Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,175 members, 7,849,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

German Girl In Love With An Ibo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / German Girl In Love With An Ibo (4312 Views)

It Was A Taboo For An Ibo Man To Take His Own Life / Onye Ji Ofor-an Ibo Saying. / An Ibo Woman Married To A Yoruba Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by ezeagu(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Of course I expect you to say so.

@Poster
The day your man starts acting up, but drop and find a Yoruba man. You will never regret it, I guarantee it. You'll enjoy our culture, beautiful and bountiful lol. Egbe omo Yoruba, SW Nigeria tongue tongue tongue

Not interested grin grin grin

See, that's the difference, with Igbo there is no 'acting up'. grin Once Gera1980's eyes hits Enugu, she'll fall in love with the Igboland. grin I mean. . .
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2010
nanidee:

^^

Oh well, if you say so, was just trying to help a sister out. But dont say I didnt tell you, . tongue tongue

And I say "Thank You" tongue tongue

ezeagu:

See, that's the difference, with Igbo there is no 'acting up'. grin Once Gera1980's eyes hits Enugu, she'll fall in love with the Igboland. grin I mean. . .
Abeg, do you know how many countless broken relations threads on NL from Non-Nigerian women about Nigerian men, esp Igbo men? shocked shocked shocked

I once read a thread where a chick was complaining about how her boyfriend's mother kept controlling the types of women her son dated. . . . cheiii tongue tongue
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by nanidee(f): 11:12pm On Oct 09, 2010
I bet you that such guys only claim to be igbo (once a background check is run on them, it'll be easy to spot that their real background is from some other tribe, (yoruba most times), tongue tongue
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 10, 2010
nanidee:

I bet you that such guys only claim to be igbo (once a background check is run on them, it'll be easy to spot that their real background is from some other tribe, (yoruba most times), tongue tongue

LOL Na joke I just dey joke jare. I like your optimistic and calm attitude sha. Keep it up.

I was hoping to ruffle some feathers grin grin grin
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by nanidee(f): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2010
lol tongue tongue
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Gera1980(f): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2010
Wow,
I am really surprised upon so many responses during weekend.
Thanks to everyone! I will try to answer everything in one post and I hope I will not forget anything important.

@nanidee:
I know that my boyfriend came to Germany searching for asylum (which was denied about half a year ago). So what I know for sure is that he is really afraid to be send back to Nigeria and that he will try a lot of things to get a German passport. That is not just reading between the lines, we are talking about these things. Of course this does not (by default) mean that he just wants to be with me to get a German passport. But it makes me think about it.
On the other hand (as I already said in another post) the easiest way to stay in Germany is to get a baby and so what some of his friends do is to go out a lot having sex with many different girls hoping that one of them will get pregnant. And as I know my boyfriend for more than 1 year now, I know this is nothing he will do. I am sure that he did not have any other girl since he is in Germany. Also many of his "friends" told him to go and find another girl because it seems that I can not help him (as I am still not pregnant for him). But he is still with me and I am sure that his word counts for something. I am sure that he would never leave his child or his wife and that he would do what it takes to keep up a happy family. So I just hope that we will find a way to make him stay here in Germany. My thoughts will not cause any problem.
My boyfriend knows that I am afraid about it but he reassures me that he can not be with me for such a long time if he did not like me. And that is something I definitely believe.

@Ileke-IdI / nanidee:
No, I never had a Yoruba man and to be honest I don't think that this will happen in future. I am quite sure that I already have the BEST. ;-) I am very happy with my Igbo man and I have faith that na amara chineke we will have a baby in near future. I know that I want to spend my life with that man :-) and I am sure that he will never start acting up. But thanks for the offer.

@Ezeagu:
You are taking the words out of my mouth. Though I can not speak for Igbo men in general, but for my boyfriend I am sure that there will never be any "acting up". And I am really longing to travel to Enugu with him :-)

@Ileke-IdI:
My boyfriend will never do something only because someone else told him. And especially when it comes to relationships all that should count is that you are happy. So there is no sense in listening to someone else. And also your parents should except whoever you choose. Or don't they want to see you happy?
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by nanidee(f): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2010
hmm, well, like they say, love conquers all.

its good to know that you have a lot of love and trust for your man. From all you have said, its apparent that he loves too.

Just keep hoping for the best, and I assure you that it will come through when you least expect it. (yes o, na amara Chineke)

And I will say nnoo and Chukwu gozie gi. cheesy cheesy
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
nanidee:

hmm, well, like they say, love conquers all.

its good to know that you have a lot of love and trust for your man. From all you have said, its apparent that he loves too.

Just keep hoping for the best, and I assure you that it will come through when you least expect it. (yes o, na amara Chineke)

And I will say nnoo and Chukwu gozie gi. cheesy cheesy

Stop it, woman. You won this time angry grin wink

@German girl

I hear you ----> Good luck in your relationship. smiley
Have you met his mother?
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Gera1980(f): 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2010
@nanidee:
Thank you so much for your encouragement and blessings. Same to you smiley

@Ileke-IdI:
Unfortunately I did not meet any of his family yet, as my boyfriend did not come to Germany legally. So if he left to Nigeria now, it would be quite difficult for him to come back to Germany. That is why we will have to get married first or decide to get married in Nigeria, before I will meet his parents.
I have spoken to 2 of his brothers and some friends on the phone and all seemed to be excited that he is with me for such a long time now, as "girls have never moved him" when he was in Nigeria.
But to be honest, I am somewhat anxious whether his parents can really feel as easy about me being a white girl as my boyfriend keeps telling me.
I know what my parents think about me being with him and I can tell that you could not want to hear that. But this is my life and I feel that it is the right thing to do, to get married to him.
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by excanny: 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2010
Ileke-idi, it seems you've finally got your match in nanidee. I see your guys policing each other in future. It would be interesting to see how she checkmates you. I'll be watching! grin grin grin
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 12, 2010
excanny:

Ileke-idi, it seems you've finally got your match in nanidee. I see your guys policing each other in future. It would be interesting to see how she checkmates you. I'll be watching! grin grin grin
No, negative. Unless she's a hot dude [like Maziuche], no policing will be allowed. And I like the girl; cool, calm and collected
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Nobody: 3:58am On Oct 12, 2010
Gera1980:

@nanidee:
Thank you so much for your encouragement and blessings. Same to you smiley

@Ileke-IdI:
Unfortunately I did not meet any of his family yet, as my boyfriend did not come to Germany legally. So if he left to Nigeria now, it would be quite difficult for him to come back to Germany. That is why we will have to get married first or decide to get married in Nigeria, before I will meet his parents.
I have spoken to 2 of his brothers and some friends on the phone and all seemed to be excited that he is with me for such a long time now, as "girls have never moved him" when he was in Nigeria.
But to be honest, I am somewhat anxious whether his parents can really feel as easy about me being a white girl as my boyfriend keeps telling me.
I know what my parents think about me being with him and I can tell that you could not want to hear that. But this is my life and I feel that it is the right thing to do, to get married to him.

Congratulations.

hmmm @ the bolded part.

Have you atleast talked to his parents on the phone? Do you know everything there is to know about his lifestyle? His Igbo wife in Igboland?

Well, goodluck. . . . keep us update.
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Leilah(f): 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2010
I went to Nigeria and got married there, do that, then u will have to meet his family. I always thought I would be left when he got his papers, he has everything now. He surprised me by buying a house for me. I have one child 6 years now and we are together 7years. I know I did a lot of complaining on this forum about the cultural differences. If you have good intentions, u will be rewarded for it. I wouldnt get pregnant though. It very serious when u have a child and life can be difficult. WHy not get married then later on get pregnant?
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by ezeagu(m): 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2010
Leilah:

I went to Nigeria and got married there, do that, then u will have to meet his family. I always thought I would be left when he got his papers, he has everything now. He surprised me by buying a house for me. I have one child 6 years now and we are together 7years. I know I did a lot of complaining on this forum about the cultural differences. If you have good intentions, u will be rewarded for it. I wouldnt get pregnant though. It very serious when u have a child and life can be difficult. WHy not get married then later on get pregnant?

Like what?
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2010
ezeagu:

Like what?
Google her ID and you'll see her many threads.

@Leilah
We're happy it worked out well for you
Re: German Girl In Love With An Ibo by Kunbee: 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2010
Goodluck o baby

(1) (2) (Reply)

Translate This Igbo Phrase Please / Where Are My Beautiful Idoma Sisters, And Handsom Idoma Men / The Etsako People Of Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.