Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Memories From Of Old - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memories From Of Old (304 Views)

SEVENTEEN; A Poem In Honour Of Old Classmates / The Africans Of Old |poem By The Afrikan L'yion / Fragments Of Hidden Memories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Memories From Of Old by Sezioha(m): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
I saw her again few days ago, a long lost friend and all the childhood memories came back. I saw her as she was crossing the road outside the University gate. I screamed her name and she looked, ran back and hugged me while shouting. People stared but we didn’t care. We talked and laughed at all the memories we shared. It’d been ages. But I remember a particular event. One that brought tears to my eyes then, but fill my lungs with laughter when I remember it now.

Easter always came with its fun and vibe. After the supposed fasting and remembrance of death and resurrection of Christ, the eating and drinking that follows on the Easter day. That Easter was like the others but something made it exceptional.

I was in primary two, a bright student. That term I took first position as always and father bought Easter clothes plus other gifts for me. How could I have known that a little act of mine would jeopardize my ‘Easter enjoyment’. Mariah lived close to my compound, we attended the same primary school not far from home. She was my ride and die those days. We went everywhere together, to school, to church, to Block Rosary. We were always together and soon enough, people started calling us twins.

Read more on:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/06/10/memories-from-of-old/

(1) (Reply)

When Love Dies - Episode 22 / Free Website Setup For Your Market, Brand Or Organisation / White Man In Town (chapter Eight)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.