Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege (1999 Views)

Maina’s Trial: How EFCC ‘re-looted’ 222 Recovered Assets Worth N1.63tr ― Witness / ICPC Seizes 44 Assets Worth N14.7bn / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by MakeItBiz: 10:20am On Jun 10, 2019
A protege of the National Leader of the ruling All Progressives  Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and former Chairman of Amuwo Odofin Local Government area of Lagos State, Mr Ayodele Adewale, has urged the Federal Government to constitute a special panel to determine the actual value of the assets of late winner of June 12, 1993 Presidential election, MKO Abiola frozen by the military government.

Adewale said the call for the assessment of the real value of MKO’s assets, which he claimed is worth several billions of dollars, became imperative in view of the strong need for the government to compensate MKO’s family and others affected by the military clampdown on agitation for the actualization of the mandate freely, fairly and overwhelmingly given by Nigerians.

The call also came ahead of the first official celebration of June 12 as Nigeria’s Democracy Day in honour of Abiola’s June 12 mandate on Tuesday and last week’s revocation of the oil licence of Summit Oil, a company founded by MKO Abiola over legacy debt.

Speaking in an interview with www.makeitglobal.biz, Adewale said though President Muhammadu Buhari deserved to be commended for making efforts to right the wrongs as far as June 12 was concerned, he should nonetheless go a step further to pay reparation for the deliberate act of injustice meted to MKO and his associates.

“MKO’s money really cannot be quantified because you have to look at the interest it must have accrued all of these years. MKO was a member of the Paris Club and he had so many pounds sterling, dollars foreign exchange accounts and Naira accounts and so on. All of these accounts were grounded. So, it is for the Department of State Security (DSS), Directorate of Military Intelligence (DMI) to really do that because they have details of all the accounts and even the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Since they have all the accounts, what we are appealing to the Buhari administration is that just as they did to the Biafran soldiers whereby they brought out all the records and paid them; similarly for the Nigerian Airways Staff and some other pensioners, we are also appealing that he should do the same thing for the Abiola family directing the CBN to produce all the Abiola accounts that were frozen and also pay them in the current rate with interest.“It is important for the Federal Government to do this especially looking at the assets that were destroyed as a result of the government’s action like Concord, Wonder Loaf,  Abiola Bookshop,  Volkswagen, Abiola Farms and so many of his properties that were taken away.

“We appreciate what the Buhari administration is doing by righting the wrongs in the Nigerian history but we also appeal to him that he should please, beyond giving MKO Abiola the GCFR, and honouring June 12 and Alhaja Kudirat Abiola, they should pay reparation; they should inaugurate a special committee which will comprise of members of the Abiola family, officials of CBN, DMI, DSS and office of the President to look into it and work out reparation for the Abiola family, especially for the children of Kudirat Abiola who lost both their father and mother and of course all the unsung heroes that were unjustly killed during the June 12 episode,” he said.

Adewale said aside the direct clampdown on MKO and his investments, there were those who became incapacitated as a result of bullet wounds during the struggle, while many of his business associates suffered similar fate.Asked to put a specific amount to MKO’s assets affected, Adewale who was an active participant in the June 12 struggle, said: “I’ll do a disservice to the spirit of Abiola and to Nigerians to do that. Like I said, for somebody to be a member of the Paris Club, you should know how wealthy he was.

The richest black man in the world today, Aliko Dangote was a mere boy to Abiola when he was alive. You should understand what I mean by that. If you put the Femi Otedolas of this clime and all of them together, they were not having 10 per cent of Abiola’s wealth as they have today and so you can imagine how wealthy Abiola was.“It is important for the Buhari government to do this. You see, people have forgotten that members of Abiola’s family are seriously suffering.

You would be amazed that some of Abiola’s children were rescued from under the bridge in Lagos and this was a man that laid his life for the country for us to have democracy that some people in the National Assembly and some Governors are mismanaging today. Even, one of Kudirat’s children, was kidnapped and not found till tomorrow,” Adewale said.

Adewale who has a robust credential in pro-democracy activism, was also a mobilisation and liaison officer for the late Chief Anthony Enahoro led Pro-National Conference Organisation (PRONACO).

https://www.makeitglobal.biz/nigerian-news/abiolas-frozen-assets-billions-dollars-tinubus-protege/

Cc MYND44 OAM4J LALASTICLALA SEUN

Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by donbachi(m): 10:26am On Jun 10, 2019
Member of paris club...dis man na real harvad.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by bigpicture001: 10:28am On Jun 10, 2019
Stolen wealth!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by Jmk9292(m): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2019
Abiola was indeed great and loaded..... He was a victim of what a typical nigerian politician represents
Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by festacman(m): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2019
MKO Abiola had large bank account and large heart to got with it. Always ready to help and support fellow human beings across class, tribes and religions.

Rest in Peace big man. With June 12 now a national day, you will never be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by Afospecialk: 10:41am On Jun 10, 2019
Billions of dollar in 90s
MKO might hav transformed Nigeria to a develop nation with his entrepreneurship skill

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by NASTYNASOSO: 10:44am On Jun 10, 2019
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I JUST CANT IMAGINE THIS IS COMING FROM AN EDUCATED PERSON.

The richest black man in the world today, Aliko Dangote was a mere boy to Abiola when he was alive. You should understand what I mean by that. If you put the Femi Otedolas of this clime and all of them together, they were not having 10 per cent of Abiola’s wealth as they have today and so you can imagine how wealthy Abiola was.

HMMMMMM

“MKO’s money really cannot be quantified because you have to look at the interest it must have accrued all of these years. MKO was a member of the Paris Club and he had so many pounds sterling, dollars foreign exchange accounts and Naira accounts and so on.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by etrouble: 10:58am On Jun 10, 2019
bigpicture001:

Stolen wealth!

Even when he never held any political office? Tell your parents too to go steal their own.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by bigpicture001: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2019
etrouble:

Even when he never held any political office? Tell your parents too to go steal their own.

I said a thing...nxt..u involved parents like u can insult....c, am been barred a total of 34x on this forum cut of insults...don't let me start on you.....

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by etrouble: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
bigpicture001:

I said a thing...nxt..u involved parents like u can insult....c, am been barred a total of 34x on this forum cut of insults...don't let me start on you.....

The statement that I made above is not an insult, it was just an advice. I have parents too and will not insult other people's parents. Most times we say lots of things that are unsubstantiated especially on the internet and these can be annoying. Mind you, I am beyond being intimidated, even the mod that have been banning me is a Ewu Gambia and will be soon be used for pepper soup grin grin.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by oursnail(m): 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2019
Mko Abiola get His money in one telecommunications company call ITT. He was borrowed Nigeria Government money since 1977.. In 1978, mko Abiola. present controversy calculator to Obasanjo government delegates. That calculator is first issue that caused hatred between Obasanjo and Chief Mko Abiola because Government of that time Could not able to buy such expensive calculator. In fact, Mko Abiola is Ego./Kudi/owo or money. Am not support the motion that president Buhari should pay Mko abiola family all the value of His frozen assets. that is another load for Nigeria .
Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by meccuno: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
I think the best person to describe who Abiola was is definitely Fela .�
Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by LeFreakSoChic(f): 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2019
How could one be rich and so poor at the same time?
Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by Nostradamus: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
etrouble:

The statement that I made above is not an insult, it was just an advice. I have parents too and will not insult other people's parents. Most times we say lots of things that are unsubstantiated especially on the internet and these can be annoying. Mind you, I am beyond being intimidated, even the mod that have been banning me is a Ewu Gambia and will be soon be used for pepper soup grin grin.
bro,that was not an advice, that was a subtle insult. You shouldn't have involve that guy's parents.
Re: MKO Abiola’s Frozen Assets Worth Billions Of Dollars –Tinubu’s Protege by BlackfireX: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
Which money did he make

ITT .....international thief thief

(1) (Reply)

Northerner Blast Northern Elders Over Attack On Amotekun / I Dare The FG To Start An Online Poll About Buhari's Resignation. / North And South West Relationship are like husband and wife says AREWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.