now know why you always fail in analysis,you are too theoretical and believe too much on western based ideals.this is Nigeria and materialism is the biggest drive in electios,only few are there for the masses

The senators are worth far more than 5m naira inducement. An amount that is not up to a month's allowance.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by Shaprara: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

No sir,the fight against saraki by kwara people started from 2014.the buhari tsunami helped him to survive.the lg elections of 2016 exposed his failings again when all his candidates lost but were rigged back due to incumbency.his defection made it open and quicker.with or without federal might,he was a goner.compare it to David mark who survived all odds to win a rerun poll

We are saying the same thing. What if Saraki remained in APC up till 2019 and on the books of APC and in control of the state apparatus, he will win again in a landslide victory.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
Shaprara:

Ndume is more pro buhari than lawan,he is too wild and aggressive to lead.most senators do not like him if you are studious of nass happenings. lawan is generally accepted across party lines.
Saying only the fg were fighting saraki alone is a lie.more than half of apc senators opposed him till his tenure ended.he was a divisive figure unlike David mark.lawan is just like mark,highly diplomatic.he will balance the interest of both the nass and presidency.i cant see how saraki protected the interest of nigerians.between saraki and buhari,who is more with the masses?
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
Shaprara:

We are saying the same thing. What if Saraki remained in APC up till 2019 and on the books of APC and in control of the state apparatus, he will win again in a landslide victory.
I dont think so.people of kwara wanted saraki out irrespective of which party he belongs to.he may have won reelection but wont be senate president because his fight with the fg started even when he was in apc.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by tuniski: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
Shaprara:

I have nothing against him or his emergence.
That is the spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:27pm On Jun 10, 2019
tuniski:

The senators are worth far more than 5m naira inducement. An amount that is not up to a month's allowance.
Are you ok? 5 million is too small but can your ndume afford it...
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 12:27pm On Jun 10, 2019
tuniski:

That is the spirit.
Deep down,you know the truth.you are just afraid and hateful
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by tuniski: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

Ndume is more pro buhari than lawan,he is too wild and aggressive to lead.most senators do not like him if you are studious of nass happenings. lawan is generally accepted across party lines.
Saying only the fg were fighting saraki alone is a lie.more than half of apc senators opposed him till his tenure ended.he was a divisive figure unlike David mark.lawan is just like mark,highly diplomatic.he will balance the interest of both the nass and presidency.i cant see how saraki protected the interest of nigerians.between saraki and buhari,who is more with the masses?
Buhari's only interest is the preface PRESIDENT he doesn't care.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by Shaprara: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

I dont think so.people of kwara wanted saraki out irrespective of which party he belongs to.he may have won reelection but wont be senate president because his fight with the fg started even when he was in apc.

Absolutely right.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by Shaprara: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

He’s one recipe you should watch out for. In politics your diplomacy will be tested against interests that is overwhelming, how you deal with that I don’t know, you say Ndume is pro Buhari and yet no one seems to be passing some candy to him, you really thing Buhari wants someone who is diplomatic against someone who is ruthless ?
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by kingi777: 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
The anointed Speaker of the 9th National Assembly is not on the list.

1 Like

Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by tuniski: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

Are you ok? 5 million is too small but can your ndume afford it...

The leader will emerged without monetary purchase of votes. The PdP members of NASS that will vote against Lawan/Gbaja are driven not by money. Such non monetary impetus and conviction is what is making #CampLawan&Gbaja to be jittery. Tonight the deal will be sealed and tomorrow will be coronation.

Those who will vote against apc are rebels and adherent of independent legislature from apc and the bloc votes of pdp.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by tuniski: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2019
kingi777:
The anointed Speaker of the 9th National Assembly is not on the list.
Stop this comedy abeg.
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by tuniski: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

Deep down,you know the truth.you are just afraid and hateful
Conviction is what you termed fright and hate chai!
Re: Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? by senatordave1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
tuniski:

The leader will emerged without monetary purchase of votes. The PdP members of NASS that will vote against Lawan/Gbaja are driven not by money. Such non monetary impetus and conviction is what is making #CampLawan&Gbaja to be jittery. Tonight the deal will be sealed and tomorrow will be coronation.

Those who will vote against apc are rebels and adherent of independent legislature from apc and the bloc votes of pdp.

No need,you will never accept defeat even in the face of death.we argued so before 2019 polls and in the end ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazon, AliExpress To Pay 6% Tax From Profits Made From Nigerian Customers - FG / Why South-East Should Produce Nigeria’s President – Doyin Okupe Writes APC, PDP / Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.