Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country (19421 Views)

Tinubu Announces Plans To End Food Insecurity In Nigeria / Young, Qualified And Barely Scraping By – Inside Nigeria’s Economic Crisis / PPPRA Sacks 34 Staff To Employ Hadiza, Buhari's Daughter - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by blackaxe78: 8:51am On Jun 10, 2019

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by zicoraads: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2019
rusher14:

What will work is only what zicoraads says right?
This is just a revenue drive for the Ministry of Education. You ask those without this certificate to leave classes, you are driving away more than half of Nigerian graduates to joblessness.

Besides, the problem of our educational sector is not even possession of a TRCN certificate or lack of one.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by lexy2014: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2019
post=79184551:
Good news for teachers.

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Slow and steady we will get to a New Nigeria.

Exactly just d same way they said they will fix d refineries in 2years. 4years after, nothing has changed. Slow is an understatement
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by deflover(m): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2019
I see grin

Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by omonla10(m): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2019
VillagePipu:

Good question.
Is it paper qualification, experiential qualification, aptitudinal qualification or educational qualification?
either 1st degree in education or pgde through nti and other means
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by lexy2014: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2019
blackaxe78:

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

He is blessed already. By virtue of being president, he enjoys free food, free electricity, free transportation, free medicare, bogus estacodes for travelling abroad, free accommodation both home& away, free security, free phone calls, free internet& free clothing anongs other freebies all so that he can make ur life better. Unfortunately, u are praying 4 who doesn't need ur prayer
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by gr8child(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2019
Employment na one thing. Payment na another. Federal govt that can owe salaries for 8 months straight without blinking.
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by rusher14: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2019
zicoraads:

This is just a revenue drive for the Ministry of Education. You ask those without this certificate to leave classes, you are driving away more than half of Nigerian graduates to joblessness.

Besides, the problem of our educational sector is not even possession of a TRCN certificate or lack of one.

The problem is actually that everything this government plans to do, you must find a way to oppose it.

The government is making it a priority to employ those who are institutionally qualified as educators to teach and already, you have a problem with it.

Can you show us where it was written that those without such qualifications would be made to leave or is this just conjecture?

The quality of personnel is even more important than facility because the ingenuity of the teachers can boost the overall performance of the students.

Not diminishing the effect of facilities, which should be the next focus.

The time is right for round pegs in round holes.

3 Likes

Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by rusher14: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2019
gr8child:
Employment na one thing. Payment na another. Federal govt that can owe salaries for 8 months straight without blinking.

When did the federal government last owe federal workers?

2 Likes

Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by KrystosCJ(m): 9:05am On Jun 10, 2019
Then after the employment, what happens?

I'm sure there are still unqualified, ghost teachers on the payroll of many federal educational institutions.

Give teachers better pay and better welfare packages and not this rubbish new minimum wage. Same should also go to doctors. They are the most unappreciated, neglected and abused class of workers in Nigeria.
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by anochuko01(m): 9:12am On Jun 10, 2019
You want to employ qualified teachers to teach our fvcked up curriculum abi... Useless lots
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by Oblang(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2019
dukie25:
APC government that hate education, believe this and believe APC would actually clean up Ogoni.

They hate education yet they are doing the largest school feeding program in Africa. Something ur pdp would have looted the money dry...

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by afoife: 9:39am On Jun 10, 2019
This government is a clown. NTI that has refused to release results since 2017 is now collaborating with TRCN of identify qualified teacher. Jokers.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by zicoraads: 9:44am On Jun 10, 2019
rusher14:

The problem is actually that everything this government plans to do, you must find a way to oppose it.

The government is making it a priority to employ those who are institutionally qualified as educators to teach and already, you have a problem with it.

Can you show us where it was written that those without such qualifications would be made to leave or is this just conjecture?

The quality of personnel is even more important than facility because the ingenuity of the teachers can boost the overall performance of the students.

Not diminishing the effect of facilities, which should be the next focus.

The time is right for round pegs in round holes.
I'm a teacher and I teach in a private school. I have been doing this for sometime now. I am Harvard and Cambridge certified. And I paid a whole lot of money to get these certificates. But I am not TRCN certified.

I'm willing to bet top dollar that a lot of teachers who are in Government schools have next to nothing to offer. Most of them have TRCN certificates. I have taught for free in a lot of Government schools where I reside. I see how the students are often thankful, how they often beg my colleagues and I to keep coming. I have seen how most of them know nothing, even when their final exams are just weeks away.

I don't have a problem with the Government removing unqualified teachers from our classrooms. In short, iI cannot wait for the Government, any Government to focus on that sector and give it the funding it deserves. But I am saying taking the TRCN exams or not is not the way to determine if a teacher is qualified or not.

And it is also very clear you have not been following this news properly. Memos have been sent to non-Government schools, telling them to make sure they comply with the deadline.

I am also not a 'Government Opposer'. Do not classify me.

1 Like

Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by zicoraads: 9:49am On Jun 10, 2019
afoife:
This government is a clown. NTI that has refused to release results since 2017 is now collaborating with TRCN of identify qualified teacher. Jokers.
Allow them. People like rusher14 that knows nothing will also be talking. cheesy

They just want to make more money. They realise that most graduates now are teaching, so this is a revenue drive for the gov't. They are not sincere with this.

Is it not the same NTI where one can bribe his or her way through their programme? grin

Same ones that have obsolete methods and whatnot? Same one that their lecturers hardly come around when one registers for a PGDE programme? Or is it the ones that will come around to tell stories?

Abeggyyy.
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by zicoraads: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2019
Didn't el-Rufai do same in Kaduna? What happened after unqualified teachers were removed?

Did teachers salary improve?

Did he touch infrastructure?

Bunch of jokers!
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by shyvicky: 9:56am On Jun 10, 2019
Minimum wage way them say e go start for may, them still the pay N19, 800
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by lilyheaven: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2019
Federal government should partner with private schools
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by maisauki: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2019
dukie25:
APC government that hate education, believe this and believe APC would actually clean up Ogoni.
hatred does not stop honey from being seeet
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by VULCAN(m): 10:25am On Jun 10, 2019
Still discussing what they paln to do while 4yrs have passed
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by Chukwurah003: 1:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
dukie25:

I’ve said it many times that PDP supporters are ignorant people. You see yourself now
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by suxy(m): 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
oya ooo teachers are waiting oooooo TRCN certificate dey for bag dey sleep oo
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by Seepayday: 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
First of all, we should be talking about stepping up teachers' pay first. Make the job attractive first before you can talk about who should be there and who should leave. For now, some unqualified teachers who are there will be happy to go if you sack them because the money as per salary is not attractive.
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by tundey4all(m): 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hope the promise would be fufilled sha?
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by biztip: 6:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
useless govt under someone who only know how to drink fla-du-nunu
Re: FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country by immaq8(f): 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
Abeg! Ministry of Education, pls when will the portal be open for recruitment?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal / PDP Expresses Shock Over Supreme Court Verdict / Prof. Stella Effah-Attoe: I Have Been Sidelined - PDP Woman Leader Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.