Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Weird Cukes - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Weird Cukes (1223 Views)

Weird Chicken / A Weird Cow In India Unbelievable!! (see Pictures) / Have You Heard About The Weird Naked Chicken Breed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
Weird cukes

Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
FMCASH:
Weird cukes

Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
grin

Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
Cukes

Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
Sperm cell like

Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
Cukes

1 Like

Re: Weird Cukes by fringz11(m): 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
@mydn44

1 Like

Re: Weird Cukes by okoroemeka(m): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
Any babe that dares to use that for chuku chuku na tear Toto be that
Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 6:42am On Jun 11, 2019
okoroemeka:
Any babe that dares to use that for chuku chuku na tear Toto be that
lol, that monster Weigh 1.5kg
Re: Weird Cukes by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2019
What species if Cucumber please?
Re: Weird Cukes by okoroemeka(m): 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2019
FMCASH:
lol, that monster Weigh 1.5kg
but seriously I really have to give it to guys behind cu999,it's a mean big motherfvcker of cukes,no cucumber variety now can compete with it for vigorous growth and size,did u see the size of that cukes,just little shy of 3-4 inches to be the same length with that bucket
Re: Weird Cukes by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 15, 2019
It is a big mistake to allow cucumber grow this big. It kills the plant. You have reduced your yield drastically.

Most monoecious will produce big fruits like this, and not just cu999. But monoecious does not give higher yield. Let's learn flowering pattern of our crops well. Gynecious if well pollinated and predominant flower will out play any monoecious anyday, anytime. And pathenocarpic will yield 10 times more than monoecious too. Even pricklings will out play most monoecious. The only advantage I see in cu999 is that it has very high reistance to many diseases. It is not the special and nicest variety around. Just ok.

Harvesting this cucumber at 1.5kg is funny. I can't eat the strong seeds inside? Lol. I don't know why anyone will allow the fruit grow this big. As soon as I see this kind of fruit big like this, I know that huge number of flowers have aborted on that farm. Any farmer who allows cucumber grow this big is careless. I am not attacking anyone but correcting the bad practices among gardeners in this forum.

You take it to market and they even reject it because it is too big. Christ! You also try to eat it, and tell me if you really can eat the seeds inside which are suppose to be more nutritious even than the flesh.

Anyday, anytime, optimum production of darina and greengo will give 3 to 5 times of this variety. This is what I have really tested. Even murano can get very big, but may not be like this. And it is bad. Try harvesting medium size cucumbers. Harvest them very fast at medium sizes, keep diseases off, return and tell me your yield.

Don't fall for pictures using buckets, pen, ruler to show cucumber size. It is a wrong approach.. Early harvest of cukes is the best. Renember, they are sweeter, more nutritious, and fresher when harvested before the fruits fully matured. The same way microgreens are more nutritious than fully grown plants.
Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
Its was mistakenly skip in the previous, that's why it reach that stage, my client later use it for salad.
Thanks.
Its darina predominantly female and does it produce more male flowers?
Pistotita:
It is a big mistake to allow cucumber grow this big. It kills the plant. You have reduced your yield drastically.

Most monoecious will produce big fruits like this, and not just cu999. But monoecious does not give higher yield. Let's learn flowering pattern of our crops well. Gynecious if well pollinated and predominant flower will out play any monoecious anyday, anytime. And pathenocarpic will yield 10 times more than monoecious too. Even pricklings will out play most monoecious. The only advantage I see in cu999 is that it has very high reistance to many diseases. It is not the special and nicest variety around. Just ok.

Harvesting this cucumber at 1.5kg is funny. I can't eat the strong seeds inside? Lol. I don't know why anyone will allow the fruit grow this big. As soon as I see this kind of fruit big like this, I know that huge number of flowers have aborted on that farm. Any farmer who allows cucumber grow this big is careless. I am not attacking anyone but correcting the bad practices among gardeners in this forum.

You take it to market and they even reject it because it is too big. Christ! You also try to eat it, and tell me if you really can eat the seeds inside which are suppose to be more nutritious even than the flesh.

Anyday, anytime, optimum production of darina and greengo will give 3 to 5 times of this variety. This is what I have really tested. Even murano can get very big, but may not be like this. And it is bad. Try harvesting medium size cucumbers. Harvest them very fast at medium sizes, keep diseases off, return and tell me your yield.

Don't fall for pictures using buckets, pen, ruler to show cucumber size. It is a wrong approach.. Early harvest of cukes is the best. Renember, they are sweeter, more nutritious, and fresher when harvested before the fruits fully matured. The same way microgreens are more nutritious than fully grown plants.
Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
What species if Cucumber please?
cu999
Re: Weird Cukes by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2019
FMCASH:
Its was mistakenly skip in the previous, that's why it reach that stage, my client later use it for salad.
Thanks.
Its darina predominantly female and does it produce more male flowers?
Gynecious. One of the most affordable around. I was told one time that it comes with 10% Marketmore. If I am using gynecious, this is my favorite. I have achieved 1,300 bags on 1 acre. It is nice. But if I use my present tricks, and I have access to workers who will not stress my life, hmmmmm! Darina is very good. But if I'm experiencing too many diseases, I prefer to combine varieties like Murano and a dark green very big fruits like yours. Would intentionally make some huge just to fill bags with fewer cukes, cos if I dont, diseases will still cause high abortion rate. You may have your own method. I keep saying it, there is no "best" variety. I know farmers who don't like Murano, but can make huge harvest with Tokyo. And I know a guy who is all about Monalisa. He's just good with it.
Re: Weird Cukes by okoroemeka(m): 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
Pistotita:

Gynecious. One of the most affordable around. I was told one time that it comes with 10% Marketmore. If I am using gynecious, this is my favorite. I have achieved 1,300 bags on 1 acre. It is nice. But if I use my present tricks, and I have access to workers who will not stress my life, hmmmmm! Darina is very good. But if I'm experiencing too many diseases, I prefer to combine varieties like Murano and a dark green very big fruits like yours. Would intentionally make some huge just to fill bags with fewer cukes, cos if I dont, diseases will still cause high abortion rate. You may have your own method. I keep saying it, there is no "best" variety. I know farmers who don't like Murano, but can make huge harvest with Tokyo. And I know a guy who is all about Monalisa. He's just good with it.
1300 bags from 6 plots,216 bags from one plot,hmmm,this production is completely outregous, Even Thai agro can only boast of 100 bags from 1 plot,if what you said is really true then you must be an agro wizard.
Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 11:55pm On Jun 15, 2019
Tokyo its cool, I've been harvesting over a month and it's still producing more female flower assuming I fertigate its could have been a double edge for me
Pistotita:

Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 11:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
Kenzo 2 its cheaper but I've not used it before
Pistotita:

Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 12:05am On Jun 16, 2019
okoroemeka:
1300 bags from 6 plots,216 bags from one plot,hmmm,this production is completely outregous, Even Thai agro can only boast of 100 bags from 1 plot,if what you said is really true then you must be an agro wizard.
its realistic bro, if you can squeeze up too 3000 plant (2 cans) on plot and a plant produce 8 marketable fruits of 400 grams each. That's 3.2kg per plant making *3000= 9600kg. If a bag its 40kg that's means you get 240bags.

Only experience and hardworking boss like pistotita can achieve this. cool
Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 12:14am On Jun 16, 2019
okoroemeka:
but seriously I really have to give it to guys behind cu999,it's a mean big motherfvcker of cukes,no cucumber variety now can compete with it for vigorous growth and size,did u see the size of that cukes,just little shy of 3-4 inches to be the same length with that bucket
my topped habanero its doing fine, will you advice someone to topped chili pepper, normally they produce vigorously

Re: Weird Cukes by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 16, 2019
okoroemeka:

Thai Agro are mainly monoecious. That is their limitation sir. Mosanto gave 30 tons per acre for Darina in their booklet. But the day I read about 15 to 25 cukes per plant was achieved by one Phillipines, and he detailed his procedure, my head spinned that evening. average of 20 cukes. I was like....this is outrageous. And I did it too. I just followed the ptocedure. I imported all recommended enzymes, microbes, etc. Boom! That was it. How many can afford to waste N210,000 (exactly the amount I spent for importation) for a pilot? I was seeking knowledge, and it was my passion. It is why I keep saying that I do not need to post any picture. Any farmer can relate to my posts. The only difference is how we all accept new approaches, and how we do not let poverty stand our way from acieving more Yeeeee! Me spend that? Ha!!!! ....Ok oooo. Don't spend it. I spent cowries during my own time. Ok?

Even in rainy season, I use 40cm emitters, but towards the end of my open field practice, I adopted 30cm, but just 1 row of drip per bed. And it is even much more productive. I will try 25cm emitters and see if I decide to do it again. Let us look at 40cm. I use 1,000m per plot. That's 2,500 plants.

Total population = 15,000
I need to make 50 tons + 10% = 57tons.
That's average of 3.8kg cukes from each plant
This should be your target in your pilot. And that's around 10.8 cukes per plant of around 350grams.

My strategy
1. I push most of my fruits to 400 grams average as rightly predicted by FMCASH. I don't delay harvest, I use another method.
2. If you prune for 3 weeks, you have given your plant the craziest boost to yield madly. But without preventing infection, it is a double edge sword that will kill your plants because of stress. I always handle stress very well.
3. Basal fertilization is an open secret I have shared here many times.
4. Each flowering patterned variety respond to certain enzymes better. My aim is just to prevent abortion. If you look at your plants very well, your rate of abortion is super high. Correct that problem mehn!
5. The more you harvest, the more cucumbers come up. Delay harvest in the name if getting extremely big cucumber, and experience abortion.

I make recommendations for people when they tell me their favorite variety. Those who follow them 80% - 100% always return with good news. But there are some, they want to meet me, or talk to me on the phone before they do anything. I just laugh at such people. So, if I had waited to meet or talk to friends from other continents that shared tricks with me, would I have improved? One man even was boosting that giving him free tips does not work for him, and I must see him, and he insisted on talking to me everyday on phone. Everyday? You cannot follow instructions via chat, but must talk to me daily? I don't think I ever talk even to my managers daily on phone. I communicate via chat. They cannot tell me I said otherwise, but if one phone, they can easily deny the instructions I gave them. I just told the man demanding me to speak to him daily that he will be alright. Maybe he is the one who taught me what I know today, or he is the one who made me to help others, he should tell me. I wish I had 10% of what I give out when I started, honestly, farming would have been easier for me. In those days, seed sellers who know nothing posses as semi gods. hahaha. Consultants are about money. In my mind, I have tossed such to the trash can. Who has time for that? Or is it the research papers that I follow that I don't even know the authors and have helped me? People funny oooo. There are others that just run away when they hear that buy this, this and that. Ordinary 250ml chemical to prevent Blight which costs N16,000 (from a company oooo cos I gave him the sellers contacts), this guy started shouting that it is expensive. If I had mandated N10k per kg micronutrients (minimum of 10Kg) on him, with N50,000 enzymes, for 1 year production, I am sure such person is going to collapse. Yet he wants super yield. Maybe in his dream. lol.

FMCASH:
its realistic bro, if you can squeeze up too 3000 plant (2 cans) on plot and a plant produce 8 marketable fruits of 400 grams each. That's 3.2kg per plant making *3000= 9600kg. If a bag its 40kg that's means you get 240bags.

Only experience and hardworking boss like pistotita can achieve this. cool
I like the way you think in numbers too. My brother, you also can see it too. It is not that easy, but very easy. It is not only some like me. You have seem the possibility, just work towards it. The secret is your pilots. Keep practising at home. If you can push it to 20 fruits per plants at home, why won't you make 10 fruits on farm? At home no weed, so replicate that on farm. At home you achieved clean pruning, device a strategy to replicate that on your farm..At home all plants receive equal amount of nutrient, pay attention to the plants at the end if the drip. And may other issues.

Gynecious' only disadvantage is pollination. But just give parthenorcarpic a trial, and you will abandon all kinds of varieties. However, the prices these importers in Nigeria sell such seeds are just outrageous. Well, I imported 1kg and shared among some guys recently. The guys are still on field, but I am sure they will give good testimony. Bros, when every node gives you female flowers that don't need pollination, do you know what that means? Some varieties give 3 fruits per node. And you have like 20 nodes before you reach top of trellis. And you pruned just 4 to 8 flowers at the bottom. Tell me how many fruits you are getting if you can reduce abortion rate to 20%? Mainwhile, someone like me aim at 5% max abortion rate from bottom to top of trellis. Here are my strengths:
1. liberty of using any pesticides. I don't care if I chase away all bees.
2. I can cultivate in urban area without fear of poor pollination
3. When I see many cucumbers developing at the same time, I can easily control which to abort in order not to over work the plants.
4. Definitelly, hydroponics or drip irrigation is needed with fertigation. No side dressing.

If I can keep diseases away, 2,000 bags is an understatement with parthenorcarpic. Honestly, it is not a joke. Only those who observe, quantify, and analyse can have the imaginative ability to stretch towards this. FMCASH can see it. I think that research paper he posted changed his orientation. My orientation was changed too before I started achieving. But thanks to crazy workers.

No matter how great the plan is, mo matter how intelligent the manager or vision owner is, if the team is terrible, there is no achievement. Farm workers are just there to get salary. Even they stsrt producing high, they will start complaining they are carrying too many bags of cucumbers. my head oooo. My neck ooooo. They start getting sluggish on farm. Of course not thst they are tired they are just anti progression. There is a spirit that work in them. As soon as they see you making money, they just feel entitled to more benefits, and their first action is to intentionally destroy the work. Teeing to force you to bend to their will. So, these are the issues we face on farm. If no worker has done this to you, hmmmm. Check your produxtion again. And I don't have the time to go to one man to so I can control their will. Who has that time? Certainly not me.
Re: Weird Cukes by okoroemeka(m): 6:12am On Jun 16, 2019
I am learning new things from pistols the agro wizard, in the village of the blind,the one eye man is the king,I like your eye opening write ups, epistle or not only smart people read the fine print.pls don't mind me about the name, pistols is a more befitting name to an proactive guy like you.

1 Like

Re: Weird Cukes by FMCASH(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2019
What's different between parthenorcarpic and alpha beit
Pistotita:

Re: Weird Cukes by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
FMCASH:
What's different between parthenorcarpic and alpha beit

Different kinds of flowering patterns are: monoecious(more male than female flowers), pre female dominant (mostly female flowers), gynecious(all female flowers), and parthenorcarpic (seedless and no need for pollination).

These are the following kinds of cucumbers which can be any flowering pattern, but most seed makers are more of pathenocarpic these days: Prickling, slicing (mainly sold in Mile 12 and other open markets), long dutch, and alpha beit. Did I miss any? I doubt it. Alpha beit was developed in Israel. There is hardly flower abortion due to heat since it can tolerate up to 40C. But the market for it here is very slim. The lowest I know of is N30,000 for 1,000 seeds in Nigeria, and I have heard of N85,000 for same number if seeds for another variety. But they are highly prolific. If you can make 15 fruits from gynecious, you can certainly make 65 from alpha beit.

okoroemeka:
I am learning new things from pistols the agro wizard, in the village of the blind,the one eye man is the king,I like your eye opening write ups, epistle or not only smart people read the fine print.pls don't mind me about the name, pistols is a more befitting name to an proactive guy like you.
It is still my humble self. lol to the one eyed man and the blind men in the city. Quite funny. But really, we need to start using our intuition. What still beats my imagination is how we have brilliant agricultural professors, but students and graduates are dulla.rds. All of them keep saying they need cash to set up. So, you went to school, graduated, and you end up coming to nairaland to ask which variety to use. Honesly, that person is a wasted investment for the parents. grin Is Nigeria not a super funny nation? And the man who did not have the kind of training you have starts telling you what to do. Then, why the heck did you go to school? Bro, if you search well, these same people were laughing at their lecturers when they were teaching them simple procedures like budding and grafting. And I am sure, they never realise the gift of knowing how to cross pollinate. One girl told me she felt her lecturer was punishing her. lol. She missed the opportunity of learning agricultural gold mining.

1 Like

Re: Weird Cukes by austinomd(m): 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
Good Day all, please I need a farm where I can gain practical knowledge of vegetable farming here in Lagos, going out of Lagos is not easy for me now since I live and work in Lagos.

Please kindly link me with any Lagos based farm that you know.

God bless you as you help a brother.

(1) (Reply)

Food For The Gods! Strange ‘snake-like’ Banana Tree Appears In Anambra Village / Business Plan On Hot Pepper. / Toyota Camry 2007 08106206317

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.