Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Weird Chicken - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Weird Chicken (793 Views)

A Weird Cow In India Unbelievable!! (see Pictures) / Have You Heard About The Weird Naked Chicken Breed / Weird Cukes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weird Chicken by Maxitomxane(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2023
I saw this rooster in my neighborhood... It Has the size and looks of a noiler.
So I took a picture of it to be posted here for identification of the type of breed but upon close inspection of the picture i discovered it has 5 toes. shocked

And yes, i have rd about the chickens that can have 5 toes...
There are about 5 chicken breeds that can posses this trait.
One of them being the silkie, which has 5 toes as its normal but may have one more extra making 6 toes... shocked

1 Like

Re: Weird Chicken by illicit(m): 1:32pm On May 26, 2023
Eat it

shocked

1 Like

Re: Weird Chicken by Maxitomxane(m): 1:37pm On May 26, 2023
illicit:
Eat it

shocked
Lol...make i chop Another person's fowl wey just appear for street grin grin...
I like having 10 fingers and 10 toes... I don't want extras grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Chicken by chukskafor(m): 6:32pm On May 31, 2023
Maxitomxane:
I saw this rooster in my neighborhood... It Has the size and looks of a noiler.
So I took a picture of it to be posted here for identification of the type of breed but upon close inspection of the picture i discovered it has 5 toes. shocked

And yes, i have rd about the chickens that can have 5 toes...
There are about 5 chicken breeds that can posses this trait.
One of them being the silkie, which has 5 toes as its normal but may have one more extra making 6 toes... shocked

LOL bro, no cause for alarm; I have tons of it in my local chicken, as I speak to you right now, my two mother hen that just hatched around 17 chicks have at least three or four in them, it's in their gene; the only exception are the ones hatched from the noilers eggs I gave to the local hen to hatch

1 Like

Re: Weird Chicken by Maxitomxane(m): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
chukskafor:
LOL bro, no cause for alarm; I have tons of it in my local chicken, as I speak to you right now, my two mother hen that just hatched around 17 chicks have at least three or four in them, it's in their gene; the only exception are the ones hatched from the noilers eggs I gave to the local hen to hatch

Oh ...
Cool
Re: Weird Chicken by alexbacker: 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
Wow, it's really huge. He looks like a Lincolnshire Buff. Here are some key features to look for when identifying a Lincolnshire Buff rooster:
1. Color: Lincolnshire Buff roosters have a distinct coloration. Their feathers are typically a rich, golden buff shade throughout their body, including their neck, back, wings, and tail.
2. Size and Build: These roosters are medium-sized with a well-built, sturdy physique. They have a broad chest, strong legs, and a straight posture.
3. Comb and Wattles: Lincolnshire Buff roosters typically have a single comb, which is a fleshy, upright structure on top of their head. Their wattles, which are the drooping, elongated flaps of skin beneath the beak, are usually medium-sized and may be slightly reddish in color.
4. Tail Feathers: Pay attention to their tail feathers. Lincolnshire Buff roosters often have long, well-developed tail feathers that are carried at an angle lower than the back. The feathers may be rounded at the ends.
5. Facial Features: These roosters usually have a proud and alert expression. Their eyes are typically reddish-brown, and their beak is yellow or horn-colored.
I am not really a chicken professional but I do recognize some breeds, also thanks to natureofhome articles.

1 Like

Re: Weird Chicken by Maxitomxane(m): 7:26am On Jul 09, 2023
alexbacker:
Wow, it's really huge. He looks like a Lincolnshire Buff. Here are some key features to look for when identifying a Lincolnshire Buff rooster:
1. Color: Lincolnshire Buff roosters have a distinct coloration. Their feathers are typically a rich, golden buff shade throughout their body, including their neck, back, wings, and tail.
2. Size and Build: These roosters are medium-sized with a well-built, sturdy physique. They have a broad chest, strong legs, and a straight posture.
3. Comb and Wattles: Lincolnshire Buff roosters typically have a single comb, which is a fleshy, upright structure on top of their head. Their wattles, which are the drooping, elongated flaps of skin beneath the beak, are usually medium-sized and may be slightly reddish in color.
4. Tail Feathers: Pay attention to their tail feathers. Lincolnshire Buff roosters often have long, well-developed tail feathers that are carried at an angle lower than the back. The feathers may be rounded at the ends.
5. Facial Features: These roosters usually have a proud and alert expression. Their eyes are typically reddish-brown, and their beak is yellow or horn-colored.
I am not really a chicken professional but I do recognize some breeds, also thanks to natureofhome articles.

Nice...

(1) (Reply)

Why We Need Biosafety Law In Nigeria — Farmers / Small Budget Irrigated Cucumber Farm. / Hatching Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.